AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-09-20, 23:35   Link #7461
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

But but but... you get to look like DEATHWING!
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 00:01   Link #7462
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Hogger > Deathwing
Old 2011-09-21, 00:08   Link #7463
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Hogger received a major nerf when we could no longer 40 man him...
Old 2011-09-21, 00:18   Link #7464
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

He's too much for 40 people to handle as a world boss now, they had to put him in a dungeon to contain his setback.
Old 2011-09-21, 21:54   Link #7465
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Hogger's setback was merely a setback for the upcoming expansion Blizzard has kept secret from all of us. "Wrath of the Burning Hoggerclysm"

They have announced that in the expansion, they will covert 40 man raids to 60 man raids in order to compensate the overpoweredness of Hogger with his 1337 billion health and the his deadly ability to 1-shot all players within 5,000 yards of his presence. Gaming Networks have already planned to rate this expansion a 10/10.
Old 2011-09-21, 21:56   Link #7466
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Hogger is king of the Pandarens?
Old 2011-09-21, 21:58   Link #7467
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Yes, he has appeared before them as a god. Then was instantly made the king in 1 second of his global cooldown.
Old 2011-10-04, 13:19   Link #7468
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Feeling that I should quit the game, again... Hmmm don't know if I should and after watching Braindeadly(Probably the best hunter in high end pvp right now) interviewing Athene and they were saying that the game is virtually going down the pan on the PvP side, which I feel too. Do you guys sense this in PvE or not really? Not flaming or anything just want to see if I need a break from the game or that wow really is going down on a lot of its aspects.
Old 2011-10-04, 13:33   Link #7469
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ionray View Post
WoW sucks.....
Thats so helpful buddy. You want to back that up with your views?
Old 2011-10-04, 16:50   Link #7470
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I quit WoW at a time where I would only log on to chat with people or to raid. When you feel that whenever you are online you have nothing good to do: it is time to quit and save some money.

It happens to me quite naturally as I find better things to do than playing this aged game.
Old 2011-10-05, 13:55   Link #7471
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

hmmmm guess your right all I do when I get on is chat,Do Dailys which are useless to me as i got 200k and do 2 rbgs to keep my rating above 2400. Guess its once again time to pack it in untill something drastic happens.
Old 2011-10-05, 15:23   Link #7472
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

The only time I will reconsider coming back to WoW is when they release Sargeras (if they ever do) and drastically repopulate their playerbase with a unique system feature that's extremely helpful.
Old 2011-10-05, 16:06   Link #7473
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Don't go back to WoW. Their time is done. It's better off if people leave the game and end their iron grip on the market. I love Blizzard, they make some awesome games, but I think there are potentially much better MMOs that have been cast to the sidelines (either by not ever getting attention, or not having the investment potential to come into existence) with this years-long streak of WoW dominance.

It's almost like if Sony never entered the gaming market and loosened Nintendo's dominance. Nintendo would still pump out awesome games, but if they had maintained their level of control over the market the video game industry would never have blossomed like it has. The MMO industry is a microcosm of that, and it seems as with Nintendo consumers are finally diversifying their desires/demands for an MMO.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 16:25   Link #7474
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I'm more used to Blizzard's RTS games so I'll probably just leave it at that.
Old 2011-10-05, 17:02   Link #7475
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Oki doki from that response, I have unsubbed will see if they will change...they probably wont but oh well...plently of new games out
Old 2011-10-06, 16:48   Link #7476
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Still no Death knight t13 buhhh :/
Old 2011-10-10, 06:51   Link #7477
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Don't go back to WoW. Their time is done. It's better off if people leave the game and end their iron grip on the market. I love Blizzard, they make some awesome games, but I think there are potentially much better MMOs that have been cast to the sidelines (either by not ever getting attention, or not having the investment potential to come into existence) with this years-long streak of WoW dominance.

It's almost like if Sony never entered the gaming market and loosened Nintendo's dominance. Nintendo would still pump out awesome games, but if they had maintained their level of control over the market the video game industry would never have blossomed like it has. The MMO industry is a microcosm of that, and it seems as with Nintendo consumers are finally diversifying their desires/demands for an MMO.
Sounds like WoW burnout to me...

