AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2007-01-22, 16:50   Link #21
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

girls==jets .... ehhhhh, we'll keep an eye on it I think the title is a little poetic in a nice way.
Old 2007-01-22, 17:11   Link #22
Dop
Mmmm....

Jets Vexx? Those were props they had!

Well. That was odd. And short. If this is going to turn into a series, that may may (slightly) more sense?

The thing I really loved about it was the music.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-22, 18:17   Link #23
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

Quite interesting, yet disappointingly short. As already stated by others; it really needs a full run. Even 12 episodes would be good. Help develop the characters and tell a real story. This is just a tease and it's not fair. ^^;; hehe.
Asai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 01:41   Link #24
glainfach
One of the Unlost

Send a message via AIM to glainfach Send a message via MSN to glainfach Send a message via Yahoo to glainfach
Did anyone else happen to notice that after the girls suited up they all grew dog ears and tails. I assume this was so they could... wait for it... dogfight? The Japanese do love their puns!
glainfach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 03:18   Link #25
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

oops, yeah props... all the hardware just said "jets" in my brain. At least they don't vivisect the girls to cyborgize them like "some other anime"

Except that they also have cat and rabbit girls ... in addition to doggie girls... Why for? I have no freaking idea outside of Moon Rabbit Meena insanity.
I can just see the anime production meetings (full of paunchy 30-something-aged men) .. "Hai.... we have girls with large weapons who fly via exo-suit engines.... hmmmmm, they need cute animal tails and ears." followed by a solemn chorus of "Hai!!!"
Ahhh, Japan --- such a whacked place sometimes.

edit: I meant to say something about the animation... they did some pretty amazing work on a low budget to achieve a fantastic sensation of flight and aerobatic maneuvers -- even if the plot turns out to be weak, that'll be a draw if they can keep that up.
Old 2007-01-23, 03:46   Link #26
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by glainfach View Post
Did anyone else happen to notice that after the girls suited up they all grew dog ears and tails. I assume this was so they could... wait for it... dogfight? The Japanese do love their puns!
Nah, just because it is cute. Though if I was to come up with an explanation...

Notice the animal on the girls shoulder before the transformation? They all seem to have these familiars. Then after the transformation they take on the animal's traits. It'd assume that they absorb their familiar's heightened senses and animal-like reflexes in order to improve their fighting ability.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 13:30   Link #27
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensuke View Post
Alright, Strike Witches is subbed by Froth-Bite.

While I enjoyed it, it was way too short, just 7 minutes and that was it? No "full lenght" episodes?
Maybe they plan on making more OVA eps or a doing a full series. They could be just looking at the reaction of the anime community before going ahead. All I know is that a 8 minute clip is way too short to do any anime show justice. I'll be sad if this is it. I kinda liked the main story idea and character designs in the show.
Old 2007-01-23, 13:52   Link #28
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro View Post
They could be just looking at the reaction of the anime community before going ahead.
I hope that is the case, and of course if the reaction is positive, that there will be more episodes. (Hoping for Sky Girls tv-series as well )
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 18:13   Link #29
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
This is that one that looked semi-interesting and then it came out and boy was it a quickie. Haven't watched it because I have no real interest in watching extended commericals for a toy line. They said Transformers was a commerical but at least it could hold its own as a TV show.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-03, 19:42   Link #30
Nergol

So, I saw the preview...

So, is this show real, or are they just pulling my leg? Because, frankly, it had the distinct feeling of that - a put-on. To say that Strike Witches is a little weird is like saying that Bill Clinton has an eye for the ladies. Are you sure this isn't just an April Fool's?
Nergol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-04, 02:44   Link #31
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

That's what happens when you base an OVA on a line of cute models. XD

I guess now you know why they usually do it the other way around. However, there really is a 25 minute OVA to follow this Prelude.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 11:21   Link #32
SomeWhiteGuy

Actually, if your referring to the DVD that this prelude came with,,,, it's not much of an OAV. The only other thing it has is a very boring slide show. They show some drawings and talk a little bit about their mecca, but it's nothing interesting.
SomeWhiteGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 15:28   Link #33
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

ah well... the 7 minutes wonder had some interesting animation... something to stick on my DVDs as opener diversions.
Old 2007-02-05, 18:32   Link #34
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
hmmm.... is this based on the those models of different types of aircrafts that look like girls?

I remember those models, they were cute, but one thing, where is the Spitfire/Hurricane & Mosquito type girls?

:/

I remember seeing at leased the Spitfire model....

I mean they took off a Carthage Stonehenge like location, don't tell me they have no British plane/witch girl to represent?

And it'll be cool to include a Mosquito type, it was the only wooden plane able to outrun the first German Jet plane! Plus he had a mean sting, a 56mm (6 Pounder) Cannon stuck on it's nose,the heaviest armament on a wooden plane.

Last edited by Onizuka-GTO; 2007-02-05 at 18:45.
Onizuka-GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 13:20   Link #35
wormspeaker

Apparently Japan is so impoverished due to the war that they can not afford skirts for their girls. Oh, the humanity!
wormspeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 14:33   Link #36
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormspeaker View Post
Apparently Japan is so impoverished due to the war that they can not afford skirts for their girls. Oh, the humanity!
I noticed that too. I guess the artists figured, screw panty shots, let's remove the skirts altogether!
Darklightz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 16:21   Link #37
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Isn't this licensed? Gonzo are doing the same with this as they did with Druaga and BLASSREITER. Releasing officially subbed versions on Crunchyroll
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 07:29   Link #38
tyciol
*Artist

Would anyone know if this is a new upcoming batch of OVAs? http://s-witch.cute.or.jp/pc/

I am not sure if it is that and belongs here or if it might be a 2nd tv series.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote