AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-11-24, 23:08   Link #61
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam Meister View Post
I was thinking could Touma cancel out a barrier jacket using Imagine Breaker
Sigh, probably yes -_-

But i wonder what will happen then, unlike Index, the Nanohaverse mages have their original clothes hidden somewhere and we've seen some instances when a mage is left uncouncsious their barrier jackets dissapear and are replaced by their normal clothes so probably Touma's hand will just revert the RF6 mages to their normal clothes.

EDIT: Page claimed for dignity ....and Signum xD!

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 23:23   Link #62
Justin_Brett

Overpowered characters with anti-magic = unacceptable

Underpowered character with anti-magic = also unacceptable
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 23:28   Link #63
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Overpowered characters with anti-magic = unacceptable

Underpowered character with anti-magic = also unacceptable
Thumbs up, pal xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-11-24, 23:34   Link #64
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Touma? Overly-Long-Speech Boy only has normal human reflexes. As soon as they found out that his anti-magic only extends to his right arm, he's screwed - blow up the road surrounding him, collapse a building to his way, get boulders above him and let gravity do the work, etc.

Spoiler for :
Old 2011-11-24, 23:36   Link #65
Sunder the Gold

In a crossover featuring Touma, there's the uncomfortable question of what happens if he touches people like Arf or the Wolkenritter, whom were made through magical practices.

Clones and cyborgs would be fine (as the Misaka Sisters show), but familiars and living programs might be unraveled into nothing from just a casual touch.

I'm not even talking about a fight, I'm talking about a friendly casual touch that no one realizes might murder someone.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 23:39   Link #66
Justin_Brett

Did he ever zap a familiar like that in the show?
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 23:40   Link #67
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

^^ DAMN!

Nanoha: Thanks for everything Touma-kun
Vita: Yeah, way to go skinny! *pats Touma's back*
Touma: Ha-ha! You too little one *pats Vita back with the WRONG hand*
Vita: *blak eyes* aghh...w-what's hap-
Nanoha: Vita? .....VITAAAAAA!!!!!

Touma, you murderer T-T

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-11-24, 23:52   Link #68
J the Drafter

First off, Green Lantern can use his ring against yellow just fine, as demonstrated in his fights with Sinestro. The yellow pudding thing was a one-off event, perhaps intended as an homage.

The issue with Flash's unrepeatable run-around-the-world feat is not that he endangered his life, but that he disappeared into the Speed Force as a result and was so entranced once inside that he had to be pulled out by his teammates.

Edit: Hawkgirl's mace disrupts magic. Dr.Fate explains that it's made of nth metal and designed to fight the magical creatures that used to live on thanagar.
Superman: “You know what, Ein? Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us into something better. And on my soul, I swear — until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice becomes the reality we all share — I'll never stop fighting. Ever.”

“Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom” and “Superman vs. the Elite”

(Mostly accurate dialogue, but with a little editing to make it mesh better.)

Last edited by J the Drafter; 2011-11-24 at 23:58. Reason: Adding info
J the Drafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 23:53   Link #69
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
IIRC he can't Trace electronics, let alone Devices, without frying his brains out.
"Trace" is the word he chants as a focus, but it's not the name for what he does, which is two seperate things called Structural Analysis and Projection.

He can structurally analyze anything, including organic lifeforms, just by looking at them. (Any weapon seen is immediately and completely recorded.)

I don't recall whether he's incapable of creating copies of electronic machines, or even relative simple machines like guns.

I do know that even if he IS capable of it, it would be far more difficult and expensive for him, since his Reality Marble is specialized in swords. He finds swords and other forms of simple melee weapons easier than anything else.

Of course, he's incapable of projecting organic matter.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 00:12   Link #70
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
"Trace" is the word he chants as a focus, but it's not the name for what he does, which is two seperate things called Structural Analysis and Projection.

He can structurally analyze anything, including organic lifeforms, just by looking at them. (Any weapon seen is immediately and completely recorded.)

I don't recall whether he's incapable of creating copies of electronic machines, or even relative simple machines like guns.

I do know that even if he IS capable of it, it would be far more difficult and expensive for him, since his Reality Marble is specialized in swords. He finds swords and other forms of simple melee weapons easier than anything else.

Of course, he's incapable of projecting organic matter.
But I wonder if he can copy Signum's sword and do what he wants with it.

Anyway I still think he could try using Tsubame Gaeshi using that long katana of Assassin's or simply bombard Signum with swords (better if it's exploding swords).
Old 2011-11-25, 00:12   Link #71
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J the Drafter View Post
First off, Green Lantern can use his ring against yellow just fine, as demonstrated in his fights with Sinestro. The yellow pudding thing was a one-off event, perhaps intended as an homage.
The yellow thing is more or less connected to the willpower Jhon Stewart is putting up at the moment, the pudding was just an example, yellow objects have passed through his constructs a handful of times except when he's putting all his effot into it, like, for example, fighting against Sinestro.

Quote:
The issue with Flash's unrepeatable run-around-the-world feat is not that he endangered his life, but that he disappeared into the Speed Force as a result and was so entranced once inside that he had to be pulled out by his teammates.
Which is almost the same as dying xDU

Quote:
Edit: Hawkgirl's mace disrupts magic. Dr.Fate explains that it's made of nth metal and designed to fight the magical creatures that used to live on thanagar.
Then she will have an edge against the Nanohaverse mages but not so much against the Hucks, aside of the electric sphere thing that mace can't do much against a Huckebein.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-11-25, 00:31   Link #72
J the Drafter

I don't recall John having any trouble with yellow in the cartoon aside from that pudding. The weakness is also never formally acknowledged. Writers should probably just do what they feel most comfortable with, but the yellow weakness doesn't seem to exist for the animated Lanterns.
Superman: “You know what, Ein? Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us into something better. And on my soul, I swear — until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice becomes the reality we all share — I'll never stop fighting. Ever.”

“Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom” and “Superman vs. the Elite”

(Mostly accurate dialogue, but with a little editing to make it mesh better.)
J the Drafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 00:34   Link #73
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
I don't recall John having any trouble with yellow in the cartoon aside from that pudding. The weakness is also never formally acknowledged. Writers should probably just do what they feel most comfortable with, but the yellow weakness doesn't seem to exist for the animated Lanterns.
Not that it matters but, Golden Amazo passed through ALL of them like nothing xD!

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-11-25, 00:35   Link #74
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Hurricane View Post
2. Sayaka vs Cypha (high regenerative)
I'd rather have Sayaka vs Curren because both are bluehead swordswomen.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 01:11   Link #75
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam Meister View Post
To Aru Majutsu No Index x Nanohaverse

The TSAB discover the To Aru Majutsu No Index verse during the events of volume 4 after sensing the activation of the Angel Fall spell and then they send RF6 to investigate it
U want to know what will happen? Touma will gain another harem outside of the Index universe. He's got one in Touhou (collapse of eastern fantasy) and Madoka (Mami and Sayaka).

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 02:12   Link #76
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
"Trace" is the word he chants as a focus
Ack, sorry about that. Old, incorrect habits die hard.

Quote:
or even relative simple machines like guns.
The last time I ask, the answer was "highly improbable"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
But I wonder if he can copy Signum's sword and do what he wants with it.
Probably not. He can Project the blade but the rest - cartridge system, the onboard computers, all the parts needed for the alternate forms (Schlangebeißen and Sturmfalken) - are beyond his limit.

Do remember that while he can Project Caliburn he rarely does so, preferring the less powerful yet simpler Kansho and Byakuya. Instead of Projecting Levantine, it would be more feasible for him to simply create a legendary sword or sword-turned arrow or...whatever legendary whips are there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Did he ever zap a familiar like that in the show?
Did he ever touched the angel in season one? My memory about the whole series is a bit hazy
Old 2011-11-25, 02:52   Link #77
zerodragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempy View Post
All this talk reminds me of the fic I had written, but never finished. A bizarre Naruto-Nanoha-Warhammer40k fic that never got past the first season. A shame, though. I still have the notes for when it gets past A's, the grimdark ramps up to hell.
HOLD ON A SECOND, are you taking about Kara no Kyokai: The Borderline to Emptiness, that was my favorite, if that was you, why did you stop?

Last edited by zerodragon; 2011-11-25 at 02:55. Reason: misspelling
zerodragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 03:03   Link #78
YF19EX

Long time lurker. I have been enjoying much of AS's writers and fan fiction over the past few months. The versatility of the writing and entertainment with the balance you guys bring to the characters has been something I enjoy out of this group. On that end, although I am not a writer, there was one thing I would like to see a crossover.

The Macross Universe

Several premises (none original but with potential)

An SDF class ship gets lost in a freak trans dimensional accident and winds up in the Nanoha universe. The goal of the crew is to find their away home. (Think Voyager style journey in another dimension) Naturally they are going to run into the TSAB at some point. How that would work into either conflict or an alliance would be up the writer. I would like to see them more cooperate in trying to get them home in someway. That would then require a common enemy...

Or on a long range Lost Logia expedition the TSAB find said Macross Class ship abandoned on an non administered world. The mages on expedition lose their original ship to an unknown enemy and the expedition crew will have to activate the SDF and use her to get home while learning about the ship, its secrets, its origin etc. Long range communications are down and the fold drive is inoperable or incapable or long range folds. It could be months or years to get into communications range...

I would probably be working from the Macross Frontier timeline but using an older SDF Macross Class ship (as Kawamori has decided that the Macross was not the only ship of her class after all). But she would have all the modern armaments probably up till the VF19 or even the roll out of the VF25 as new complement of fighters.

The Macross side would probably require a slew of original characters unless one wants to incorporate some of the Macross universe. I know this group has enough versatility to probably write out a good group of OC's that could interact with the Nanoha group.

If working with the Nanoha only story if finding an abandoned Macross Fortress, you can using OC's or original characters while playing up their interactions with the equipment from the Macross world.

Anyhow, its just something floating in my head. Where Nanoha would be more compatible in terms of one one one character interactions in similar universes such as Negima, Fate Stay etc, this one would probably prove a bit harder. I am sure my premise alone has plenty of holes in it that would require some explanation or proper plot device to sound reasonable to a writer. But if anyone would anyone like to run with it, it could be interesting...
YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 03:40   Link #79
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodragon View Post
HOLD ON A SECOND, are you taking about Kara no Kyokai: The Borderline to Emptiness, that was my favorite, if that was you, why did you stop?
Yep. That was me.

I gradually lost steam for it, which seems to happen a lot nowadays when it doesn't concern real life. Maybe, someday, I'll get back to it.
Old 2011-11-25, 04:04   Link #80
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Ack, sorry about that. Old, incorrect habits die hard.

The last time I ask, the answer was "highly improbable"

Probably not. He can Project the blade but the rest - cartridge system, the onboard computers, all the parts needed for the alternate forms (Schlangebeißen and Sturmfalken) - are beyond his limit.

Do remember that while he can Project Caliburn he rarely does so, preferring the less powerful yet simpler Kansho and Byakuya. Instead of Projecting Levantine, it would be more feasible for him to simply create a legendary sword or sword-turned arrow or...whatever legendary whips are there

Did he ever touched the angel in season one? My memory about the whole series is a bit hazy
Yeah... Projecting that sword costs a lot. I'd make an original character with projection but without a limit to what he can make xD (except for his skills, stats (except magic power) and the lack of a provider [Servant becomes more perfect if three specific commands + 3 Command Spells are used])