Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-01-30, 01:26   Link #761
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Anyone tried Strike the Blood yet? Or the Divine Blade's Successor?

I am about to start Rising Rydeen or 学戦都市アスタリスク, whatever that name might be. The latter interests me because from the illustrations I saw, it is kinda similar to IS.
Strike the blood was pretty good for me >_<, well maybe it's just cause I enjoy those types of novels. The main character inherits his power from the fourth alucard(?), and vampires are known for their familiars, which nobody supposedly is able to use beside the vampires. He's suppose to have 12 familiars but at the beginning of the novel none of the familiars obeyed him, everytime he sucks blood out from one of the heroine a familiar awakens

Not sure if the Divine Blade's Successor is the one I read, is it the one where the main character's master supposedly died in the beginning, and where he's the only human capable of fighting with the alien race in the school with a sword?

学戦都市アスタリスク < I like the setting in this novel, 6 (?) schools going against one another with a ranking system within. Seems like they can expand on this further down the road~
Old 2013-01-30, 04:29   Link #762
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
Strike the blood was pretty good for me >_<, well maybe it's just cause I enjoy those types of novels. The main character inherits his power from the fourth alucard(?), and vampires are known for their familiars, which nobody supposedly is able to use beside the vampires. He's suppose to have 12 familiars but at the beginning of the novel none of the familiars obeyed him, everytime he sucks blood out from one of the heroine a familiar awakens

Not sure if the Divine Blade's Successor is the one I read, is it the one where the main character's master supposedly died in the beginning, and where he's the only human capable of fighting with the alien race in the school with a sword?

学戦都市アスタリスク < I like the setting in this novel, 6 (?) schools going against one another with a ranking system within. Seems like they can expand on this further down the road~
Divine Blade Successor? Were you referring to 聖剣使いの禁呪詠唱, or something else? Just asking out of curiosity, as I've been reading あるいは現在進行形の黒歴史 these past few days (which is also done by the same author behind 聖剣使いの禁呪詠唱).
Old 2013-01-30, 06:11   Link #763
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

O I thought Divine Blade's Successor was 剣神の継承者
Old 2013-01-30, 06:18   Link #764
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Oh so you were indeed referring to a different series, since 剣神の継承者 is the one published by MF Bunko. I was thinking of getting that series, but I'm still on the fence about it...
Old 2013-01-30, 06:21   Link #765
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisphere View Post
Oh so you were indeed referring to a different series, since 剣神の継承者 is the one published by MF Bunko. I was thinking of getting that series, but I'm still on the fence about it...
Only read the first two volume, it's a so-so series for me but I would recommend it if you have nothing to read though =P
Old 2013-01-30, 06:27   Link #766
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Only read the first two volume, it's a so-so series for me but I would recommend it if you have nothing to read though =P
Ah. I'll abstain then, since I have a ton of stuff to read. Not to mention that with 黒鋼の魔紋修復士5 and 聖剣使いの禁呪詠唱2 coming out on February, and Date A Live 7 and Saenai 3 on March, my backlog is pretty much packed!
Old 2013-01-30, 06:30   Link #767
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Ah. I'll abstain then, since I have a ton of stuff to read. Not to mention that with 黒鋼の魔紋修復士5 and 聖剣使いの禁呪詠唱2 coming out on February, and Date A Live 7 and Saenai 3 on March, my backlog is pretty much packed!
Saenai? How is 聖剣使いの禁呪詠唱, it seem like vol 1 is almost done translating in chinese, and the synopsis seem pretty interesting XD
Old 2013-01-30, 06:36   Link #768
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Saenai is 冴えない彼女の育てかた. It's pretty interesting, though only two volumes so far, and both go for less than 270 pages each. Very light reading!

Unfortunately I haven't read 聖剣使いの禁呪詠唱 yet, but according to the reviews here, it struck me as interesting.
Old 2013-01-30, 06:42   Link #769
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Saenai is 冴えない彼女の育てかた. It's pretty interesting, though only two volumes so far, and both go for less than 270 pages each. Very light reading!

Unfortunately I haven't read 聖剣使いの禁呪詠唱 yet, but according to the reviews here, it struck me as interesting.
O 冴えない彼女の育てかた vol 1 is translated guess I'll give that a try ^^ the art by Kurehito Misaki really caught my eyes XD
Old 2013-01-31, 17:51   Link #770
blackwhite67
Banned

聖剣使いの禁呪詠唱 looks a lot like Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance only a lot more mature and...developed. The main heroine looks way hotter and less aggressive/annoying.

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2013-01-31 at 20:13.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 20:06   Link #771
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
聖剣使いの禁呪詠唱 looks a lot like Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance only a lot more mature and...developed. The main heroine looks waty hotter and less aggressive/annoying.
The synopsis gave me a completely different feel from seirei though~
Old 2013-01-31, 20:15   Link #772
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
The synopsis gave me a completely different feel from seirei though~
How so? I know there's no Est and that hairstyle is new for an MC, but the characters are a dead giveaway.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 23:21   Link #773
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
How so? I know there's no Est and that hairstyle is new for an MC, but the characters are a dead giveaway.
What.....how so........I honestly can't find similarities between this and Seirei, beside the fantasy academy setting.
Old 2013-02-03, 06:19   Link #774
n0m@n
C-Z

What ever you do, don't buy Hakugin no Xestmarg(MF Bunko)...
I was looking forward to it since it's a mecha LN and was expecting something awesome.
It ended up quite plain and dull. It uses flashy moves for the attacks for the main robot(Xestmarg )but in terms of story and characters, it was really weak.
Old 2013-02-03, 09:26   Link #775
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Saw 盟約のリヴァイアサン (Meiyaku no Leviathan), a new series by the same author behind Campione, published by MF Bunko. It's got good reviews (Amazon/読書meter), so I'm thinking of picking it up...
Old 2013-02-19, 07:03   Link #776
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Saw 盟約のリヴァイアサン (Meiyaku no Leviathan), a new series by the same author behind Campione, published by MF Bunko. It's got good reviews (Amazon/読書meter), so I'm thinking of picking it up...
O i read vol 1 of it, setting was decent, seem like it can turn into a good story, I can't tell much at this point tho <3 and as always it's a harem!
Old 2013-02-19, 07:22   Link #777
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Well, it's pretty interesting from what little I've read of it so far. And since its from an author with experience, I'm sure the direction it will take will be for the better.

And on that note, Volume 2 will be out next month!
Old 2013-02-19, 17:25   Link #778
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Well, it's pretty interesting from what little I've read of it so far. And since its from an author with experience, I'm sure the direction it will take will be for the better.

And on that note, Volume 2 will be out next month!
Ya I agree it's interesting but for me it just didn't have the "Impact" on me, like it's good, but not great, well at least volume 1 gave me that feeling <3 I look forward to vol 2 tho
Old 2013-02-19, 17:32   Link #779
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
The same author as Campione, huh? I love Campione, so I'll have to keep my eye on this.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 18:07   Link #780
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Meiyaku no Leviathan, first god slaying and now dragon slaying? lol

Tags
light novels