*Author

Khajits and companion followers ... per Threepanelsoul

http://threepanelsoul.com/2011/12/13/on-followers/
Old 2011-12-17, 19:30   Link #1703
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
-After challenging the stable owner of Riften to a fistfight, I ended up punching one of the horses instead and he called off the fight because I cheated.
My favorite part about that guy is how after you beat him up he'll say "You've been a good friend to me, that means a lot". I also had another fun brawl experience, was fighting a guy in Markarth and one of the guys watching the fight decided to get a closer look. Ended up punching him by accident and getting a bounty. Oops.

I have another one I discovered today but it involves possible major spoilers for the Dark Brotherhood and Civil War questline:

Spoiler for Dark Brotherhood and Civil War Quest Spoilers:
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 03:16   Link #1704
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

lol at the amount of videos circling Fus Ro Dah:

Old 2011-12-18, 03:59   Link #1705
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I was in a subway train densely packed with people, had an urge to FUS RO DAH. I think I need to seek help.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 04:09   Link #1706
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

So I just got my Nightingale Armour and it looks really cool, but still inferior to my upgraded Dragonscales Armour (non-overpowered-version).

In fact, there's hardly any loot that can match DIY gears, even without doing the Alchemy-Enchanting loop -_- Mainly because most special gears you can't improve them as much as your DIY gears.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 04:37   Link #1707
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
So I just got my Nightingale Armour and it looks really cool, but still inferior to my upgraded Dragonscales Armour (non-overpowered-version).

In fact, there's hardly any loot that can match DIY gears, even without doing the Alchemy-Enchanting loop -_- Mainly because most special gears you can't improve them as much as your DIY gears.
nightingale armor is leveled loot.
Old 2011-12-18, 05:19   Link #1708
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
nightingale armor is leveled loot.
...Is that a good or bad thing?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 05:22   Link #1709
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...Is that a good or bad thing?
Both. If you get it early its pretty weak, but if you get it when you are in the 45s it would be pretty strong.
Old 2011-12-18, 06:11   Link #1710
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Crafted armor also tends to be stronger because the idea behind it was that it would be very hard to level, since the ore gets progressively more costly and harder to find.

The fact that you can level to 100 with the dirt-cheap iron gear pretty much negates any notion of difficulty though.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 12:42   Link #1711
Haladflire65
*Artist

So my first character was a Nord, just the generic heavy-armour-with-sword build, and I got a bit bored of him (even though I didn't get through much of the game, as I was playing during the busiest time of the school year I only finished the Civil War questline on the Stormcloaks' side, just finished the Thalmor embassy quest and did a couple Companions ones). He's a werewolf and I had a ton of fun with that

And then I decided to try doing a sneak character and just used an Argonian save I had lying around... then got addicted to Skyrim all over again! I'm astonished at how much more fun sneaking is than charging in with weapons swinging! I joined the Dark Brotherhood as soon as I could, and then the Thieves Guild, both factions are so much fun! I've barely touched the main quest... I'm just trying to get used to being a bad guy and getting bad rep from the NPCs, as my Nord was a pretty straight good guy (except for in the Molag Bal quest)
Old 2011-12-18, 17:52   Link #1712
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post

And then I decided to try doing a sneak character and just used an Argonian save I had lying around... then got addicted to Skyrim all over again! I'm astonished at how much more fun sneaking is than charging in with weapons swinging! I joined the Dark Brotherhood as soon as I could, and then the Thieves Guild, both factions are so much fun! I've barely touched the main quest... I'm just trying to get used to being a bad guy and getting bad rep from the NPCs, as my Nord was a pretty straight good guy (except for in the Molag Bal quest)
It was pretty interesting joining those guilds as a character who doesn't sneak. Let's just say it involved a lot of running from guards and bounty payments (I could have killed them all but I'd prefer to not have a bounty in the tens of thousands). I came up with some "creative" ways to kill people though, such as standing next to them when a dragon happened to be attacking.

On the subject of loot/crafting, I pretty much never used any found or rewarded loot throughout the entire game. As a melee character, smithing-improved items were always better for me than any enchanted items I found, and when I got the perk in smithing to be able to improve enchanted items, what I could make tended to always be higher level than what I could find, culminating in a 400-power battleaxe and a set of daedric armor that gave me over 1000 armor rating. I basically stopped looting anything at all at that point.
Old 2011-12-18, 18:06   Link #1713
GDB

So, quick question. What other sorts of quests are out there that give amazing rewards, like the Black Star/Azura's Star quest and the Sybil of whatever that god's name is where it gives you a permanent damage bonus to the opposite gender?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 18:08   Link #1714
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
It was pretty interesting joining those guilds as a character who doesn't sneak. Let's just say it involved a lot of running from guards and bounty payments (I could have killed them all but I'd prefer to not have a bounty in the tens of thousands). I came up with some "creative" ways to kill people though, such as standing next to them when a dragon happened to be attacking.
I don't even know how I'd be able to pull something like that off! I'll probably be joining those guilds as my Nord eventually so I think I'll be doing a lot of running and using the whole "I'm the Thane" line

It's a bit random, but in your opinion, is playing as a mage as fun as, let's say, the thief/assassin build? I honestly didn't find magic as cool as sneak killing enemies, especially in the beginning of the game when I only had the starting spells. I suppose I'm just kind of overwhelmed with the enchanting and magic in the game, which is why I've gone for mostly non-magic users. I mean, there're so many schools in magic and I haven't even tried enchanting...

Yep, Skyrim newb here
Old 2011-12-18, 18:42   Link #1715
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
I don't even know how I'd be able to pull something like that off! I'll probably be joining those guilds as my Nord eventually so I think I'll be doing a lot of running and using the whole "I'm the Thane" line

It's a bit random, but in your opinion, is playing as a mage as fun as, let's say, the thief/assassin build? I honestly didn't find magic as cool as sneak killing enemies, especially in the beginning of the game when I only had the starting spells. I suppose I'm just kind of overwhelmed with the enchanting and magic in the game, which is why I've gone for mostly non-magic users. I mean, there're so many schools in magic and I haven't even tried enchanting...

Yep, Skyrim newb here
I can't speak much for mages as I have spent 180 hours on just my pure melee character but I can definitely vouch that Enchanting is very powerful and is not exclusive for magic users. Part of the reason my weapons were so powerful was because I had 4 pieces of armor enchanted to give me +40% damage to 2-handed weapons each. Enchanting can increase your power exponentially and it's really easy to level alongside Smithing. Just make a million Iron Daggers or Hide Bracers and enchant them all before selling. It even funds itself so you can buy more and continue the cycle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB
So, quick question. What other sorts of quests are out there that give amazing rewards, like the Black Star/Azura's Star quest and the Sybil of whatever that god's name is where it gives you a permanent damage bonus to the opposite gender?
Most of the daedric quests give you pretty good rewards if you're willing to be a... "less than upstanding citizen". In particular the one in Septimus Signus' Outpost and the one in the Solitude palace just for being crazy awesome. You can also get a permanent alchemy buff that gives you the chance for 2 potions instead of 1 whenever you make one, for doing the Crimson Nirnroot questline in Blackreach. Also, not really a questline, but many of the masks dropped by the Dragon Priests are pretty powerful depending on what type of character you're playing.
Old 2011-12-18, 20:51   Link #1716
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Euuuh... Can one of you guys help? I'm stuck with a seriously game-destroying glitch here. I'm trying to open up that face in the wall for the Access Sky Haven mission in Alduin's Wall, but Delphine and Esbern have vanished from Skyrim! I can't find them anywhere. I've gone back to all places they've been at before, fast-traveled... But they never show up!

Help?
Old 2011-12-18, 20:52   Link #1717
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Euuuh... Can one of you guys help? I'm stuck with a seriously game-destroying glitch here. I'm trying to open up that face in the wall for the Access Sky Haven mission in Alduin's Wall, but Delphine and Esbern have vanished from Skyrim! I can't find them anywhere. I've gone back to all places they've been at before, fast-traveled... But they never show up!

Help?
i pray you saved before that part
Old 2011-12-18, 21:02   Link #1718
Asuras
Dictadere~!

ಠ_ಠ

You're kidding.
Old 2011-12-18, 21:30   Link #1719
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
ಠ_ಠ

You're kidding.
No, I'm not... happened to me and even the console cheat to get them to where you are they just stood around.

I had to restart hours of gameplay, since then I saved after any major quest.
Old 2011-12-18, 21:37   Link #1720
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Well fuck me.

And I thought Dark Souls pissed me off.

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim