Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2006-01-26, 23:10   Link #1
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Sony DVD-R media driving me nuts, HELP.

So I picked up some 1x-8x DVD-R media today.

a 10 pack

I went to burn the first disk, and it won't burn faster than 1x. Since I didn't have to use the PC for awhile, I let it be.

But after an hour, I came back to find out the burn completed in Nero, but is a is dead towards the outer disk.

The first files on the disk are readable, but about 3/4 of the way out.

I went to burn a second disk, but it still would only offer 1x write speeds. I didn't burn the disk, loaded up the Nero info tool, and it states the media is ony capable of 1x speeds, when it should be 8x capable.

So I don't know what to do, I cna't take the pack of disks back to the store since I burned one of them, and its to late to call sony.

ANyone have any ideas? Any known problems with Sonys new Accucore DVD-R disks? any conflicts with the latest version of Nero 6? with Lite on Drives?

I need to get this data off my HDD, don't have enough room open anymore... less than a gig.
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 23:36   Link #2
reflection
gyabo!~

Send a message via MSN to reflection
Coincidence or not, I'm probably using exactly all of what you have and I don't have any problems with it. Are you running a LiteOn SOHW-1693S and using the OEM Nero that came with it? I bought my Sony DVD-Rs (w/ AccuCORE) in a cake of 50, though. I'm not technically savvy for this area, so I can't pinpoint what you're problem may be besides that you might just be unlucky with the 10-pack.
Old 2006-01-26, 23:37   Link #3
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
please ignore this thread

I am a total idiot, Missed firmware update for my drive that fixed this very problem.

God I need to get more sleep, operating on 4 hours every 2 days isn't enough for me, damn insomnia >_>;;

Feel free to flame me for my total and brilliant stupidity.
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote