AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 43 28.10%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 25.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 19.61%
7 out of 10 : Good 22 14.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 7.84%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.31%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.65%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.65%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.96%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-21, 09:53   Link #101
typhonsentra

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-08-21, 10:05   Link #102
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I seem to recall Haruhi being able to read Kyon's mind being a valid question from before. Especially with the "2mg of confidence" line.
Old 2009-08-21, 10:48   Link #103
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Especially with the "2mg of confidence" line.
Sorry, but what this mean?

But, yeah, I never thought about Haruhi being able to read Kyon's mind, just he mutter to himself a lot. This episode was strange, however. It could be coincidence, but it would be odd.

I don't remember, but this also happen with another people? Someone other then Haruhi responding to what should be Kyon's narration?
Old 2009-08-21, 10:53   Link #104
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post

But, yeah, I never thought about Haruhi being able to read Kyon's mind, just he mutter to himself a lot. This episode was strange, however. It could be coincidence, but it would be odd.

I don't remember, but this also happen with another people? Someone other then Haruhi responding to what should be Kyon's narration?
I think that I read Koizumi and/or Taniguichi do it once or twice. Haruhi does it a lot in the novels, though.
Old 2009-08-21, 12:27   Link #105
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Probably not. They took the care for having Mikuru asking if it is for her pick the gun and then shoot with it. She did the same in the episode00, if it was the second shot, she wouldn't have to ask. It is really a inconsistence, even a minor one.
Hmmm, true. Can't be a perspective illusion coz the script was held to the right of the camera from Mikuru's POV here, while in Ep00 it appears at the bottom right corner (left from Mikuru's POV, meaning the script would have to be held by Kyon or at least pretty close to him).
Quote:
Another minor trivia, Mikuru's name on her waitress uniform is writen as "みくる"(hiragana). However, the name of the character she is playing is "ミクル"('mikuru' in katakana). A small error for the Great Director.
Yep, and this is also how it was (is) on Ep00.
Quote:

"2 mg of confidence" refers to Haruhi's stare (or whatever it's called) at Kyon during The Day of Sagittarius. And people answering to Kyon's thoughts and internal monologues has been pretty common in the anime too. Rewatch the 2006 version and you'll get a few examples every [other] episode.
Old 2009-08-21, 12:35   Link #106
OkamiNoKaze

Great episode, lots of great bits. liked the reverse angle shots of shooting the commercials, I also liked Haruhi singing her Can Can song. Yeah it did look like it hurt to have that contact lens jammed in there. ouch. I liked Yuki walking in with her costume on. It cut at a weird spot, but it was a better break then last episode, it felt like the ending of chapter to me. Also in the Subs I watched they used the word "Haruhiism" that was kind of cool. Mazui subs I think.
Old 2009-08-21, 12:57   Link #107
mikeabundo
mikeabundo.com

Send a message via ICQ to mikeabundo Send a message via AIM to mikeabundo Send a message via MSN to mikeabundo Send a message via Yahoo to mikeabundo
Exclamation Homicidal Kyon

Poor Kyon. Haruhi's messed up his life so badly, he's thinking of just shooting her already.

(Via Omni.)
Old 2009-08-21, 12:59   Link #108
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
Hmmm, true. Can't be a perspective illusion coz the script was held to the right of the camera from Mikuru's POV here, while in Ep00 it appears at the bottom right corner (left from Mikuru's POV, meaning the script would have to be held by Kyon or at least pretty close to him).
Yeah, it is an error, no doubt. Unless theredo the Episode00 for some reason for this season.

Quote:
Yep, and this is also how it was (is) on Ep00.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
"2 mg of confidence" refers to Haruhi's stare (or whatever it's called) at Kyon during The Day of Sagittarius. And people answering to Kyon's thoughts and internal monologues has been pretty common in the anime too. Rewatch the 2006 version and you'll get a few examples every [other] episode.
Ah, thanks (I neverwatch this episode with english subs). I know it happens a lot on 2006. But the only exemples I remember was with Haruhi, and we couldn't see his mouth. Triple_R sais it also happens with Taniguchi and Koizumi, but more with Haruhi.

Maybe is both? Kyon mutter a lot to himself and Haruhi also can ear his thoughts once a while? The evidences are too weak though. But I really don't want to believe Kyoani make so obvious mistake (not that they can't make errors, but not one that is that simple).
Old 2009-08-21, 13:05   Link #109
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeabundo View Post
Poor Kyon. Haruhi's messed up his life so badly, he's thinking of just shooting her already.

(Via Omni.)
That's how I took that shot too. Well, either that or he's aiming for her triangular prism with her SOS Brigade Commander status listed on it, symbolizing how he'd love to take her place as the guy running the Brigade.

One thing that I liked about Kyon in this episode is that he showed some real backbone at times. He was, by far, the SOS Brigade member the least cowed by Haruhi in this episode.
Old 2009-08-21, 13:10   Link #110
Akka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
That's how I took that shot too. Well, either that or he's aiming for her triangular prism with her SOS Brigade Commander status listed on it, symbolizing how he'd love to take her place as the guy running the Brigade.
I doubt Kyon ever wish to take Haruhi's place. He was probably simply dreaming of removing the "Bridage Chief" post altogether.
(in other words : "LEAVE ME ALONE YOU GENKI BITCH !" )
Quote:
One thing that I liked about Kyon in this episode is that he showed some real backbone at times. He was, by far, the SOS Brigade member the least cowed by Haruhi in this episode.
0_o

I'm afraid than answering back mildly doesn't equal "getting a backbone". He let Haruhi have her way in every case and form. He was totally meek and submissive in this ep.
Old 2009-08-21, 13:11   Link #111
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I think he was aiming the prism. The shot was pretty close.

Post Postum:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akka View Post
I doubt Kyon ever wish to take Haruhi's place. He was probably simply dreaming of removing the "Bridage Chief" post altogether.
Yeah, something like that.
Old 2009-08-21, 13:16   Link #112
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
I'm afraid than answering back mildly doesn't equal "getting a backbone". He let Haruhi have her way in every case and form. He was totally meek and submissive in this ep.
He meant comparatively speaking
Old 2009-08-21, 13:18   Link #113
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akka View Post
LOL!

Quote:

0_o

I'm afraid that answering back mildly doesn't equal "getting a backbone". He let Haruhi have her way in every case and form. He was totally meek and submissive in this ep.
Well, it's not like he can actually stop her. The rest of the SOS Brigade are, frankly, complete pushovers when it comes to Haruhi's wants. The fact that he voiced some serious objections to some of Haruhi's plans was nice to see in and of itself.

Edit: And yeah, like Proto said, I was comparatively speaking.

I will admit, though, that it's truly pathetic how he puts up with her outrageous financial penalties. There's no way I'd ever pay for the meals of five people simply because I was the person who showed up closest to on time for a scheduled meeting.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2009-08-21 at 13:19. Reason: Edit for Proto.
Old 2009-08-21, 13:27   Link #114
Dakota
disregard that (″°-°)ﺩ-

Send a message via AIM to Dakota Send a message via MSN to Dakota
Ok, now that I have watched this episode a few times, I feel useless making a post because all the good details were already brought up/ruined by you guys. Kyon with the gun is probably the most badass thing he will ever do in this series. If it isn't, don't spoil it for me, PLEASE.
Old 2009-08-21, 13:34   Link #115
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
Ok, now that I have watched this episode a few times, I feel useless making a post because all the good details were already brought up/ruined by you guys. Kyon with the gun is probably the most badass thing he will ever do in this series. If it isn't, don't spoil it for me, PLEASE.
Some people count as badass he dodging the first stab from Asakura. He wasn't paing atention (he was actually looking to another side) and she is supposly faster and stronger then he. Also he trying to fight back trowing chairs on her.
Old 2009-08-21, 13:37   Link #116
Dakota
disregard that (″°-°)ﺩ-

Quote:
Some people count as badass he dodging the first stab from Asakura. He wasn't paing atention (he was actually looking to another side) and she is supposly faster and stronger then he. Also he trying to fight back trowing chairs on her.
I'd consider that foreplay to an asswhooping. Aaaand, the gun is also fake. But I always go by "guns > knives."
Old 2009-08-21, 13:48   Link #117
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
On fight boards, that's called SMvFL (Spiderman vs. Firelord - based on a comic book fight that Spidey had no business even being in, let alone actually landing decent blows within). It's short-hand for fight performances that are simply too unbelievable to take seriously.

In reality, Kyon shouldn't have been able to dodge that attack - not if Ryoko was putting everything into it. The fact he did meant that either Ryoko was simply playing with him at first (a distinct possibility), or that it's a SMvFL moment. Either way, it's not really a bad ass moment for me.

Aiming his gun at Haruhi's prism... yeah, that's pretty bad ass. At least for him.
Old 2009-08-21, 14:15   Link #118
Semantics
Ahhh, the irony.

Well, I just thought Haruhi singing the Can-Can melody was absolute win.

And Koizumi's sudden diversification of facial expressions of course.
Old 2009-08-21, 14:26   Link #119
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Seen the ep, was somewhat bored. Will give another chance later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
I always go by "guns > knives."
"Do you want to know why I use a knife? Guns are too quick. You can't savor all the... little emotions. In... you see, in their last moments, people show you who they really are. So in a way, I know your friends better than you ever did. Would you like to know which of them were cowards?"
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-08-21, 14:50   Link #120
Dakota
disregard that (″°-°)ﺩ-

^ Shut up. You're a witch, not a joker.