4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.31%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.62%
Voters: 321. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-03-15, 17:45   Link #321
X207
Gamyūsa

well i sure hope the long wait is worth it.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 17:52   Link #322
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermopyle View Post
I suppose that would be a step up and possible now that they have their deusex transam. Eh, I'd rather cheer Soma, Sergei, & Graham on than the meisters. Patrick on the other hand...hehe, he's funny but I don't care either way.
Deus ex Transam? No. Not really. In episode 22? Sure. 23 and on? No, just no.

To kill the aces, which take alot more to kill than the comrades, you need to get rid of the comrades first. If you focus only one target then the others will simply destroy you. This isn't some idiotic fight where everyone is watching like gapping morons.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 17:57   Link #323
Terra

It's like everything revealed so far in this series. It's dropped without warning so it looks far more powerful than it really is. In this ep they showed it's limits. And why it will not be something used too much since it leaves them vunerable afterwards.
Old 2008-03-15, 17:58   Link #324
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Umm... Yes they are.
oh, they just haven't updated their site yet.

well that's interesting. 0_o
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 18:46   Link #325
Tkpenalty
I Want GN Flag II

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbytay View Post
Maybe flags are BETTER than WOMEN
Maybe

Ali did get killed, his whole suit blew up. He obviously didnt get a death scene because lockon = higher priority.
Tkpenalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 18:58   Link #326
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkpenalty View Post
Maybe

Ali did get killed, his whole suit blew up. He obviously didnt get a death scene because lockon = higher priority.
I dunno about that. It seems highly likely he died, due to it being a critical battle and the nature in which he gets shot. (Since Lockon dies from the faceoff) But I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Cockroach-kun was still alive if we see him in the next ep or two.

And with Nena -- I was surprised they didn't do more with it either. I ASSUME she went back to the Trinity ship, although you think if Alejandro was ratting CB and them out, that he would have given them the location of the ship too. But lacking any evidence they know about where it is, that's presumably where she went.

I just wonder at this point if Nena is going to be a "redemption" character for season2, or if she's going to consume herself in grief in the last 2 episodes and go out with a psychotic boom like Ray did in Eureka7.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 19:15   Link #327
gathershot

Jawbreaking!

Lockon and Alleluya shown that they are not meisters for nothing. It seems that Alleluya already has inside him what it takes to block super soldiers brain waves, though it's a kind of sick method. With the addition of the tail booster, he was able to dodge an incredible number of shots and got some kills before using trans am.

Lockon was truly awesome. With one valid eye only, he was able to shoot 3 or 4 fangs bullseye. His beam saber technique was nice too as he managed to dominate Al sarshees in melee, cutting zwei's right arm, the one with the zambatto.

the second part of ep 23, all devoted to Lockon was very nicely done. It's amazing how they managed to put all these emotions in less than 10 minutes. he just doubled the huge amout of coolness points he's already had within 5 minutes. The scene with haro, the sniping, his words for his family, and the way he said goodbye to earth, all were perfect. The scene where everybody understood what was going on with haro keeping calling him was heartbreaking. So were the tears of Felt as the director had the nice inspiration for not showing her visage.

A really good episode, one of the best, if not the best for now.
gathershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 20:09   Link #328
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXEs View Post
Heh, don't worry, Patrick can never die, he's too damn lucky.
I like Patrick, forth to Sergei and Graham. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta Gundam View Post
Me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
You just have to love how the Ending theme song, just fit this episode so well, i have to quote here, tribute to Lockon.

Dammit.

why is it raining in my room?

okashii....okashii.....

;_;
Friends, second stanza... /salute
Old 2008-03-15, 20:24   Link #329
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

I suppose its safe now to categorize Lockon as a GAR character.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 20:33   Link #330
hamstar
just passing by

i think haro wasnt doing his job when neil/lockon was shooting them fangs

lazy haro!!
Old 2008-03-15, 20:35   Link #331
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

So uh wtf exactly happened to Nena? Did Setsuna just leave her wandering around all alone on the Earth without her brothers?
Old 2008-03-15, 20:42   Link #332
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
So uh wtf exactly happened to Nena? Did Setsuna just leave her wandering around all alone on the Earth without her brothers?
Yeah, she's just a loose end here. She's got no one to give her orders, no brothers to look after her and she's an emotional wreck.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 20:46   Link #333
Demongod86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Yeah, she's just a loose end here. She's got no one to give her orders, no brothers to look after her and she's an emotional wreck.
Why do I have a funny feeling that on her way up to space to get to her mothership she'll come across Lockon floating around barely alive who'll keep her from turning into a crazy grief-consumed cute-but-troubled Stella/Four/Ple clone?
Old 2008-03-15, 20:50   Link #334
Nanaya
ハイパー武器英雄

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
i just presumed that they had enuff time within the CB1 battles and when they showed it in ep 22.

i got a gn-x count. ep 20:3 - eins, exia, gn arms.
21: NA,
23: 6 confirmed, 7unconfirmed: 3 kryios (1 unconfimed when soma met him). 2 virtue. 7 dynames: 1 confirmed 6 unconfirmed.(daryl's squad)
so at most they 13 gn-x with a minimum of 6 destroyed.
Actually in 23, the GN-X count is:

starting: 25 ( 26 if 1 throne is included, the real 26th is now a GN Flag)

Kyrios killed 1 with the surprise blast.
Virtue then killed 1 with a flank shot.
Virtue killed 1 when it was chased.
Kyrios killed 1 before his tail booster was destroyed.
Virtue kills 3 more after Trans-Am.
Dynames destroys 6 with a single barrage.
Darryl's GN-X kamikaze'd.

A total of 14 GN-Xs destroyed, which makes sense especially since the retreat scene shows 11 units only.

So the final kill count for the meisters comes down to:
Allelujah - 2
Tieria - 5
Lockon - 6

And Lockon did his with the Trans-am, but then again, he had the GN-Armor on him. Also, almost beat Ali without said h4xx.

He really is the best meister in the team. But then again, this could be only because of the fact that Al had to face much better grunts in Sergei's squad that Al only got 2 kills as a result.
Old 2008-03-15, 20:54   Link #335
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
You forgot the two ships lockon downed as well. Putting what he destroyed far higher than anyone else.
Old 2008-03-15, 20:59   Link #336
crossgundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkpenalty View Post
Maybe

Na if u look carefully the shot only damage the side of zwei so ironcally speaking he is not dead yet
crossgundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 21:01   Link #337
Demongod86

Ali isn't so much a cockroach as he is the best pilot (or maybe 2nd best next to graham) right now. He's not going to go down until the very end, IMO, what with Alejandro charging in there to be the season-ending Big Bad.
Old 2008-03-15, 21:02   Link #338
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Ali isn't so much a cockroach as he is the best pilot (or maybe 2nd best next to graham) right now. He's not going to go down until the very end, IMO, what with Alejandro charging in there to be the season-ending Big Bad.
Really? I'm pretty sure Lockon was kicking Ali's ass every way from Sunday. He's a cockroach by the type of person he is, not his skills.
Old 2008-03-15, 21:03   Link #339
gathershot

@nanaya

you forgot patrick.

the battle was 26 gn-x (14 destroyed, 11 getting away from alleluya + patrick's) + 1 throne (zwei) vs the meisters.

Counting the 3 gnx destroyed before and graham fake gn drive, it makes 30 fake gn drive for the 3 powers.
gathershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 21:21   Link #340
CombiHenge

The count of GN-X's may not really mean much now... It's good to count down the original 30, but at the end of Episode 21, the AEU passed orders for the analysis (i.e. reverse engineering) and mass production of the GN drives. Go back an episode and Billy had the blueprints/schematics.

It's quite likely that they have the technology to repair them all, and also construct new ones.
CombiHenge is offline   Reply With Quote