AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-11-21, 11:33   Link #1181
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
More lore and backstory is always welcome; I for one hope there's plenty to be had in the game, both presented in the course of events and awaiting discovery by thorough players. One interesting means of presenting backstory can be found in Act of Aggression: upon completing certain missions in the campaign, an associated prequel mission, played from the OPFOR perspective, becomes available.

That said, what has been laid on the table is interesting. For one, it's noted that the discovery of ragnite and its applications changed many things, but how exactly does this qualify as an 'age of monarchy'? Is this a poor choice of terms where they wanted to describe a new era of competition among nations, with ragnite being a tool and prize both?

It also sounds like the player characters will become aware over the course of the campaign that the cause they're risking life and limb for is a flawed one... after all, it appears that Jutland is in fact the aggressor in the scenario. However, the possibility that the incident which set the blockade in motion might in fact be a response to some as-yet-undisclosed act - maybe a failed decapitation strike by Rus' 'snake eaters'? - cannot at this time be dismissed.

Extra credit if ragnite in this AU takes after a certain infamous crystalline material in having unforeseen and nasty side-effects...
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-21, 14:51   Link #1182
Shadow5YA

Yeah, if anything, it sounds more like the Industrial Revolution. I don't see how industrializing Ragnite could lead to a monarchy, unless they meant "monopoly"...
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 08:30   Link #1183
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Guess we should create a separate thread since SEGA confirmed that it's not a sequel or anything related to the VC verse, only with the exception of having some shared properties. Unless people object.

It does seem to be a prequel of things to come though...

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-21, 04:26   Link #1184
SidVicious
Anime addict

Sega teases Valkyria Chronicles Remaster western release

http://gematsu.com/2016/01/sega-teas...estern-release
Old 2016-01-21, 05:39   Link #1185
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

What's to remaster? The cell-shaded graphics don't really age. That's the beauty of it.
Old 2016-01-21, 09:29   Link #1186
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
What's to remaster? The cell-shaded graphics don't really age. That's the beauty of it.
60fps I would imagine.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-22, 08:05   Link #1187
Velsy

So its the same game thats on PS3 coming to PS4 ? Which is the same version thats on Steam now ?

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-22, 08:19   Link #1188
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
So its the same game thats on PS3 coming to PS4 ? Which is the same version thats on Steam now ?
Looks to be the case.

Already got VC on the superior gaming platform master race PC though (), at least PS4 players get to see the same benefits.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-25, 10:07   Link #1189
SidVicious
Anime addict

Valkyria Chronicles Remastered coming west this spring

http://gematsu.com/2016/01/valkyria-...ng-west-spring

The PlayStation 4 version of the tactical RPG runs in 1080p at 60 frames per second, and features both Japanese and English audio support, all the original downloadable content, and PlayStation Network trophy support.
Old 2016-01-25, 13:40   Link #1190
Velsy

So if I have it on my PS3, why would I want it on my PS4 ?. Is there something I am missing ? Is this just Sega wanting more money while they refuse to release us a VC3 still ?

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-25, 14:13   Link #1191
SidVicious
Anime addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
So if I have it on my PS3, why would I want it on my PS4 ?. Is there something I am missing ? Is this just Sega wanting more money while they refuse to release us a VC3 still ?
I already have the game on the PS3 (day one purchase at the time) and love it.

I will buy the remaster because the game is that good.
Old 2016-01-25, 17:43   Link #1192
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Well... unfortunately I didn't get too far into the game because it lacked trophy support (even though I was loving the game the whole time), now that the PS4 version will support it.... I'll definately get into this one~
Old 2016-01-26, 00:01   Link #1193
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I dont see any upgrades.
Old 2016-05-17, 08:51   Link #1194
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
And on the subject of the remaster, IGN's Toby McCasker saw fit to recently share this opinion on the game. He and I agree that Sega did a poor job marketing it outside of Japan (though they've apparently learned from this mistake), but the meat of the article covers the fascinating, flawed world and the equally-so characters inhabiting it.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-11, 06:41   Link #1195
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Old 2016-06-11, 07:09   Link #1196
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

GT- I mean EZA's been dropping a lot of 4s and 4 1/2s. good review
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-11, 14:20   Link #1197
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This is still the rare game I think is really good....but I can't go back to finish it . That one loss just sucked the motivation to press on right out of me. Got through a couple missions after that, but just put it back on the shelf.
Old 2016-06-11, 14:24   Link #1198
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
This is still the rare game I think is really good....but I can't go back to finish it . That one loss just sucked the motivation to press on right out of me. Got through a couple missions after that, but just put it back on the shelf.
I feel exactly the same. The game isn't even particularly showy when it comes to building its characters but just the single lost of one of them paralysed me in fear of loosing another.

On the other hand VC2 I just stopped playing because meh... levels became unnecessary hard for some reason.
Old 2016-06-11, 15:02   Link #1199
Chosen_Hero

Old 2016-06-11, 15:09   Link #1200
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I feel exactly the same. The game isn't even particularly showy when it comes to building its characters but just the single lost of one of them paralysed me in fear of loosing another.

On the other hand VC2 I just stopped playing because meh... levels became unnecessary hard for some reason.
You need more training, time to go back to Fire Emblem and remember what character loss feels like :P

I was under the impression I had completed this game. Much to my surprise, I am still missing 9 decorations and 1 character! Unfortunately, I am super busy with DS3 for the moment and still have a Disgaea replay left over, but I'll get back to VC soon enough...hopefully before September. I do remember this game being too easy at one point, using CP to empower my shocktroopers so much that they could rip entire tanks apart with their MGs.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote