AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 76 44.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 57 33.73%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 28 16.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 2.37%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.59%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.59%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.59%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.59%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-10, 23:16   Link #21
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Excellent episode and nice attention to detail everywhere. Ranka's hair seriously has its own gravity. Surprised to see her name spelled out in the too. That puts the spelling thing to rest.
Old 2008-04-10, 23:22   Link #22
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I guess I'm a convert. I really can't follow the fighting properly and don't care about the vehicles, but this looks good, has good movement, and the characterizations are moving at a good pace. The music is used perfectly, it seems to me. Too many unlikely coincidences but, hey, Dickens had them, too.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-04-10, 23:53   Link #23
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
im in love with the ending song.

seriously the VA for Sheryl is amazing.

can't wait for Galaxy Network to release the album.

:3

oh, no such thing as coincidence in Macross.

Only destiny.

Old 2008-04-11, 00:04   Link #24
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouta View Post
Excellent episode and nice attention to detail everywhere. Ranka's hair seriously has its own gravity. Surprised to see her name spelled out in the too. That puts the spelling thing to rest.
Has Ranka ever had haircut? I mean if she can control her hair, it should have somatosensory system on. I wonder how she feels when scissors work on her hair.
Old 2008-04-11, 00:05   Link #25
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I definitely need to subs to laugh if Sheryl did hit on Ranka.

Who knew that the triangle could be Sheryl x Ranka x Aruto?
Old 2008-04-11, 00:20   Link #26
Westlo
Lets be reality

Okay I sat down and watched the raw just than instead of going straight to the ED song like last night. It's bad enough I know fuck all Japanese without being completely tired so I didn't watch it last night.

Fight scene at the start was fucking awesome, love all the bgm pieces played in it. Looks like next episode will have some nice action too! Also I think it's safe to say that Yoko Kanno is back. (if you were disappointed in the score for DtB like I was!)
Old 2008-04-11, 00:39   Link #27
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
im in love with the ending song. seriously the VA for Sheryl is amazing. can't wait for Galaxy Network to release the album. :3

oh, no such thing as coincidence in Macross. Only destiny.
VA for Sheryl is Endou Aya, who was Miyuki in Lucky Star. She has been singing for years, as part of a seiyuu group called Plume. She has hit the big time this season, starring as Angie in the new Angelique, and as Lena in the new Mai-Otome, as well as here. Here's another pic, from an ad featuring Plume:

EDIT: But she didn't sing this ED: Endou Aya plays the character Sheryl, but May'N sings the ED as Sheryl.

Oh, and I'll remember that about destiny. Love it.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-04-11 at 02:25.
Old 2008-04-11, 00:43   Link #28
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

The new ED is simply beautiful.
Old 2008-04-11, 00:50   Link #29
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoy78 View Post
The new ED is simply beautiful.
Yeah, my fav song so far out of the 5 for the show so far.

Last edited by Westlo; 2008-04-11 at 01:34.
Old 2008-04-11, 01:24   Link #30
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Yep May'n is amazing. No wonder she was chosen as the singing voice for Sheryl. I can't wait to hear Ranka's VA belt them out without holding back as an amateur. My fav. ED is still ED#1.
Old 2008-04-11, 01:27   Link #31
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Oh yeah,

Macross no Naku Koro ni anyone? =P

Old 2008-04-11, 01:35   Link #32
Westlo
Lets be reality

Hello Yuuno!
Old 2008-04-11, 01:47   Link #33
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
OMG I am absolute in love with Macross Frontier now, I am a huge fan of .hack/maxlad OST style and the way that they arrange the sound track was epic.

Also the fight was much more interactive and interesting than Gundam, in macross you win some you lose some, RIP that ace =(

the back ground track from 15:49 is

and I love Ranka's reaction in this moment XD

Old 2008-04-11, 02:47   Link #34
ipernorris

Nearly the end were the pilots blaming Alto for the death of the pilot who came to fight the monster originally?
Old 2008-04-11, 02:52   Link #35
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

this episode is awesome tons of action and a lot plot.

Spoiler for sda:
Old 2008-04-11, 03:08   Link #36
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrana View Post
this episode is awesome tons of action and a lot plot.

Spoiler for sda:
Well that's too bad because all Macross series are based on the "singing crap".
Old 2008-04-11, 03:14   Link #37
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Nearly the end were the pilots blaming Alto for the death of the pilot who came to fight the monster originally?
I don't think so. I didn't quite get all of it, but my understanding of what Ozma said was that SMS's Skull Squadron has a tradition that, when one of them dies, the one who watched it (I'm assuming that's usually a squadronmate) tells the others how it happened afterwards.

I don't think Ozma's punching Alto out afterwards was because he blamed him for Gilliam's death - his expression right beforehand seemed to me to be more like an "I like your guts, kid" grin. After all, logically speaking it was a fairly silly request - Alto has a grand total of maybe five or ten minutes' time-in-type and combat time, no experience working with any of the others, and Gilliam's Valkyrie was in a thoroughly smashed-up state (and I doubt SMS has so many Valkyries and is so desperately short of pilots that Ozma would just hand him another one, no questions asked).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Well that's too bad because all Macross series are based on the "singing crap".
Yeah, but come on - singing while piloting a Valkyrie in combat with a guitar controller is pushing things just a bit. =P
Old 2008-04-11, 03:15   Link #38
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
hopefully they have a cameo concert with basara

anyways great ep, very excited, that last scene was great
Old 2008-04-11, 03:16   Link #39
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

I for one am GLAD Ozma brought Alto down to Earth.

Let him earn that VF-25.
Old 2008-04-11, 03:30   Link #40
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
I don't think Ozma's punching Alto out afterwards was because he blamed him for Gilliam's death - his expression right beforehand seemed to me to be more like an "I like your guts, kid" grin. After all, logically speaking it was a fairly silly request - Alto has a grand total of maybe five or ten minutes' time-in-type and combat time, no experience working with any of the others, and Gilliam's Valkyrie was in a thoroughly smashed-up state (and I doubt SMS has so many Valkyries and is so desperately short of pilots that Ozma would just hand him another one, no questions asked).
Yeah that's true but, for what I can tell, he performed quite well in those ten minutes so he deserves to be trained properly imho. Ah no wait, he will have to deal with the monsters again next episode... I guess he will have no training, he will improve by himself on the battlefield and perhaps he will develop a friendship with the monsters by the end of the series...

Quote:
Yeah, but come on - singing while piloting a Valkyrie in combat with a guitar controller is pushing things just a bit. =P
Yeah I agree with you but who cares... it was nice to see so and this is what matter for real. It's a given that if a pilot would do something like that in real life he will be thrown in jail for quite a long time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoy78 View Post
I for one am GLAD Ozma brought Alto down to Earth.

Let him earn that VF-25.
Uhm the dude performed quite well for being a noob, don't you agree? And he has guts as well because not all persons would go against those flying monsters just to protect an unknown girl.
Closed Thread