AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 4 14.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 39.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 7.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-31, 20:53   Link #41
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Before I saw the episode, I was wondering if it was "kill by aoi" or "suicide". Then when the trial started Monokuma said something along the lines of "The number of participants in this trial has declined a lot... I wonder if it will go down even further after this trial...". Unless you claim that it was just some sarcastic remark, this was all I needed to know that it would actually be suicide in the end, because if monokuma even CONSIDERS the possiblility that the number will NOT decline this time, then that means there must be a way for the trial to end, without any of the participants being executed, and that is only possible by having the murderer be the victim itself, i.e. suicide.
Old 2013-08-31, 22:02   Link #42
Calca
Expressionless

Sucks they had the knee jerk reaction to bash Sakura over the head when she just wanted to talk.
Old 2013-08-31, 22:06   Link #43
Arkanis

I'm a little bit disappointed that the anime toned down Byakuya's declaration that he won't participate in the game anymore. In the game, he explains why he does that. Also, the anime toned down that he totally suspected Aoi, as well as why he was inable to find the correct conclusion.
Old 2013-08-31, 22:55   Link #44
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

^ being an anime only watcher I dont think him suspecting Aoi was tone down, to me it was pretty obvious.

One thing Im confused about and maybe it was just a mistake on the anime but when Aoi tries convincing them she did so theyll vote and all die, Naegi says something like 'youd die and take us with you', dont the rules state if the person they find guilty isnt guilty that person lives? Or is it the person who was the true murderer? For some reason I cant remember.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2013-08-31, 23:07   Link #45
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

^ True murderer lives, everyone else dies.
Old 2013-08-31, 23:13   Link #46
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Good point. Although the method and outcome was out of the ordinary, there still was a "murderer" and a "villain" during the whole ordeal..
Old 2013-09-01, 01:08   Link #47
Calca
Expressionless

Time for the Byakuya/Aoi shipping to start
Old 2013-09-01, 01:37   Link #48
Solitaired

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
^ being an anime only watcher I dont think him suspecting Aoi was tone down, to me it was pretty obvious.

One thing Im confused about and maybe it was just a mistake on the anime but when Aoi tries convincing them she did so theyll vote and all die, Naegi says something like 'youd die and take us with you', dont the rules state if the person they find guilty isnt guilty that person lives? Or is it the person who was the true murderer? For some reason I cant remember.
Nope everyone dies, including the wrongly accused person. This is a really unfair move by Aoi, which has been talk about in the spoiler thread, as Aoi also tried to kill Naegi and Kirigiri whom are on her side.
Old 2013-09-01, 01:56   Link #49
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
Time for the Byakuya/Aoi shipping to start
don't want to board the ship...

I'm afraid of certain dual-scissors wielder
Old 2013-09-01, 02:20   Link #50
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Its actually reasonable for a detective series to get new clues after someone has already formed a valid theory.
no problems with that, but they didn't even show the investigation phase in the anime, apart from stills showing a scene with labels, like "upside down magazine" "monokuma bottles", they always went straight to the classroom trials.

as for the super duper HS despair, "despair" is slightly different from all the other titles the other students have, "detective" "luckster" "swimmer" "fighter" etc. but despair doesn't give a clue to what the 16th student's ability is.

I won't press the issue further for now since we might get to spoiler territory

Quote:
Anyone else find it interesting that on the vote thingy, PsychoBear is one of the choices?
his(?) face is all over the building, why wouldn't it be included in the slot machine?
Old 2013-09-01, 03:19   Link #51
Marina2

Quote:

Aoi basically tried to make everyone vote for the wrong person so, all of them will die due the the rules.

If you think about it, Aoi's motivation to try to kill everyone is the strongest one so far: The Revenge for her friend.

You gotta bewere not to make the nice girl angry.

Thankfully, she returns to be a nice girl again at the end.
Old 2013-09-01, 03:30   Link #52
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Before I saw the episode, I was wondering if it was "kill by aoi" or "suicide". Then when the trial started Monokuma said something along the lines of "The number of participants in this trial has declined a lot... I wonder if it will go down even further after this trial...". Unless you claim that it was just some sarcastic remark, this was all I needed to know that it would actually be suicide in the end, because if monokuma even CONSIDERS the possiblility that the number will NOT decline this time, then that means there must be a way for the trial to end, without any of the participants being executed, and that is only possible by having the murderer be the victim itself, i.e. suicide.
Actually, he said "Will the number of people go down, or will everybody die tonight."

Of course, that's still just as much of a hint, seeing how it implies that the number of living participants can go down to zero rather than just one.

Re: Super Duper High School Despair

It hasn't been that obvious in the anime, but.

Spoiler for Happened more often in the game:
Old 2013-09-01, 05:13   Link #53
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:

The one who kills a person must be found not guilty for them to survive. If Aoi had succeeded, all of them would have been wrong on who the killer was (Sakura was the killer even though she killed herself) thus every single person would have been executed.
Old 2013-09-01, 08:01   Link #54
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

OK I thought only the murderer lived but couldnt recall exactly as I watched. Thanks everyone.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2013-09-01, 08:30   Link #55
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
About Togami's decision to retire from Monobear's game - I wonder if that's due to how Monobear intentionally tried to mislead everybody into a disastrously wrong verdict by giving a false Sakura will to Aoi (thus motivating Aoi to try to take everybody down).

Monobear is a troll, but this is the first time I can recall him going to such lengths to screw up a trial. While Monobear misleading Aoi might not go against the letter of the rules, Togami may feel that it goes against the spirit of them, so Togami isn't going to play ball with Monobear any more.
Old 2013-09-01, 08:35   Link #56
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Nah, Togami quit because Oogami committed suicide, and Asahina attempted to bring down everyone including herself. He feels this goes against the spirit of the game. If his opponents aren't into it (or afraid of it) it's no fun to play.
Old 2013-09-01, 10:48   Link #57
Solitaired

What's more is that when Sakura challenges Monokuma to their duel, she should already been executed like Junko. Instead, Monokuma reveals her as the mole. Also allowing Sakura to commit suicide in despair; you could argue that Sakura died for everyone else, but she originally planned to talk it out with the rest to accept her and fight together against Monokuma. Monokuma then toyed with Asahina for more despair.

Thus, this is his form of executing Sakura for breaking the rule on committing violent behavior towards him. Otherwise, he would not have allowed anyone to commit suicide as that is no fun.
Old 2013-09-01, 11:06   Link #58
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaired View Post
What's more is that when Sakura challenges Monokuma to their duel, she should already been executed like Junko. Instead, Monokuma reveals her as the mole. Also allowing Sakura to commit suicide in despair; you could argue that Sakura died for everyone else, but she originally planned to talk it out with the rest to accept her and fight together against Monokuma. Monokuma then toyed with Asahina for more despair.

Thus, this is his form of executing Sakura for breaking the rule on committing violent behavior towards him. Otherwise, he would not have allowed anyone to commit suicide as that is no fun.
Actually Monokuma doged her strikes so she never really hit him.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2013-09-01, 11:54   Link #59
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaired View Post

I got the idea that Monkuma -tried- to kill Oogami, but failed.

Also, she planned on killing herself before calling everyone. For one, she already had the poison on her at that time. There's also another thing that confirms it but that's another one of those things that the anime managed to skip over.
Old 2013-09-02, 10:36   Link #60
Mumi
SHSL Nerd

I'm not gonna lie, I teared up a little when AE got crushed by Monobear.

I really liked AE ;(