AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-08-30, 05:48   Link #61
Mentar
Banned

So... can anyone answer if there has been more of Mana other than her initial introduction? Since she seems to reappear in vol5?

I've got to admit that I'm REALLY curious. Any girl which scares Mazusu so much that she's literally shriveling up piques my interest massively!
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 18:19   Link #62
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
So... can anyone answer if there has been more of Mana other than her initial introduction? Since she seems to reappear in vol5?
I was under the impression that Mana never left the story (as in, she didn't move away from the country). Those Mana pics from vol 5 (it's Mana?) are in the Hime chapter, so her strange expressions are probably Hime's doing.... As I said I haven't browsed that volume (actually, I haven't tried to read 2, 3 & 4 either, so I'm eons late).

If Mana also becomes a chuuni, I have to say that my concept of her will skyrocket

edit : Images from the Character file are up. I'm always surprised at how Ruroo's Eita is such an ikemen It's in the booklet of Volume 3.

Last edited by Okashira; 2012-08-30 at 18:42.
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 23:26   Link #63
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

I think those pics are Mana in vol 5, but then again I havn't read it yet >_> unless they pop up another similar (in appearance) character like Mana in vol 5~
xBakaChanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 01:46   Link #64
larethian

I finally got around to finishing volume 5:
Spoilers
Spoiler for a brief overview of v5
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 03:00   Link #65
NeutralZero

That is an interesting way to end V5...
Thanks for the brief overview...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 05:38   Link #66
sky black swordman

Thanks @larethian .

Wow the main thing that pop out to was the ***dere.
Old 2012-09-17, 10:33   Link #67
Mentar
Banned

Well, sounds like good, normal progression, now heading into "end run" territory.

Larethian: Unless I'm totally mistaken, you'd agree that we're still headed for Masuzu ending, right?
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 11:07   Link #68
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Thanks @larethian .

Wow the main thing that pop out to was the ***dere.
Spoilers
Spoiler for reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Well, sounds like good, normal progression, now heading into "end run" territory.

Larethian: Unless I'm totally mistaken, you'd agree that we're still headed for Masuzu ending, right?
Well I hope so. Volume 1 was saying it could either be Chiwa or Masuzu. Volumes 2, 3 and 4 were screaming Masuzu end to me. This volume is more toned-down and a lot more balanced, and it seems to be heading towards Chiwa vs Masuzu showdown (which makes it a little more consistent with the title). What is definite to me is that Hime and Ai are fillers. What really bugs me is that Eita is still very focused in curing Chiwa (not saying he shouldn't, just that it can still swing back to Chiwa with that). Either way, it will be better than an open end where it's still a Shuraba between Kanojo and Osananajimi(I guess), which is actually very possible. >_<

That aside, one thing that impresses me is how the author keeps coming up with situations to stick to the Ji-En-Otsu (essentially jisakujien -> self-directed/scripted self-acted) theme.

Last edited by larethian; 2012-09-17 at 11:13. Reason: more comments
Old 2012-09-17, 12:34   Link #69
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Don't fix what is not broken.

Read up to vol 4 in text + vol 5 spoilers.

Vol 4 makes it a pretty obvious Masuzu end.

There are subtle hints, such as Eita wondering about what Masuzu eats for dinner. I am somewhat disappointed that Eita did not invite Masuzu for dinner. Maybe the author wants to save that later to further the Chiwa vs Masuzu conflict.

Eita also does not seem to have any romantic feeling towards Chiwa. It is clear that he treats her as family. The question for him is not "how do I gain her affection", but rather "how do I stop her affection without hurting her".

End of Vol 4, Eita's confession + his action afterwards just seem to finalize all that has already been established.

Eita is just in self-denial because of what happened between his parents: a method of self preservation.

Since I have never read Jojo before, I feel like missing out on a lot of related jokes and references.

Some thoughts:
- What Mazusu did to Eito the morning after the contest was :O
- There are a few Mana flags which Eito may have toggled. She has "enough" to qualify to become a shuraba participant (she is a Natsukawa afterall).
- Eito's divorced parents are just missing, they may some day have a part to play. Their reappearance may reawaken some of Eito's scars which he had covered up.
- Similarly, Mazusu's parents (father) may bring trouble some time down the road.
- Having others discover the "fake bf" thing @ end of Vol 5 may only be a minor turbulence (can it even be considered as fake anymore?). This card has been played once in vol4 by the aunt. If anything it would only encourage Eito and Mazusu to make it more real...
- As mentioned, I don't want to see them fix what is not broken - I don't want to see backward progression.
- Eito has got a few spare rooms in his house...

//edit: kaoru is giving me a hideyoshi vibe...

Last edited by Flying Dagger; 2012-09-17 at 14:05.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 19:16   Link #70
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Spoilers
Spoiler for reply
Ok well I am ok with that.
As long as no knives are brought out were ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Some thoughts:
- There are a few Mana flags which Eito may have toggled. She has "enough" to qualify to become a shuraba participant (she is a Natsukawa afterall).
- Eito's divorced parents are just missing, they may some day have a part to play. Their reappearance may reawaken some of Eito's scars which he had covered up.
- Similarly, Mazusu's parents (father) may bring trouble some time down the road.
- Having others discover the "fake bf" thing @ end of Vol 5 may only be a minor turbulence (can it even be considered as fake anymore?). This card has been played once in vol4 by the aunt. If anything it would only encourage Eito and Mazusu to make it more real...
- As mentioned, I don't want to see them fix what is not broken - I don't want to see backward progression.

Are you think that they may move in with him?

Really ?
Old 2012-09-17, 19:52   Link #71
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Not exactly move in permanently, but nothing there to stop them from finding excuses to stay over forcing themselves in from time to time...

Mazusu's living condition could probably use an "upgrade".

The idea came across my head when Mana first appeared and "forced" Mazusu to return home. I was hoping she would take refuge at Eito's against his will.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 20:17   Link #72
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Don't fix what is not broken.

Read up to vol 4 in text + vol 5 spoilers.

Vol 4 makes it a pretty obvious Masuzu end.

There are subtle hints, such as Eita wondering about what Masuzu eats for dinner. I am somewhat disappointed that Eita did not invite Masuzu for dinner. Maybe the author wants to save that later to further the Chiwa vs Masuzu conflict.

Eita also does not seem to have any romantic feeling towards Chiwa. It is clear that he treats her as family. The question for him is not "how do I gain her affection", but rather "how do I stop her affection without hurting her".

End of Vol 4, Eita's confession + his action afterwards just seem to finalize all that has already been established.

Eita is just in self-denial because of what happened between his parents: a method of self preservation.

Since I have never read Jojo before, I feel like missing out on a lot of related jokes and references.

Some thoughts:

It's pretty clear from v4 and Ai's actions that Kaoru is female . And it's Eita
Old 2012-09-18, 17:30   Link #73
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Thanks a lot larethian, the life cycle on this thread has long being dependent on some CPR spoilers from your part, Volume 5 sounds pretty fun.
Old 2012-11-18, 01:35   Link #74
ZeKeR
Superbad

I cant read lareiathan's spoiler T_T

so... any chance some fujoshi's will "cast" eita and kaoru in their BL world? XD
Old 2013-01-06, 01:06   Link #75
tm902541

Who has the Machine Translate vol 1 to vol 5
Please to share
I need Eng
tm902541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 21:15   Link #76
Used Can

I've got one question. Back when I read the manga I probably didn't pay much attention to it, since I couldn't even recall this event happened until I watched the anime, but is Masuzu truly going commando? In the anime it's hard to tell since you only see her from the side (but even then, at the very least, she'd be wearing a T-string, which is already rather daring). I also just re-read the manga after that, and in the manga it's shown as if she isn't wearing any underwear at all. In the anime OP it is also hinted she isn't wearing any.

Is there a reason behind this? I've seen Masuzu tease Eita about this in the manga during some occasions. Even when she fell on Eita, he at first thought she was wearing black panties, but then he realised it was simply dark because he couldn't see anything.

Has this matter ever been addressed in the LN? Or was it something the author simply added to tease the MC and the audience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
I cant read lareiathan's spoiler T_T
You can if you quote it.
Old 2013-01-07, 00:06   Link #77
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I've got one question. Back when I read the manga I probably didn't pay much attention to it, since I couldn't even recall this event happened until I watched the anime, but is Masuzu truly going commando? In the anime it's hard to tell since you only see her from the side (but even then, at the very least, she'd be wearing a T-string, which is already rather daring). I also just re-read the manga after that, and in the manga it's shown as if she isn't wearing any underwear at all. In the anime OP it is also hinted she isn't wearing any.

Is there a reason behind this? I've seen Masuzu tease Eita about this in the manga during some occasions. Even when she fell on Eita, he at first thought she was wearing black panties, but then he realised it was simply dark because he couldn't see anything.

Has this matter ever been addressed in the LN? Or was it something the author simply added to tease the MC and the audience?
I'm pretty sure it turned out that she was indeed wearing black panties.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 02:12   Link #78
larethian

I don't remember the panties issue getting resolved. Though Eita had a difficult time figuring how is it possible for Masuzu to be wearing panties (despite her claims that she is) from the views he got. Though I could have remembered wrongly.
Old 2013-01-07, 03:07   Link #79
Used Can

Thanks. I think my guess is perhaps correct, and the author simply added it because it was funny, but he never probably intended to develop that.
Old 2013-01-07, 09:25   Link #80
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I don't remember the panties issue getting resolved. Though Eita had a difficult time figuring how is it possible for Masuzu to be wearing panties (despite her claims that she is) from the views he got. Though I could have remembered wrongly.
This, I'm betting that this will be pretty much one of those "we'll never really know" deals. Furthermore we have that things are told through Eita's perspective, who at first is easily convinced when Masuzu says that she doesn't have anything, and then is even more easily convinced when she says "just kidding, they are actually black"

She does wear a swimming suit over at the beach, at least.

Last edited by Okashira; 2013-01-07 at 09:48.
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club, harem, romance, school life, shounen