AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-07, 06:25   Link #18921
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
I'm just saying that Awakening looks pretty ridiculous, any other power up is going to have to top it. We get wings now.. What's next, fangs, claws, tails? World destroying abilities?

Maybe Full Powered Index flying around using all the grimiores at the same time? Actually that sounds sorta cool.
World destroying abilities is pretty cheap for this series. And really I felt that you really didn't understand much the whole setting and sorry to point it out. But you remember how broken Fiamma is and how he got beaten? Touma didn't awaken yet he still beat the crap out of him. Kakine is already beaten and even if he struggle he will probably be curb stomp but his an idiot that hurts that Anti-skill woman who takes care of Accelerator and even against Amata-ojisan. If you read the novel then you will know he fear the level 5 and that's why he did all that preparation to beat accelerator he knew that guy's weakness and strength and most of all he drive him into the corner so he can be easily predicted. All sets plan. If he fight Accelerator in a normal way like Kakine. He will be curb stomp like him and not even needed awakening.

I haven't seen yet a seen where Awakening was the key to victory. Not mentioning the part where Accelerator took that huge telesma hit from Fiamma that instead of destroying the lands. He intend to put a curse on it so the people will feel fear again and his power will be back. And Fiamma wasn't beaten because Touma is so gar. Its the combine strength of everyone. Just like with every other god's right seat. Vento with Kazakiri and Touma, Terra with Tsuchimikado, Touma and Itsuwa and Aqua was beaten with the whole Amakusa revive remix with the Kaori joining the group again and Touma. The rebellion in England was stopped by the help of the whole nation.

The whole battle system in Index isn't the battle of power by power or who is stronger will win look at the king of luck. He will beat the broken magic god
Old 2012-07-07, 06:25   Link #18922
Ashaman

Its an angel motif. Halo comes next.
Old 2012-07-07, 06:39   Link #18923
tsunade666

^But accelerator got his halo already with his white wings right?
Old 2012-07-07, 07:04   Link #18924
Ashaman

Exactly!!!
Old 2012-07-07, 07:08   Link #18925
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
I'm just saying that Awakening looks pretty ridiculous, any other power up is going to have to top it. We get wings now.. What's next, fangs, claws, tails?
Nope, nope, nope and nope ... the "Awakening" seems to be an upgrade of a being based on its initial position in the Tree of Sephiroth. Above "human" there's the "Angels" (Wings, Halo, etc ...), and above angels there's "God" (?!!!). Accel is a human who (partially) became an Angel, what's next is for him to become a "God". But that's just pure speculation at this point. ... And then there's the guys above God >.> and the guys above that >.>

Quote:
World destroying abilities?
What the ...?! Why are you talking about something so cheap when the possible existence of a Galaxy or even Universe busters in this series was just hinted not long ago

Quote:
Maybe Full Powered Index flying around using all the grimiores at the same time?
She already sort of did that ... in the very first volume

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
The whole battle system in Index isn't the battle of power by power or who is stronger will win look at the king of luck. He will beat the broken magic god
Exactly ...
Oh please , the guys from OBD forums are already pissed off enough with her being a "loli"
Old 2012-07-07, 07:12   Link #18926
Destined_Fate

So.... Touma becoming a God as an ending? I guess that would be one way to keep his harem in tact. I mean, who can say no to a God?

I'm more of a a guy that prefers to see than to hear boasts of world destroying abilities.

No, I'm talking about using them all at the same time against a crazy powerful foe. Think how epic that battle would be. Maybe let she shoot lasers from her eyes too... Yeah, now that would be something else.
Old 2012-07-07, 07:20   Link #18927
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Nope, nope, nope and nope ... the "Awakening" seems to be an upgrade of a being based on its initial position in the Tree of Sephiroth. Above "human" there's the "Angels" (Wings, Halo, etc ...), and above angels there's "God" (?!!!). Accel is a human who (partially) became an Angel, what's next is for him to become a "God". But that's just pure speculation at this point. ... And then there's the guys above God >.> and the guys above that >.>
The level 6 is considered one who reaches enlightenment or something along those lines. I can't remember it but its seems to be considered as an equal to a god who has complete control over the universe.

Quote:
So.... Touma becoming a God as an ending? I guess that would be one way to keep his harem in tact. I mean, who can say no to a God?

I'm more of a a guy that prefers to see than to hear boasts of world destroying abilities.

No, I'm talking about using them all at the same time against a crazy powerful foe. Think how epic that battle would be. Maybe let she shoot lasers from her eyes too... Yeah, now that would be something else.
Touma is Kamijou Touma he is already above God

Fiamme when he got his pants wet when seeing that invisible thing decides to just to hell with it and fire an attack that will destroy the planet but that invisible thing just splits it in half and Touma then gets his imagine breaker back after pushing that invisible thing back inside of him.

A crazy battle.... hmm the end of NT 4 hinted something like that when Loli Magic God meets the blond cool failure magic god. Their first greetings is unlimited magic burst attack which only last for a few seconds in the eyes of that lovely maid but in reality by description. Thousands of thousands of blast was fired and a huge shock wave was a made as an after shock for the blast.

kicks the rock on the road Kamachi didn't show the battle with Magic god vs Fiamma and Ollerus. A 2 and 1 fight and its still ended up a draw.

Now if only the magic god isn't a loli and maybe a lady like Laura or Vasallisa or that bro Pope or president then maybe I could take her seriously as a broken character but really he reminds me of that girl broken bunny in slayers
Old 2012-07-07, 08:27   Link #18928
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
The level 6 is considered one who reaches enlightenment or something along those lines. I can't remember it but its seems to be considered as an equal to a god who has complete control over the universe.
Oh yeah, I remember Komoe-sensei said something like that

Quote:
reminds me of that girl broken bunny in slayers
that's more of a reason to fear her, she's one of the most powerful characters ever
Quote:
What? ... I try to think about it but I can't even imagine just that being as epic as what happened in between volume 14-NT4. And I started reading most of those volumes after finishing some over the top series like Gurren Laggan, Eva 2.0 and FMAB ... yet I still think what happened in those volumes are among the top most epic stuffs I've seen in my life.
Old 2012-07-07, 09:15   Link #18929
tsunade666

What is FMAB?

NT 4 climax battle is grand. Bringing on the artificial valkyrie vs the leader of magic cabal and a saint and the real valkyrie. And that epic meeting of the real and the failure with the one who failed in saving the world. Kamachi just brings the heavy hitter on that ending and didn't even let us see how epic it could be.
Old 2012-07-07, 09:19   Link #18930
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
What is FMAB?

NT 4 climax battle is grand. Bringing on the artificial valkyrie vs the leader of magic cabal and a saint and the real valkyrie. And that epic meeting of the real and the failure with the one who failed in saving the world. Kamachi just brings the heavy hitter on that ending and didn't even let us see how epic it could be.
Fulmetal AlChemist Brotherhood.

In the boss fight of vol 18 pretty much all of United Kingdoms gain a portion of saint like powers, that's as close as we have gotten to everyone gaining a powerup to fight a strong enemy.
Old 2012-07-07, 09:20   Link #18931
leukrota

Quote:
You have a point there. If Touma became omnipresent then he would be able do deal with a harem of ~10,000 members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Quote:
Oh yeah, I remember Komoe-sensei said something like that.
I think she wasn't talking about becoming a god but "understanding the will of the heavens", or something like that. Index was surprised at how SYSTEM seems very similar to the church's goal.
Old 2012-07-07, 09:25   Link #18932
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
You have a point there. If Touma became omnipresent then he would be able do deal with a harem of ~10,000 members.
If he becomes omnipresent then he wouldn't need a harem.

Bad ending.

Quote:
I think she wasn't talking about becoming a god but "understanding the will of the heavens", or something like that. Index was surprised at how SYSTEM seems very similar to the church's goal.
It's the same thing; if you can understand how it works then u can control it.

What Index was surprise at is how both science and magic came up with the same idea to achieve that.
Old 2012-07-07, 09:33   Link #18933
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
If he becomes omnipresent then he wouldn't need a harem.
Why not? it's not the same being an extreme voyeur to actually participating...

Oh damn, I think I'm going to burn in hell.
Old 2012-07-07, 09:38   Link #18934
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Why not? it's not the same being an extreme voyeur to actually participating...

Oh damn, I think I'm going to burn in hell.
Because when you are omni-anything, it means u have no need for anything, no wish and no desire.

You are perfect and can do everything .
Old 2012-07-07, 09:45   Link #18935
leukrota

hmmm... now that you mention it, I remember a certain character of another series that removed herself from reality as a consequence of becoming a goddess... although that's a different perspective.

Nonetheless, perhaps it's not a good idea after all.
Old 2012-07-07, 09:52   Link #18936
tsunade666

^Actually that series reason for the her to turn into a goddess because her wish transcends from different time and different worlds. Her wish encompasses all time line and thus turning her into a goddess.
Old 2012-07-07, 10:08   Link #18937
leukrota

Yeah, and that expels her from reality by literally transcending time and space. But we digress... Kamachi would/will probably use a different concept for his "gods"
Old 2012-07-07, 10:14   Link #18938
tsunade666

I wish and hope that Kamachi's concept of God for Touma would be the end. An Omega. The end of everything. I can see Fiamma as Alpha the creator and Touma as Omega the apocalypse.
Old 2012-07-07, 12:32   Link #18939
desrtsku
Nympholept

Meh, I really like the concept of the main character being the "Apocalypse now" factor, I'm just afraid it's been quite overused these days. It's better if like Leukrota said he finds something original, but the concept of omnisomething is really unavoidable if you want to make it a top-class being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Because when you are omni-anything, it means u have no need for anything, no wish and no desire.

You are perfect and can do everything .
Not necessarily, being omnipresent or just omniscient doesn't always induce that someone is a perfect omnipotent. But, when you're everywhere and nowhere at the same time or aware of everything, your life will still be quite boring though. (somehow I'm grateful to the God who created everything [whichever God of any Religion it is], he knows that I'll be an ass-hole before the universe ever existed yet he still created me (TwT) )
Old 2012-07-07, 17:49   Link #18940
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Well, there's this from Vol. 15
Though I guess it could very well be subject to interpretation.
*winces* good catch there. I forgot about that one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
We've kind of veered away from the point I was trying to make, tbh.

I less wanted to argue that everyone can 'Awaken' and more wanted to make the point that we have no fucking clue about the entire concept, including how or why it comes about or who its possible to come about in.
Fair enough. Though I'd prefer the term 'not much is known' rather than "no f**king clue"
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen