AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-08-31, 11:24   Link #2121
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Trends come and go, but good romance will always be good romance, just like crappy romance will remain crappy. ;p
Indeed, but at least for SAO i prefer harem style still
Old 2012-08-31, 11:24   Link #2122
kyp275
Meh

*takes the idea that SAO should be a harem story, put it out in the backyard, empty two full clips of .556 into it, and then set a satchel of C4 on the remain and blows it up*
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 11:29   Link #2123
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirX View Post
Indeed, but at least for SAO i prefer harem style still
The way you worded this sentence confuses me; are you saying that it's a harem, or that you'd prefer if it it were done in harem style?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
*takes the idea that SAO should be a harem story, put it out in the backyard, empty two full clips of .556 into it, and then set a satchel of C4 on the remain and blows it up*
This, so much.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 11:37   Link #2124
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
The way you worded this sentence confuses me; are you saying that it's a harem, or that you'd prefer if it it were done in harem style?
Actually both
Old 2012-08-31, 12:58   Link #2125
shinobu-chan
Heart-under-Blade

Spoiler for ggo:
shinobu-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 13:08   Link #2126
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobu-chan View Post
Spoiler for ggo:
All of them. Kirito feels responsible for Death Gun in particular because Death Gun knows him plus he wants to kill other innocent people in GGO. So Kirito felt that it is his responsibility to stop him or he'll cause more dissaster.
Old 2012-08-31, 13:49   Link #2127
M1sFyr3
I eat babies

I want Kirito x Asuna, I don't think the other girls (except maybe Sinon) are developed enough to be serious couples with him. I see no issue with them competing, but if Kirito ends up with them all or if they all agree to share him, it'll be something I dislike. I think I've seen a few decent/logical harems, but none have as deep a story as the SAO series has had so far.
Old 2012-08-31, 13:57   Link #2128
StellarCell
시논 짱!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1sFyr3 View Post
I want Kirito x Asuna, I don't think the other girls (except maybe Sinon) are developed enough to be serious couples with him. I see no issue with them competing, but if Kirito ends up with them all or if they all agree to share him, it'll be something I dislike. I think I've seen a few decent/logical harems, but none have as deep a story as the SAO series has had so far.
Noooo. Just nohohoho~ Even if it's not Asuna or Sinon, I would prefer Kirito's attention to be undivided.
StellarCell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 16:37   Link #2129
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
Asuna is NO. 1, NO. 2 and NO. 3, especially since Kirito will get killed by the hrr cooking knife if he showed any romantic interest in anyone else.
Hey, hey, hey, I'm as much of an Asuna fan as anyone here. No need to neg rep over such a thing. But yeah, after going through Dog Days and having everyone not fight over the Protagonist I've kinda mellowed out on the whole harem prospect. Hell if Erica Blandelli from Campionne can be okay with a harem as long as she's #1, how can I as an objective observer refuse?

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 17:24   Link #2130
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
how can I as an objective observer refuse?
I wonder if Kirito himself would be ok with a harem. For all his swag and whatnot, he comes across as homely to me. Maybe it's because he seems to long for a family deep down. I don't now, but behind all the bravado he seems to be just a simple, committed sort of guy IMO.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-08-31 at 17:45.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 17:41   Link #2131
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I wonder if Kirito himself would be ok with a harem. For all his swag and whatnot, he comes across as homely to me. Maybe it's because he seems to long for family deep down. I don't now, but behind all the bravado he seems to be just a simple, committed sort of guy IMO.
I don't Kirito would want a harem... I even doubt if he will succeed in making one... Let's based it to Asuna's character, she's selfish for his attention (with exception of her close friends and Kirito's family), no other girls could have him!!!

"Right Kirito kun?" * Asuna points a knife at Kirito
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 17:50   Link #2132
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I don't Kirito would want a harem... I even doubt if he will succeed in making one... Let's based it to Asuna's character, she's selfish for his attention (with exception of her close friends and Kirito's family), no other girls could have him!!!

Speaking of which, how much damage would Kirito take if he got hit by that skill?
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 17:51   Link #2133
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Probably more damage than a dinner knife has any right to inflict.
Old 2012-08-31, 17:52   Link #2134
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Speaking of which, how much damage would Kirito take if he got hit by that skill?
Its critical... way beyond the control of the system... its emotionally powerful....
Old 2012-08-31, 22:46   Link #2135
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Nope, sorry, but I hate harems...must be because I got so sick of working through so many series with harem aspects that I worked on Unicorn, and even that has a love triangle of sorts...
Banagher-Unicorn-Audrey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
I think you mean 5.56mm; there's no existing rifle chambered for .556 caliber. There is, however, Ma Deuce, the M2 .50 BMG heavy machine gun...

*gives to kyp275, marks location with smoke & calls in the A-10s*

Realistically though, there's a reason why most relationships are two persons, and you don't see many polygamous or polyamorous relationships IRL.

Having said that, to be honest, I can't really see any other girl except Asuna standing next to Kirito, simply because both of them are equals. Also, for god's sake, the official couple got established in Vol 1 - I want more developments like this! No more wishy washy like Infinite Stratos or Zero no Tsukaima!

Look, those who say couples are boring have obviously not seen it executed well. Take, for example, Castle - throughout the last four seasons, part of what drives the show has been the relationship with Richard Castle and Kate Beckett, and Caskett shippers realise that part of the best thing of that show is not the mysteries or the murders, but the building relationship - so much that when the UST was finally resolved, there was a sense of fulfilment, as we saw the relationship grow over the last four years.

Or Burn Notice - a major subplot of the 5th & 6th season is the relationship between Michael Westen and Fiona Glenanne, and how they love each other so much, Michael will betray the US for Fiona, and Fiona is willing to go to jail for a bombing she didn't do to keep Michael alive.

Pairings are not boring.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 22:51   Link #2136
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Having said that, to be honest, I can't really see any other girl except Asuna standing next to Kirito, simply because both of them are equals. Also, for god's sake, the official couple got established in Vol 1 - I want more developments like this! No more wishy washy like Infinite Stratos or Zero no Tsukaima!
*Thumbs up! Now we're friends!!
Old 2012-08-31, 23:34   Link #2137
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I think you mean 5.56mm; there's no existing rifle chambered for .556 caliber. There is, however, Ma Deuce, the M2 .50 BMG heavy machine gun...
I'm allowed a typo once in awhile >_>;;
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 06:44   Link #2138
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I wonder if Kirito himself would be ok with a harem. For all his swag and whatnot, he comes across as homely to me. Maybe it's because he seems to long for a family deep down. I don't now, but behind all the bravado he seems to be just a simple, committed sort of guy IMO.
Considering Kirito's family died long before he was 'aware' of things, and he was adopted by his mother's sister's family as raised as their own... it's very possible that's correct.

The feeling of a family disconnect from the people who love him is given as one of the driving influences for causing him to immerse himself in MMO's from such a young age. That and his mom's tech blood.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 07:03   Link #2139
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post

Just out of curiosity in which category does Yui fall under?

And Asuna has other sharp weapons beside that knife.
Old 2012-09-01, 07:11   Link #2140
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Just out of curiosity in which category does Yui fall under?

And Asuna has other sharp weapons beside that knife.
She is an AI that growing by accumulating data[can't feel real emotion]
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality