AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-28, 02:44   Link #3861
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
It's even funnier when ur playing something like jarvan, alistar, amumu or malph and blitz hooks u into their team. xD.

Seriously though, blitz is way overrated. But ur right. His lvl1 invades are dangerous.

Thresh on the other hand...

Thresh op, better nerf blitz?
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 07:00   Link #3862
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
For the record, Thresh/Blitz is almost permabanned because not only it can screw up bot lane who don't know how to counterpick or play against it, but also the jungler because of the immense lvl 1 invade threat they possess.

I personally don't have a problem with either in bot lane, as I main Leona (9/10 wins ranked, and I think a couple of them they picked Thresh INTO a Leona just because he was open lol). But as a jungler, I'd rather do without having to worry about either as I don't trust my teammates to help against an invade, or even trust that bot wont feed and thus need to get babysat. They are just too volatile, especially when you suddenly find out your Thresh support cant land hooks for the life of him. XD
Zac and Shyvana gotta be the scariest junglers because of Zac's E and Shyvana's Ult can catch you off guard as @#!$%
Old 2013-05-28, 10:51   Link #3863
Kreceir

An 4-koma with Rengar and Singed,

Panel 1
Rengar: Hey! Singed! watching TV?
Singed: Yup.
TV: This comeback round has proven us again that any chance is a chance! And we should hold on to the chances!
TV: And now let's go into a commercial.

Panel 2
TV: In the legend, if you can rip of a lion's mane, the fallen hairs will grow back...

Panel 3
Singed: ....!

Panel 4
Rengar: The F*ck?
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

After the 4-Koma.

Kha'zix: Hey buddy, have you seen an white haired lion around here?
I am his sole enemy, we agreed on having a duel here but I can't seem to find him...
No Hair->Rengar: ....
Images
Old 2013-06-01, 07:58   Link #3864
Kreceir

I love this Artist so much

Images
Most adorable Lulu and Kog'maw
Old 2013-06-01, 11:21   Link #3865
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Whens the new Champ coming? >.<
Old 2013-06-02, 22:30   Link #3866
Kreceir

Ah man, lost 49 LP points in my 3vs3 ranked team, lost three times in a row.
this matchmaking system is quite punishing, one of my team mate usually uses LoLNexus to check what ranked they are.

Went against people that were Gold IV/III'ish and Platinum I guys.
Mind you, we are in silver division V, and we usually go against silver division II/I
Old 2013-06-03, 00:37   Link #3867
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I was placed against silver leagues when I was in my preliminary matches so yeah..
Old 2013-06-04, 04:12   Link #3868
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

I just bought Jayce because I love his poke, but after three defeats I realized I don't know how to play him Anyone have any tips?
Old 2013-06-04, 04:16   Link #3869
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by rennir View Post
i just bought jayce because i love his poke, but after three defeats i realized i don't know how to play him Anyone have any tips?
powaaaaaaah slam.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 04:28   Link #3870
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
I just bought Jayce because I love his poke, but after three defeats I realized I don't know how to play him Anyone have any tips?
You can't play a champ well enough with just 3 games. Keep playing him, maybe read a guide concerning items and runes/masteries. I'm not a Jayce player but I reckon he's somewhat similar to Nidalee in that one of the key elements is to know when to jump in the fray in melee form and when to stay out of it.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 07:18   Link #3871
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
He has combos, Combine the abilities with both forms, not just his poke. Doing Cannon W then switching to Hammer you will hit 3 times really quick, combining that with Hammer Q.
Old 2013-06-04, 16:16   Link #3872
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Jayce is quite hard for me to get used to. Of course I keep playing Kha'Zix top that prevents me from trying Jayce. I once fought a Riven top and got decimated. Of course she started a +armor start and I didn't have that fortune. So that's probably why?
Old 2013-06-05, 06:57   Link #3873
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Gotta use that Merc Cannon a lot early game against certain champions.
Old 2013-06-05, 09:54   Link #3874
Kreceir

Sorry if it I'm whining, but I just found out what the compensation were for the EU servers downtime....
20 Win IP Boost, yep that is pretty much it.

Meanwhile Korea gets
Silent night Sona+Sona if the didn't have the champion yet ,1k rp,10 win ip boost.

I'm sorry, but this is just making me a bit frustrated, since I play on the EUW our LoL servers kept crashing and made it unplayable for like 2-3 weeks, the first day Korea got this issue People were working on it and had a forum post.

There where a few post on the EUW about server equality, and this compensation doesn't really give us any.

I'm glad that the servers are doing oke but, the compensations for the EU compared to Korea is just a slap in the face.

Sorry, just wanted to blow things out, and maybe see a few opinions about this.
Old 2013-06-05, 15:18   Link #3875
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

XD
Old 2013-06-05, 18:19   Link #3876
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

^
"I bait you AND outsmart you" - *moves chess piece*

I've been loving the reddit comments about this.

There's also a Malaysian all-girls team with a similar "concept". I won't embedd the vid here as it's even worse than the Team Siren one, just search for "Mystical Angels" - They're not even trying to look competitive, it's the A-Pop version of a team.

Srsly, these two team concepts are prime examples of how not to promote female competitive gaming.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 07:58   Link #3877
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

^ Exactly why people are making fun of them. If they rose in popularity like the others did and not make a over exagerating and feminista video about gaming and owning you, they would have been taken serious. But no... They seem to be advertising their Streams for tips and kickstarters.

Just hope people don't do the stupid thing they did with Arkisian and help her make 120k on trolls.
Old 2013-06-07, 03:52   Link #3878
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
It's even funnier when ur playing something like jarvan, alistar, amumu or malph and blitz hooks u into their team. xD.

Seriously though, blitz is way overrated. But ur right. His lvl1 invades are dangerous.

Thresh on the other hand...

Thresh op, better nerf blitz?
Nerf Thresh please.
Old 2013-06-08, 21:39   Link #3879
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Just saw the CLG documentary. Didn't really tell me much of anything that I didn't already know (I have been religiously following the pro scene ever since TSM's first go4lol), but I donated 20 bucks anyways, if only so that TSM's main rival would still be there. XD

Although wow, I thought Athene got it bad with Own3d, but CLG as an organization got royally fucked over by that contract. I knew they had to stream, but I didn't think the amount owed to them amounted to 6 figures. Good thing TSM jumped to Twitch when they did.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 13:45   Link #3880
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Pretty late response, but better late than never, right?^^

So, Jayce gameplay 101:

1) Decide what role you want him to take; he has a wider skill kit than your average Jarvan but his primary role is that of a bruiser (i.e. solo top till TF then poke hard and either initiate or follow-up on an initiation to change the flow of combat). Still, he CAN be used in long-poke teams with assassins or even as an ADC, if properly itemized.

2) Make out a general path you want to follow when it comes to building items, based on which stats you want to raise. For bruiser, Trinity Force is a must because TONS OF DEEEEEPS it complements his dash as well as his ultimate skill effects, while giving an all-around boost to your stats.

Afterwards, based on whether you're doing well or not, focus on brutalizer items (cleaver generally rocks, but last whisper applies to your hard poke, so consider it as a later option while focusing on AS or utility instead. His hammer shots restore mana based on your W's level, so keep that in mind before opting for mana gear).

3) In a more damage-oriented build, switch to BFS-made items so as to increase your burst and then get some lifesteal for backup. This way, you can engage or break fights, heal up and make a comeback shortly afterwards. A guardian angel is a good choice for defense, since your main focus will be boosting AD till you can shave off 40%+ of an AP carry's HP with one empowered shot; from that point on, it just gets ridiculous :P

Now, how to actually play Jayce: His longest combo opens with cannon W -> transform -> hammer W -> Q + 3 hits from cannon W -> E for an immediate extra hit with bonus HP-based damage -> transform -> cannon W shots, E -> Q if someone's still alive and running. Of course, you can open up with plasma shot, but acceleration gate is too good of an escape mechanism to waste early on, since you may get ambushed mid-game.

Farm in hammer mode to keep your mana levels high, always seek to punish hard whoever is reckless enough to step into your zone and if you're caught by surprise from behind your turret, hammer Q into minions near brush and juke with accel gate.

Having said all that, I haven't played Jayce (or LoL, for that matter) since 2012 as I have been away from civilization for quite a while. Don't know if any new champions counter him hard or if he got nerfed to the ground, but he should still be a pretty good pick for solo top.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
league of legends, lol