AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2014-12-20, 00:37   Link #6321
choupette

Dorothy's character has a beautiful entrance and development here, I loved that it is now shown a glimpse to her past.

First, she has lost her most beloved person in the whole world: her dad.
Later, she will willingly sacrifice her grand father life, convincing him to go to battle.
At the end, she loses Treize, whom she loved since little (in FT she kinda shares this with her Father, that she hopes to marry Treize when she grows up), that's why she freaks out when Milliardo refuses a duel with Treize and, instead, he pretends to shoot him down with Libra's cannon.

Her character was really misunderstood, she's strong, yet a sweet and gentle girl. Sumizawa's really making up for that

I would also like to see more interaction of her and Heero, the fencing fight when she tries to get on his nerves to confess who he really is was not enough for me! And FT teased that they actually met when little, but probably later neither of them would remember the accidental encounter (while in Barge Fortess).
choupette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-24, 11:41   Link #6322
balofo
Banned

It seems Odin Lowe had used the Drei Zwerg before

this pic shows the name of the Leo Type V, Nemea

Last edited by balofo; 2014-12-24 at 11:52.
balofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-24, 15:35   Link #6323
He00Ro

Wait, Odin Lowe as the man who assassinated the pacifist Heero Yuy?! Since when he pilots mobile suits?!
He00Ro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-24, 19:49   Link #6324
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

That's what I'd like to know. First he's Heero's dad, now he's a MS pilot (a Gundam pilot even?). Next thing we know he was Treize's nanny.
And, cute, Nemean Lion. I take it all Leo variants are somehow lion themed.

Also, merry Christmas, folks.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-24, 19:54   Link #6325
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It's because Sumisawa went "Fuck originality" and then we got Frozen Teardrop, where everyone knows everyone else, everyone looks like everyone else, and everyone is connected to everyone else.
Old 2014-12-24, 20:02   Link #6326
choupette

Maybe in next GOL chapter they will show a flashback to that? (How Odin ended up using the Drei Zwerg)

Merry Christmas
Old 2014-12-25, 09:02   Link #6327
He00Ro

No matter how many times we hope that Frozen Teardrop is finally going to be on the right path and show us some good reasonable things Sumisawa shows up and ruin everything with his bizarre ideas.

I lost hope in it and I don't expect anything good from Sumisawa, I'll be more than glad if they just turn Episode Zero and Blind Target to OVA and aired them in 2015
He00Ro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-25, 11:58   Link #6328
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

After staring at those chapters, a question that I forgot to ask crept in again. Can anybody confirm whether Quatre & Dorothy are supposed to be an item? Is there any official sources? I’m pretty confused when Wing-fans kept saying that “Dorothy is for Quatre” thus making a complete set where the five Gundam pilots have (or had, in Wu-Fei's case) their own kinda-sorta love interests. Despite that, I can’t remember them interacting much. The most I can recall is the sword duel near the end of the TV series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
I also must say, I love the upgrades Hilde gets. I guess she and Duo can now rightfully be called a battle couple.
Now if only Treize’s Tallgeese II & Lady Une’s Wing Gundam had a lot more screen time rather then Wing got one-shot and Treize decided to die afterwards, those two will be one heck of a battle couple. But eh, that’ll never happen. Guess I’ll just have to buy MG Tallgeese II and pose it side-by-side with my MG Wing. An odd couple but they look cute together.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-12-26, 13:08   Link #6329
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

How exactly did Odin Lowe use a Gundam that was never freakin' built during his time? Isn't he, I dunno, dead by the time Quatre built the Wing Zero?
Old 2014-12-26, 13:46   Link #6330
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

As grateful as I am for the pictures with which you provide us balofo (and trust me, I'm very grateful ), my connection always yowls in pain when it has to load this page. Perhaps you could be prevailed upon to use the [images] tag in future posts? Please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
It's because Sumisawa went "Fuck originality" and then we got Frozen Teardrop, where everyone knows everyone else, everyone looks like everyone else, and everyone is connected to everyone else.
And of course "everyone has the same background as everyone else."

I still can't get over Sister Hilde.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
After staring at those chapters, a question that I forgot to ask crept in again. Can anybody confirm whether Quatre & Dorothy are supposed to be an item? Is there any official sources? I’m pretty confused when Wing-fans kept saying that “Dorothy is for Quatre” thus making a complete set where the five Gundam pilots have (or had, in Wu-Fei's case) their own kinda-sorta love interests. Despite that, I can’t remember them interacting much. The most I can recall is the sword duel near the end of the TV series.
lol No, that's all fandom lore. Dorothy and Quatre never had anything going on between them outside of fanfics and doujin. And people's imaginative minds, though I think most acknowledge it's a crack pairing.

The two are mainly paired by fans and on artwork because she is his counterpart, meaning the person of the opposite sex with whom he has had the most interaction/profound connection without her already being someone else's counterpart (thus precluding Relena or Noin, for instance). That's pretty much all there is to the couple, as the series itself only ever let them talk during that sword duel you remember. And getting stabbed doesn't sound like a good start to a relationship anyway.
Objectively speaking, Dorothy would sooner hook up with Relena than Quatre. I always crack up at Dorothy completely ignoring Relena's personal space in ep. 44. And then there's also her interrupting Relena's and Heero's heart to heart (I want to strangle her there) and whisking her away to Bremen, just the two of them. Jealous girlfriend much?

The matches you think of are wrong by the way, as those fans matched them without the knowledge of Episode Zero. They go: Heero-Relena, Duo-Hilde, Trowa-Catherine, Quatre-Dorothy and Wufei-Sally.

What Sally ever did to be stuck with Wufei, I'll never know. Most horrible pairing in Wing fandom in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Now if only Treize’s Tallgeese II & Lady Une’s Wing Gundam had a lot more screen time rather then Wing got one-shot and Treize decided to die afterwards, those two will be one heck of a battle couple. But eh, that’ll never happen. Guess I’ll just have to buy MG Tallgeese II and pose it side-by-side with my MG Wing. An odd couple but they look cute together.
I would have said cool rather than cute.

And yeah, considering how a number of Une's original badass moments were cut already, I'm afraid we won't see much new stuff from them. A real shame. Une gave Wufei a cranial trauma in a Leo. Let that woman fight!
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-26, 14:24   Link #6331
choupette

And actually, Quatre and Dorothy didn't have more interaction until after the Marimeia coup d'etat, and it was a brief conversation with Dorothy making Quatre feel guilty for what happened to Relena... You need to read "Interlude of the Heart (Preventer 5)" part of FT for this dialogue.

Who the heck attempts to pair Trowa and Catherine? They're siblings! D:

About Heero/Relena... I still have hope on that pair of jerks to be happy together or separately :3

But anyway... To more important subjects... Thanks, Balofo, for the images and the summary

I am now more interested on knowing more about Odin piloting the proto zero, how he ended using it...?! Was it before his son was born or was it after he took 'custody' of him? (Is this mentioned in GoL or FT? *blushes*)
Old 2014-12-26, 15:20   Link #6332
balofo
Banned

Calm down people, gonna have to wait for a FT summary to explain the Odin using Proto stuff.
Old 2014-12-26, 15:55   Link #6333
Tendou Souji

Thanks for the pics Balofo. I really hope them showing all of the FT mobile suits at once means they are finally ready to start revealing them. Zechs being the one to think up Zero EW messes with my head canon of Heero doing it but it's fine. I like that Zechs is getting tons of exposure in this manga. Noin piloting Sheherazade sounds great. I like that the older cast don't just stand around doing nothing but aren't overshadowing the new cast. Naina needs more exposure. Isn't she the only one without a chapter or arc in their POV?
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-26, 17:12   Link #6334
balofo
Banned

Naina had her father rescuing her from Mars bandits in Heaven and taking her to the orphanage, plus the picnic with Duo Jr

It appears the TV series is getting a TV rerun in early 2015
Old 2014-12-26, 17:47   Link #6335
Tendou Souji

Weren't those chapters from Duo's POV? I was talking about how we've been getting first person chapters for each character which explains their backstory and lets us into their thoughts. Her brother got his when he was piloting Heaven. Katrine and Phobos got theirs early on. Jr got his after the fight with Prometheus. Naina is the only one who hasn't gotten that.
Old 2014-12-26, 19:09   Link #6336
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Balofo, seriously. Use the [images] tag.
Old 2014-12-26, 19:36   Link #6337
choupette

Thanks for the images, Balofo :*

About the re-run of the series, will it be in Japan?
Old 2014-12-26, 19:58   Link #6338
Knight_SV

i hope epyon will get an additional equipment for his beam sword or heat rod to match zero ew's drei zwerg
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-26, 20:11   Link #6339
balofo
Banned

About the rerun, I saw some info but forgot the details

Epyon is 99,99% getting some addon, i'd bet on a Lance/Spear with EM properties like the Tempest
Old 2014-12-26, 21:55   Link #6340
Tendou Souji

Wait a second

That winged suit isn't labeled Snow White, is it? It has a completely different head from the one in the photo drama and I thought we all went through this already. I'm going to be extremely disappointed if Snow White is nothing more than Proto Zero with the angel wings and a different color scheme.

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing