AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-07-09, 12:44   Link #441
MayumiHime
Kihihihi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigemperor View Post

EPIC NEW OPENING JUST EPIC
AGREED!

I looooove the new song~ Everything is perfect and I'm really happy. It's hard to wait until 15th august. D:
MayumiHime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 12:50   Link #442
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayumiHime View Post
AGREED!

I looooove the new song~ Everything is perfect and I'm really happy. It's hard to wait until 15th august. D:
Agreed! Though, I'm a little sad that Akiko Shikata didn't return to do the OP this time...

Anyway, it will be really hard to wait for the 15th... but, it's going to be difficult after that as well. Who knows what kind of rumors will fly around? EP4 rumors had me thinking that Jessica killed herself with an umbrella... and then it'll take a while for the game to get translated, so I know that I personally won't be able to really enjoy the game until after it does. ^^;

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 12:57   Link #443
tcaz2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
Agreed! Though, I'm a little sad that Akiko Shikata didn't return to do the OP this time...

Anyway, it will be really hard to wait for the 15th... but, it's going to be difficult after that as well. Who knows what kind of rumors will fly around? EP4 rumors had me thinking that Jessica killed herself with an umbrella... and then it'll take a while for the game to get translated, so I know that I personally won't be able to really enjoy the game until after it does. ^^;
I hope I can dodge spoilers til Episode 5 is translated... Hopefully nothing will get in Witch Hunt's way this time!

Wasn't too successful with dodging Episode 4 ones... might have to take more extreme measures.
tcaz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 13:35   Link #444
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguy View Post
Also that new girl seems to share facial expression set with none other than... Bern. What a surprise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaya View Post
4. Seems the new witch will troll Battler a lot. I think the new girl is more like EVA-BEATRICE + Bern.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hareoic View Post
Looks like Battler's going on the offensive (the music sounds more like something you'd hear playing in the background when somebody declares their resolve in a given anime ). That might explain why the witch side thought it necessary to bring in a new girl, for fear of the game ending really soon rather than being an eternal tie.
These comments and that scene in the OP that has the blue/pink orbs (Bern/Lambda) suddenly interrupted by Battler's 'blazing red orb' (hinting at Battler squaring off with the two Great Witches?) have got me thinking that ep5 girl is the
Spoiler:

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
melange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 13:38   Link #445
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcaz2 View Post
... might have to take more extreme measures.

0_o .... *backs away slowly*

Er, anyways, while I would of prefered a new song by Akiko Shikata, I do like the feeling of this new song. It's very, "HOLY SHI WE GONNA WIN AND FIND THE TRUTH THIS TIME!"-esque .

By the by, can the new Kanji in the title be translated as "dispell?" I only ask not because I can actually read the kanji, but because I think "dispell" has a nice feel to it ....
lovelysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 13:56   Link #446
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by melange View Post
These comments and that scene in the OP that has the blue/pink orbs (Bern/Lambda) suddenly interrupted by Battler's 'blazing red orb' (hinting at Battler squaring off with the two Great Witches?) have got me thinking that ep5 girl is the
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 13:59   Link #447
Alaya
Counter Force

Quote:
Spoiler:
Berndakasta? That is a nice name...

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 14:12   Link #448
Eryops

Quote:
Spoiler:
I was guessing that the golden orb was Beatrice; after all she is stuck in the game that is played between the two of them. And Bern doesn't want to keep the game in a tie; the two witches would only cooperate if there was a danger of Beatrice winning, so Battler shouldn't really need to oppose them.
Eryops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 14:13   Link #449
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
While the new OP doesn't exactly fit the theme of the game, it does get you hyped up knowing that NOW is the time where the ANSWERS will start to rolling in and this is really where Battler can start to fight back. I think it sets the mood for an epic showdown to come and my gosh are the visuals drooling.

So many hints and events to come, my mind just exploded

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 14:18   Link #450
Bern-chan
Not Rika Furude

Send a message via MSN to Bern-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TsundereCake View Post
What's Paletwebs shipping like? Is it better than Himeyashop's $18 ?

As for the OP, does any else wonder who the person standing in the far left of the screen is at :38 (as the camera pans out)?
Pic? D:

Also to all the Anti-Anges: .... Whaaaat?! She's like my favourite char.

The OP made my hair stand on end with excitement.
Bern-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 14:20   Link #451
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-chan View Post
Pic? D:

Also to all the Anti-Anges: .... Whaaaat?! She's like my favourite char.

The OP made my hair stand on end with excitement.
I'm not anti-Ange. EP 4 just kinda made me sick of her XD; That's all. If she is around, for whatever reason, then she shouldn't be the center-piece.

Overall I hope the next four arcs develop the adults more. Hideyoshi, Krauss, Rudolf and Kyrie especially need it the most (Hideyoshi has like zero back story. Poor guy)
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 14:23   Link #452
Teapot

Send a message via MSN to Teapot
All we know about Hideyoshi is that he lost most of his relatives during the war, so that's why he din't mind moving into the Ushiromiya family register and losing his original last name
Teapot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 14:25   Link #453
Freelii
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
I'm not anti-Ange. EP 4 just kinda made me sick of her XD; That's all. If she is around, for whatever reason, then she shouldn't be the center-piece.

Overall I hope the next four arcs develop the adults more. Hideyoshi, Krauss, Rudolf and Kyrie especially need it the most (Hideyoshi has like zero back story. Poor guy)
I got tired of her too, especially her whole "Yaaay, I have magic! And magical friends!" Since I'm extremely anti-fantasy (I think that's the right one), they can't possibly exist and are only figments of her imagination. I can't figure out how she could possibly be around in the meta-world, considering what happened to her at the end of Episode 4.

I won't strike out the possibility of another 1998 'epilogue world' though. The way she acted in Episode 4 was highly relevant to the outcome of Episode 3, so I wonder if there are Ange's relevant to the outcomes of the other games?
Freelii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 14:30   Link #454
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Would it be interesting if the "anti-fantasy" angle was incorrect and that Battler is fighting the wrong fight?
Old 2009-07-09, 14:33   Link #455
Bern-chan
Not Rika Furude

Send a message via MSN to Bern-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Would it be interesting if the "anti-fantasy" angle was incorrect and that Battler is fighting the wrong fight?
How do you mean? Ange herself admits magic doesn't exist... kind of.

EDIT: Umm okay I read your post wrong. But! Magic existing would be strange considering the whole game is based around denying it. Although I personally think magic does exist, but it's not what caused the murders, since the meta -world and repeating game boards themselves prove that magic exists. o.o
Bern-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 14:34   Link #456
Freelii
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Maybe for some people, but I'd feel horribly betrayed

Also, if the fantasy *is* true... there's been absolutely no point to Battler's struggle. We already know the answers to all the Episodes. Everyone was killed with magic. There's no intrigue or mystery or riddles to solve because, with magic, every question has been answered.
Freelii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 14:39   Link #457
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Could Battler be fighting for the wrong reason, or actually against a false assumtion. He's fighting to prove that witches and magic doesn't exist, correct? What if that is the wrong fight. His other goal is to prove that the murders were committed by natural/human causes. This would be the correct fight, however maybe he's fighting it wrong.

What if the magic and witches do exist, but they didn't cause the murders (directly). He's spending too much time trying to deny that they exist, yet maybe the answer is elsewhere...some sort of middle ground between "anti-fantasy" and "anti-mystery". The grey area between all the black and white. Between the blue and the red.
Old 2009-07-09, 14:43   Link #458
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Could Battler be fighting for the wrong reason, or actually against a false assumtion. He's fighting to prove that witches and magic doesn't exist, correct? What if that is the wrong fight. His other goal is to prove that the murders were committed by natural/human causes. This would be the correct fight, however maybe he's fighting it wrong.

What if the magic and witches do exist, but they didn't cause the murders (directly). He's spending too much time trying to deny that they exist, yet maybe the answer is elsewhere...some sort of middle ground between "anti-fantasy" and "anti-mystery". The grey area between all the black and white. Between the blue and the red.
Between the red and blue...

Orange truth :awesome:

But yeah I agree. But like I said before - it's all about the game. After the game is over Battler can say witches and magic exist. But until then he has to keep up his denial or he loses.
Old 2009-07-09, 14:50   Link #459
Alaya
Counter Force

I think magic exists because people believe/want it exist.

It depends on how people define the word "magic" too, and I think we already have different definition of magic here. But I really doubt that "magic" can be regard literally.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 15:00   Link #460
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaya View Post
I think magic exists because people believe/want it exist.

It depends on how people define the word "magic" too, and I think we already have different definition of magic here. But I really doubt that "magic" can be regard literally.
There are two types of 'magic' displayed so far.

White magic, which comes from love and happiness, and Black magic, which comes from hatred. White magic has the power to heal, while Black magic has the power to kill.