AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 27 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 27.16%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 14.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 12.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 7.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.23%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.23%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.47%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-26, 20:12   Link #81
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
I thought we were discussing Shakugan no Shana II Episode 23, not ChrissieXD vs. The United Nations.

EDIT: Nor Shakugan no Shana II - Spoilers & Speculations.
huh, united Nations YAY!!! Thanks for the reinforcements
Old 2008-03-26, 20:20   Link #82
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
I thought we were discussing Shakugan no Shana II Episode 23, not ChrissieXD vs. The United Nations.

EDIT: Nor Shakugan no Shana II - Spoilers & Speculations.
So what your saying is that we can't impose economic sanctions or anything on CrissieXD ?

Wonder why it is when I heard that preview about Yuji calling out the one he wanted to protect, I keep thinking he's just going to say his mother or something.
Old 2008-03-26, 20:22   Link #83
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
So what your saying is that we can't impose economic sanctions or anything on CrissieXD ?

Wonder why it is when I heard that preview about Yuji calling out the one he wanted to protect, I keep thinking he's just going to say his mother or something.
no he's gonna yell Misaki, and Shana, and Kazumi will be like who the hell is she, then they'll realize he was talking about the city, and be like o.O WTF
Old 2008-03-26, 20:36   Link #84
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
The Corpse Collector didn't develop an ability that turns torches into humans again, where the heck did you get that idea.
Look again, ChrissieXD was just making a non-serious speculation.

Quote:
*snicker* Perhaps the calls for an embargo were too hasty...
Old 2008-03-26, 20:42   Link #85
CapoExecutor
In R'lyeh where he dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Unless Kazumi becomes a flame haze contracted by Pheles, as I argued in the Episode 22 discussion thread. Or, if that corpse collector shows that the spell he was creating brings a torch back to life and recreates Yuji as a mortal.

Besides, I'm sure Pheles could always turn Kazumi into a torch and give her a reiju maigo.
Pheles loves her freedom despite being a bit on the edge. So it's better that Kazumi become the Flame Haze contracted to Valac instead. At least when it comes to killing enemies, Kazumi would have a talking dagger who would instruct her where and how to stab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
But if Pheles became sponsor to a Flame Haze, she'd miss out on all the hot sex0r with Johan. And she can't just pump out more Mangos, because that would be totally br0k3n.
Better yet, how about if Pheles creates an offshoot of the Reiji Maigo and calls it "Kyo Dai" (I think it means brothers in a yakuza way) or something like that? Of course, that's just my opinion since Kyo Dai is an idea I'm already using.

Reiji Maigo Ver. 1.1

Reiji Maigo Ver. 2.0

Reiji Maigo Ver. 7.5
Old 2008-03-26, 21:26   Link #86
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
we're nearing the end of this series, so is there any sign of a third season?
just wondering...
Old 2008-03-26, 22:06   Link #87
Aquifina

A strong episode I was happy with.

Some comments:

1. Like an earlier poster, I think Hecate lets Yuji live, partly as a consequence of the whole Konoe arc. There's no reason for her to do so, and there's that scene at the beginning where she brings her staff down, and Yuji expects it to be a killing blow. And it's strongly implied that she sees him enter the clocktower. I expect there to be more fallout from the Konoe arc to be shown in the last ep.

2. The theme of Yuji and Shana fighting together was quite well done. I dare say it was a sign of real progress in their relationship, and I hope it leads to them being finally together at the end of this season.

3. I honestly don't know whether or not I want a 3rd season. Whatever they do, I just hope they resolve the love triangle. However, if they *do* do a third season, I can see the writers leaving things ambiguous. Perhaps they'll do what they did with season 1--make it seem resolved, but leave enough room for a reset later.

4. The maniacal mad scientist was well done.
Old 2008-03-26, 22:58   Link #88
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:

No, you cannot impose economic sanctions on ChrissieXD.

Think about it. Yuji wants to protect the city. Kazumi's part of it, and I don't know why the hell he'd want to protect Shana when she can fight for herself. (Assuming that no crazy stuff happens like Season 1 Episode 21.)
Old 2008-03-26, 23:08   Link #89
vorpal83

Leaving your sanity out of it, you gotta be pretty brave to support Kazumi on this forum
Old 2008-03-27, 00:45   Link #90
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Well, the one thing about Shana is that it has great use music, that's for sure. It's fine if episode 23 is entirely leading up to the (assumably good) episode 24, but episode 24 better be REALLY good. Hecate love.

And I agree with Aquifina. Please have some feeling of an ending and don't leave it as a complete cliffhanger like CG, because SnS 2 doesn't need more bad things.
Old 2008-03-27, 03:17   Link #91
teelotes
·¥äkítðrý·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquifina View Post
Like an earlier poster, I think Hecate lets Yuji live, partly as a consequence of the whole Konoe arc. There's no reason for her to do so, and there's that scene at the beginning where she brings her staff down, and Yuji expects it to be a killing blow. And it's strongly implied that she sees him enter the clocktower. I expect there to be more fallout from the Konoe arc to be shown in the last ep.
I don't think it's that much a consequence of Konoe Fumina. Has she ever wanted to kill Yuji? I don't think she has ever "wanted" anything at all. All her actions have been orders from Bel Poel and part of her greater scheme for Bal Masqué. If she ever did wish for anything, it's just Bel Poel making use of her.

I suspect the consequence of the Konoe arc would be more evident in the Statue of Pride, since the emotions and feelings collected give it its mind.
Old 2008-03-27, 03:29   Link #92
teelotes
·¥äkítðrý·

Quote:
Hold on - Hayato is not exposed to the truth at this part of the storyline. Unless Takahashi decides to pull the plug at novel 17, it's not going to happen.
I guess this is wishful thinking on my part that applies to both the novel and anime. Hayato is a character that provides contrast and also good teamwork alongside Yuji; it's really a pity that this character has gone to waste.

Wishful thinking aside, I would still be curious about how Hayato is coming to terms with Kasumi's answer, so hopefully that will be explained if there is a third season. And then maybe a proper exit scene, instead of leaving him lingering in the plot.
Old 2008-03-27, 03:31   Link #93
ForgedGlory
Fortitude

I want to see Yuji plunge his big sword into Hecate XD
Old 2008-03-27, 03:45   Link #94
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
And I agree with Aquifina. Please have some feeling of an ending and don't leave it as a complete cliffhanger like CG, because SnS 2 doesn't need more bad things.
Even though it's quite clear that a third season is imminent, I doubt that there will be a cliffhanger ending (this is what happens when you first finish Code Geass.) J.C. Staff using the two extra minutes of the ED to quickly cover some important events is proof that they're at least trying to be able to end it well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedGlory View Post
I want to see Yuji plunge his big sword into Hecate XD
I hate you.

But really, Hecate is great.
Old 2008-03-27, 07:14   Link #95
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by teelotes View Post
I don't think it's that much a consequence of Konoe Fumina. Has she ever wanted to kill Yuji? I don't think she has ever "wanted" anything at all. All her actions have been orders from Bel Poel and part of her greater scheme for Bal Masqué. If she ever did wish for anything, it's just Bel Poel making use of her.

I suspect the consequence of the Konoe arc would be more evident in the Statue of Pride, since the emotions and feelings collected give it its mind.
The only thing that really made me think was that bird Hecate watched the first time Sociometry played. Maybe she finally had some sort of emotions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorpal83
Leaving your sanity out of it, you gotta be pretty brave to support Kazumi on this forum
Or madly in love.
Old 2008-03-27, 08:21   Link #96
Deathscyther

*gives Kazumi to ChrissieXD*

So now everyone's happy. Yuji and Shana can be together. Chrissie has Kazumi. No more worrying about the love triangle

Anyways, I love dantalion and domino. They are great XD
But yeah, I wonder how they'll end the season (and maybe series) in this last episode. A lot is happening, so they'll do it either in a superb way...or they'll ruin the whole series with it XD;
Old 2008-03-27, 08:38   Link #97
CapoExecutor
In R'lyeh where he dreams

When will there ever be any scenes of Bel Peol fighting? Yuji fell into the darkness below but Dantalion mentioned about the huge power of existence source in the ground that Bel Peol placed a seal over. Perhaps there might be a chance that Yuji can still disrupt their plans for the Statue of Pride?
Old 2008-03-27, 10:48   Link #98
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
I just got around to watching this episode last night.

The Good: Yuji continuing to be an anti-Shinji, less commentary from Kazumi.
The Bad: Dantalion talking way too much.
The WTF: Margery getting destroyed by Sydonay. I know it was an ambush but I figured she would've put up a shield rather than take a potshot. Fits her nature I suppose.

Overall, a decent episode considering it's just setting up for the finale. I just hope that the last episode is actually up to the task and finishes strong. It's too bad they didn't condense the whole first half of the series into fewer episodes to give more time to the current developments.
Old 2008-03-27, 11:02   Link #99
ForgedGlory
Fortitude

I'm almost certain that its going to end with a cliffhanger.
Old 2008-03-27, 12:53   Link #100
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedGlory View Post
I'm almost certain that its going to end with a cliffhanger.
where do you get that cetanty from???
Closed Thread