AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 17 11.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 50 34.97%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 56 39.16%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 11.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.10%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.70%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-30, 14:23   Link #41
SimplyEd
Claytard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
I surmise that a 14 year old doesn't know much about being a man (no matter what anime says), espcially since his relatives all died by youma. ^^;

Spoiler for :
Hehe

Spoiler for Cryptic joke, not for the faint of heart:
Old 2007-05-30, 14:30   Link #42
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

What abour Rubel? He needs love too...Who volunters?!

Have you realized that he did not age, at all, during the time skip?

Either Clare aged faster due to her Claymore training or he be a ZOMBIE!!
Old 2007-05-30, 14:41   Link #43
HinaThePrince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiled one View Post
He's adorable, indeed. I'll take him! And Ilene, and Helen, and Deneve... hmm.

Quote:
I'm betting more like a
Spoiler for this is probably a manga spoiler, I think:
Old 2007-05-30, 14:50   Link #44
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

To tell you the truth, I have no idea what he is.
Old 2007-05-30, 14:53   Link #45
LCeh

Couple things I especially noted as I watched the episode:

First part of the episode was wonderfully paced. It was the duller section of the episode, since it was more about their mission and giving out background information about the Claymore world, but Madhouse did a great job of keeping things quick paced and to the point. That's how you make an exciting episode.

Second thing I took note was the animation between the Miria and Clare swordfight. Like many have said, probably the best animated fight up to date. The quick paced movements and the sound effects really made them seem strong.
Old 2007-05-30, 14:55   Link #46
LilleNisse

Quote:

Have you realized that he did not age, at all, during the time skip?

Lover for Rubel ey...

And for the age thing, all I can say is, the right makeup and skincare products so make wonders right Rubel?

Ok seriously now.
I havent read the manga nor am I planing to so I dont know whats true about Rubel and not. Or anything ells for that matter, these are all asumptions and thoughts of the episode. But im guesing there is more to him then we yet know in the anime. Which shod explain why he still looks the same. I think there is somthing with him. Since in this episode, we have a male awakened being. And I still havent fully grasped the whole "how you become a yuoma" so im guesing even males sortof are able to "awaken".

I just loved the whole new set of Claymores that got introduced. Sure hope they do stick around longer then those we have enconterd .
Im so looking forward to episode 10. Im hoping to see more of Clare in action. And I do think she will show abit more "power" then they think number 47 would have

As for the episode. Gave it a 9. Got to know abit more about the whole numbers ranking system the "claymores" have. And the fighting scene, I almost started to shake of excitment from seeing that. The animations were just... magnificent.

This show is just pulling me in more and more
Old 2007-05-30, 15:05   Link #47
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Helen still continues to be my "Raki fiend" Donīt trust her ways, she looks mischevious.

Parents! Lock up your sons and daughters cause Helen, is in town!!
Old 2007-05-30, 15:07   Link #48
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

Very glad they got the bit with Clare approaching the collector in here, and it worked very well as the intro. Only thing that felt 'wrong' there was the sudden transition to the isolated rocky hill. What reason was there to not have Clare make her speech right in the middle of town?

Loved the sword fight. Definitely showed a difference in scale between Clare's usual fights and the superhuman fights with Teresa. Miria seemed to keep blurring as she moved around, showing that she was moving significantly faster than Clare, who usually fights at something closer to normal human speed (ie: we can actually 'see' her move). At the same time they're not moving fast enough to have to use static images or massive overlayed 'echo' images the way the Claymore 'gods' who were fighting last episode did.

Cringe-worthy music: the intro to Clare's dream. While I don't mind the more classical feel to the background music during the dream, the intro felt like the battle music for a cheesy video game. I'll also agree with Hina somewhat, in that the movements of Teresa in the dream didn't quite seem as graceful as they should have. Of course that could be explained as being Clare's imagining of Teresa's movements not matching up with Teresa's true skill, but limited to Clare's own actual skill.

I have no problem with how Raki behaved, other than the slight lagging behind at the start which seemed to only be so they could add a few extra seconds to the runtime. He now understands Clare's strength relative to the other Claymores, and he was already worried about her being too impetuous in trying to fight one, so it's a significant worry for him.

The scene with the money was a simple attempt to try to make sure Clare had a reason to come back to get him. Clare knows that such incentives are meaningless; she has every intention of coming back, and barring any unfortunate circumstances (dead, captured, pinned under a boulder, fell into the river and lost her memory, her head chopped off and used as a tour bus guide, etc; you know, the usual stuff) she will be coming back. A little attempt to knock some sense into him, and grow up and trust her.

Voice work was excellent, though I thought Clare herself actually felt a little bit off. Could be because it's been several episodes since I've heard her. Backgrounds were beautiful, as usual, and I think they've reached a new high with the river valley scenes.
Old 2007-05-30, 15:17   Link #49
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyEd View Post
Hehe

Spoiler for Cryptic joke, not for the faint of heart:
@ SimplyED ...True, oh so true. Noel does have very strong legs......room must be on ground level.

I can see it now, a mob running from Helen and a mob running to Helen. And it's not like she's Helen of Troy either.
I'm putting odds 2-to-1 that Helen 'gets' Raki before Clare does. *evil laugh*

It's sad that I caught this anime right when it came out for now I must suffer (along with the good folks who frequent this forum) for yet another week for more of our girls.
Old 2007-05-30, 15:20   Link #50
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

IOL I just realized something!

In 19:52. After Clare gets beaten and awakes from her slumber, she`s follows them from behind while "smiling" ?

Does it look like she is smiling? If so.. Why? -_-
Old 2007-05-30, 15:39   Link #51
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

I'm glad they kept the opening scene. I'm not so happy that they left out an important line, in my opinion, for that scene.

Have to say Helen, Deneve, and Miria were well portrayed and the sparring scene was nicely done.

Raki is rather annoying though, much more so than in the manga... Must be the voice.

Looking forward to next week's episode.
Old 2007-05-30, 16:05   Link #52
Adam E
Riskbreaker

I gave it a 9/10 since I thought it was quite good for a transition episode. Animation, backgrounds, voice-acting, music, and pacing were all well above average, in my opinion; I thought it was only lacking the emotional punch of the last few episodes. I think some people may have given it a lower rating more because it's on the heels of the best episode of Claymore, so far, instead of any major flaws in the episode.

I still don't get why some people find Raki so annoying. As for the music playing during the dream sequence, that seems to be Teresa's theme, so I think it will probably play during most scenes involving her.
Old 2007-05-30, 16:45   Link #53
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilleNisse View Post
Since in this episode, we have a male awakened being. And I still havent fully grasped the whole "how you become a yuoma" so im guesing even males sortof are able to "awaken".
It seems you are missing something important if this puzzles you. Claymores are all women. We have been told that Awakened Ones are former Claymores. That's why it might be surprising for a male to "awaken".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinematics View Post
Very glad they got the bit with Clare approaching the collector in here, and it worked very well as the intro. Only thing that felt 'wrong' there was the sudden transition to the isolated rocky hill. What reason was there to not have Clare make her speech right in the middle of town?
We got another awesome vista and you need an excuse for it?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-05-30, 16:52   Link #54
IMSabbel

Quote:
IOL I just realized something!

In 19:52. After Clare gets beaten and awakes from her slumber, she`s follows them from behind while "smiling" ?

Does it look like she is smiling? If so.. Why? -_-
Maybe because she dreamed fo theresa in action (i.e. not her dead, but how graceful she was alive)?
Old 2007-05-30, 16:56   Link #55
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Right....

Anyways Clare was pissed as hell when Hellen said she was quiet because Raki wasnīt there to warm her body
Old 2007-05-30, 17:03   Link #56
ImClueless
Rawr

Waaaa Clare is the weakest of them all? Is this where the cliched shounen elements start poping up where Clare is now gonna discover untapped potential within herself and start delivering the smack down?
Old 2007-05-30, 17:16   Link #57
killer3000ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImClueless View Post
Waaaa Clare is the weakest of them all? Is this where the cliched shounen elements start poping up where Clare is now gonna discover untapped potential within herself and start delivering the smack down?
I'd prefer that than having her being overpowered from the beginning ala Fist of the North Star.
Old 2007-05-30, 17:20   Link #58
Mandrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMSabbel View Post
Maybe because she dreamed fo theresa in action (i.e. not her dead, but how graceful she was alive)?
That was definatly a smile, no shadows playing tricks. And probably yes, her dreaming of Teresa changed her mood for the better
Old 2007-05-30, 17:22   Link #59
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImClueless View Post

No...This is the time Clare gets targeted by a lot of powerfull Claymores because they like her smell

If you can`t win, conquer their hearts.
Old 2007-05-30, 17:48   Link #60
Jerseykid

Woo the plot is back on track.
Closed Thread