AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-03-28, 04:26   Link #161
KatsuKy
Trolls hater

Send a message via Yahoo to KatsuKy
how about Hayate no gotoku, is it a Geneon's?
KatsuKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 04:54   Link #162
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
Nanoha has been completely dubbed, info from personal contact who knows the VA for nanoha.

Whether the dub ever gets released is still completely unknown.
Does that mean the entire series is dubbed or just vol1? When I said earlier stages of production I meant there hadn't been any releases. Relatively speaking, completion of one DVD puts it at just a little past the quarter mark. Oh well, let someone pick it up soon.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 08:52   Link #163
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Does that mean the entire series is dubbed or just vol1? When I said earlier stages of production I meant there hadn't been any releases. Relatively speaking, completion of one DVD puts it at just a little past the quarter mark. Oh well, let someone pick it up soon.
If it's complete then the whole thing has been dubbed (remember that geneon only licensed the first 2 seasons which are only 13 episodes each and considering the length of time it's been since the license was announced would mean that the whole thing has been dubbed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatsuKy View Post
You have just earned a facepalm (why ask about a series that hasn't even been licensed yet)
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 10:19   Link #164
nexist418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
That's good to hear. If it's read to go it will hopefully increase the chances of another company picking it up. It would be a shame if they put all that work in and it never sees a release though...
Yeah, since I have only seen strikers & I've been waiting for months now for these to e released.
nexist418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 10:26   Link #165
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Unless you're waiting out of respect, there are methods of acquiring the first two
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 10:40   Link #166
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Do you know who'll be dubbing it or that's a secret?
I didn't hear which dubbing studio, but the cast lists on animenewsnetwork's encyclopedia are correct, as far as I the roles I personally know.

Furthermore, it looks pretty probable that Media Blasters will be releasing it, as John Sirebella (head of MB) posted a hint that he had 2 of the ex-geneon series yet unannouced and those were ones that had not been started yet by Geneon (which narrows the possibilities considerably... Probably Nanoha and one other)
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 11:08   Link #167
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
I didn't hear which dubbing studio, but the cast lists on animenewsnetwork's encyclopedia are correct, as far as I the roles I personally know.

Furthermore, it looks pretty probable that Media Blasters will be releasing it, as John Sirebella (head of MB) posted a hint that he had 2 of the ex-geneon series yet unannouced and those were ones that had not been started yet by Geneon (which narrows the possibilities considerably... Probably Nanoha and one other)
Well then, looks like I'll make a trip to that Nanoha sub-forum!
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 11:15   Link #168
Altvaltex
Positivity

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatsuKy View Post
Hayate No gotoku is just licensed today by shogakukan so I guess its not..but ITS LICENSED NOW T_T
Altvaltex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 11:36   Link #169
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altvaltex View Post
Hayate No gotoku is just licensed today by shogakukan so I guess its not..but ITS LICENSED NOW T_T
Could you link to this because it hasn't yet been confirmed or reported on the usual sites.

Plus, it's rather off-topic to this thread isn't it.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 11:54   Link #170
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:

I had heard MB got it early on but then recently i heard Fumi has Nanoha.
Old 2008-03-28, 11:54   Link #171
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
John Sirebella (head of MB) posted a hint that he had 2 of the ex-geneon series yet unannouced and those were ones that had not been started yet by Geneon (which narrows the possibilities considerably... Probably Nanoha and one other)
The talk in the Seirei no Moribito thread is that SnM is the other series.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 13:50   Link #172
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
The talk in the Seirei no Moribito thread is that SnM is the other series.
Nope... John mentioned the "two more" in the same thread he dropped the SnM hint over at animeondvd's forums, AFTER he revealed that license.

So he has 2 more IN ADDITION to Seirei no Moribito...

The post is here:

http://www.animeondvd.com/forum/show...p?post/687159/
Sam Pinansky
Old 2008-03-28, 13:59   Link #173
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

His comment on partially released titles surprises me. I thought Geneon was a victim of corporate BS due to slumping (but by no means tragic) profits.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 14:06   Link #174
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
His comment on partially released titles surprises me. I thought Geneon was a victim of corporate BS due to slumping (but by no means tragic) profits.
They are, but even corporate BS still is overridden by possible money making... Dentsu is sitting on rights to things that it has no plans to release itself. It's easy money to sell them off cheap to someone else to finish, and at least they recoup some losses.

It's surprising that the unfinished series haven't been sold yet, to me. Probably just long negotiations since there's issues to be resolved with re-releasing the earlier volumes, box-set rights, etc...
Sam Pinansky
Old 2008-03-28, 14:13   Link #175
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Could you link to this because it hasn't yet been confirmed or reported on the usual sites.

Plus, it's rather off-topic to this thread isn't it.
I think he got it from Crunchy Roll, which seems to have pulled the series due to it being "licensed".

http://www.crunchyroll.com/series-27...no-Gotoku.html

it says "licensed by Shogakugan productions"

considering that shogakugan is a japanese company that produced the show, I think that they requested it be taken off crunchy-roll but it's not "licensed" in R1.

P.S. the comments REALLY piss me off. "The companies that did this must DIE!!" etc... "One more anime gone!" ...
sure you get a little bit of that here, but nothing like the vitriol on cr when something is pulled.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2008-03-28, 16:04   Link #176
bayoab

Though apparently C&D letters to Crunchyroll have been beating announcements (as mentioned at AB). It might be the case of the US company going to the Japanese company and saying 'You do it, we don't want to leak this'.

And I'd guess the reason it is taking so long is Dentsu is trying to recoup as much of their costs as possible and not trying to just give away their properties which do have value. They are probably trying to dump some of the larger properties (Black Lagoon, Hellsing Ultimate) together with some of their lesser properties that weren't finished (Law of Ueki).
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 16:21   Link #177
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I wonder if other potential licensors share Sirabella's opinion that he only wants series that have not yet been released. I can understand not wanting to become responsible for someone else's product, but I wonder what that means for shows like Saiunkoku Monogatari which have only one or two DVDs released.

Also I recall that the first wave of take-down notices sent to YouTube actually came from the association that represents Japanese composers and musicians. I think the profusion of anime music videos was the stimulus in that case, but I can see the same groups objecting to the hosting of anime episodes on similar grounds.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 16:45   Link #178
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

(sighs and stares at his partial collection of the anime Karin)

Not really sounding hopeful for partially released Geneon titles at the moment, is it?
Old 2008-03-28, 16:47   Link #179
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I wonder if other potential licensors share Sirabella's opinion that he only wants series that have not yet been released. I can understand not wanting to become responsible for someone else's product, but I wonder what that means for shows like Saiunkoku Monogatari
which have only one or two DVDs released.
Also I recall that the first wave of take-down notices sent to YouTube actually came from the association that represents Japanese composers and musicians. I think the profusion of anime music videos was the stimulus in that case, but I can see the same groups objecting to the hosting of anime episodes on similar grounds.

I like Saiunkoku but it was a show that should never have been license. Licensing shows like Saiunkoku is how genon got the way they are today. Unless it is package with a more popular show or sold at a very low cost i doubt any company will want it.
Old 2008-03-28, 19:06   Link #180
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
I like Saiunkoku but it was a show that should never have been license. Licensing shows like Saiunkoku is how genon got the way they are today. Unless it is package with a more popular show or sold at a very low cost i doubt any company will want it.
We don't know what Geneon paid. We don't know how many discs geneon had sold of the first volumes. There are too many unknowns to even say whether that statement is even accurate. Geneon staff did claim they were hitting targets on almost all series.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote