Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-06, 01:39   Link #821
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
In other words, the message goes as: "You shall bear responsibility and don't you dare getting away from it, fatso."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
No, ROK would NOT go for annihilation unless mass atrocities were done by the invading KPA forces.
With all due respect, I don't think Ms. Park cares that much about North Korean lives nor will care from the moment that first bullet flies past a South Korean citizen's head. At that time, politics and all those things will go right out the window.
Old 2013-04-06, 01:53   Link #822
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
America should be more grateful that we have a relatively non crazy communist overlord next door. Imagine if we had the North koreans as our neighbors!
You are being unrealistic. The ATF/Texans would have solved the problem for the rest of US already.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-04-06, 02:14   Link #823
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
With all due respect, I don't think Ms. Park cares that much about North Korean lives nor will care from the moment that first bullet flies past a South Korean citizen's head. At that time, politics and all those things will go right out the window.
That's because you don't know a damn thing about ROK.
Old 2013-04-06, 02:18   Link #824
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
To put it in a crude way, you have to remember that Asians value face. Do you not think that she would really lose face with her people and the world for losing her cool and level-headedness to blow the NK out of their mountains?

War is still about politics. In fact, war IS politics.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-04-06, 02:23   Link #825
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
That's because you don't know a damn thing about ROK.
As if the ROK won't unleash hell upon the DPRK if the latter fires first. You forgot one new variable that is nothing like what was seen before in South Korea: Ms. Park.

It's not for nothing that she's labeled as Korea's Margaret Thatcher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
To put it in a crude way, you have to remember that Asians value face. Do you not think that she would really lose face with her people and the world for losing her cool and level-headedness to blow the NK out of their mountains?
If the DPRK fires first (and I suspect they will do anyway), then I don't see anything restraining Ms. Park from using everything she has at her disposal after being given the perfect excuse to "finish the job" as the only option left to save face.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2013-04-06 at 02:44.
Old 2013-04-06, 02:35   Link #826
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

North Korea has been unusually hawkish. But South Korea has also being unusually restrained.

We all know SK have the most to lose in ANY kind of conflict. Nuclear or not. That they would have the most initial causalities that couldn't be avoided.

But still, if SK get hit first, at that point there is no point playing nice. Casualties become a statistic, and it would be the time to get it over with as it were.
Old 2013-04-06, 02:43   Link #827
Sumeragi
Banned

*Facepalm*

You know, it's funny how outsiders think they know more about ROK public opinion than the ROK people themselves.
Old 2013-04-06, 02:56   Link #828
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
*Facepalm*

You know, it's funny how outsiders think they know more about ROK public opinion than the ROK people themselves.
So if Seoul is blown up you think the government won't respond then?
Old 2013-04-06, 03:00   Link #829
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
If the DPRK fires first (and I suspect they will do anyway), then I don't see anything restraining Ms. Park from using everything she has at her disposal after being given the perfect excuse to "finish the job" as the only option left to save face.
There are sympathisers, moderates and no doubt, parents who don't want their children to be sent to the grinder like starship troopers. These people recoil at the aspect of war, and they make up a significant part of the paper-droppers that put her into the position she has today.

Besides, I think there are string pullers who understand the lack of a North Korea in this world, many of which who hold positions and assets in China, Japan, US and ib each respective Korea. The disappearance of such a tantrum throwing little boy can have unforseeable effects on the world economy and status quo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
"This isn't StarCraft." Depending on how it will be blown up, there will be measured responses to avoid pulling more people into the picture. Missiles will be intercepted, but urban London-style bombings will most likely see a patsy being hanged.

That being said, all of us didn't exactly know what will happen if such were to occur. There are lots of things the NIS knows and they are not telling anyone. And CIA has their hands full in the Middle East.

Old 2013-04-06, 03:10   Link #830
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Sometimes for civilization to advance, the status quo must be broken.
Old 2013-04-06, 03:11   Link #831
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Sometimes for civilization to advance, the status quo must be broken.
Unfortunately, yes.

Old 2013-04-06, 03:13   Link #832
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
And you think that's the only option DPRK has as its opening move for whatever they're planning?
Old 2013-04-06, 03:23   Link #833
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
And you think that's the only option DPRK has as its opening move for whatever they're planning?
That is the only move that would actually matter. That is the only thing NK can do that would frighten people. Seoul is the one major city NK can reliably harm with the technology available, everything else they could do have too low a chance of success or have too little impact.
Old 2013-04-06, 03:48   Link #834
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
There are sympathisers, moderates and no doubt, parents who don't want their children to be sent to the grinder like starship troopers. These people recoil at the aspect of war, and they make up a significant part of the paper-droppers that put her into the position she has today.

Besides, I think there are string pullers who understand the lack of a North Korea in this world, many of which who hold positions and assets in China, Japan, US and ib each respective Korea. The disappearance of such a tantrum throwing little boy can have unforseeable effects on the world economy and status quo.
What kind of unforseeable effects?

Back in 1998, when the hostilities in Kosovo started, some people also wondered what aftereffects there could have been on Europe's economy and on potential loss of life if several European countries decided that war would be waged against Serbia. Also, there was also the prospect of Russian involvement to back up Serbia and reminding all Eastern Europeans nightmares of the Soviet presence in previous decades. However, NATO decided to intervene and whether we agree or not, the last obstacle before reaching long-lasting peace in Europe was removed when Milosevic's regime was brought down by force.

It's only my opinion, but I believe North Korea are sitting in the same position Serbia used to as a last obstacle to peace and stability in the region. And as Ithekro mentioned, there are times when the status quo has to be broken if we want civilization to advance.
Old 2013-04-06, 06:50   Link #835
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
You are being unrealistic. The ATF/Texans would have solved the problem for the rest of US already.
How? Last time I checked the ATF/Texans didn't solve the problems of Cuba.
Old 2013-04-06, 06:54   Link #836
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Even if they would like to do so, it's well beyong thei capacity, especialy given the state of the ATF right now
Old 2013-04-06, 07:55   Link #837
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
I was joking about them rednecks.

Old 2013-04-06, 09:05   Link #838
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
That is the only move that would actually matter. That is the only thing NK can do that would frighten people. Seoul is the one major city NK can reliably harm with the technology available, everything else they could do have too low a chance of success or have too little impact.
Exactly the problem here. ROK is more worried about an invasion of its western islands than a direct attack on Seoul, simply because it knows DPRK knows an attack on the ROK capital is basically national suicide.

Same old "DPRK is insane" logic that made just about every single prediction miss by a long shot for the past two decades.
Old 2013-04-06, 09:48   Link #839
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
I was joking about them rednecks.
It is not a very effective joke.

Do any native Koreans have any opinions on this?
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

(longer video)
Old 2013-04-06, 09:50   Link #840
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Exactly the problem here. ROK is more worried about an invasion of its western islands than a direct attack on Seoul, simply because it knows DPRK knows an attack on the ROK capital is basically national suicide.

Same old "DPRK is insane" logic that made just about every single prediction miss by a long shot for the past two decades.
And you think an invasion of the western islands wouldn't trigger a military response? SK would just act like nothing happened?