Aye, I agree that if you are left with doing dailies and chatting, you should get off WoW.... until it fixes itself. I myself got into WoW only during 4.2. Blizzard do know how to attract people (The Starter Edition and free BC did it for me). Also, the various bits of lore nailed it for me.
Old 2011-10-10, 07:15   Link #7478
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

When I started in 2006, it really didn't kick into me yet having to slowly level up all the way to 60 since I have to repeat the process I usually do in other MMORPGs. But when you're stuck in a PvP realm, and you reach Silithus, then things start to get interesting. Especially how addicting the bosses were back then, usually you expect a spell or two but things went completely different from what I thought. Next thing I knew, I was addicted to Pve in WoW.

Burning Crusade was interesting as well, the sudden decrease in raids kinda made 40 man groups pointless unless you're raiding capitals. But the mechanics in boss fights were still interesting nonetheless (especially Kael'Thas in Tempest Keep).

Wrath of the Lich King was fun to be honest. Even though many complain about it being too easy, the boss mechanics and the various interactions during quests made it all the better to actually quest instead of just going through it for the sake of leveling. That's probably why I leveled so fast was because they were quick, direct, and enjoyable. The raids had many interesting mechanics (especially Ulduar, and ICC). The only difficulty boss in that entire expansion was Halion from Ruby Sanctum.

Cataclysm... Well, it's interesting and all. But when you're guildless, there's nothing you can do to get ahead of things (of course after struggling, I did find a raid guild but then I just stopped WoW).

So I can't say that my WoW experience wasn't enjoyable or anything, just that things sorta turned bland after the thrill ends.
Old 2011-10-10, 07:44   Link #7479
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post

Cataclysm... Well, it's interesting and all. But when you're guildless, there's nothing you can do to get ahead of things (of course after struggling, I did find a raid guild but then I just stopped WoW).
Yep, exactly this. I quit back in February after a couple weeks of logging in and sitting in a random queue for 40 minutes just to get into a terrible group, or logging in and realizing I didn't feel like sitting in queue and logging back off immediately. Tried to find a guild for a while, even jumped servers to do it, but nothing really worked out. Most raid guilds already had their rosters set or were looking for people who would commit more time than I was willing to, and I was obviously not gonna join one of those gigantic zerg guilds that were just using people for guild exp.

Something about Cata just made it feel unfinished overall to me too. Probably the way all the zones were totally self-contained and you teleported to all of them from a main hub (as opposed to WotLK which felt like it had a pretty cohesive storyline overall with transitions from one zone to the next), combined with how many "joke" quests were thrown in this time around. Uldum was the worst zone I have ever played. I want to see the WoW lore, not half a zone of Indiana Jones parodies. Some jokes are fine obviously, it wouldn't be WoW without the humor, but they went way overboard with that zone. Also I feel like the previous 2 expansions just did a better job at masking the overall grind - there were a lot more flavor npcs around, you had much more of a choice as to where to go, and it felt like more of a world, whereas Cata ramped the "theme park MMO" aspect up to 11 and never felt like anything more than a very linear game at any time.

I think the raid finder coming in the next patch looks pretty interesting but by this point my characters would be far too undergeared to be able to use it, and everyone I know who played the game has quit so I'd have nobody to even chat with if I resubscribed. That and, I think I'm now permanently past the point where a gear treadmill game would be interesting to me; can honestly see myself never playing another mmo again.

I still read the WoW story forums regularly though, have always been a fan of the Warcraft storyline and hope they come out with a Warcraft 4 someday.

Last edited by RWBladewing; 2011-10-10 at 07:55.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 15:09   Link #7480
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Before your subs ends, might want to get everyone you talk to frequently on real id. You can still chat with them over bnet if you have sc2 or in the future, d3.

TBH I like BC's raid system a lot more: being able to clear kara, ssc/tk means something (so you can do hyjal). There is a natural personal progression: you are done with kara so you app to a guild that is on the next level.

In wrath and cata: doesn't mean anything if you can clear a level of content. A few months later people will be cakewalking through the old stuff and have potentially better gear via luck.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows