AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-01-27, 08:32   Link #19661
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I don't know about that, since in Canon there's no indication about the limitation of one-off ability besides it's activation (I look at you Houki )

On the other hand, in my verse there's strict limitation. For example, Reiryaku Byakuya has 1 minute overheating time, and 5 minute cool-down. And during it's activation Ichika is susceptible to physical attack.

Kenran Butou can only works once each 10 minute, and only used to refill one unit. Houki can turn her own barrier and using her floating shield drones to absorb energy attack, but like above she's vulnerable to physical strike.

In case of Azure breaker, the new ability allows Cecilia to see everything around, except one blind spot in the back of head. Allowing her to shoot any target in any position using Full burst and Flexible. The catch is that as usual the unit has to be immobilized, leaving her open for attack. (no points for whoever guessed what's the inspiration)
Old 2012-01-27, 08:47   Link #19662
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: You may want to reword the concept zero. IS already have the ability to "see" all around, even in that blindspot behind the neck/head. It's just that the human mind isn't naturally able to handle that kind of scope since people only have eyes that see the front :|
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 08:49   Link #19663
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Do you think their pilot suits have any damage protection properties?
Old 2012-01-27, 08:50   Link #19664
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
Once again, my fanon has different take on it. For an I.S. pilot to see behind, she has to ditch her front side, to see upward, the pilot has tho ditch downward view.

Why I did this? because frankly Rin has no reason to panic as Ichika circled her and suddenly attack from behind, if she was ready and able to spot him all along via 360 degrees vision, she wouldn't be panic.

Because Impact cannon can shoot at all direction, all she need is to shoot backward.

Why? Because as canon states whatever delivered by the I.S. must be processed by human brain first. This is the true reason of Synchronization testing. The one with higher rank means it's easier to process the information for them.

@ Eras

For the Nth time I said I.S. outfit is able to hold light bullets.
Old 2012-01-27, 08:53   Link #19665
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: That's what I meant. They already have access to upgraded byakugan vision but the human mind is only able to process/focus on a limited angle of vision. This means if you're looking forward, then you can't see the back because you're focusing on the front image, everything else becomes peripheral which is mostly ignored by the human mind.

In this case, it just means your version of Cecilia isn't really gaining the vision, just the focus to make full use of it. That's what I meant about rewording.
Old 2012-01-27, 08:55   Link #19666
Eratas123

I know that I dunno what counts light bullets, though
Old 2012-01-27, 08:55   Link #19667
HasuMasu
*Artist

Definitely not a .45.

So maybe 9mm.
Old 2012-01-27, 08:56   Link #19668
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
Yeah thanks, my mind is messed up right now. So my answer might actually redundant or missed the point completely.

@ Eras
22 LR, 9mm, 38 special, 7.62mm Makarov, there's more but they're old and rarely used.
Old 2012-01-27, 08:57   Link #19669
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@tyranid: .45 still counts as small arms. 30mm grenade launchers and above are arguably listed as big guns along with rocket launcher and bazookas. Ofcourse energy weapons is a whole 'nother can of worms. Also Sabots are probably something you might want to avoid, despite being shotgun rounds...

@zero: what would be insane is if she gains the vision of the BT units and she can actually manage all that information
Old 2012-01-27, 09:01   Link #19670
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Alternative interpretation of Canon:
Note that Yamada-sensei only specifically said it can withstand light caliber bullets.

I think because lacks of backing plates, there's limited amount of force can be held before it can cause injury inside. Rifle, Armor-piercing, and magnum bullets might actually pierce them somehow.

Otherwise, I.S. outfit are plain magic fabric.
Old 2012-01-27, 09:03   Link #19671
Eratas123

So like the Butei shirts from Hidan no Aria? Also, I'm guessing a knife counts as a light bullet.
Old 2012-01-27, 09:06   Link #19672
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras
In real life, kevlar does NOT protect you from knife.

But since this is fiction, we can safely say they can hold a knife outside (though the wearers still receive partial amount of the impact damage). I use this idea as well in Sacred Twins.

@ Demi

I might have to put some other limitation, I don't want Cecilia to channel Jesus Mc. Beamspam.
Old 2012-01-27, 09:08   Link #19673
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Useless gun information: (for those more knowledgable please correct)

Most large bullets can't pierce armor because they are flat or ball tipped. They have a ton of stopping power and can blow through flesh but that's mostly the gun working. Certain bullets are nasty(specifically the soft tips) because they flatten on impact and enlarge the wound.

Armor piercing rounds are usually for rifles which are smaller or are particularly sharp tipped. They have less stopping power but more piercing power. So the impact may not make someone fall but the resulting wound will.

The stopping power would mean if you have armor, it may not go through but it feels like being punched by a boxer. I think
Old 2012-01-27, 09:09   Link #19674
Eratas123

I need an excuse for Irish to not go after Ichika's unarmored legs during their fight If the cloth stops most of the impact, then that's a viable reason.
Old 2012-01-27, 09:16   Link #19675
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I stand corrected about Demi's explanation about bullets, again the lack of backing plate is absolutely dangerous because a flexible fabric has not enough rigidity to hold the kinetic energy outside, at least by theory.

And Eras, there's some unprotected spaces between Ichika's upper arm and elbow. Ichika's metal vest also doesn't cover the upper stomach, leaving I.S. outfit to do the job.
Old 2012-01-27, 09:18   Link #19676
Eratas123

I lean more on using the environment to his advantage during the fight. Steam from a pipe will be blocked by the IS shields, right?
Old 2012-01-27, 09:19   Link #19677
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Ayup, it will.
Old 2012-01-27, 09:20   Link #19678
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
So like the Butei shirts from Hidan no Aria? Also, I'm guessing a knife counts as a light bullet.
No way, those uniforms are on another level being able to take UZI rounds to some extent.
Old 2012-01-27, 09:24   Link #19679
Eratas123

@ Senpai - But would it at least distract him for a while?

@ Box - I meant in the way they work The damage is nullified a bit, but the kinetic force is still there so it feels like you got punched.
Old 2012-01-27, 09:24   Link #19680
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ box
Well, Uzi are loaded with 9mm Para after all. On the other hand, the rapidity will cause a lot of bruise.

@ Eras
yes, they will. Remember Autumn vs Tatenashi, Tatenashi use mist, but the effect is largely the same.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest