AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-09-20, 03:03   Link #2861
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Jungle Amumu....played a normal game this week with him, got completely dominated by this lee sin with 2k elo....couldn't do anything, counter ganked me twice and caught me in my jungle so often.....sad game...
Old 2012-09-20, 04:25   Link #2862
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Shyvana, Udyr and Lee Sin are aggressive junglers and will invade yours - and you should if you use them. You have to be ready for it or ward for it.
Old 2012-09-20, 04:58   Link #2863
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

@DragoonKain

Not to dishearten you but placement matches go way more smoothly than when you're finally ranked. I went 8/2 on mine but then hell kicked in. Wish you good luck to make it though.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 09:44   Link #2864
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

My last 10 matches: (from most distant to most recent) (normal draft, still shoring up what I feel confident enough to use on ranked)

Miss Fortune - 10-3-8, win. Paired with Amumu bot. Made quick work of Graves/Soraka combo. In team fights enemy Xin Zhao got me but Amumu ended up getting fed too and a surrender came out a bit after 20.

Miss Fortune - 13-1-10, win. Paired up with another Amumu. This time beat the heck out of a Caitlyn and Blitzcrank. Only death came from Rengar finally reaching me and going all out about 1 minute before I got my GA. Next push I just unleashed hell in reply.

Sona - 4-4-10, loss. Well...Ezreal was d/c for over 1/3 of the match. Nothing I could do about this one. I did grind it out so I didn't lower my own colours, but that damn Ez...him missing about 8 levels let the enemy MF just freefarm with Alistair chaperoning her.

Gragas - 4-0-0, win. This one was weird. I versed Diana in mid and took Gragas as a counter. Our first couple of dices, I nearly got her then she nearly got me. After that, I just kept guessing movements right with barrels and just bruted my way through mid then picked up a double kill down bot. Diana then rage quitted, then no one wanted to fight me...ended up having to content myself pushing mid while everyone else went top to force a surrender.

Leave...I don't get why this is on my match history. I lexited the game when I left a selection with 30 seconds left before the match starting. Team was picking no adc like idiots so I wanted out. Something must have lagged...

Riven - 7-1-16, win. This match was intense. In the one second first blood occured, 4 deaths across the map happened and 11 kills in the first 4 minutes. Versed Rumble top. He was a bit of a goose early and kept on calling for Rengar to come help him top. My one death was early when they caught me a cooldown short of escaping. Had to stock up on health and MR since Rumble gradually got annoying. But his gank skills were terrible - never seen a clown waste his ulti on just 1 person over and over during a team fight. During team fights, my tanky build just allowed me to sweep in, CC, ulti, dash out, rinse and repeat, win. Enemy Orianna was an utter goose - wasting Dissonance over and over whenever they got sight of our Anivia.

Shyvana - 8-6-15, win. Was initially contemplating taking Gangplank but the other team did. Kassadin was getting harassed by Talon hard so had to spend a lot of time bailing him out and making sure they'd get blue the moment it popped. Plank also drifted down to bot lane so I had to spend even more time down there and had to apologise to Singed for not being able to give him any ganks. He gutsed in out versus Xin Zhao and eventually did a great push of top lane and was very useful in teamfights. I'd take the fall a fair bit mid game to get a lot of 3 or 4 to 1 kills for our team. 0-7 Draven on the other team ragequitted and triggered a surrender.

