AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-27, 12:26   Link #1701
Sumeragi
Banned

Too modern, so irrelevant.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 12:29   Link #1702
Kamui04

We have two new tanks, Tiger (P) and B1 bis and two hinted teams from the OP, Sodoko x3 and the three girls with an aardvark drawing on the blackboard to fill those. But from the numbering we have a missing No. 7 tank and no hinted team for it, so it still remains a mystery.
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 12:39   Link #1703
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui04 View Post
We have two new tanks, Tiger (P) and B1 bis and two hinted teams from the OP, Sodoko x3 and the three girls with an aardvark drawing on the blackboard to fill those. But from the numbering we have a missing No. 7 tank and no hinted team for it, so it still remains a mystery.
About that...just recently someone from myanimelist pointed this out. Not sure if it a hint..

(See a lion avatar on the board??)

It seems OP is getting more and more interesting to watch. Oh, just how many hints they put in it.

Images
What we found so far
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Marina2; 2012-11-27 at 12:50.
Marina2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 12:52   Link #1704
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

*raises glass*

Here is hoping the Type 89 would actually score a single kill...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 13:14   Link #1705
whitecloud

How could they...? T34, tiger...you're joking right....

Theyre just better install a new engine so they could run faster and some additional armor...they would make a good bait, spotter, scout
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 13:21   Link #1706
Kamui04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
(See a lion avatar on the board??)
They seem to be the Vehicles Club mentioned in both anime and manga. But anyways there's nothing against them joining as a Panzer team, we'll see eventually
Old 2012-11-27, 13:56   Link #1707
LeoXiao
思想工作

This episode was boring save for the fact that they find new tanks. I guess they'll need that Tiger P to face the IS2 next episode.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 14:49   Link #1708
4Tran

Episode 7

That was a fun episode. Mako's grandmother is pretty entertaining, and the exposition is nicely nestled into the show. As expected, the Anzio battle was just a joke - there's no need to waste good tank ideas on that. The upgrades will make the Pravda fight all that more intriguing. It's too bad the Tiger isn't a Panther instead. A Pershing would have been a good choice as well.

The flashback of Miho's fight against Pravda explains what happened leading up to her transferring to Ooarai. It also tells us what a poor tactical move she made. You never move into tight terrain like that unless you're certain that there are no enemies in the vicinity. If they're there, then they will pick your entire force off while you're unable to respond or even to retreat properly. Miho should have sent a Pz. III ahead of the main group, and only have followed up when the path was clear. On the other hand, her rescue of the submerged Pz. III is commendable - any other action is unconscionable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
GuP still enjoyable and fun, just don't take it too seriously and concentrate more on the G side
Even so, they still talk about tanks in almost every scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulik View Post
Would make things very intresing, if this tank has an engine problem in the middel of fight with Pravda or Black Forest.
I think that would breaking down is one of the reason the Tiger is in the show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Finally, the reason why Black Forest lost the last tournament is revealed. Miho chose to save lives instead of winning - Yukari is right, Miho did the right thing. I do wonder why the Black Forest tank, the one that Miho abandoned, apparently stopped fighting the russians when Miho got out of it.
That Tiger I was in a really bad spot without Miho to command it. They have the choice of either advancing or stopping where they were, and without a commander to give orders and no one to peek out of the cupola, it's hard to know quite what to do. There's also the question of not being able to back up, and whether to leave Miho behind. It's also possible that the tank crew was trained to be low initiative and thus rely on the commander for all decisions.

Quote:
So two more tanks for Oorai, and the one in the shadows seems to be a strong one. Well, they probably need more tanks anyway because Pravda school looks tough.
A Porsche Tiger is a bit of a mixed bag. It has a big gun like a Tiger I and it has lots of armor, but it also broke down constantly. The original Henschel Tiger I had lots of teething problems to begin with, and the Porsche version was much worse.

Quote:
And lastly, italian team easily defeated. Are the italians outgunned, or was it because of Miho's superior tactics? I hope we at least get a little more info on how that match went in the next episode.
We probably won't get much about that fight because it's meant to be a joke. Anzio fielded a tankette for crying out loud, and their tanks are pretty darned bad. This is the one fight where the Type 89 might have even offensively contributed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
P.S : is Leo 2 tank good?
Arguably, the modern Leopard 2 variants are the best tanks in the world right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Theyre just better install a new engine so they could run faster and some additional armor...they would make a good bait, spotter, scout
They'd have to rebuild the gearbox, transmission and suspension as well. It'd also be against the tournament rules.
Old 2012-11-27, 15:01   Link #1709
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Arguably, the modern Leopard 2 variants are the best tanks in the world right now.
And the only tanks to come with a manufacturer's warranty!!

Grr...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-11-27, 15:29   Link #1710
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
...The flashback of Miho's fight against Pravda explains what happened leading up to her transferring to Ooarai. It also tells us what a poor tactical move she made. You never move into tight terrain like that unless you're certain that there are no enemies in the vicinity. If they're there, then they will pick your entire force off while you're unable to respond or even to retreat properly. Miho should have sent a Pz. III ahead of the main group, and only have followed up when the path was clear. On the other hand, her rescue of the submerged Pz. III is commendable - any other action is unconscionable....
Was the bad tactical move Miho's or Maho's? I think the older sister was in charge, and Miho not in a position to decide who goes ahead (maybe she was sent ahead).

As for the rescue, I agree that in that kind of competition, with actual death possible, her rescue was the only thing to do. But in a real battle, wouldn't her mother and sister have been right? By stopping there, she aborted whatever their tactics were and blocked the tanks behind her, making them all sitting ducks.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 16:19   Link #1711
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
And the only tanks to come with a manufacturer's warranty!!

Grr...

- Tak
Why buy new? The Netherlands is all but giving them away and I bet that you can get them cheap from Germany as well. They're the best deals in the world of tanks right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Was the bad tactical move Miho's or Maho's? I think the older sister was in charge, and Miho not in a position to decide who goes ahead (maybe she was sent ahead).
I'd blame Miho. Even if Maho gave the overall order to advance along the river, Miho still had the authority to decide how to advance. The route might be just a map feature for Maho, but someone who can see the terrain would know just what a bad idea is. Scrubbing the advance altogether isn't a bad idea, but even just sending a scout would have done wonders.

Quote:
As for the rescue, I agree that in that kind of competition, with actual death possible, her rescue was the only thing to do. But in a real battle, wouldn't her mother and sister have been right? By stopping there, she aborted whatever their tactics were and blocked the tanks behind her, making them all sitting ducks.
Kay already pointed out the difference between a real war and what they're doing . In the actual fight, Miho's Tiger I was the flag tank so it didn't matter what happens to any of the tanks behind her after it's knocked out. Tactics aren't very useful anyways once you're ambushed like that because you don't have any tactical options any more. Either advance into enemy guns and die, or stay where you are and die. I didn't point it out earlier, but it's even possible that Miho's crew couldn't even see the Soviet tanks.

In a real battle, death is an ever-present threat, so the consequence of having someone die is greatly reduced. Miho would have been hit with either a charge of dereliction of duty or cowardice in the face of the enemy.

Miho's action reminds me a lot of the Olympic sailor who abandoned his race when a competitor's boat capsized. By performing the rescue, he lost his chance at a medal doing that too.
Old 2012-11-27, 16:45   Link #1712
Kamui04

Quote:

It this worlds context and senshadou's ideals it doesn't look like they're training for real war. Like Kay in the previous episode said this isn't war, it's Senshadou, as in it is a competition. There are rules and safety measures in place, although there's always the risk that something goes wrong when you deal with tons of steel, big guns and gunpowder. But that doesn't justify abandoning people in danger. And in so Shiho's "ideals" towards senshadou reminds me of instructor Kreese in the old Karate Kid movie.

If you're in a football game, one player gets injured, do everybody simply ignore him and continue as if nothing happened and look at him like a fricking loser?
Old 2012-11-27, 17:13   Link #1713
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I'd blame Miho. Even if Maho gave the overall order to advance along the river, Miho still had the authority to decide how to advance. The route might be just a map feature for Maho, but someone who can see the terrain would know just what a bad idea is. Scrubbing the advance altogether isn't a bad idea, but even just sending a scout would have done wonders.
We don't know how much leeway Miho had. She may have been given direct orders to advance along the ridge right at the entrance of it. Or Maho may have been there with her, for that matter.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 18:13   Link #1714
zergdramon
Proud to be Here

Quote:
A Porsche Tiger is a bit of a mixed bag. It has a big gun like a Tiger I and it has lots of armor, but it also broke down constantly. The original Henschel Tiger I had lots of teething problems to begin with, and the Porsche version was much worse.
Porsche Tiger is heavier than the Tiger 1 because of its 200mm frontal armor while Tiger 1 only has 100mm of frontal armor. No wonder Tiger 1 was knocked out by Pravda. In comparison with the Porsche Tiger and Tiger 1. Both heavies mount the 8.8 cm KwK 36 L/56. Because of Porsche Tiger's thicker frontal armor, it is heavier and slower than the Tiger 1. Yes, the Tiger 1 has poor sight for the gunner that is why a commander is needed to direct the target location. Also for the driver, it only see up to estimated 200m in front of the tank. That is the main reason that only experienced tankers are allowed to take command of Tiger Tanks. RIP Michael Wittmann.
zergdramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 18:29   Link #1715
Tak

Michael Wittmann gets a lot of credit, and he absolutely deserve them. But let us remember other Panzer aces, such as one Otto Carius (more than 150 tank kills to his credit) survived the war and operates a pharmacy until this day...

http://www.tiger-apotheke.de/

- Tak

Old 2012-11-27, 19:09   Link #1716
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
We don't know how much leeway Miho had. She may have been given direct orders to advance along the ridge right at the entrance of it. Or Maho may have been there with her, for that matter.
I don't think that Maho was with Miho during the flashback. Under most circumstances, you'd never want to advance with the flag tank as one of the first few tanks or as the last tank in a column. Ideally, it'd be the second to last vehicle as we saw with the 2x Pz. III and 1x Tiger I group.

Anyways, the only way that Miho get exonerated is if she suggested that a Pz. III be sent to scout, and Maho both refused and was on the scene at the time. Junior commanders are expected to show some initiative and sense of judgment. The failure to scout ahead really indicates the lack of the latter.

I also have to commend Pravda here: their ambush demonstrates an excellent assessment of the terrain and very good tactical sense. They deserve to be the champions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zergdramon View Post
Porsche Tiger is heavier than the Tiger 1 because of its 200mm frontal armor while Tiger 1 only has 100mm of frontal armor. No wonder Tiger 1 was knocked out by Pravda. In comparison with the Porsche Tiger and Tiger 1. Both heavies mount the 8.8 cm KwK 36 L/56. Because of Porsche Tiger's thicker frontal armor, it is heavier and slower than the Tiger 1. Yes, the Tiger 1 has poor sight for the gunner that is why a commander is needed to direct the target location. Also for the driver, it only see up to estimated 200m in front of the tank. That is the main reason that only experienced tankers are allowed to take command of Tiger Tanks. RIP Michael Wittmann.
The orignal Porsche Tiger prototype just had 100mm hull armor. The additional armor is only present on the single one that was used in combat (and of course the Elefant). We'll have to see what version Ooarai managed to uncover. Both versions will have the same turret as the Tiger I though.
Old 2012-11-27, 20:22   Link #1717
Zaku_II
1st Scouting Group

LOL about Yukari less than pleased for being named Montgomery, and her smiling whenn named Guderian
Zaku_II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 20:24   Link #1718
Midonin
Last Engage

I keep thinking Guderian is some sort of 70s super robot. Then I remind myself that's Gordian.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 20:28   Link #1719
Zaku_II
1st Scouting Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I keep thinking Guderian is some sort of 70s super robot. Then I remind myself that's Gordian.
Well, he had the nickname of "Der schnelle Heinz" (Fast Heinz)
Zaku_II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 20:49   Link #1720
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku_II View Post
LOL about Yukari less than pleased for being named Montgomery, and her smiling whenn named Guderian
It sort of makes sense as Guderian is a lot more associated with tanks. However, Montgomery is a better field officer in most respects.

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks