AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2008-07-08, 22:51   Link #2201
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Hahaha, glad to see you liked NatsuKana! To an extent, I mean.

I love it, even though Chihaya-kyuu's endings killed all hope in me. I JUST CAN'T GET MYSELF AWAY FROM CHIHAYA-KYUU! And it seems that a lot of people can't as well, hence why she won Yuzusoft's dakimakura contest and will be featured in a dakimakura (again...BUT I'M NOT COMPLAINING!) this upcoming Comiket.

As someone told me about Chihaya: 可愛いですよねハァ(*´д`)ハァ . I fully agree, ha(a)ha(a)ha(a). Her voice actress, Hiroko Taguchi, is just good at playing the roles of character archetypes similar to Chihaya: just check out Miraroma's Tsukimiya Kaede, Purely's Akisato Manaka, and ef's Chihiro.

I seriously need to start on either Yuiko's or Sasara's routes. >_<
Old 2008-07-09, 00:35   Link #2202
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Hahaha, glad to see you liked NatsuKana! To an extent, I mean.
Well "extent", not really, despite its flaws, I liked it so to speak .
Quote:
As someone told me about Chihaya: 可愛いですよねハァ(*´д`)ハァ . I fully agree, ha(a)ha(a)ha(a). Her voice actress, Hiroko Taguchi, is just good at playing the roles of character archetypes similar to Chihaya: just check out Miraroma's Tsukimiya Kaede, Purely's Akisato Manaka, and ef's Chihiro.
Pretty much the point. What's actually awesome with Chihaya is the fact she is not a "moeblob", so there isn't any inherent annoying part (that Sasara's got however): cheezy naivete, "slowness", etc. She is kinda the winning formula, and her design + the seiyuu just turn into the winning recipe XD.

As for her seiyuu, are you sure about ef Chihiro? or are you listing these characters as reference?
Anyway, certainly refreshing and I can't exactly picture any other voice for Chihaya, though I think she "could" make more comic vibes with the "moe SD" moments (what about pulling a Shiki, as Chihaya was about to execute the cake? )
Quote:
I seriously need to start on either Yuiko's or Sasara's routes. >_<
I strongly suggest you to start Yuiko before Sasara. Quality aside, checking Sasara's first will give away almost everything of the "mystery/plot" of Yuiko. I don't think any order aside of Chihaya => Yuiko => Sasara, or Yuiko => Sasara => Chihaya would be better.
Old 2008-07-09, 00:41   Link #2203
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Oooh, sorry, my mistake. I meant Miyako. She's voiced by the same seiyuu who did Chihaya-kyuu's voice, Hiroko Taguchi.
Old 2008-07-09, 00:51   Link #2204
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Oooh, sorry, my mistake. I meant Miyako. She's voiced by the same seiyuu who did Chihaya-kyuu's voice, Hiroko Taguchi.
Now that you mention it, indeed Miyako and Chihaya have pretty much the same voice, though the former is on the "genki" side (obviously not when her drama kicks in ). Surely, her tone and subtle play change completely the character voice ^^

Certainly keeping note of that VN Seiyuu, most likely being my favorite with Tanaka Ryoko (Isshiki Hikaru) :3
Old 2008-07-09, 01:00   Link #2205
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

You also like Ishiki Hikaru? Omg. ;___; hi5

You should listen more to Ishiki Hikaru's various roles in other games like Houousenki Maimu, Kamipani!, Seinarukana, Boy Meets Girl, Pastel Chime Continue, ExE (though you've played this one already), Koisuru Otome to Shugo no Tate...hahaha, Ishiki Hikaru is just so awesome. ;___;

Then there's Aoba Ringo! But that's a different story altogether.

To get back on track though...Yuiko's route first huh? I hope I don't die out of sheer frustration, because the thing that pisses me off the most when it comes to eroges are dense leads (aside from faceless ones).
Old 2008-07-09, 01:14   Link #2206
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
You also like Ishiki Hikaru? Omg. ;___; hi5

You should listen more to Ishiki Hikaru's various roles in other games like Houousenki Maimu, Kamipani!, Seinarukana, Boy Meets Girl, Pastel Chime Continue, ExE (though you've played this one already), Koisuru Otome to Shugo no Tate...hahaha, Ishiki Hikaru is just so awesome. ;___;
Yes, I know that Ishiki did Saya in ExE, and seriously, I didn't expect her being able to do the lul MILF
I certainly noticed her with her role of Yuiko-anego from Little Busters! and also Tomoyo in Tomoyo After (and I really couldn't compute she did Hikari in School days :x)

I should also add Kazane, huhu... (Loved her performance in ExE with Mio-neesan XD, and she seems nice In kamipani, as Megumi, so far I could hear. And she will be LB EX saya's seiyuu \o/).

Quote:
To get back on track though...Yuiko's route first huh? I hope I don't die out of sheer frustration, because the thing that pisses me off the most when it comes to eroges are dense leads (aside from faceless ones).
Fortunately, the little density won't last that long, and Yuiko is far more bearable than in the other routes. Though the true issue is that Souta will act like a tsundere (well he will be very reluctant because of many possible embarrassments, which is extremely ironic to say the least).

*deep Sigh* I don't have any clue what to play now... Either I continue my Yuzusoft spree with Braban!, or I can either go through Seinarukana, Kamipani, Sharin no kuni, Ef... *scratches his head* Any recommendation would be nice
Old 2008-07-09, 01:22   Link #2207
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

To continue the Yuzusoft fun, I recommend Braban! Seriously. You might find the plot a bit cliche, but the characters are quite lovable.

After that I'd probably recommend Kamipani! (it's somewhat slowpaced/boring, but it depends on you), then Seinarukana, ef, Sharin no Kuni, and then G Senjou no Maou (if you haven't played it yet).
Old 2008-07-09, 05:10   Link #2208
dont

Finish the game Kara no ShouJo

....... not angry, just feel sadly

True End is not a "good" end , but it's good
dont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 08:34   Link #2209
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
*deep Sigh* I don't have any clue what to play now... Either I continue my Yuzusoft spree with Braban!, or I can either go through Seinarukana, Kamipani, Sharin no kuni, Ef... *scratches his head* Any recommendation would be nice
Braban gets kinda boring IMO.
I suggest you try Shirogane no Soleil or a Nitro+ game
Old 2008-07-09, 14:07   Link #2210
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Finally found some time and finished 11eyes. IMO it was pretty good though, I was expecting it to be better.

The story was good enough to get you interested but, the latter twists were like "OMG!" at first and then changed into a "huh? that's it?"...

Spoiler for For the twists:

So, even though the story has a lot of potential it lacked in execution. Kukuri's ending is the only one I actually liked and the best, her after story explains the events at the end as well as what exactly happened after the whole fight was over so, if you are playing this... Leave her route for the end!

As for characters... My favorite is Kukuri! Apart from her story being the best her character is just beautiful! Most of her sprites overflow with moe... I just wish they had included more CGs of her "Cyberiada" clothes.

As for the other characters. I liked them all but Yuka for reasons the one who read the game would surely understand...

I enjoyed 11eyes despite of everything. I recommend it to everyone looking for some action filled eroge. A 7.5 out of 10 in my book though, I'm sure it could have been a lot better.

Next: G-Senjou No Maou!
Old 2008-07-09, 22:21   Link #2211
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Lillian has released a downloadable web trial of Twinkle Crusaders. To be seen how different it is from the Tech Gian preview demo.
Old 2008-07-10, 08:53   Link #2212
Troyd
waboo

Toranoana has made a top 50 of the most selling eroge in the half of the year.
http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/50694008.html

What? To heart another days o_O

The full list (you can't really see anything here -___-)
http://www.akibablog.net/archives/im...07-09-306.html

Will be Little busters! EX the first at the end of the year?
Troyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-10, 09:24   Link #2213
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Lightning Warrior Raidy.
Dun look at me like that. Don't judge me. D:<
I was looking for a different H-RPG type game and couldn't find it (can't remember the damn site it was on. All I remember about it is it the first time you enter it it'll give you a page to say if you're over 18 or something) and ended up downloading a different game instead >.>
Old 2008-07-10, 11:33   Link #2214
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnishida View Post
Finally found some time and finished 11eyes. IMO it was pretty good though, I was expecting it to be better.

The story was good enough to get you interested but, the latter twists were like "OMG!" at first and then changed into a "huh? that's it?"...

Spoiler for For the twists:

So, even though the story has a lot of potential it lacked in execution. Kukuri's ending is the only one I actually liked and the best, her after story explains the events at the end as well as what exactly happened after the whole fight was over so, if you are playing this... Leave her route for the end!

As for characters... My favorite is Kukuri! Apart from her story being the best her character is just beautiful! Most of her sprites overflow with moe... I just wish they had included more CGs of her "Cyberiada" clothes.

As for the other characters. I liked them all but Yuka for reasons the one who read the game would surely understand...

I enjoyed 11eyes despite of everything. I recommend it to everyone looking for some action filled eroge. A 7.5 out of 10 in my book though, I'm sure it could have been a lot better.

Next: G-Senjou No Maou!
Hm ... maybe i should finish Kukuri's route to get some more explanations. But frankly i felt so disappointed in 11eyes after finishing Yuka's route i didn't feel like getting more of it.

It had quite some potential at start, but somehow it never really lived up to it, and the last "day" is where it all crashed and burned among numerous plotholes and deus-ex machinas.
Spoiler for 11 plot details:

There are other things i can rave about, but i won't ... now, to actually say something good:

I can praise it for the rather lively character sprites that really did help in bringing the game to life. (Mouth movement is off-sync though), a memorable soundtrack, nicely handled mood for the most part and action scenes that actually felt "alive". And a fantastic OP.

