Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-09-22, 17:52   Link #61
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
LOl, looking at that suit I'd hate to get the electricity bill for that
It's actually battery powered and reports say one charge will last for upto ~3 hours of constant usage.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 18:14   Link #62
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
It's actually battery powered and reports say one charge will last for upto ~3 hours of constant usage.
The suit kinda reminds me of those cargo loaders they had in the Alien movies, so apart from a military use there might also be a commercial one, although the current loadtrucks are quite apable of handling that task. One major advantage a current model would have is the eaey of operating it, you can ride a baby like that even when completely druk, compared to a load truck which requies a bit more concetration.

But this technology might be usefull in space, enhanced strengt could come in handy there when doing outside repairs. Just some random thoughts...

Last edited by 7thMethuselah; 2004-09-22 at 18:15. Reason: typo hunting
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 19:09   Link #63
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
The suit kinda reminds me of those cargo loaders they had in the Alien movies, so apart from a military use there might also be a commercial one, although the current loadtrucks are quite apable of handling that task. One major advantage a current model would have is the eaey of operating it, you can ride a baby like that even when completely druk, compared to a load truck which requies a bit more concetration.

But this technology might be usefull in space, enhanced strengt could come in handy there when doing outside repairs. Just some random thoughts...
This uses airbags, I'd imagine a industrial model used for cargo loading and such would use phnuematics or hydrolics which would allow for the lifting of even greater weights.
Old 2004-09-22, 21:11   Link #64
Yuiichi
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
This uses airbags, I'd imagine a industrial model used for cargo loading and such would use phnuematics or hydrolics which would allow for the lifting of even greater weights.
Yeah, i see a purpose for that... but the thing is, all the wiring is exposed. If they were to have panels on the back covering all the guts.. it would be so much cooler.

It would make a lot of sense to use a thing like that in a loading dock or a construction. If they were to make a model that could also have extending arms, that would be even better. That would get rid of a lot of polution caused by work machines.

The only other problem i have with it is the battery. It only has 3 hours of life... thats just like my laptop. Its good for what it does, but it would be so much better if we developed a newer, more effecient battery.
Yuiichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 21:48   Link #65
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuiichi
Yeah, i see a purpose for that... but the thing is, all the wiring is exposed. If they were to have panels on the back covering all the guts.. it would be so much cooler.
There's no point making the casing and coverings for it while it's still in developement. Also, since it is designed primarily for hospital use, the wires and equipment can't be seen by the patient (supposedly). >.>

Quote:
The only other problem i have with it is the battery. It only has 3 hours of life... thats just like my laptop. Its good for what it does, but it would be so much better if we developed a newer, more effecient battery.
Unfortunately that's a completely different field and technology but when one considers the power consumption of all the motors, pumps, valves and computers on it your laptop's power consumption is but a drop in the bucket.
Old 2004-09-23, 02:55   Link #66
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Wow, is that a prototype? Looking at that picture, it's like looking at the first generation automobile steam powered, it's so messy with all the cables. But, it's really cool someone actually make one that works. ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote