AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-06, 09:31   Link #141
noob3d
馬鹿やろ

We'll thanks to my crappy japanese I was able to understand half of it quite well while I understood the rest from the manga.I feel so proud LOL.Anyway,I thought episode 1 was fairly decent and I liked the studio's animation style including the steamy hot opening song.I'll be waiting eagerly for the full single =3

Its been a long time I've been happy about a light hearted ecchi series coming out.Somehow I feel that To Love-Ru has that special spark that keeps me interested and the manga's art was easy on the eyes as well not to mention VERY nice to look at.
Old 2008-04-07, 07:09   Link #142
Tiberium Wolf

Everything seems awesome except for the OP and ED. Music... bleh... animation sequence... bleh. What a let down OP and ED.
Old 2008-04-07, 07:36   Link #143
ZODDGUTS

So far a good start but yeah the music sucks ass it was 3rd rate also felt it didn't fit well with the series .
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 10:24   Link #144
yozaku
Always Idle

I think

For anyone who doesnt read manga this anime quite good.

But many of my friend think this eps not good coz its inferior than its manga
yozaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 10:26   Link #145
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep1:
Old 2008-04-07, 10:47   Link #146
siber222000
미, 미, 미 미쿠루빔~!!!

seems like it's goin to be like ah my goddess. people who didn't read manga loved it *like myself* but people who read manga hated it because storyline wasn't good as manga lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yozaku View Post
I think

even though i read to-love-ru manga also, that won't stop me from watching anime version of to-love-ru! *hardcore fan lol*
Old 2008-04-07, 10:52   Link #147
ForgedGlory
Fortitude

holy shit this show is hot!!!!
ForgedGlory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 13:32   Link #148
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedGlory View Post
holy shit this show is hot!!!!
Ya DaWg!!!

So it's finally been subbed. Nice!
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 14:14   Link #149
Avantoe
In Memories
*Graphic Designer

Just a big mess for a first episode. I hope it gets better.
Avantoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 14:15   Link #150
yongshun

wow reminds me of Girls Bravo. Should be interesting to watch for the mindless fanservice.
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 14:38   Link #151
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by yozaku View Post
I think

Admittedly its been awhile, but I don't honestly remember the first chapter or two being terribly different then the first episode was...I mean its not like the manga has a whole lot of depth or plot to screw up with anyway.

As for the episode...Honestly it was only so-so...i'd say Kanokon had far more impact on me first episode wise and is probably all the ecchi i'll need this season heh. I defiantly will pick this one up again later on though, but only for Yami-chan.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 15:38   Link #152
Dhaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Admittedly its been awhile, but I don't honestly remember the first chapter or two being terribly different then the first episode was...I mean its not like the manga has a whole lot of depth or plot to screw up with anyway.

As for the episode...Honestly it was only so-so...i'd say Kanokon had far more impact on me first episode wise and is probably all the ecchi i'll need this season heh. I defiantly will pick this one up again later on though, but only for Yami-chan.
I can assure you that the manga was different. For exemple, the intro scene never happened in the manga. therefor his first love confession didn't failed like that.

On top of that the seiyuu for lala didn't meet my expectations. I don't why yet, maybe her voice too high-pitched.

Well i hope it's gonne be better in the nex episode.
Dhaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 19:19   Link #153
mdauben

Just watched the fansub of the first ep. I might say I was disappointed, except having read some of the manga I was not really expecting much. Just a not terribly interesting vehicle for fanservice it seems. I may watch a few more eps, but its really nothing special.
Old 2008-04-07, 19:28   Link #154
wormspeaker

Quote:
Rito, a shy boy, suffers because he cannot confess his feelings to his classmate, Haruna. Meanwhile, Lala, the princess of Planet Deviluke, appears in Rito's home and accidentally falls in love with him. She becomes engaged to Rito, and comes to live with him. He is embarrassed by her advances, such as pressing herself against him in public, or sneaking into his bed naked. Unknowingly, the seemingly innocent Lala creates major problems, and the problems not only extend to Rito, but Haruna and other people. Can Rito retrieve his peaceful days?
Okay, that is the plot of every anime made since 1995.

It will of course be awesome just like all the others!

/em resumes his sad and lonely life.
wormspeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 19:33   Link #155
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
...As for the episode...Honestly it was only so-so...i'd say Kanokon had far more impact on me first episode wise and is probably all the ecchi i'll need this season heh...
Kanokon "had far more impact" for me, too.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 20:23   Link #156
ZODDGUTS

Eh the manga starts off a bit off takes a couple of chapters to really get going. This series will be better then Kanokon comedy wise if it turns as good as the manga.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 20:30   Link #157
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

I suppose this will be the next ecchi anime after Rosario ended. So far it's not too bad, let's see how it goes from here
Darklightz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 20:49   Link #158
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Will a 16:9 version be aired?

edit: NM. Question answered by myself. Seems like it will air on April 24th on BS-i in 16:9 ...

Such a long wait. This is just like Clannad..
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 21:13   Link #159
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

I made a resolution that I would watch at least 2 of every episode this season (disregarding sequels to original series that I have not seen), but I am really not into fanservice-based shows at all. Still, if To Love Ru manages to introduce some elements of humor down the road, it'll keep me grounded. Few fanservice shows have succeeded in making me laugh, but there have been exceptions

Now on to the episode. The characters, despite being nothing new, managed to somewhat grasp my interest. Rito is pretty much as cliché a lead as one can be in a show of this genre. That aside, he is nowhere near as insufferable as Kanokon's male lead. Lala comes off as a collage of every "peppy" main female heroine ever (Yuna from Maburaho and Dita from Vandread immediately spring to mind as examples). At first glance, Haruna seems to be a more tolerable version of Yoshida Kazumi. She'll probably end up being my favorite character -- dooming her love life to failure. I was not really impressed by the music at all. The animation is nothing special, but it remains solid throughout. I was actually quite pleased during the octopus vacuum scene.

Nothing much in sight of plot yet. Lala runs away from home, and now she thinks Rito wants to marry her. Same old, same old. Overall between this and Kanokon, I feel Kanokon is the better show. Then again, maybe that's just my Horo withdrawals creating bias
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 21:17   Link #160
nines
I much prefer the 2d

lol i just read all 93 chapters of the manga today started reading when i woke up there really good glad that theres still more to come. but like that one guy said
Spoiler for manga spolier:

Tags
comedy, ecchi, harem, romance, school life, shounen, xebec