AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-01-06, 00:00   Link #41
Shiemi
Counting days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare213
Then I suppose I could try out another Fantasy novel than Harry Potter.

Should I send you my e-mail address via PM?

Also, did you hear about a book titled 'Eragon?' The book was written and published when the author was 17. It's also been rumored to have a live-action adaptation.
Eep! Now I feel really bad. I write horrible, bad, disgusting Harry Potter fanfiction.

I've considered writing gundam fics, but can't bring myself to it. Plus I'm a failure as a writer anyway.

Frank Parsons
Shiemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 00:33   Link #42
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Harry Potter FANFICTION? Burn. Burn in HELL. >.<

Knightmare...check mail, sent chapter 3 ^_^
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 01:00   Link #43
Shiemi
Counting days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
Well, it's not like I take it seriously. Even in my profile I stated that it's just a hobby, of course, a hobby to torture and maim characters.

Still can't write gundam fics. Can't write much about mecha and stuff plus if I ever intended to, GSD was a complete turn off in many ways...

Prefer Fantasy and Adventure.

What do you write about? Curious.

Frank Parsons
Old 2006-01-06, 01:11   Link #44
Knightmare213

Quote:

Knightmare...check mail, sent chapter 3 ^_^
Got it! Thanks. This should entertain me for at least five to ten minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiemi
Still can't write gundam fics. Can't write much about mecha and stuff plus if I ever intended to, GSD was a complete turn off in many ways...

Prefer Fantasy and Adventure.

What do you write about? Curious.
Not all of the Gundam fanfictions involve mecha and technical things. Even though mine may be technical (and I have no doubt that it will be more technical later on), you should check out the Gundam fanfiction section in the FF.Net.

Most of them, or at least half of them, are love stories that involves parings of Kira x Lacus or Flay, Athrun x Cagalli and even Kira x Athrun stories (which I will never read).

Also, I'm planning some Sci-fi/Fantasy novels to write as well. I have ideas (one of them based on Harry Potter-verse). Hopefully, I'll start on those whenever I finish my first fanfiction on my sig.
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 01:26   Link #45
Shiemi
Counting days

Quote:
Not all of the Gundam fanfictions involve mecha and technical things. Even though mine may be technical (and I have no doubt that it will be more technical later on), you should check out the Gundam fanfiction section in the FF.Net.

Most of them, or at least half of them, are love stories that involves parings of Kira x Lacus or Flay, Athrun x Cagalli and even Kira x Athrun stories (which I will never read).

Also, I'm planning some Sci-fi/Fantasy novels to write as well. I have ideas (one of them based on Harry Potter-verse). Hopefully, I'll start on those whenever I finish my first fanfiction on my sig.
LOL I always thought I needed mecha knowledge. Problem is I would prefer having mecha knowledge anyway. I can actually write sappy romance. Done it before, but I don't like writing it much. I prefer writing magical battles with magical creatures and dramatic effect, but no one reads that. I must be weird. But it's true that the fandom prefers sappy romance with either angst or humor. My most reviewed fic is a complete evidence of that... The last chapter posted produced 20 reviews and I almost had a heart attack, while my Adventure fic produces like 2 reviews per chap.

Maybe I can go for sappy Athrun/Cagalli One-shots and then I'll shoot myself for writing those.

Edit: I'm gonna check out your fic as soon as I have some free time. Will save it in Story Alert.