Too bad the plot ultimately wasn't on par with it's technical merits, and the "school life" parts tended to drag a bit. I really wanted to like this game at first, but in the end i can't say i did ... the finale was just destructive. 5.5/10.

Playing ExE right now, and even though some thing i get annoyed with rather greatly, it is much more enjoyable to me overall than 11eyes. One thing though ... i am on Natsuki's route now (Done with Madoka and Yu), and i have to say ... damn her new looks >_>. Seriously, her new clothes and haircut makes her look like a pre-pubescent child. I was so annoyed with that look i almost stopped playing because of it. And i especially wanted to cry blood when comparing her new look with the "chinese dress with long hair" CG ... why, just ...why!

Her new look really screamed pedo bait for me ... and i don't exactly mind loli, but now she looks like 8 years old. There is a difference between looking petite and looking like just out of kindergarten, and ExE has pushed the envelope here. I never thought a mere character sprite could have such negative effect on me, but guess i was wrong.

That aside, my most hated (yes, hate ... immense burning hate of fiery passion equaling the birth of a star) character thus far is Saya. I think i lose a bit of sanity almost every time she happens to be on screen (double the effect on Madoka's route). If i could actually render her comatose by punching the screen, i would gladly pay for the repairs.

Will post some overall thoughts when i am done with it completely

Last edited by Skyfall; 2008-07-10 at 11:57.
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-10, 23:15   Link #2215
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyd View Post

Imagine Naruto fans, but to moe rather than to ninja stuff.

Not the most accurate analogy, but there exist raving fans who crave moe of the To Heart variety, not story. I think they're all carryovers from the first To Heart however, mainly fans of that robot girl character, Multi I think.

Dunno. I was so sure something like 11eyes was going to get it, but never underestimate the otaku's love for imaginary little girls!

PS: I do like both To Heart 2 + AD and somewhat like Naruto. Although the farthest I've read Naruto is some time before the time jump.
Old 2008-07-10, 23:21   Link #2216
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
After that I'd probably recommend Kamipani! (it's somewhat slowpaced/boring, but it depends on you), then Seinarukana, ef, Sharin no Kuni, and then G Senjou no Maou (if you haven't played it yet).
G senjou was done for quite a while, and I was even raving about it (both in ero and G senjou thread + blog review )
I will most likely postpone Kamipani for a "need fluff fix" period, as... the start wasn't exactly encourgaing for me (Mizuki just freaks me out... not exactly the "imouto" that anyone can dream of :x)
And since I'm rather fed up with "read only", I guess I will try Seinarukana, though the menu etc might be a problem for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Braban gets kinda boring IMO.
I suggest you try Shirogane no Soleil or a Nitro+ game
Currently playing it, and to be honest, it is nice but yes, without much surprise in the plot progression. I must admit that, despite Tae is most likely the character which will be my favorite (along with sumi), she annoyed me the hell out of me, with her spam of "あの... その..." when she attempted to brush off Souichiro's confession. Felt almost like a forced predicament.
Meanwhile, Noriko is a "nice" surprise as a Inchou, not irritating a lot, same goes for Yuki who is a very "tamed" Oujou-sama, surprisingly.

As for nitro+... well, never tried any of their games, though chaos;head "might" interest me, if I can past the horrible design a la Myself;yourself (i despise to the very core the facial style) and the ugly weapons (unpractical swords etc)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyd View Post

That result isn't exactly that surprising considering ToHeart hype and fanbase.

What surprises me the most is that G senjou is third, despite it wasn't exactly unanimous, considering the unbalanced content.
Meanwhile, I was expecting a better place for Ef, though, thinking about it, it seems a bit more normal, considering that first tale wasn't exactly a best seller.
Old 2008-07-11, 00:59   Link #2217
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
As for nitro+... well, never tried any of their games, though chaos;head "might" interest me, if I can past the horrible design a la Myself;yourself (i despise to the very core the facial style) and the ugly weapons (unpractical swords etc)...
I was thinking more in the lines of Demonbane....

Has anyone tried マブラヴ I'm thinking of starting it?

Also, I'm enjoying Lump of Suger's Tayutama quite a bit.
Old 2008-07-11, 02:55   Link #2218
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Also, I'm enjoying Lump of Suger's Tayutama quite a bit.
;___; I hate you.
Old 2008-07-11, 09:11   Link #2219
Troyd
waboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari
What? ;___; the Di-swords are incredible, well maybe when you see Sena with it, it can looks a bit strange, but in the op they look really really beautiful *__*
And the character design, I think thy have good characters (Yua or Rimi) and the cg's are good too.
I don't play nitro+ games too much, but chaos; head was very interesting and, mmmm... funny.
Troyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 13:24   Link #2220
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Anyway, there's a good reason the Di-Swords don't look like "practical" weapons.

I think Jingai Makyou would be a nice place to start WRT to Nitro+.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel