AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-18, 08:22   Link #61
Bonjour
Rosa Gigantea

Steph onee-sama argues that the "blushing" of some of the characters, like Sachiko and Yumi, mean something else more than friendship, like a 'hint of crush' stuff.

Noriko-sama argues that it is normal for people around that age in Japan because they are just embarassed, not that they actually 'feel' something.

Old 2007-08-19, 07:58   Link #62
Stephanie
You can reach for my hand

Send a message via Yahoo to Stephanie
We're not debating, we're just looking at different point of views..
Old 2007-08-19, 09:40   Link #63
Confessa
A White Rose

Whatever it is, I love it. You barely see people actually sitting down and discussing like you two in forums these days, and it pisses me off. When I started to post in forums, we would post for pages for and against a relationship, theory, character etc. Now, it's all one line posts..

I think the blushing means something. When I get embarrassed at another girl touching me (accidentally), I don't blush. I get embarrassed, but I don't blush. I only blush when someone I have a crush on touches me (again, accidentally). However, I cannot apply that to Sachiko and Yumi's relationship. While I can accept that their friendship...is more than normal, I do not think it is to the extent that it can be called a "crush". I find that they are just teetering on the border having feelings for each other, but not quite there yet..Every scene they have, I feel like the author is teasing us...giving us just enough hints to show that they aren't just friends, but not enough to outright say they have a crush on each other.

Writing all that makes me feel so annoyed...Why don't they just DO something that puts their relationship into some category??? Like SeixShiori is romance, but SeixShimako is platonic. It's all so simple. Yumi, you're wrong, the White Rose Family's relationship wasn't so complicated, it's your relationship..

So...I guess I'm siding with...Stephanie here, right??

I've mentioned the White and Red Rose families here, but how about Yoshino and Rei? Personally, I do not know why Rei accepted Eriko's offer, because I see no bond between those two, but do you think Yoshino and Rei have feelings for each other? Or are there hints of it? Sometimes, I think there are hints, but at other times, those moments seem more like favorite cousin interactions. The hand holding scene in Ciao Sorella? I can hold my cousin's hand like that, but there's nothing wrong with that. I better go reread the novels about those two..Opinions?
Old 2007-08-19, 11:25   Link #64
disney72
Going Bonklers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confessa View Post
Whatever it is, I love it. You barely see people actually sitting down and discussing like you two in forums these days, and it pisses me off. When I started to post in forums, we would post for pages for and against a relationship, theory, character etc. Now, it's all one line posts..

I think the blushing means something. When I get embarrassed at another girl touching me (accidentally), I don't blush. I get embarrassed, but I don't blush. I only blush when someone I have a crush on touches me (again, accidentally). However, I cannot apply that to Sachiko and Yumi's relationship. While I can accept that their friendship...is more than normal, I do not think it is to the extent that it can be called a "crush". I find that they are just teetering on the border having feelings for each other, but not quite there yet..Every scene they have, I feel like the author is teasing us...giving us just enough hints to show that they aren't just friends, but not enough to outright say they have a crush on each other.

Writing all that makes me feel so annoyed...Why don't they just DO something that puts their relationship into some category??? Like SeixShiori is romance, but SeixShimako is platonic. It's all so simple. Yumi, you're wrong, the White Rose Family's relationship wasn't so complicated, it's your relationship..

So...I guess I'm siding with...Stephanie here, right??

I've mentioned the White and Red Rose families here, but how about Yoshino and Rei? Personally, I do not know why Rei accepted Eriko's offer, because I see no bond between those two, but do you think Yoshino and Rei have feelings for each other? Or are there hints of it? Sometimes, I think there are hints, but at other times, those moments seem more like favorite cousin interactions. The hand holding scene in Ciao Sorella? I can hold my cousin's hand like that, but there's nothing wrong with that. I better go reread the novels about those two..Opinions?
my cousin hold my hands too very often.. she even kisses me, im quite accustomed to it coz she does it every time we see each other. its hugs and kisses mostly.. thats normal right?

yeah, i find yumi and sachiko's relationship more complex.. at one point you'll have to say its just sisterly, then when you watch another episode you'll find yourself guessing if it's just sisterly..

and the blushing thing.. yeah i agree with confessa.. i dont blush if i dont feel something for that person.. come to think if it.. i dont blush even im with my crush.. hahahaha
Old 2007-08-19, 21:31   Link #65
Confessa
A White Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney72 View Post
my cousin hold my hands too very often.. she even kisses me, im quite accustomed to it coz she does it every time we see each other. its hugs and kisses mostly.. thats normal right?

yeah, i find yumi and sachiko's relationship more complex.. at one point you'll have to say its just sisterly, then when you watch another episode you'll find yourself guessing if it's just sisterly..

and the blushing thing.. yeah i agree with confessa.. i dont blush if i dont feel something for that person.. come to think if it.. i dont blush even im with my crush.. hahahaha
Lucky you..My friends can pick out who I have a crush on easily because I blush a lot when I'm around or talking to him. It's so annoying because I can't keep anything a secret. It all shows on my face.
Old 2007-08-19, 22:30   Link #66
disney72
Going Bonklers

well im lucky that im in the same varsity team as my crush.. but i always get that dagger looks from his admirers coz were closer.. some even tried out for the team just to be with him.. if you ask me today, id gladly switch places to whoever likes to be in my place..
Old 2007-08-20, 01:02   Link #67
Stephanie

Hmm, I think people are different based on how they grew up and their culture, and since she mentioned Japanese people are kind of shy with this, so maybe they do blush when they're shy..

Blehh, anyway, topic drop this.. Blushing wushing stuff makes my head hurt

I too only blush if it's kinda from a crush, but if me and that person are close, not too much..

Annyywayy, how about the cousins? None of my cousins ever kiss me.. o_o
Although my male older cousin, whose got pimples all over his body, takes his shirt off and then hugs me to make me irritated.. >.<
Old 2007-08-20, 02:53   Link #68
disney72
Going Bonklers

we kiss on the lips.. like a smack.. its the same with everyone in the family (girls only) its a way of greeting.. well i think it is but then they would run after me if i decided to ditch the whole reunion just to avoid that kind of greeting..
Old 2007-08-20, 12:26   Link #69
Stephanie

(o_O)

*Imagines*

Blehh, I can't imagine myself kissing my cousin.. It's not gross, but I think I'll puke

It's not that I detest the idea, but me no likey.. XD

Anyway, offtopic, let's go back to the topic! XD
Old 2007-08-20, 13:53   Link #70
disney72
Going Bonklers

now dont get weirded out now steph.. its not at bad as it looks.. errr yeah not as bad.. anyways.. where were we?
Old 2007-08-21, 01:16   Link #71
Confessa
A White Rose

We weren't really anywhere...The first post said something about...romance not being too, uh, there was no romance except for Sei, or something like that. I just took a brief glance back, so I didn't read it properly.
Old 2007-08-21, 08:18   Link #72
disney72
Going Bonklers

ohhh i think the topic was blushing, crush and stuff... something like that.. hehe
Old 2007-08-21, 10:17   Link #73
Bonjour
Rosa Gigantea

I bet YoshinoxRei is more possible to become than SachikoxYumi, don't you guys think?

The way they are with each other, it's, well, hard to explain for me
Old 2007-08-21, 12:52   Link #74
Sarah89

Send a message via MSN to Sarah89
Rei and Yoshino have a big question mark next to the nature of their relationship for me as much as Sachiko and Yumi, but I lean a little towards thinking their relationship is essentially platonic. After all, they live next door to each other, they're relatives, and they've been thick as thieves since they were tiny. They have a very close, loving bond, but I'm not sure anything much comes into it that could make it at all sexual/romantic. Yoshino gets insanely jealous of Rei's dalliances with other girls, but I think that's down primarily to Rei being her closest friend and confidante as much as anything. Rei, meanwhile, seems insecure if her role as Yoshino's 'provider' and protector is ever threatened. There's a certain codependency in their relationship that makes them almost like a married couple (as is often remarked). Still, I'm not sure that really suggests much more than them simply being remarkably- but not romantically- close.

Last edited by Sarah89; 2007-08-21 at 20:02.
Old 2007-08-21, 13:01   Link #75
Bonjour
Rosa Gigantea

Nicely put, it's goes back to the borderline of the main discussion.

"Friends" vs "Lovers"

Sigh, how I wish I have more clues.

Though, I do remember in the 4th OVA:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-21, 21:08   Link #76
Stephanie

I view ReixYoshino's relationship kinda more advanced than SachikoxYumi's relationship.

As for Sachiko and Yumi, they are still in the stage of depending on each other.. Let me quote one member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan View Post
Yumi and Sachiko however, as strong and superior as Sachiko is, the both of them are *heavily* dependent on each other. In fact, I actully wonder if Sachiko's dependance on Yumi isn't greater than the reverse. When you have such a precious bound you want to protect, you tend to be very careful with it which the two of them really seemed to be in the first season. The both of them were glad to be together, but as the same time, haven't reached the same deep level of understanding and respect as Sei and Shimako. The second season with the rainy blue arc, strenghtened this aspect something tremendously. While on the contrary to how many people may wish that relationships are, people often are egoistic in a relation. They are this because it is permitted.
I know it's already past the event, but Yumi was all "Don't take something that belongs to me" kind of way when she thought Touko stole Sachiko from her. Recently, Sachiko goes all out to hug the Panda in the Hanadera Festival despite the fact that she is scared of heights, they can see under her skirt (according to Yumi) and she's afraid of men.

Both of them (specially the event I mentioned about Yumi who has grown past that event as she sees Sachiko's just human after all [note, this was mentioned in the novel] and Sachiko, she didn't want Yumi to see her vulnerable and weak side, but she saw that even if Yumi saw this, Yumi doesn't care..) are still quite dependent on each other, but of course, growing.. They both have understood they're relationship more with each other and I guess, not sure, starts to be more independent.

As for Rei and Yoshino, the reason I believe they have exceled past Sachiko and Yumi (although not much screen time was given to them) was because, at the 1st few episodes, Yoshino wanted Rei to be more independent and try to not be with each other. Rei is pretty weak when it comes to Yoshino, and Yoshino wants to change that. (They have come from being the "protector/Rei" and the "protected/Yoshino" to being walking side by side together.)

Spoiler for Rei's college:

Blahh, blab.. lol
Old 2007-08-22, 00:15   Link #77
Confessa
A White Rose

These seours, ie. SachikoxYumi, ReixYoshino and ShimakoxNoriko, seem much closer than YoukoxSachiko, ErikoxRei and SeixShimako. Or is it just because they have less page time??
Old 2007-08-22, 01:45   Link #78
Stephanie

Hmm, SeixShimako seems pretty tight, they just have a slight different approach..

I actually think Sei is more encarved (is this word correct?) in Shimako than Noriko.. I look forward to Noriko and Sei's meeting!!
Old 2007-08-22, 22:58   Link #79
Confessa
A White Rose

Yeah, Sei was hilarious in that meeting.

But I want to know. Does the relationship that Shimako and Noriko have show any yuri hints? Because a lot of people support that couple and some have their "yuri hopes" pinned on them. I did not bother really reading Noriko and Shimako's meeting because I hate Noriko, so can someone tell me?
Old 2007-08-23, 01:06   Link #80
Stephanie

I have no idea, I only read Otaku's works XD
But isn't it the same for everyone? That we don't know if there is Yuri at all..

Anyway..

VOTE FOR MARIMITE CHARACTERS!! XD
http://aoi.hiranomoe.com/saimoe/event.php?method=pin

(Mind j00, you can only vote for them once a day.. They can detect your IP, so voting twice erases your votes.. I know, I tried XD lol )

Last edited by Stephanie; 2007-08-23 at 01:30.
Closed Thread