Riven - 12-3-10, loss. This game made me quite mad. Not that many people on our side wanted to go tanky, so I was forced to go Riven at first pick since they wanted me top...I knew this would be a mistake. And it was...other side took Teemo. It didn't go well for me early...even swapping my levelling focus to the shield didn't negate Teemo's poison enough to stop him farming. I only gave him 1 kill while laning but the real problem was I didn't get a single bit of help from anyone...I gave mid and bot 5 ganks during laning phase, but no one bothered to come help stop Teemo farming like mad. When people eventually bothered, it was far too late. Worse, bot lane super fed Caitlyn. Mid-game was where it got weird. Taking Hexblade, Mallet and GA left the other team unable to kill me and I ended up getting a legendary streak. The only problem was our 'supposed' damage dealers sucked and the fed Teemo could swoop in, nuke for 3 seconds, kill 1-2 people and jet out. I was effectively the only one prolonging the match since Ahri and Varus were just terrible at damage. Why our mid picked Ahri after the other side picked Heimerdinger...ugh...I could make quick work of Heimer, Lux and Shyvana. Caitlyn was harder but I turned her bloated score into a 1:1 kill to death ratio by the end which made them really mad. But Teemo was too powerful. Full item set and 13-2-8 and no one on my team willing to go after him at any point of the game. So ticked off at who I was teamed with. I helped them when they were pushed, saved their hides so many times, yet when I pleaded for someone to stop Teemo, they didn't listen, then they started crying when Teemo blitzed them.

Shyvana - 6-4-2, loss. Ergh, this game...Vayne and Leona argued all match and were terrible bot. Olaf top was kamikaze. People refused to go after Sivir or Syndra and would go for freaking Udyr...I did what I could but idiots ruined it.

Miss Fortune - 6-4-11, win. Not as good as I normally am on MF but the usual result. However, I messed up the start and gave away first blood since I didn't realise Nunu was so...passive...didnt seem to like snowballing and would only Blood Boil...eventually some hyper kamikaze jungling Olaf came after Lee Sin forced a second death on me and went nuts, allowing me to get going like I usually do. This guy would dive anything and everything. Yet...he got results. There was a really weird stretch from about 10-20 minutes where I stayed out there with Berserker Greaves and 2 Doran Blades since there was non-stop ganking in the enemy's bottom jungle - which I kept living through. Once this madness finally ended and Jayce and I ended up getting fed, I had 4.4k unspent and took Infinity Edge. I ended up spearheading the demolishing to two lanes while Olaf dived like an utter maniac over and over. Draven, who had a fast start, ended up on only 80 cs while only their Lee Sin was putting up fair resistance. Moused over that insane Olaf after the match. Wins - 3083....How long has this guy been playing...Amusingly, his match history is full of 15-20 and 18-25 like scores. He went 14-10 this time. Sounds like he has no restraint whatsoever since that's the nature of his score no matter what he plays. Probably explains why he doesn't play ranked. But it was amusing to be part of.
Old 2012-09-20, 10:00   Link #2865
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Just finished my placement matches, went 7 and 3. Now 62 elo away, and I'm confident I'd get there by next week depending on my schedule (being sick put me behind in a lot of ways >_>).

Game 3 - Jungle Xin
Xin is sleeper OP in soloq I tell you. He's the next Alistair (which I wanted to play but got banned), but way more snowbally. Wasn't able to convert kill at top with my first gank, but set the enemy top and jungle far behind for me to snowball

Game 4 - Jungle Xin
Was snowballing bot lane until Graves DC. Put up a good fight, but was too far behind in farm when he reconnected

Game 5 - Jungle Xin
Wasn't even worth playing IMO. Cheese strat for the enemy with Twitch + Eve double stealth, but their lank of a frontline made them easy pickings even with Twitch being fed (our Ashe decided to always fight him in lane rather than farm ><)

Game 7 - Jungle Xin
Enemy mid picked Zyra presumably because she has highest win ratio for AP mids. Since our mid was Viktor, I made sure to camp her lane. She finished something like 2/11, and dying at least half a dozen times to my ganks. Was a nonfactor, so I just stacked armor for the rest of their team
How do you run rune/masteries/build on Xin for jungling, I've experimented a good bit with him, but I just can't seem to find what really works best for him in the jungle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
Jungle Amumu....played a normal game this week with him, got completely dominated by this lee sin with 2k elo....couldn't do anything, counter ganked me twice and caught me in my jungle so often.....sad game...
I beat a 1.9k Diana yesterday in one of my games, mostly cause they had snowballed a bit and got really overconfident and then got caught like 5 times by me(I was jungling Sej and her ult w/morgana ult was really high chance of getting a kill), and couldn't carry hard enough anymore after that(they were duo'd with a 1300 friend since it was a normal).
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 10:06   Link #2866
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Xin jungle runes are effectively the same as he is at top. Armor pen at both Red and Quintessence, Armor in yellow and Magic Resist in blue. You want that armor pen on Xin at ganks - you make quick work of people big time if you get the jump on them properly.

Masteries, 21 defense, 9 utility.

A good build is Mercury Treads, Wriggle Lantern, Wit's End, Frozen Mallet, Guardian Angel, Black Cleaver. Tanky but attacking very fast and loaded with armor penetration.

I do like Xin but I've been put off playing him because while he's a great opportunist 1v1, in team fights he needs a team to react with him properly or he's toast. Initiation and attack, good, but what do you do if your team is a bunch of dozy bastards or going for the wrong target?
Old 2012-09-20, 10:11   Link #2867
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I beat a 1.9k Diana yesterday in one of my games, mostly cause they had snowballed a bit and got really overconfident and then got caught like 5 times by me(I was jungling Sej and her ult w/morgana ult was really high chance of getting a kill), and couldn't carry hard enough anymore after that(they were duo'd with a 1300 friend since it was a normal).
Yikes, I can't imagine what the ELO drop would've been for them with that loss..
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 10:44   Link #2868
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Currently playing a few ARAMs to loose the solo Q tension, I love it when I get TF^^

As for jungling, I prefer Shyvana or Jarvan...or anyone who can initiate as well as they can escape. I used to play Jax until I realized that not many people can follow up and assist me in jumps. Xin rocks, revamps ftw.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 10:59   Link #2869
Witch of Uncertainty

Played soem more ranked today. Lost every single match.
I absolutely HATE that (sorry to sound full of myself) I know how to own mid, but someone is always taking it, and sucking balls with it, and when I'm support, my carries fail hard.
Glad my gold medal stays, since I'm down to 1390-something now.

Oh, and regardning jungler, I mostly play Shyvana or Alistar. I want to improve as nocturne, though.
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 11:10   Link #2870
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
I absolutely HATE that (sorry to sound full of myself) I know how to own mid, but someone is always taking it, and sucking balls with it, and when I'm support, my carries fail hard.
I'm like that too, many were the times of frustration upon some seriously weird picks (like Talon vs Vlad, guess whose team I was on). I think that few people are not confident in their skill at solo top/mid (regardless of whether they possess any) and most are quick to flame the losing side...although there's always someone better than you out there.

What's everyone's opinion of Fiora? I'd only tolerate her as a jungler, but I've seen people play her bot quite a bit...suffice to say, she loses the lane badly even with the best support. Theoretically, she may be able to hold top, but lots of ArPen would be needed for a good exchange.

ProTip of the day: never let a losing streak go past 4. It's probably not your lucky day!

EDIT:
Quote:
Her ultimate makes towerdiving safe for her, and very scary for the enemy.
Like with Alpha Strike and Twisted Advance, Bladewaltz will send you right to the enemy's final location, so if they retreat during Fiora's long execution, it can backfire pretty fast with you in enemy territory, between two turrets. Haven't really tried soloing top with her...yet.

Last edited by Kafriel; 2012-09-20 at 11:43.
Old 2012-09-20, 11:20   Link #2871
Witch of Uncertainty

I've only played her as a top (well, jungler once, but failed hard), and I think she does the job nicely. Her passive makes sure she can win most trades, and her E skill is fantastic against harassing. Her ultimate makes towerdiving safe for her, and very scary for the enemy. Also, lifesteal + ultimate is awesome.

I really like her top.
Old 2012-09-20, 11:43   Link #2872
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I once got 29-6-7 with Fiora in a normal. The thing is, people tend to build her glass cannon or Tiamat spam. That's...amusing...but detrimental to the team.

The build I did with her in my uber game was Mercury Treads, Wit's End, Bloodthirster, Infinity Edge, Frozen Mallet, Guardian Angel. Fiora then becomes a lifesteal tank with a slow but still possessing incredible damage. With her leaps and reflects, she becomes a beast in chases. And Blade Waltz is one of the coolest ultimates ever. Summoner spells were Exhaust and Ghost. Haven't played Fiora since, though. Finding games where she is the better matchup is hard...

I want to see Fiora used more. The problem is that at top lane, she's not that hard to counter. Pick something like Galio, Malphite, Teemo, Jayce, Jax, Yorick or the like and it becomes hard for her to keep up in creep kills. Versus Rengar, Gangplank, Darius, Nasus and maybe Irelia - she can do well.

I know thee feeling of getting on winning streaks then losing ones...This week I started with winning 8 out of 10 games. Then I lost 13 in a row....only one of them was my fault and in 5 of them I had darn good scores, but, feeders. Then got a few wins. Today I won 6 out of 9. Random is random. Some people just don't have a shred of common sense in them. Some of them are utterly clued in.

Curious, what combos do people like bot?

My faves are:

Miss Fortune + Amumu
Draven + Blitacrank
Any proper AD Carry + Sona

Ones I don't play but respect are:

Ezreal + Soraka
Graves + Taric
Corki + Leona

Can't find one that suits Lulu anymore.
Old 2012-09-20, 12:31   Link #2873
Witch of Uncertainty

As someone who plays a lot of bot, I'd say Leona/MF is a fantastic combo.
When they both reach level 6, Leona can stun-lock the enemy while MF blasts her ult, causing lots and lots of damage due to triggering Leona's every (or at least almost) passive debuffs.

I don't play Leona with randoms though. Usually goes to hell.
Janna and Sona are pretty strong to go with anyone, so I usually go those.
Old 2012-09-20, 13:00   Link #2874
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Ezreal+Leona, highly aggressive and very hard to pull out of once you get caught in their flow.

Vayne+Blitzcrank for insane pull->tumble->condemn->certain death.

Draven+Taric, purely because it's a safe bet between dazzling and tossing blades.

Jayce+Lulu. They're both unpredictable as hell, probably the most fearsome combo for me.

People I don't really like @ bot:

Ashe/Caitlyn/Tristana. Don't get me wrong, they're all solid ADCs, but I hate it when they start trading heavy blows with carries who dominate earlier, praying that the support will somehow magically turn the tables on that.

My opinion of supports (purely as supports) is that they're all of an equal standing. If you can't communicate with your team, even Blitzcrank and Alistar can be sliced like butter and just keep feeding or initiating at all the wrong places.
Old 2012-09-20, 15:35   Link #2875
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Wow the soraka remodel looks great, and new splash art is amazing.
MAL
Old 2012-09-21, 00:57   Link #2876
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Wow the soraka remodel looks great, and new splash art is amazing.
As long as she still throws bananas I'm fine with it XD the art sure look amazing tho
Old 2012-09-21, 02:10   Link #2877
Kreceir

Did you hear her joke? its about banana's haha
Old 2012-09-21, 02:25   Link #2878
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreceir View Post
Did you hear her joke? its about banana's haha
Yea I laughed pretty hard hearing it, all of her new voice stuff can be heard here:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Also splash art for Dryad skin looks nice, wonder how Divine will look.
MAL
Old 2012-09-21, 02:30   Link #2879
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Woah the skin looks so good, really glad Riot is changing the skins...is like now all the skins actually looks different instead of just changing the color ==
Old 2012-09-21, 08:35   Link #2880
Witch of Uncertainty

I don't like it. Soraka is the ONE female champion who has an ancient feel about her. Elegance, power and power was how she was represented (in the Chinese art, which is what I have).

Now we got yet ANOTHER 16 year old, who poses in a bone-breaking position.
And her voice doesn't fit the new look (splash art) at all. I'm incredibly disappointed by this change.

Here's the splash-art I've been using until now:
Normal and Dryad Soraka.

Tags
league of legends, lol