Frank Parsons
Old 2006-01-06, 03:05   Link #46
Alexis
Serpent Holder

Quote:
Now I'd hate to be the bad person here, but I should point out that most yaoi fics that include romance between Athrun and Kira, are Athrun x Kira and quite rarely the other way around. The point being that the one 'topping' is written first and the 'bottom' is second. I'd bet though that you couldn't care less anyway.
Old 2006-01-06, 05:29   Link #47
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

GW fanfic but they know how to write......yeah,I swear it's true:Sainan no Kekka.
excellent, no yaoi and almost no romance,there's a god somewhere in this world.
http://www.midnightrevolution.org/gundam/index2.html
Warning : post GW-fic not post-EW.
Old 2006-01-06, 09:09   Link #48
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Respect Between Enemies: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2712528/1/
It is a perimeter fic, where the protagonists are OCs and the CCs are whispers in the wind (or in this case, figures hidden by their Mobile Weapons). There is not a lot of action, but when there is it is good. It seems mainly romance, but a... mature kind based on mutual understanding, not the sappy stuff that most fics seem to have.

Bah, explanations are no good. Read it yourself and enjoy.
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 11:52   Link #49
Demongod86

What do I write about? My OWN world. In fact, I engrished my name and called it Iryah. I draw ideas from everywhere, such as making a Jewish cleric highly reminiscent of Lacus Clyne (based on my joke that Lacus Clyne is a Jew.)
Old 2006-01-06, 15:27   Link #50
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

Quote:
What do I write about? My OWN world. In fact, I engrished my name and called it Iryah. I draw ideas from everywhere, such as making a Jewish cleric highly reminiscent of Lacus Clyne (based on my joke that Lacus Clyne is a Jew.)
cleric;lacus clyne,jew,
Beware,you're starting to interest me demongod.

More on topic,Respect between enemies looks very intresting.I am happy it's so difficult to find good seed fanfic.Thanks for the link WO
Old 2006-01-06, 15:32   Link #51
Demongod86

Here's the analogy:

Patoricku Zara makes loud, moving, booming speeches. He believes the coordinators are the MASTER RACE. And he believes that he should wipe out half of the human race in order to make the world a better place for his master race.

Sound like some other dictator we know? coughsADOLFHITLERcoughs

And who was our evil dictator most notorious for hating? Jews. Why? Because Jews always ruined his evil plans. Just like Lacus always gave the big F U to CE's version of Hitler. Geez, why do you think Siegel was murdered? For being just a moderate? Nah. Patrick was a diehard anti-semetic, and Siegel and Lacus were Jewish.

That's why Kira's so godly...because there is no better companion than a sweet, pretty, soft-voiced Jewish girl ^_^.

Of course, I'm not all that religious myself, but Hitler went after my people, and those terrorists are going after my people in Israel, so I'm a Jew, and declaring it loudly.

Jewish pride FTW.
Old 2006-01-06, 16:00   Link #52
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Any sort of racial pride is stupid and leads to further strife. You should be above things like that.

And since both of them are Coordinators and are never seen practicing any Jewish traditions, how could they be Jewish genetically or spiritually? ^^

(I know you're joking, that just haid to be said ^^)
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 16:38   Link #53
Demongod86

Actually I'm only half-joking. Clyne, Klein...I am REALLY thinking Jewish from Lacus, but since religion plays no part in the CE universe, I can't be certain. Siegel I am definitely thinking is Jewish.
Old 2006-01-06, 16:55   Link #54
srb
I can see time itself!

Why? Klein is not an inherently Jewish name, it's a Germanic name (if we're basing "Clyne" on it), and since Siegel is from the Kingdom of Scandinavia that could very well be the reason - Norway and Sweden are North Germanic/Scandic.

And this is perfectly on topic, since we're discussing possible names for a story and the reasons as to why they are how they are... yes.
Old 2006-01-06, 19:56   Link #55
Demongod86

Well, yes, Klein is a germanic name, but it is predominantly Jewish. Hence I have a cleric in my story by the name of Katya Epstein who I got the idea from Lacus--and if I'd have to draw her, I'd just photoshop Lacus's hair to teal. And then there's her daughter Svyeta, who's essentially her clone.

Though they are DEFINITELY not main characters (!!!). But now, there WILL be Svyeta dust (since magic is actually PRESENT in my story). And it will DO something! (Not sure if I want to draw inspiration from escaflowne too...medieval versions of Freedom and Justice...hmmm...now how would THOSE look...oohhh...ideas, ideas!)

Edit to whoever gave me the cookie: well, we DO see mommy cleric in a flashback in the third chapter of my book...but we won't see Svyeta till the 20s (and it will have about 30 chapters...)

Hmmm...time to go thesaurus.com for a few tools...
Old 2006-01-06, 20:18   Link #56
srb
I can see time itself!

We'll continue this in PM, let's not clog up the thread any more with this.
Old 2006-01-06, 21:46   Link #57
Shiemi
Counting days

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura
It is a perimeter fic, where the protagonists are OCs and the CCs are whispers in the wind (or in this case, figures hidden by their Mobile Weapons). There is not a lot of action, but when there is it is good. It seems mainly romance, but a... mature kind based on mutual understanding, not the sappy stuff that most fics seem to have.

Putting this fic also on alert. Just don't know when the hell I'll start reading so many fics. I've been trying to handle too much between my strange hobbies and taking care of my two toddlers, plus I recently started beta-reading for someone even though Engl. is not my first language.

BTW, for some reason I never saw a thread like this one in the forums before the crash...

Frank Parsons
Old 2006-01-07, 01:07   Link #58
Demongod86

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura

Tried reading it. Cardinal rule of fanfiction: don't fucking change the story. Don't insert conversations that did not happen, do not insert events that did not happen. It violated that rule. Fuck it. Bad fic. Too much military lingo anyway. Seems like a "seen it once too many times" story also...those lost military people that have to survive now ala AsuCaga GS24. Sorry, one ep is enough for me.

Skimmed thru first 3 chapters, found a cardinal rule violated, said GFG to the fic.

Edit: WO, I'm highly regarding giving you a negative rep for your terrible judgment. As I said, 99.99% of fanfiction is shit. The only good fanfiction I have read is on SoulCalibur 2, which has virtually NO story and all the possible wiggle room you could want, or Warcraft fanfiction, which only ONE author can actually pull off with skill. (Oh, and skill it is!)
Old 2006-01-07, 01:09   Link #59
nightbringer360

Quote:
If you've come here looking for pity, I give you none. 99.99% of fanfiction is trash, and you can't make money off of it either in America.

Write something original, that is, only if you know how to write...and believe me, even if you think you know, you don't.
Eh? You mean me?

I don't care about pity, I just want someone to read it and tell me what they think.

And as far as being original, what I'm writing is my own AU - it has nothing to do with canon Gundam except sharing the name and mobile suits. There may be veiled references to Turn A here and there, but that's it.
nightbringer360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 01:33   Link #60
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusIrae
cleric;lacus clyne,jew,
Beware,you're starting to interest me demongod.

More on topic,Respect between enemies looks very intresting.I am happy it's so difficult to find good seed fanfic.Thanks for the link WO
Thanks man.

Quote:
Tried reading it. Cardinal rule of fanfiction: don't fucking change the story. Don't insert conversations that did not happen, do not insert events that did not happen. It violated that rule. Fuck it. Bad fic. Too much military lingo anyway. Seems like a "seen it once too many times" story also...those lost military people that have to survive now ala AsuCaga GS24. Sorry, one ep is enough for me.

Skimmed thru first 3 chapters, found a cardinal rule violated, said GFG to the fic.

Edit: WO, I'm highly regarding giving you a negative rep for your terrible judgment. As I said, 99.99% of fanfiction is shit. The only good fanfiction I have read is on SoulCalibur 2, which has virtually NO story and all the possible wiggle room you could want, or Warcraft fanfiction, which only ONE author can actually pull off with skill. (Oh, and skill it is!)
Well, all this is opinion. Is that really something set in stone, then? Show me where you got this impression. Prove that it is something worth following. Who is to say how far you have to follow the canon tale? You do not like part-AU, you keep your eyes from it. Do not try to dissuade others just because you are of the close-minded sort.
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote