AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-01-23, 02:22   Link #21
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Jae-Hoon was a child when he went into that state. Caladbolg might have his memories but there's pretty much no way that's Jae-Hoon.
Indeed, he was a child, but around 20 years have passed since Immortal Regis ended. That, and we don't really know how exactly Caladbolg affected Jae Hoon.
One, of course, is the possibility that it possessed him and holds his memories, but that makes little sense considering the honest fixation Caladbolg seems to have on Nex. So, I think the most likely idea is that Caladbolg simply merged with Jae-Hoon. This merge twisted Jae-Hoon making him evil, it probably granted him some knowledge Caladbolg had and all of its powers.
Old 2013-01-24, 04:51   Link #22
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Indeed, he was a child, but around 20 years have passed since Immortal Regis ended. That, and we don't really know how exactly Caladbolg affected Jae Hoon.
One, of course, is the possibility that it possessed him and holds his memories, but that makes little sense considering the honest fixation Caladbolg seems to have on Nex. So, I think the most likely idea is that Caladbolg simply merged with Jae-Hoon. This merge twisted Jae-Hoon making him evil, it probably granted him some knowledge Caladbolg had and all of its powers.

it's look like sealed part of Caladborg is the main reason Jae-hoon regain his self, but by that time Nex already become his true enemy. and by the look of it this could be very well part of Oski scheme
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 08:01   Link #23
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNine View Post
it's look like sealed part of Caladborg is the main reason Jae-hoon regain his self, but by that time Nex already become his true enemy. and by the look of it this could be very well part of Oski scheme
I'd be more worried about Ouroboros than Oski at this point. He's only character who practically everything about what's going on and even Oski doesn't know what he's thinking.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 19:00   Link #24
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNine View Post
I think using Nex's behaviour is a bit of a moot point considering how much he's changed. He's almost an entire different person now.

See Caladbolg's behaviour when they met at the mountain in Xix's town. Caladbolg got seriously angry that Nex kept on rejecting him as his brother. You could tell he was genuinely angry, and not because he couldn't deceive Nex. Not only that, but he seems to be genuinely loving of Siana - whom Cal pretty much nearly blatantly hinted was Nex's daghter - and he's also taking care of Ninurrta. So, he likely loves his family.

This is why I'm saying that Caladbolg is nothing but a corrupted and powered Jae-Hoon.
Old 2013-01-24, 19:17   Link #25
Xion Valkyrie

If Caladbolg stopped trying to destroy the world Nex wouldn't be trying so hard to kill him.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 19:29   Link #26
Used Can

I'm not saying otherwise. I'm simply saying that Cal and Jae-Hoon are effectively the same person right now.

That said, Nex is no saint either. Even if we say he has to make hard decisions, things like what happened at Xix's town were overreactions of him and uncalled for. So, unless I'm missing something out, there isn't much to justify him either.
Old 2013-01-24, 19:49   Link #27
Xion Valkyrie

Well, the Night Clan mutations seem to be extremely infectious (seems like just touching can get you infected) and there seems to be a short incubation period, so in order to stop the infection they have to kill everyone because for all they know half the town could have already been infected.
Old 2013-01-24, 19:57   Link #28
Used Can

Except that only Linne was infected, and we didn't see her infect anyone else.
Not only that, but Depore told Nex immediately that Linne was infected. So, I think the same could have been done with the rest. He could have the non-infected people out and off those who were infected, but he simply went and killed every single person in town.
Old 2013-01-24, 20:04   Link #29
Xion Valkyrie

She was infected back in the forest, but she didn't show any symptoms until the day after. When Depore saw her, she was already growing tentacles and what not, so that really prove whether or not Depore can detect it before it manifests.

I'm when everything started, Nex probably did try to save as many people as possible but in the end it the most effective way to stop the infection from spread was to kill everyone to make sure the infection ends there, so that's the standard protocol now.
Old 2013-01-24, 20:12   Link #30
Used Can

Quote:
She was infected back in the forest, but she didn't show any symptoms until the day after. When Depore saw her, she was already growing tentacles and what not, so that really prove whether or not Depore can detect it before it manifests.
Indeed, but remember Linne touched some people the day before, and none of those people showed any kind of infection. Then, what she did the day after, wasn't to infect anyone but outright kill them.

Furthermore, Linne was covered. You couldn't see her tentacles and whatnot, yet Depore still managed to pinpoint her.

Quote:
I'm when everything started, Nex probably did try to save as many people as possible but in the end it the most effective way to stop the infection from spread was to kill everyone to make sure the infection ends there, so that's the standard protocol now.
But that's silly. He'll end up killing more people than he can save that way.
Old 2013-01-24, 20:19   Link #31
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Indeed, but remember Linne touched some people the day before, and none of those people showed any kind of infection. Then, what she did the day after, wasn't to infect anyone but outright kill them.

Furthermore, Linne was covered. You couldn't see her tentacles and whatnot, yet Depore still managed to pinpoint her.

But that's silly. He'll end up killing more people than he can save that way.
Well, we really don't know how infection works. It might take a day for it to take effect, but they could still be infectious. Maybe Depore can only detect it after it's been 'activated'.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure Nex subscribes to Kirigitsu's brand of 'kill a million to save a billion' brand of justice.
Old 2013-01-25, 00:12   Link #32
chancs

Quote:
Depore can read one's mind easily. So she can identify the livings.

Quote:
There's just no way Nex would have thought of saving everyone first. His betrayal by Serin was so shocking to him that he practically hates the word 'Night Clan' itself.

Quote:
Well, we really don't know how infection works. It might take a day for it to take effect, but they could still be infectious. Maybe Depore can only detect it after it's been 'activated'.
The 'activation' condition can't be logical here. They all reached the village for the search of Kolby and Liana came out stamping and with murderous intent towards Siana.

Thoug it is also plausible that Kolby set the activation particularly when Nex enters the village. Kolby was very much interested in Siana and had some doubts of her parentage. The best way to take away her was to create enough mayhem so that Nex is busy elsewhere. Do note that Siana looks just like Serin (her eyes).

The tactics are brutal by Kolby. He knows that Nex looses control whenever his brother is mentioned. So what is the best way to shake one's feeling of superiority. STAB at his weakness.
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 00:50   Link #33
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I don't think Nex cares about much of anything, anymore. True or not, he's been painted as a ruthless tyrant from the start of Cavalier. He's nothing like the kid who took the crown all those years ago. It's like, whatever gave Cal his Jae-hoon personality back removed all personality from Nex. Everyone around him seems miserable.
Old 2013-01-25, 02:56   Link #34
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Cal his Jae-hoon personality back removed all personality from Nex.
Well... Cal has always had Jae-Hoon's personality and Jae-Hyuk was pretty much still a nice guy even when Jae-Hoon got possessed by or merged with Cal.

Whatever changed Nex must have taken place during the Magnanix. I'm even wondering if Serin backstabbing him is the sole reason why he's changed this much. From what little I think I understand about the Magnanix is that a lot of shit (other than the war) happened back then. So, probably Serin's betrayal may simply have been the tip of the iceberg.

As for everyone around him being miserable, Ifrita's misery is well-deserved. She's nothing but a manipulative bitch from what we've seen, and she deserves the loveless marriage she has. She wanted power? She's got it.
Mithra doesn't seem to have it too bad. In fact, she's one of the two people we've seen Nex being genuinely nice to. I'm sure she doesn't like seeing her father treat her mother like shit, but she seems to deal with it rather well.
Regarding Ninurrta... yes, his case is a bad one. He doesn't deserve the treatment he's getting from Nex, considering he's been trying his best to be what his father wants him to be, yet all he keeps getting is shit from him.
Old 2013-01-31, 04:48   Link #35
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Lovely Extra chapter that was... Xix and Yuan are really cute together. Ah, it's good to be young...

But the last two pages...they just HAD to twist the knife, didn't they...Star-Crossed Lovers indeed...
Old 2013-01-31, 05:00   Link #36
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Two things to figure out. Who is Siana really? And why did Serin betray nex?
Old 2013-01-31, 09:07   Link #37
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Siana's origin was already told in the last few chapters.

As for Serin...I can imagine...

Spoiler for Deal with Serin and Nex:
Old 2013-02-04, 04:58   Link #38
Drkz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Siana's origin was already told in the last few chapters.

As for Serin...I can imagine...

Spoiler for Deal with Serin and Nex:
All he said was Clan of the Night. Which doesn't mean much. The only thing I can think of from Clan of the Night is their from the human world?
Old 2013-02-04, 20:36   Link #39
Drkz

Chapter got updated. Holy shit.
Spoiler for Wut?:
Yeah I just got more lost.
Old 2013-02-05, 12:05   Link #40
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Chapter 70 released~

Yuan takes Xix out for a datebreather.

I don't mind the slowing progression of the story since we are getting up to 2 chapters per week instead of the usual one-per-week deal, but I hope we can get a good reason for Nex acting like an ass other than 'he's mad at the world' type deal.