Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-04-12, 08:44   Link #981
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
lol. A Kirino Fan Arrested for Threatening Ore no Imouto Writer because of favouring Kuroneko in the past volumes

PS. The site is a NSFW. Be careful if you're going to read it
I remember some news about fan rampage back when vol 8 came out... That was from the Kuroneko fans of course

*Ayase fans sitting at one corner chilling*
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 08:46   Link #982
Westlo
Lets be reality

So in 6 months time will an Ayase fan get arrested?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 09:15   Link #983
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

It stands to reason that it would happen, no?

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 09:21   Link #984
Maugomale

Quote:
lol. A Kirino Fan Arrested for Threatening Ore no Imouto Writer because of favouring Kuroneko in the past volumes

If he had stayed quiet, he would be happy now that Kyousuke is 100% siscon for Kirino and Kuroneko is supporting them
Maugomale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 09:38   Link #985
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Actually I'm more interested in this part-

Quote:
Fushimi seems to have taken the episode in his stride, as he was spotted playfully alluding to the incident in the 10th volume of the series.
Did such a thing happen in the volume or the afterwords ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 10:09   Link #986
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

I will know tomorrow (since I ordered from Kino online, I'd have to wait).
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 10:31   Link #987
Mystic_Vegetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

One of the chapters I believe is about Ayase having a Stalker. So maybe he used this experience to write that chapter?
Mystic_Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 13:05   Link #988
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:

this, and the posted link had to send us in sankaku out of all possibilities, it's twice the fun of the article
Old 2012-04-12, 14:00   Link #989
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:

Seriously, these kinds of 'shipping losers (not just the perp but many of the commenters cited) NEED to be poked at strenuously and the authors stand up to them. They're a large part of why it can be embarrassing to be a fan and frankly the rest of the fans could do without them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maugomale
If he had stayed quiet, he would be happy now that Kyousuke is 100% siscon for Kirino and Kuroneko is supporting them
Good luck with that hypothesis... Kuroneko doesn't think Kyousuke can really have a relationship with anyone until he resolves the problems in his relationship with Kirino. I'm don't see how anything more can be asserted. This series has played twist/turn bait/switch since page one.

Traditionally, stories will have one character who is the "catalyst" for a relationship... the author is doing a pretty good job of juggling multiple catalysts leaving readers guessing as to how it will play out. Yes, its driving the readers nuts - which is what good entertainment can be ... but then a few readers (like our perp) don't react very sanely.
Old 2012-04-12, 15:44   Link #990
Maugomale

It looks like this is the page where the whole fiasco with the arrested guy was referenced:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Maugomale; 2012-04-12 at 16:45.
Maugomale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 17:36   Link #991
Flere821
Lurker

I've found the 1st chapter after going to some other sources... and wow, it's hilarious

'Bros' hanging out talking about a lot of things, in typical OreImo fashion. I had a good laugh at that
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 18:30   Link #992
Lisemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maugomale View Post
It looks like this is the page where the whole fiasco with the arrested guy was referenced:
Spoiler:
And what is supposed is said there?
Lisemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 20:07   Link #993
chaosprophet

About the arrested fan, think twice before trusting everything you see on sankaku. I saw the same news on two other places, and nowhere it says it's a Kirino fan. Just says is someone who dislikes Kuroneko and was annoyed at her being more central to the story (and of course someone quite stupid to go threaten the author).
Old 2012-04-12, 20:43   Link #994
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

^ Now you've said it, you were right. I also saw this one on another site and didn't even mentioned anything if he was Kirino fan or not. Oh!Great

PS. Oh, I forgot that sankaku was known for its misleading title
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 22:03   Link #995
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
About the arrested fan, think twice before trusting everything you see on sankaku. I saw the same news on two other places, and nowhere it says it's a Kirino fan. Just says is someone who dislikes Kuroneko and was annoyed at her being more central to the story (and of course someone quite stupid to go threaten the author).
Not to dispute... but this sounds like a Kirino worshipper saying "oh he wasn't one of US".... when all we really know is the guy was NOT a Kuroneko worshipper. That leaves a ... 1/3? chance

Anyway... I may take to calling these mental cases "worshippers" because I'd like to keep the word 'fan' as a positive attribute
Old 2012-04-12, 22:22   Link #996
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Not to dispute... but this sounds like a Kirino worshipper saying "oh he wasn't one of US".... when all we really know is the guy was NOT a Kuroneko worshipper. That leaves a ... 1/3? chance

Anyway... I may take to calling these mental cases "worshippers" because I'd like to keep the word 'fan' as a positive attribute
I'm a Kirino fan indeed (it should be quite visual on my sig after all XD). My reason in saying that is in part because of the sentiment one gets when someone that is somehow related (by ideology, tastes, between many others) do something that would look shameful and that others may wrongly view it as a representation of the whole. Especially if that someone isn't confirmed to likes X or Y and someone just says as if it was. But extremist fans exists everywhere. If it was a Kuroneko fan that did that, I'm sure fans of her would want to say a thing or two. Same as how gamers may feel when someone goes and kill someone saying it was X game influence.

But another part is my distaste for how sankaku handle things. Making things looks bigger than they should, posting random comments of people in a board as if it was the major sentiment, between others.

Last edited by chaosprophet; 2012-04-12 at 22:35.
chaosprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 22:32   Link #997
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
I'm a Kirino fan indeed (it should be quite visual on my sig after all XD). My reason in saying that is in part because of the sentiment one gets when someone that is somehow related (by ideology, tastes, between many others) do something that would look shameful and that others may wrongly view it as a representation of the whole. Especially if that someone isn't confirmed to likes X or Y and someone just says as if it was But extremist fans exists everywhere. If it was a Kuroneko fan that did that, I'm sure fans of her would want to say a thing or too. Same as how gamers may feel when someone goes and kill someone saying it was X game influence.

But another part is my distaste for how sankaku handle things. Making things looks bigger than they should, posting random comments of people in a board as if it was the major sentiment, between others.
Agreed... Sankaku is (at best) the "World Weekly News" (home of the Bat Boy) of anime culture. I may have a cynical opinion of ANN but their news just has a 1000% more credibility.
Old 2012-04-13, 04:12   Link #998
Mentar
Banned

The main point that I'd like to be making is: By making the social pushback against incestual relationships an open issue in the story, the probability of getting a Kirino/Kyousuke "living happily ever after" ending has gone down significantly. In order for that to work, the issue would have had to be sidestepped completely, or at least be marginalized.

So, I would expect Kyousuke to continue to indulge in his current Kirino affection until the social pushback is going to slap him straight in the face. It's starting with his parents, and it's going to continue with Ayase and other friends of his. So, in the end, I can see them kiss, or in a very extreme case spend a night together (unlikely)... but not in a "happily ever after" way. Both he and Kirino will have to grow up and return to being siblings while retaining a non-romantic mutual affection. If they should develop an "us against the world" mentality, it would only be temporary. Any other resolution would strongly go against what I perceive to be the "spirit" of the story.

For a long time I was convinced that Kuroneko would win the race in the end. But my doubts are increasing. First of all, she _really_ lives in her Maschera world. She _really_ plays her role, taking her "curses" at least semi-seriously. Kyousuke on the other hand is not like this, he's generally a very straight-laced guy who is drawn into the anime culture in order to care for Kirino, not out of his own volition. Also, her support for "be with Kirino" (for now) may look kind, but is seriously bad advice. Also, what's the followup intention? "Get Kirino out of your system so that you can be with me?" ... while I think she's still the most likely "ending match", I am not sure that it would be a really natural linkup.

I prefer Ayase as final pairing, because she's closest to Kyousuke in disposition and type (even though she'd probably skewer me if I told her that). Both she and Kyousuke are generally "normal" people. Her anti-anime feelings in the beginning mirrored Kyousuke's own, they were only much more pronounced with her. Before their initial falling-out, she took an immediate liking to him, and Kyousuke was smitten with her off the bat, so the chemistry is there. With Ayase, Kyousuke showed a natural flirtatious playfulness which he never showed to any other girl - especially not Kirino. They enjoy being with each other, even in Ayase's most TSUNdere phases.

To me, the clincher for my preference of Ayase is that - unless I misunderstood the summaries - Ayase decided to honestly "come out" and confess to Kyousuke _AFTER_ she learned about the seriousness of the Kirino/Kyousuke tryst. She didn't try guilt trips, she didn't go for "let them fail and then pick up the pieces" trickiness, she entered the fight with an open visor. Here I am, I want to be with you, please choose me. She definitely won't be successful with this confession, but I hope that in the end she will persevere.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 07:03   Link #999
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Kirino/Kyousuke tryst.
I didn't get where you came up with this
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 07:34   Link #1000
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I didn't get where you came up with this
I meant them walking home, hand in hand - along with their uber-friendly-affectionate behavior. What freaked out her parents.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings