AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-05-05, 17:17   Link #301
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I now see why Kohane has her fans. What a sweetie! Her mom definitely needs some lecturing too and a kick in the a**.
Old 2008-05-05, 18:41   Link #302
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Episode 5 was awesome! Everything about the episode was perfect. Episode preview for the next one made me confused as I thought there would be a continuation to the story. May be I need to watch the sub. Watanuki's personality allows a character like Kohane to thrive in this kind of story. She really had little to offer to the episode and yet her character was such a delight. And Doumeki is a true friend.

Considering how disappointing this Spring season has been thus for me for the lack of good shows, xxxHolic and Kurenai help mend the void.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 22:12   Link #303
nanafan
horo fan

a great episode, kohane awww soo cute feel so bad for her too.
Spoiler for doumeki and watanuki:
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 22:15   Link #304
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Kohane's mother is bad news. Anyways the last time Watanuki sympathized with someone it almost got him killed.
Old 2008-05-05, 22:23   Link #305
nanafan
horo fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Kohane's mother is bad news. Anyways the last time Watanuki sympathized with someone it almost got him killed.
sooo true, i remember why her mom is like that but i won't tell. that mom is messed up. i see that watanuki is definitely changing with the different people he meets, he learns more about the people who care for him, and that whatever happens to him will hurt others.
Old 2008-05-05, 23:36   Link #306
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

What I really lol'ed at this episode was Yuuko remarking that Watanuki would even take Himawari's dreams even if it was full of demons. Which is true, as I really don't see Watanuki ever getting over Himawari, the poor thing.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 00:48   Link #307
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
At the moment ANN lists it as 13 as well....I HOPE NOT!!
Moon Phase also lists xxxHolic Kei to be 26 episodes, just a note.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 06:34   Link #308
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Ko. Ha. Ne. Chaaaaan!!

I'll never get bored of saying that.

This episode is just perfect. Serene and melancholic, but very powerful. One could just feel the emotion at the first meeting of two kindred souls. And that umbrella.

CLAMP really is spectacular. Their answer to the moe concept/phenomenon beats all those other superficial "moe anime girls" by far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
At the moment ANN lists it as 13 as well....I HOPE NOT!!
I believe ANN tends to list only the "standard" 13 episodes until further episodes are officially revealed.

So it's not so much misinformation or speculation as a "minimalist" listing policy.

xxxHolic Kei truly deserves a full 26 episodes in any case, and I seriously doubt any CLAMP anime, especially one of this caliber, will have ratings problems somehow that would hinder that.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 10:14   Link #309
nanafan
horo fan

yay 26 eps i am happy bout that. it's wierd what watanuki would do for himawari, when will he realize that she brings him bad luck? or is he in denial?
Old 2008-05-06, 12:00   Link #310
eipu

it really makes a nice twist in the story that the one person watanuki is extremely fond of turns out to be something of a bad luck to him. Watanuki can be really thickheaded sometimes. With all the hints that yuko is sending his way about himawari, it's just like him to miss them all.

About kohane, so far, i don't find myself sympathizing with her. I mostly felt for watanuki in this episode than her. It was sort of painful to see watanuki feeling sad about kohane's situation. It's also nice that he's less and less irritated with doumeki. I guess, sharing an eye helped their relationship grow.
eipu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 12:17   Link #311
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I really don't think Watanuki is dumb or in denial. Yuuko after all explicitly stated that Himawari wasn't his lady luck (goddess of fotrune). Even if he was thichheaded and/or in denial, I really don't think his actions would change once he realized that Himawari is only bringing him bad luck. He would try to be with her all the same. Love knows no bounds, after all.

The way I see it, Watanuki's depth of love towards Himawari is so deep that he'll live the rest of his life in misfortune just to be with her. After all, I've said before that being unable to fall out of love from the person who brings you bad luck, is probably the worst misfortune one can ever get.

So yeah, much to my (I personally find Z-W and even Kohane to be a better match) and to the yaoi fangirl's dismay, it doesn't look like Watanuki will stop loving Himawari... ever.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 12:37   Link #312
eipu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I really don't think Watanuki is dumb or in denial. Yuuko after all explicitly stated that Himawari wasn't his lady luck (goddess of fotrune). Even if he was thichheaded and/or in denial, I really don't think his actions would change once he realized that Himawari is only bringing him bad luck. He would try to be with her all the same. Love knows no bounds, after all.

The way I see it, Watanuki's depth of love towards Himawari is so deep that he'll live the rest of his life in misfortune just to be with her. After all, I've said before that being unable to fall out of love from the person who brings you bad luck, is probably the worst misfortune one can ever get.
I also think watanuki is neither dumb nor in denial, but i don't think he's inlove with himawari. As far as the series goes (i haven't touched the manga), sure, watanuki fawns over himawari and proclaims to everyone who will listen that he likes everything about her, but somehow, his behavior around himawari doesn't yet scream love to me. Infatuation, yes. But love, not quite. Well, if it's indeed love, watanuki sure has an odd way of showing it. I haven't yet encountered (in real life and in fiction) someone who passionately and cheerfully expresses love like watanuki.

Even when he realizes that himawari surely brings him bad luck, he's most likely not going to mind it because that's how kind watanuki is. That's just my opinion btw ^^

And wow, i like the line you said in your post, the one in bold characters..

Quote:
to the yaoi fangirl's dismay, it doesn't look like Watanuki will stop loving Himawari... ever.
Hehe, that may be the case, but from what i've heard from manga readers, as the story progresses in the manga, the relationship between watanuki and doumeki becomes more and more pronounced and centered ^^
Old 2008-05-06, 17:52   Link #313
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Just got done with Episode 5...

Wow. I know people like Kohane's mother and it creeps me out. >_>
Quote:
Originally Posted by eipu View Post
Hehe, that may be the case, but from what i've heard from manga readers, as the story progresses in the manga, the relationship between watanuki and doumeki becomes more and more pronounced and centered ^^
Please don't ruin my day. -_-;

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 18:14   Link #314
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
I also think watanuki is neither dumb nor in denial, but i don't think he's inlove with himawari. As far as the series goes (i haven't touched the manga), sure, watanuki fawns over himawari and proclaims to everyone who will listen that he likes everything about her, but somehow, his behavior around himawari doesn't yet scream love to me. Infatuation, yes. But love, not quite. Well, if it's indeed love, watanuki sure has an odd way of showing it. I haven't yet encountered (in real life and in fiction) someone who passionately and cheerfully expresses love like watanuki.

Even when he realizes that himawari surely brings him bad luck, he's most likely not going to mind it because that's how kind watanuki is. That's just my opinion btw ^^

And wow, i like the line you said in your post, the one in bold characters..

I don't see how he can be either since I don't think he knows anything about her...I rarely if ever see them hang out together alone away from school and I never once remember them talking about her personal life or past at all. *shrug*

Heck I don't even remember any kind of back story on why he's crazy about her in the first place...Sounds like text book infatuation to me.

But anyway I loved this episode...The fact that it was raining for a large part of it really gave it a great mood. Can't wait to see what they do with Kohane in the future.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 20:45   Link #315
mikesince83
AnimeSuki Freshman

Spirit sighting...

Spoiler for Question:

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for! The ambiguous fashion rating! (not a reflection of the overall quality of the episode)

Episode 5: 8/10 - More of the butterfly yukata is always a good thing. But sadly, Yuko didn't make much of an appearance this episode. When she was on screen however, she was sporting some sort frill along her kimono sleeve. Strange, but not altogether bad as the colors and design were nice. Kohane-chan also gets an honorable mention wearing two different dresses with colors to match her hair and eyes respectively.
mikesince83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 21:59   Link #316
eipu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
I don't see how he can be either since I don't think he knows anything about her...I rarely if ever see them hang out together alone away from school and I never once remember them talking about her personal life or past at all. *shrug*

Heck I don't even remember any kind of back story on why he's crazy about her in the first place...Sounds like text book infatuation to me.

But anyway I loved this episode...The fact that it was raining for a large part of it really gave it a great mood. Can't wait to see what they do with Kohane in the future.
My exact sentiments about the watanuki/himawari pair ^^ Yeah, i would also like to see in the series how watakunki started his infatuation with himawari or atleast how and when they first met.

I love the whole mood of the episode. Especially towards the end.

@ JagdPanther

Erm, lol, sorry to ruin your day ^^ i guess i should have placed that under a spoiler tag.

Spoiler for about the vestal sprite:
Old 2008-05-06, 22:02   Link #317
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
@ JagdPanther

Erm, lol, sorry to ruin your day ^^ i guess i should have placed that under a spoiler tag.

LOL I would've read it, anyway.

Like I just read what you just posted.

Oh Lord....

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 23:06   Link #318
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
The manga never say that.

So yeah, either it's from an external source (unlikely; this isn't Code Geass: Lelouch of the Advertising Blitz) or it's a funny troll.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-07, 00:25   Link #319
eipu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post

So yeah, either it's from an external source (unlikely; this isn't Code Geass: Lelouch of the Advertising Blitz) or it's a funny troll.
Ohh, i was really left wondering after reading that comment because the person who posted it sounded really sure and confident about it and even the owner of the blog was slightly convinced. If you're interested you can see the comment here at memento blog. Scroll down for keiri's comment. Anyway, it's still an interesting issue and quite a revelation if that happens to be true.
Old 2008-05-07, 00:46   Link #320
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
But Ohkawa herself did.

Spoiler:
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seinen, supernatural