AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-02-24, 10:08   Link #40561
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I.S. network is everywhere, it's like internet but instead of server you have I.S. core. The main problem probably lies with Tabane herself so capturing her is justified.

I still haven't got a full picture, but the moment I read "American Action Movie" stamped there, I feel a shitstorm is incoming very fast (still have no idea if it's good or bad, so please explain further)
Old 2013-02-24, 10:26   Link #40562
demino_hellsin
That one guy

american action movie because you have the basic schtick

badguy - Tabane's captors

the McGuffin - Tabane

the underdog heroes - the pilots of every other machine claiming to be as good or better than the IS

So they're all put on one mission. Recover Tabane and restore control of the IS to their respective owners. Let's face it... this is a suicide mission right from the get go. Kind of like most american delta force like movies.

It's not like our fics of anime style where we draw it out by giving either an unknown or vague enemy or goal. It's to the point and forces everyone to dig deep. Like really dig deep. At least that's what I hope

EDIT: wait! It's actually the opposite. The short scenario won't give enough time for character growth XD

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-02-24 at 10:45.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 13:52   Link #40563
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Fanfic report:

Contrasting the epic-ness of new IS technology....

I planning to make IS development look mundane and boring compared to Instant Ramen competition, making the former an office job where people just droning on the screen while the latter more epic and hot-blood

Because, let's face it, working in a job which little to no people appreciate, it kind of become a drag after years of doing it. Beside, the Competition is a hobby, you don't do it because its your job but because you have a passion for it.

=

Plush toy concept means that I can attempt a Sad Clown Character. Being behind a mask means nobody know what the character actually feel. It allow me to set the story a tone of Happy and Joy on the outside(front stage) until you drill deep enough (remember that villain? Druggie IS pilot?).

Now the other hand, I wanted a character with normal life with nothing bad happen (look at the IS cast and most male OC to get why I wanted a normal character for once).

dilemma dilemma...

There is three ways to do it:

1. Leave Cyril as normal character while assigning the Sad Clown role to another character

2. Normal life and family but lost a close friend due to Anti-IS protest and is still resentful and bitter about it.

3. still manage have a decent and normal life compared to our dear main cast. Despite of being abnormal.

4. Combination of 2 and 3.

Currently, the 4th is my choice though might change if a better way to deal with this come up.

=
Question of the post:

I have a really weird question....

What advantage do you think a Bikini IS suit would have? (Yes, I am doing that again).

As for now, Bikini IS suit is used for IS demonstration rather than actual IS battle. Kind of like Race-Queen....only with the girls inside the machine.
Reason being: IS suit offer some amount of defense (bullet proof remember?) but Bikini IS doesn't. Joke explanation by Trolls (could be anybody from Tabane to Cyril): Bikini IS suit increase speed of the IS....apparently

===

Edit:
Another question just in case you find the above question too weak: Nationality.... I probably need more Asian characters (other than Japanese) in the story

Spoiler for OC list version up:
Old 2013-02-25, 14:48   Link #40564
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
What advantage do you think a Bikini IS suit would have? (Yes, I am doing that again).
[/SPOILER]
1. Fanservice

2. Moar skin, thus moar fanservice

Disadvantage

1. Look stupid because trying too hard for fanservice

2. Less fetishistic
Old 2013-02-25, 20:49   Link #40565
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
1. Fanservice

2. Moar skin, thus moar fanservice

Disadvantage

1. Look stupid because trying too hard for fanservice

2. Less fetishistic
which is why it is being use in IS demonstration rather than actual IS battle...

Used for to drawing crowd (albeit trying too hard), actual combat capability = zero.

Like I mention before: IS development has become somewhat a chore for those in the industry so some of them are mostly there for the girls rather than the machine.

With that being said, IS bikini is most likely being used by Dunois to distract others from their lack of development....

====
Old 2013-02-26, 03:53   Link #40566
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Age... I have been contemplating that for awhile now...

And I've come up with something worse... thank you so much T_T
Old 2013-02-26, 07:10   Link #40567
agetreme
Just another Idiot

I also found another way to get around the whole sad clown thing: Depression.

More question:

How do you define a Soul Crushing dead-end Job?

Long Hours?
Low salary?
Old 2013-02-26, 07:19   Link #40568
demino_hellsin
That one guy

"It puts food on the table."

"I have ten mouths to feed."

"I'd rather be dead than doing this job. But I'd rather die doing this job than dying penniless."

"8 to 5 no coffee breaks and forced overtime."

"Nepotism everywhere."

"No promotion cause of the brown nosers in the department upstairs."

"No promotion because of the secretarial slu-" *censored for adult content*
Old 2013-02-26, 18:42   Link #40569
DarkJak2050

Oh snap... A crossover with Ouran High School Host Club.

Infinite Ouran
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 06:42   Link #40570
Eratas123

Damn, made Future Imperfect too hard to follow up on.
Old 2013-02-27, 09:20   Link #40571
demino_hellsin
That one guy

considering the number of sidestories, plot twists and character backgrounds to pay attention to , not to mention the simultaneous events... yeah.
Old 2013-02-27, 18:43   Link #40572
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

One of my author friend said that if you doubled the characters, the possible number of plot threads is squared.

At that time (I started to write a fanfic), I consider it moronic and too simple of a math. Now... well....

As demonstrated by TLR Stratos who refused to wake up from hibernation
Quote:
> 2 Main heroes (Reed & Ichika)
> 11 Heroines (Too long shouldn't post, and Tatenashi*)
> 2 Male Lancers (Len, Dan**)
> 1 Female Lancer (Saki*)
> 3 Male Sidekicks (Saruyama, Charles**, Motemitsu*)
> 3 Female side characters (Rin, Honne, Kaoruko*)

And this is only those that are plot important, and if I went with backstory, there are five plot important teachers, Tabane, two soldiers, and at least three engineers. AND of course, the parents, as well as the rest of NAMED characters

* Their own sidestory, Tatenashi is THE hero
** Roles are interchangeable, really
Crazy I knew, and the more reason to pull my hair.
Old 2013-02-27, 18:59   Link #40573
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Was there someone on the board that proposed an IS which required the user to not be wearing a pilot suit? @_@
Old 2013-02-27, 19:12   Link #40574
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Nope

And unless it's armored, 4/5 of Ichika's harem will be pissed, and even Laura will be peeved because it's against regulation (not because it means nude).

Age also brought issues about comfort, which makes sense. I.S. outfit are there as cushion and friction reduction than anything else.
Old 2013-02-27, 19:26   Link #40575
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Nah, the unit I have in mind is full body covered. I'm thinking of handing it off to Clarissa since she's the only one I think capable of handling such a huge idiot ball. For reasons obvious to all, test piloting this suit is considered a punishment.

The reason the pilot has to be nude is because the IS portion that covers the body acts as more of a chamber which would be filled with an organic liquid computer. Yes, liquid computer. Unlike normal liquids, it doesn't really cling to the skin and would mostly feel like gel. It works this way because the liquid computer analyzes the micro electronic impulses in the pilot to move the frame in a similar manor. This tech is reserved for large frames which are initially considered too bulky to be effective.

If a comparison has to be drawn, a normal point of view is that that an IS frame moves along with the pilot by readong the signal already sent but this still leaves a delay where the pilot heaves the armor piece. Another is that the IS boosts the pilot's strength while decreasing armor weight so the pilot can properrly move the armor pieces on their own. This technology in theory will allows the IS to move as the pilot does. By analyzing the pilot's complete body language with a huge processing capability dedicated to this, the IS independently move simultaneously as the pilot does. This gives large frames unprecedented agility rivaling small frame units.
Old 2013-02-27, 19:34   Link #40576
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

That actually makes sense, if somewhat impractical. Contrary to Evangelion bullshit, liquid transfer impact force a lot worse than air (presumably more 'acceptable' explanation rather than angelic progenitor alien's menstrual blood). Of course, with PIC, this issue can be mitigated somewhat.

In my verse, the usage of I.S. outfit is mostly similar to what Age laid out: comfort. Any kind of cloth are intrusive to I.S. control to some extent, but I.S. outfit are foamy enough to minimize it to negligible effect. using I.S. bare means not only risk of skin friction, but also pinching (do remember I.S. part refit themselves to the pilot, which means a LOT of moving parts).
Old 2013-02-27, 19:38   Link #40577
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It did sound better in my head

I forgot to mention also that the liquid allows for a near innumerable number of equalizers to be equipped because they share their HDD memory with the core.
Old 2013-02-27, 19:53   Link #40578
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

And here we go with infinite armament again...

*Cruel angel thesis play in the background*

Doesn't that mean, you know, it's like each and every cell/crystal in that gel is nonsentient I.S. core? I can imagine the revolution it caused to conventional warfare.

Then again, I'm the guy who proposed the idea of [Fortress], please don't pay attention.
Old 2013-02-27, 20:00   Link #40579
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well it uses DNA base micro organic computers so I suppose.

I actuallu contemplated for this to be a prototype of the 4th and, dare I say it, 5th generation IS. Instead of just limiting these equalizer slots to weapons and peripherals, why not whole parts? The standard heavy frame can then be switched out for it's small frame counterpart.
Old 2013-02-27, 20:04   Link #40580
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Volume limitation, strictly speaking, the gel had to go SOMEWHERE.

Unless The Gel are virtually the WinRAR or WinZip of I.S., in which means they're not so much storage as compression archive, and the gel IS stored inside I.S. core, while carrying a number of equalizer in compressed state.

Weapon Archive system at least act that way in mine, seven equalizer (mainly swords) count as one. Archive System also used to carry whole extension frame (Panzer Igel), which evolved further into Fortress, which basically procedural generation on crack.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest