AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 95 61.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 20.78%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 11.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 5.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.65%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-20, 00:42   Link #181
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenkitsune View Post
actually....i was pressured by one of my friends to ask her out. i guess he knew she liked me or something and annoyed me for a WEEK till i finally did it. I'm still not sure if my other friend (the one that said liked me) knew i had asked her out or not, but i did find it odd that she'd confess the day after like that.....
but geeze...that was what....5 years ago? why can't that happen anymore
what should've been the best 4 years of my life was ruined by a move across the country, then school transfers due to boundary changes
ah! the old story about long distance relationships not working!
Old 2008-02-20, 00:54   Link #182
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
also, Aiko has the biggest rack in the show
I'm sure that's a great reason... though until you mentioned it I never noticed. The reason I like her character is because every single cliff hanger (almost) has been around her and those scenes are always god damn good scenes. She doesn't get much screen time but damn, she makes good use of it. Such as the kiss scene...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Spoiler for :
Spoiler for lol:
Old 2008-02-20, 00:56   Link #183
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
actually, we broke up several months before i knew i was moving. it was more or less that when i moved, i left my favorite school, and all my friends, then when i finally got settled into my new school, and made new friends, i had to transfer schools and lost 90% of my friends again, now i'm out of highschool for i think 2 years now and i've moved back to AZ, but the damage has already been done.
anyways, i dont' wanna get this place TOO off topic.

I'm still not sure what to think of hiromiXshinichiro being siblings, a part of me thinks it is possible, but the other part says that i doubt it. however, the possibility is still there.

Spoiler for lolz:

Aiko has the biggest rack?! really?! geeze, with all this story and plot developing, i never had time to even notice who had the biggest rack o_O

もいちど。。。
Old 2008-02-20, 01:31   Link #184
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Spoiler for lol:
I don't think he will go to see Aiko with the idea of "doing it", but it will "just happen".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenkitsune View Post
Aiko has the biggest rack?! really?! geeze, with all this story and plot developing, i never had time to even notice who had the biggest rack o_O
Yes, she does, check her the first time Shin and her were talking, the part where nobuse showed up and Shin left to leave them alone. She has pretty big breasts!
Old 2008-02-20, 01:33   Link #185
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
I don't think he will go to see Aiko with the idea of "doing it", but it will "just happen".
I concur with this, he won't be seeking her for the idea of sleeping with her, but rather just for comfort, but one thing will simply lead to another... A teenage angst drama wouldn't be complete without teenage sex right?
Old 2008-02-20, 03:34   Link #186
Khaos

If Hiromi really is Shin's half sister, Aiko would be the only real choice, since Noe doesn't understand her own emotions, she is too much of a child and I think what she has is more like a romantic crush on Shin (and she's lonely too).
Right now I'm really hoping for an Aiko ending.
Old 2008-02-20, 05:09   Link #187
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudninja View Post
Spoiler for no real spoilers, just speculation based on first 7 episodes:
Well said! Cookies for you. The importance of the opening episode can never be stressed enough if the audience wants to develop an intuitive feelings toward the direction a series might take and how it might follow up. That's pretty much how I envision this series to end.

Quote:
also, Aiko has the biggest rack in the show

I thought Hiromi was the endowed one of the show, but I suppose I will need to refresh my memory by revisiting an episode.
Old 2008-02-20, 09:51   Link #188
cero_86

Spoiler for lol:
[/QUOTE]

Hey Var pls tell me this isn't true if it is you just pretty much ruined the series with tha one big spoiler... FFS people...
Old 2008-02-20, 10:22   Link #189
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Yeah I know I'm way behind, but anyway...watched Episode 7.

Oh wow, lol. Catfights, Noe having a nervous breakdown, Aiko makes a heckuva daring move, oh wow. Great episode. Pity Hiromi seems to have been shunted aside, though.

9/10. Blog article coming soon.
Old 2008-02-20, 11:27   Link #190
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Spoiler for :
I think thats streach especially with Hiromi having a fight not to long ago with Shins mom about her mom be EASY. Hiromi said just because you think my mom was like that i would be? She was very stern with her tone and stormed off. I really doubt we are going to see anyone sleep with someone in True Tears. Jun may be a manipulative little ass but Hiromi has her own vaules i dont think she would sell her self especially since she doesnt love Jun she is only going along with this because of Shin opening his idiotic mouth.
Old 2008-02-20, 11:42   Link #191
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
i think she went out with jun to break free of her feeling for shin and also maybe in a way to "hurt" him. he hurted her when he came to his room to tell her she should date jun. she prolly noticed that shin has some sort of feeling for her but she created some barrier to not let shin get anycloser to her.
If she learns that shin is going out with noe she probably will have the barrier she raised in order to protect herself from her feeling break completely and be totally lost and confused so sleeping with jun could then be a way for her to try to flee from all her issues.
if she indeed sleeps with jun the circumstances that lead her there could be compared to the ones that lead mitsuki from Kgne to sleep with taka's best friend because she wanted to hurt him and flee from reality.
Old 2008-02-20, 12:07   Link #192
cloudninja

I don't know why some people are expecting something as extreme as a young character sleeping with another in this show. Sure there are deep emotions and heartbreak but I don't expect anything beyond kisses and embraces. It's been pretty tame so far and it is based on a romantic visual novel that is'nt considered hentai, more like ecchi which is much tamer than hentai. The game and anime have different stories and characters but they usually tone down anime instead of making them more risque.

If you're comparing it to School Days or Kimi Ga Nozumu Eien you have to realize they were based on h-games so the anime versions still had significant mature content even after toning it down.
Old 2008-02-20, 12:25   Link #193
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudninja View Post
I don't know why some people are expecting something as extreme as a young character sleeping with another in this show. Sure there are deep emotions and heartbreak but I don't expect anything beyond kisses and embraces. It's been pretty tame so far and it is based on a romantic visual novel that is'nt considered hentai, more like ecchi which is much tamer than hentai. The game and anime have different stories and characters but they usually tone down anime instead of making them more risque.

If you're comparing it to School Days or Kimi Ga Nozumu Eien you have to realize they were based on h-games so the anime versions still had significant mature content even after toning it down.
I agree thats why i stand where i do True Tears has been pretty tame and i cant see it take a huge leap in another direction by having young characters sleep with one another. It would actually kill the tone of the show, as i dont feel i would be as emotionally invested anymore. At most we are going get some kissing and embracing like Cloudninja stated. If im wrong i will admit it later but im 99.9% sure that we will see no such thing. Most likely we will see a kiss between Jun and Hiromi as a plot device and of course Shin will either see or hear about this kiss which will further fuel the flames.

Changing the subject for a bit im hoping that we get some more screen time of Shins dad. My theory is when we have reached the point where he is in every episode that means the truth about the past will be getting reveled. In episode 7 they brought the dad in only to have him ask what Shins mom said to him and that was it. They are going to use him as a means to divulge information to us the audience and to possibly Shin and Hiromi most likely only Shin at first.
Old 2008-02-20, 13:26   Link #194
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Blog article is up:

[RIUVA] True Tears, Episode 7

Sorry for being so late this week. Studies has to take top priority sometimes.
Old 2008-02-20, 15:58   Link #195
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cero_86 View Post
Spoiler for lol:
Hey Var pls tell me this isn't true if it is you just pretty much ruined the series with tha one big spoiler... FFS people...
This is all just what ifs that started somewhere before. I personally do not think such an event is very likely.
Old 2008-02-20, 16:31   Link #196
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
i think she went out with jun to break free of her feeling for shin and also maybe in a way to "hurt" him. he hurted her when he came to his room to tell her she should date jun. she prolly noticed that shin has some sort of feeling for her but she created some barrier to not let shin get anycloser to her.
If she learns that shin is going out with noe she probably will have the barrier she raised in order to protect herself from her feeling break completely and be totally lost and confused so sleeping with jun could then be a way for her to try to flee from all her issues.
if she indeed sleeps with jun the circumstances that lead her there could be compared to the ones that lead mitsuki from Kgne to sleep with taka's best friend because she wanted to hurt him and flee from reality.
there is a simple reason Hiromi went with Jun, she is trapped in her own web of lies! Even after what she told Shin, she is still trapped.
Old 2008-02-20, 16:56   Link #197
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
there is a simple reason Hiromi went with Jun, she is trapped in her own web of lies! Even after what she told Shin, she is still trapped.
This show is not simple. That is clearly one of the reasons, but there may be more, such as that she actually does find Jun attractive. Or not. Her expression on the bike in the preview looks pretty sour, but we'll see what's really going on there this weekend.

I really hate it when people talk about Hiromi's "lies." It makes her sound much worse than I think she is. She is trapped in a terrible situation at Shin's place and is just trying to get by. Telling the truth would not be so easy, as we can see from when she actually did reach the end of her tether and blurted it out.

Now, that doesn't mean I don't think that one of the themes of this show is: "What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive." It's just that telling the truth has its own set of potential disastrous consequences.

As for anyone sleeping with anyone, I don't get that feeling, but they have six episodes and things have gone in many directions already, so anything's possible.

I don't recall many anime in which there was actual sex. Paradise Kiss was the fullest rendition I've seen. NANA had a bit of before and after. Bokura ga Ita had a sort of sex scene. And all of those are shoujo. There doesn't seem to me to be much in shounen or seinen shows. KimiAru has a hilarious (really) yuri incest rape scene, if you can imagine it. There was some rather ugly adult sex in Moonlight Mile. There must be others, but I can't recall them.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-02-20, 17:34   Link #198
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I don't recall many anime in which there was actual sex. Paradise Kiss was the fullest rendition I've seen. NANA had a bit of before and after. Bokura ga Ita had a sort of sex scene. And all of those are shoujo. There doesn't seem to me to be much in shounen or seinen shows. KimiAru has a hilarious (really) yuri incest rape scene, if you can imagine it. There was some rather ugly adult sex in Moonlight Mile. There must be others, but I can't recall them.
Well, they don't actually show the act, but it's mostly implied without a doubt. Only anime where i have seen sex that was not implied was Kiminoze. E-F memories had very implied sex too. I wouldn't consider you a fan of a show like Moonlight mile! Well, I will say the ungly part of moonlight mile is all those babes having sex with Goro!
Old 2008-02-20, 17:49   Link #199
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Well, they don't actually show the act, but it's mostly implied without a doubt. Only anime where i have seen sex that was not implied was Kiminoze. E-F memories had very implied sex too. I wouldn't consider you a fan of a show like Moonlight mile! Well, I will say the ungly part of moonlight mile is all those babes having sex with Goro!
Lol. I did drop MM after a while, but I still think what I saw was pretty good. The Goro part didn't really bother me, but early on there were a higher-up man and woman....

I should have remembered KgNE and ef, both of which I loved.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-02-20, 18:42   Link #200
p33gles

I am intrigued about Jun's motive for setting Shin and Noe up... Somehow I think its more than just looking out for his lil sis's happiness....
Closed Thread