AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-02, 07:08   Link #2121
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

My dear otaku waifu is not only a super hotshot pilot but a murderer too?!

I know it can't get any better, BUT IT KEEPS DOING SO.
Old 2012-09-02, 14:33   Link #2122
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

what in the hell is this show doing with itself

its annoying

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 15:49   Link #2123
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
what in the hell is this show doing with itself

its annoying
Don't really understand that, the show's been great with great action and a strong story that's kept me hooked and I've been greatly enjoying the characters like a lot of others.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2012-09-02 at 16:23.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 17:37   Link #2124
Raincollie
A certain collie of rain.

I honestly don't understand why air a series that isn't done. Why not finish it up and make it perfect before releasing it? Eureka Seven, as a title, already was popular, and had a great potential for investments over time. They could create a gloriously brilliant masterpiece successor, a great sequel, if only they took the time to plan everything out.

I'm debating with myself on whether I'm mentally satisfied with Psalms of Planets' ending for the whole story, or accept Astral Ocean as a legit continuation for the plot.
Raincollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 20:54   Link #2125
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raincollie View Post
I honestly don't understand why air a series that isn't done. Why not finish it up and make it perfect before releasing it?
Because - money.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 04:58   Link #2126
Raincollie

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Because - money.
Since when is money more important than making a life-changing, deep, intelligent, well-written, magical,
Spoiler for Many more positive adjectives, you get the point.:
story medium perfect?

If I ever create a series that shares the same spiritual vibe as Psalms of Planets, heck, I'm going to spend my whole life and money on making it perfect. Screw the money.
To be honest, I'm working on a story right now.
Old 2012-09-03, 05:41   Link #2127
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raincollie View Post
Since when is money more important than making a life-changing, deep, intelligent, well-written, magical,
Spoiler for Many more positive adjectives, you get the point.:
story medium perfect?

If I ever create a series that shares the same spiritual vibe as Psalms of Planets, heck, I'm going to spend my whole life and money on making it perfect. Screw the money.
To be honest, I'm working on a story right now.
Okay, have fun, I hope you have a lot of money. James Cameron can afford it. Can you?
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 05:46   Link #2128
Raincollie

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Okay, have fun, I hope you have a lot of money. James Cameron can afford it. Can you?
No, but I have the power of friendship.
The least I can do right now is come up with the whole story, though, which is something Bones decided to do as the series goes along.
James Cameron can bite me; Avatar sucked.
This is getting off-topic, though, so- AO! We really don't need episodes focusing on girls' stupid feelings towards each other right now. We need some more Eureka, some Renton, explenations and especially two more Nirvashes (TheEND and Spec V... 1 and a half, in this case).
Old 2012-09-03, 08:23   Link #2129
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

what is the problem with Eureka7 AO?
the first Eureka7 series is mostly Character-Driven Story
while Eureka7 AO series is mostly Plot-Driven Story

so to me they both have their charm, no need for so much expectations since Japanese anime has no hollywood kind of budgets
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 08:50   Link #2130
Raincollie

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0x View Post
Japanese anime has no hollywood kind of budgets
While that's true, Psalms of Planets and Pocketful of Rainbows have done much more than almost any hollywood movie has ever.
I might be overreacting about Pocketful of Rainbows, seeing I'm the only one who really liked it, but that's still true as for Psalms of Planets.
Old 2012-09-03, 10:12   Link #2131
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
the first Eureka7 series is mostly Character-Driven Story
while Eureka7 AO series is mostly Plot-Driven Story
This implies that characters and plot are somehow separate.
Which is a ridiculous notion.

Quote:
While that's true, Psalms of Planets and Pocketful of Rainbows have done much more than almost any hollywood movie has ever.
Nobody knows what to make out of Pocketful of Rainbows. Did that script even have a meaning in there somewhere?
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 10:21   Link #2132
Raincollie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
He sort-of has a point, though. Psalms of Planets had much more character development than Astral Ocean. AO is simply made for those who wish for a continuation to the story.
However, I completely agree with you that characters aren't separable from their plot.
(Insert ecchi gif here and yell "hurray for plot").

Quote:
Nobody knows what to make out of Pocketful of Rainbows. Did that script even have a meaning in there somewhere?
To be honest, I really didn't know what Bones wanted from me after my first watch, but then I read opinions, reviews, commentaries and interpretations online, and after my second, maybe third watch, I finally realised the movie's full glory.
In my opinion, Bones wanted to create something that reminds us of the moments we all loved, and the vibes we felt in Psalms of Planets, while mixing in some new elements, such as Noah's Ark, more mythology, Peter Pan, very unexpected twists (Stoner and Hap) etc etc. The fact that their budget was really low to begin with was a problem, but they still handled it very well. I don't think the movie was supposed to have a super special point like the series did. I wasn't expecting a whole new concept, and that's why I wasn't disappointed.
The only thing I didn't like about the movie was the constant reuse of visual scenes from the series, but nothing besides that.
Old 2012-09-03, 11:25   Link #2133
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
lol you should have googled those terms of Character-Driven Story and Plot-Driven Story then since i just recently learn them and i did not invent them too

here
http://reviveyourcreativity.com/ryc/...riven-stories/
http://writerchick.wordpress.com/201...racter-driven/
http://www.writersstore.com/characte...action-driven/
http://jamigold.com/2011/07/what-dri...or-characters/
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 12:21   Link #2134
EnOfEridu
a.k.a Enki

To me, the story of AO has a very similar structure as the story of Renton. Except that AO has a semi-harem, whereas Renton had to be satisfied with just Eureka.

So far i don't see the series going anywhere. I mean, it really has many holes. Like Naru, she comes and goes and nobody knows exactly what she wants. And Truth is more or less psicotic, no more. In Character, E7 was more complete. Sure, it had 50 eps, but you know.. I hope it finds a way to tie all the loose ends together and not go on forever.

Also, i miss the "racecar" Nirvash.
EnOfEridu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 12:31   Link #2135
Raincollie

Does anybody have an estimate as for what are the chances that a second season would be announced?
Old 2012-09-03, 17:29   Link #2136
aardvark

So apparently there is a manga based on the original animes "New Order" ending being serialized and written by Hiroshi Ohnogi (one of the staff writers of the first seris)? Anyone know anything about it or read it? Duckroll?
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 19:29   Link #2137
miketyson

Raincollie: i'd say the odds aren't great but they aren't zero. I can't see BONES resurrecting a franchise just to do an open-and-shut, no-more-sequels-ever storyline, so I've been counting on getting an open-ended ending that has obvious sequel potential (...sigh).

Interestingly, it's possible that not airing the final episodes on TV will wind up helping sales more than it hurts them. Evil genius at work?
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 23:04   Link #2138
Raincollie

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Raincollie: i'd say the odds aren't great but they aren't zero. I can't see BONES resurrecting a franchise just to do an open-and-shut, no-more-sequels-ever storyline, so I've been counting on getting an open-ended ending that has obvious sequel potential (...sigh).

Interestingly, it's possible that not airing the final episodes on TV will wind up helping sales more than it hurts them. Evil genius at work?
Remember how Psalms of Planets' first half ended? Renton and Eureka getting back together, Holland finally accepting their relationship, the Gekko escaping Dewey and Charles' trap, etc etc? Think about what would happen if the series ended there. It would be never explained that Eureka is a Coralian, that this planet is actually Earth covered by Scub Corals, and many more important details like that. Would you really call that a fair "open ending"?
If AO goes that way, with so many things unexplained, I will go nuts.
Old 2012-09-03, 23:58   Link #2139
miketyson

Raincollie: oh it would've been terrible if that's where it ended, but that's still where it seems like we'll end up with AO unless it turns into a total mess. Stock up on all the sanity you can, while you still can!

Come to think of it, though, what's interesting is in some ways if AO gets to spend time with Eureka and Renton that could turn into the equivalent of Renton spending time with Charles and Ray.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 05:21   Link #2140
Raincollie

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Raincollie: oh it would've been terrible if that's where it ended, but that's still where it seems like we'll end up with AO unless it turns into a total mess. Stock up on all the sanity you can, while you still can!

Come to think of it, though, what's interesting is in some ways if AO gets to spend time with Eureka and Renton that could turn into the equivalent of Renton spending time with Charles and Ray.
And then Eureka and Renton will be hired to eliminate Generation Bleu?

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen