AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-06, 15:23   Link #1
WolfbladeM

Movie with a char development

Im loking for a movie where the main char (male) develops over series.
Possibly going from lame to badass. I liked Youth in Revolt, and Scott Piligrim vs The World. Both have deep meaning and really bring you into a character.
Old 2010-11-06, 15:44   Link #2
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I recommend Summer Wars and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (Moreso in the latter than the former)
Old 2010-11-06, 17:59   Link #3
JRendell
Manga Addict

I second both suggestions that Haak made.

I myself propose;

Clannad - one of the best example which shows character development for me, especially when you combine it with the second season.
Phanton ~Requiem for the Phantom~ - lame to badass, in a sense. Fit's the bill perfectly imo.
RahXephon - lame to badass, although the plot is rather hard to follow (from a personal point of view).
Old 2010-11-06, 18:43   Link #4
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRendell View Post
I second both suggestions that Haak made.

I myself propose;

Clannad - one of the best example which shows character development for me, especially when you combine it with the second season.
Phanton ~Requiem for the Phantom~ - lame to badass, in a sense. Fit's the bill perfectly imo.
RahXephon - lame to badass, although the plot is rather hard to follow (from a personal point of view).
The OP asked for films, not TV shows.

I'll recommend the Time of Eve film.
Old 2010-11-06, 18:52   Link #5
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

Send a message via AIM to thevil1
Kurokami - Plot Summary: In this world, there are three identical looking people in existence who split between them an energy-like force called “Terra.” This energy can be attributed to the amount of “Luck” or “Life Energy” that an individual possesses. There also exists beings who observe the human world, maintaining the balance of Terra, known as the “Coexistence Equilibrium.” These beings possess ability that surpass that of a normal human being and reside in hiding in places known as the “Pure Place” in tribes. They are called the Terra Guardians. This is a tale of battle that begins with a chance meeting between a human boy named Keita and a young Tera Guardian girl named Kuro.
Old 2010-11-06, 18:54   Link #6
JRendell
Manga Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The OP asked for films, not TV shows.
Balls. Still, they're worth checking out Sorry OP!
Old 2010-11-06, 19:14   Link #7
GreatTeacherKen

The two Gurren Lagann movies, Guren-hen and Lagann-hen. The two films basically follow the story of the TV series so if you've seen the series, you know how it goes and the hero's character development plays out the same way (scared, insecure kid --> bad ass inspirational leader).

The first film is close to the first half of the original TV series except for the last battle, which is completely new. The second film (which adapts the 2nd half of the series) makes more significant changes though the basic story is still the same. The 2nd movie is at least worth watching for the final battle alone, which is even more over the top and epic than the original series'.
Old 2010-11-07, 08:15   Link #8
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
How about Mind Game ?
Old 2010-11-07, 22:12   Link #9
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

The movie series Broken Blade (or Break Blade), I think fits the suggestion as the main character is pretty much useless at first but when he finds Mr. Big O (joke, just trying to steer away from spoilers :P) he becomes bad-ass! Haha

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
Closed Thread