AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2007-06-10, 11:43   Link #121
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Thanks. Well, that's interesting... only translation credits are listed and no editing positions... I guess Cindy H. Yamauchi is the rewriter?
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 07:31   Link #122
Ratix

Send a message via AIM to Ratix Send a message via MSN to Ratix
Hmmm... How close is the Anime to the Novel? And the manga to the novel?

And how much have the Manga acctually covered? Everything in the anime + more? Halfway through the anime? And how much have the Anime covered in the Novel?
Ratix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 19:36   Link #123
Devard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratix View Post
Hmmm... How close is the Anime to the Novel? And the manga to the novel?
I'm not sure about the exact details, but I believe the manga has been more faithful as an adaptation than the anime. The anime have done some reorganizations (like pushing Margerie up to appear in the Friagne arc and pushing Tenpa Jyousai back to the first season's finale).

Quote:
And how much have the Manga acctually covered? Everything in the anime + more? Halfway through the anime? And how much have the Anime covered in the Novel?
The third volume of the manga is just a wee bit after the Friagne arc. The first season of the anime has incorporated plot elements from as far up as the ninth novel.
Devard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-15, 04:27   Link #124
LD19

Maybe the anime may have slight changes over the novel, but comparing the manga with the anime, you may find anywhere (mainly in Wikipedia) that the anime was way more appreciated than the manga is being.

This is just my opinion.
LD19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-15, 05:37   Link #125
Devard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD19 View Post
Maybe the anime may have slight changes over the novel, but comparing the manga with the anime, you may find anywhere (mainly in Wikipedia) that the anime was way more appreciated than the manga is being.
Certainly, that appears to be what my research has indicated (I actually wrote much of that section of the Wikipedia article ). Although the section only takes from two sources (ANN and AnimeOnDVD), so I don't really know what the general consensus is. If anyone has any other review sources, please contribute them to the article.

Now if you're interested in my own opinion, I think the manga is better than the anime. It's a lot funnier than the anime (especially the end of the Friagne arc in volume 3) and is a bit more laid-back. I like the art as well and Shana is really moe in some scenes.
Old 2007-06-15, 09:08   Link #126
Ratix

Hm... Was intending to get the Novel, well, I wonder if theres any Chinese translated ones running around... Like Haruhi.

So basically the anime is like mixing elements from the novel all over?
Old 2007-06-15, 18:41   Link #127
Devard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratix View Post
Hm... Was intending to get the Novel, well, I wonder if theres any Chinese translated ones running around... Like Haruhi.
Yes, there are translated ones for traditional Chinese, I'm quite sure. I don't know about simplified though.

Quote:
So basically the anime is like mixing elements from the novel all over?
I don't think so. I only listed the two differences that I know of. I believe it otherwise follows the novel quite well. Sure it skips a unimportant things here and there, but whatever.
Old 2007-06-15, 20:25   Link #128
Dynzel
( ´_ゝ`)フーン

I'd prefer the manga as well. I like what the artist did with Yuji's hair, despite the noticeable difference from Noizi's original design. And Shana... well. moé to the max? >_>" lol. I pretty much like the art in it.

Honestly, I'm not that fond of the anime as a whole. One difference I didn't like from the anime was the ending of the first novel. (Though I suppose that's why the movie was made.... but still.) Would've been nice to see Friagne blown away by Alastor's enormous form. But I guess I'll have to wait for the movie to see that.
Dynzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-16, 10:37   Link #129
Ratix

On another note... How does the DS/PS2 game follow? They're the same game, just ports right?

Follow the novel? They certainly doesnt' seem to follow the anime for me, played through, seen a couple of unfamiliar faces...

Like whose this:

Last edited by Ratix; 2007-06-16 at 11:05.
Old 2007-06-18, 16:11   Link #130
Suzumiya Haruhi
Destroying the balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynzel View Post
I'd prefer the manga as well. I like what the artist did with Yuji's hair, despite the noticeable difference from Noizi's original design. And Shana... well. moé to the max? >_>" lol. I pretty much like the art in it.
I like the manga's artwork as well but it seemed to escape the original feel of Noizi Ito's illustrations, it felt overly cute at times. One of the reasons why I prefer how the characters are drawn in the anime.

I like the manga a little better than the anime though, even though I preferred some of the anime's add-ons.

The Otaku Spot - My anime & manga reviews, musings, and pointless rants...
Suzumiya Haruhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 03:58   Link #131
passenger

although i usually prefer mangas over animes i gotta admit that high level of soundtrack of shana series makes me incline toward animated version.
i know light novel series is licensed and links to translation are forbidden. but i am not sure whether links to summaries are allowed or not. if it is allowed does anyone know a good fun site with summaries of novels?
passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 20:28   Link #132
Suzumiya Haruhi
Destroying the balance

The soundtrack and good animation almost made me lean toward the anime version too, but then the manga had that awesome Friagne battle (atmoshpere of "OH SHI-"...). That alone made me favor it more, because it didn't mix some of the content around like the anime did.

The anime had some nice add-ons though.

The Otaku Spot - My anime & manga reviews, musings, and pointless rants...
Suzumiya Haruhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 12:40   Link #133
Hazelshock
Touch the bread and die

damn can't wait till the second manga comes out for Canada the Fraigne fight looks amazing. Being in Canada sucks for anime
Hazelshock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 13:49   Link #134
Ratix

Oh yes speaking of the Manga version, how close does it follow the Novel? By being close, I mean exact detail by detail...(E.G. How the anime Monster follows the Manga very closely, every detail is the same) How close is it?
Old 2007-07-18, 21:14   Link #135
hangman319

does anyone know if the korean light novel is edited because if it isnt i might get it in korean(i think they have through volume 9 in korean)
hangman319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 05:53   Link #136
Lion and the sky
Doing Japanese at uni :D

Hello! Does anyone know when the next shana novel (15?) is out - it seems like an age since the last one!
Lion and the sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 08:44   Link #137
Devard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion and the sky View Post
Hello! Does anyone know when the next shana novel (15?) is out - it seems like an age since the last one!
I think we're looking at an August 10th release.

http://www.mediaworks.co.jp/users_s/d_hp/i/bunko.html
Old 2007-07-21, 10:18   Link #138
Lion and the sky
Doing Japanese at uni :D

oooooo cool! thanks! I can't wait to see what the cover is like (and all the other pictures!)
Lion and the sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 17:35   Link #139
Devard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion and the sky View Post
oooooo cool! thanks! I can't wait to see what the cover is like (and all the other pictures!)
Well, there's this, although I'm not sure if it's the cover or not.

Old 2007-07-22, 01:51   Link #140
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devard View Post
Well, there's this, although I'm not sure if it's the cover or not.

Nice cover (if it is the cover)!
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen