AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-14, 13:52   Link #21
7thMethuselah

Onegai Twins being licensed is a good thing. I really really hope rays: they don't cut out or change the bath scenes those ruled! It looks like we'll have to wait for at least a year before they actual release but this one I will almost certainly buy.

If you are a pure leecher than any release is a small disaster because that means getting the episodes is alot harder, but I'd like to ask all of those people to buy AT LEAST one DVD every once in a while, the creators of the show deserve it. I don't think many people buy all the series that they see but that's not needed, buy anime DVD's to support the industry that's what counts!

About dubs, I personally hate those but if the DVD's have both a dubbed and a subbed version I don't mind those dubs at all, that way all fans can get their preferred version. But for me the original japanese version is all I want
Old 2004-04-14, 14:37   Link #22
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
I'm mad about GSeed being licensed because I know it will take at least a year for the series to come out completely

Be mad about SEED. Go ahead. But no one else cares (especially not Bandai) cause now they've got it on Cartoon Network every saturday for the next YEAR. That'll bring in more people than any number of fansubs (since most fansub fans will probably find some excuse to not buy the legit release.)

And as for year long releases, that's about par for the course when it comes to 24-26 episode R2 releases. Scrapped princess will finish up with the 12th disc out roughly a year after the first disc was released. It took SEED a year to air. It'll take it another year to air on CN, and if it takes 10 months (since it'll probably be 10 discs) it'll take 10 months for it all to be out on DVD (starting in september.)

Don't whine. Companies will make no room for fansubs anymore, and no number of complaints will make them reconsider.
Old 2004-04-14, 15:00   Link #23
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by microlith
I'm mad about GSeed being licensed because I know it will take at least a year for the series to come out completely

Be mad about SEED. Go ahead. But no one else cares (especially not Bandai) cause now they've got it on Cartoon Network every saturday for the next YEAR. That'll bring in more people than any number of fansubs (since most fansub fans will probably find some excuse to not buy the legit release.)

Don't whine. Companies will make no room for fansubs anymore, and no number of complaints will make them reconsider.
They might not care for fansubbers but it would be nice if they listened to the FANS when they ask not to butcher up a series ... After all the customer is always right ... or not???
Old 2004-04-15, 17:15   Link #24
YRP Nova

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Onegai Twins being licensed is a good thing. I really really hope rays: they don't cut out or change the bath scenes those ruled! It looks like we'll have to wait for at least a year before they actual release but this one I will almost certainly buy.

If you are a pure leecher than any release is a small disaster because that means getting the episodes is alot harder, but I'd like to ask all of those people to buy AT LEAST one DVD every once in a while, the creators of the show deserve it. I don't think many people buy all the series that they see but that's not needed, buy anime DVD's to support the industry that's what counts!

About dubs, I personally hate those but if the DVD's have both a dubbed and a subbed version I don't mind those dubs at all, that way all fans can get their preferred version. But for me the original japanese version is all I want
It's that some people are too cheap to buy it . I love the dubbed for onegai teacher, i dont know about the others .
Old 2004-04-15, 18:26   Link #25
microlith

but it would be nice if they listened to the FANS when they ask not to butcher up a series

If you don't like the edits done on TV, then be quiet and buy the DVDs.
Old 2004-04-16, 17:09   Link #26
YRP Nova

Quote:
but it would be nice if they listened to the FANS when they ask not to butcher up a series

If you don't like the edits done on TV, then be quiet and buy the DVDs.
The DVD version was censored too.
Old 2004-04-22, 03:44   Link #27
roguenoir
Rogue Member

I'm still mildly surprised that Onegai Twins got licensed, considering the sheer amount of incest overtones, but then again, Angel Sanctuary made it too. The U.S. version will very likely be censored..
Old 2004-04-22, 09:20   Link #28
microlith

The DVD version was censored too.

What was censored? What series? None of the shows that were edited on CN were edited on DVD.

The U.S. version will very likely be censored..

Not likely. There's no reason to, nothing that needs to be censored is really in there. Onegai Twins isn't going on TV, either.
Old 2004-04-22, 09:38   Link #29
Za Paper

None of the shows that have aired on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim have been edited on the DVD release.
Old 2004-04-22, 09:46   Link #30
Gold_Rogers
Famous Dead Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
They might not care for fansubbers but it would be nice if they listened to the FANS when they ask not to butcher up a series ... After all the customer is always right ... or not???
I have a feeling that the "customer is always right" would not sit well with him.
Old 2004-04-22, 22:57   Link #31
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Not likely. There's no reason to, nothing that needs to be censored is really in there. Onegai Twins isn't going on TV, either.
I agree. There are a ton of other examples, but off the top of my head, there was more nudity in Mahoromatic, for example. As you said, it may be slightly different if it were on TV, but even then I wouldn't expect it wouldn't truly need to be censored. I like to think (maybe wishful thinking?) that we've grown up a bit past the days when we needed to paint on bathing suits... Besides that, it's not as if the bath scenes were sensual or played up - they were just having a bath... In any case, all they have do for Please Twins is slap a 16+ on the DVD, and they're all set.
Old 2004-04-22, 23:45   Link #32
microlith

Mind you the painted on bathing suits were ONLY on the TV and edited vhs release of the Tenchi OAVs. The DVD releases are unaltered.
Old 2004-04-23, 00:37   Link #33
hentai_wolf
Vivisectionist VI

Quote:
Mind you the painted on bathing suits were ONLY on the TV and edited vhs release of the Tenchi OAVs. The DVD releases are unaltered.
And those edited TV VHS releases came out a long time after the original VHS releases.
Closed Thread