AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-19, 01:31   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Feel free to discuss any music related subjects for Valvrave the Liberator here (OP/ED & OST, etc.). As the usual rule, NO POSTING LINKS TO MP3s OR ASKING FOR THEM. You may buy them at the usual place such as cdjapan and what not, but DO NOT ask for or post links to any music downloads. This includes, but isn't limited to:
  • any RAR, ZIP, 7-ZIP archive
  • Torrents
  • The names of other BT sites that list music torrents
  • Direct downloads

This also includes links to YouTube videos NOT uploaded by the original artist.
Old 2013-05-20, 04:31   Link #2
duckroll
綺羅星★!

New ED this week! Who's excited?! Elisa has a lot to live up to, after 5 weeks of Angela. ^^;;
Old 2013-05-20, 07:10   Link #3
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
New ED this week! Who's excited?! Elisa has a lot to live up to, after 5 weeks of Angela. ^^;;
I AM!!

And Preserved Roses already reached 100K in sales!!
Old 2013-05-20, 08:42   Link #4
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Yeah looks like the first week total for Preserved Roses is 110k.
Old 2013-05-20, 08:46   Link #5
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
*raises hand*

Honestly, I have nothing to worry about Elisa living up to Angela's work. I realise I'm speaking from bias here but still :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_kisara View Post
And Preserved Roses already reached 100K in sales!!
Such numbers were expected when you create such an alliance. At least now we know that all the people who were sacrificed to appease the gods didn't die in vain.
Old 2013-05-20, 10:10   Link #6
shadow1296

i'm a little in the insert song that plays in episode 6 "Can you Save My Heart?", has there been anymore news about it like if its saki's character song or if its just one of those time where its sunrise doing what they do best having great insert songs for epic moments
Old 2013-05-20, 10:31   Link #7
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
i'm a little in the insert song that plays in episode 6 "Can you Save My Heart?", has there been anymore news about it like if its saki's character song or if its just one of those time where its sunrise doing what they do best having great insert songs for epic moments
Can You Save My Heart is sung by Momoko Kanade, not Haruka Tomatsu. So no, it's not a Saki character song. Haruka Tomatsu actually sang Good Luck For You in ep5.
Old 2013-05-20, 11:53   Link #8
Nvis
Where are the good animes

New ED? What's wrong with the first one ???!!!
Old 2013-05-20, 13:25   Link #9
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Indeed, it seems kind of quick to replace it. I read a few comments of dislike for Angela, but I like their style. I first heard their songs in Sokyuu no Fafner and really liked them. They're distinct (at least, Atsuko's voice seems to be) and give me fond memories of mecha series, so it was nice to have that in Valvrave as well.
Old 2013-05-20, 14:05   Link #10
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Seeing how music-happy this Anime is, I guess they want to make and sell as much music merchandise as they can :P
Hope they released ep6 insert song soon...
Old 2013-05-20, 14:24   Link #11
Folenfant
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
When Saki was flying her Carmilla around a bit before the credits the music playing was an orchestral version of the song she sang for the propaganda video so if anything is her theme music it's probably that.
Old 2013-05-20, 14:29   Link #12
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
Indeed, it seems kind of quick to replace it. I read a few comments of dislike for Angela, but I like their style. I first heard their songs in Sokyuu no Fafner and really liked them. They're distinct (at least, Atsuko's voice seems to be) and give me fond memories of mecha series, so it was nice to have that in Valvrave as well.
Sunrise is known for their evolving openings and credits and they tend to change the ED a little more than the OP. They usually change the credits song to reflect the shift in the story (so expect some shifts in tone and/or plot this week! )

Also, this isn't really that quick since we are half way through the first season. I know it doesn't feel like it, since it's been all going pretty fast, but yeah, we're actually already half done with season 1.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-05-21, 20:53   Link #13
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

I liked the insert song too. Hopefully there's a longer version of it.
Old 2013-05-21, 21:15   Link #14
Folenfant
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Sunrise is known for their evolving openings and credits and they tend to change the ED a little more than the OP. They usually change the credits song to reflect the shift in the story (so expect some shifts in tone and/or plot this week! )

Also, this isn't really that quick since we are half way through the first season. I know it doesn't feel like it, since it's been all going pretty fast, but yeah, we're actually already half done with season 1.
Tell me about it. Also because of the way they usually love doing segue style endings (this show does it too, Madhouse also seems fond of them) it can sometimes be argued that many of their shows actually have as many different overall ending sequences as they do episodes. The Zegapain Blu-Rays I have reflect this in that there's 26 different creditless versions of the ending. The opening sequence also changes 7 different times throughout the course of the shows run to as you say reflect changes in the course and tone of the story.

Openings and Endings seem very important to Sunrise in general compared to most studios I've found over the years. They always seem to find very good artists and IMO above average and/or unusual songs to be used for their intros and outros and the sequences themselves are usually quite memorable and stand out for me. They take it very seriously , possibly because of their old school approach to anime production, but also because they probably know it's a good way to win favor with sponsors and partners by bringing in a little extra revenue. Some people probably would think of it as a cynical cash grab by trying to work in as many popular songs and artists into the fabric of the anime as possible, but I personally appreciate the extra effort in music production and feel it gives their works a massive edge.
Old 2013-05-22, 08:28   Link #15
zztop

Just started watching Valvrave. It's nuttier than jarful of assorted nuts, but damn is the OP good! I can see why Preserved Roses is #2 on the Japanese charts!!

Do you think Sunrise will likely use Preserved Roses for Valvrave Season 2? It's too good not to be used.
Old 2013-05-22, 23:25   Link #16
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Just started watching Valvrave. It's nuttier than jarful of assorted nuts, but damn is the OP good! I can see why Preserved Roses is #2 on the Japanese charts!!

Do you think Sunrise will likely use Preserved Roses for Valvrave Season 2? It's too good not to be used.
Sorry, it's good but I doubt it. As said above, Sunrise likes evolving OPs so they'll probably have another one.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-05-23, 11:03   Link #17
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Sorry, it's good but I doubt it. As said above, Sunrise likes evolving OPs so they'll probably have another one.
Is that so? That'll be a pity.

I still remember when Sunrise animated InuYasha and its sequel. Ah, the OPs and ED music were amazing, especially Ayumi Hamasaki, BOA and Do As Infinity!! The OST composed for the series was amazing too!

Pardon the old memories. InuYasha was the show that got me started on anime after all.
Old 2013-05-23, 21:01   Link #18
Nvis
Where are the good animes

New ED's okay, but starts off slow bfe getting to the good parts.
Old 2013-05-24, 00:11   Link #19
Irenesharda

I have to say I really like the new ED, it's just as good as the last one and reminds me a lot of the first ED to Code Geass.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-05-24, 04:24   Link #20
zzeroparticle
NEET

Send a message via AIM to zzeroparticle
Ooof, looks like I'm the only one around here who's not overly fond of the OP. The song comes across as being a bit generic and never quite showcases Nana Mizuki or TM Revolution so well that it lives up to the high billing. The ED with ELISA is a bit better, but the intro... well, not too sure about its ability to function all that well.

For me, the lone bright spot for this anime, musically at least, is Akira Senju's score. That man sure knows how to compose dramatic fare though I'll be curious if his music works well standalone. The last OST of his I listened to was FMA: Brotherhood and I was... less than enthralled with what I heard.
Closed Thread