Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-16, 13:28   Link #2061
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lie View Post

aishiteru in the poem >>>>>>>>> the exchanging of kisses
I get this impression that the simple idea of them kissing each other scares people.
Yeah, except that the kiss is totally confirming the mutual feelings, while the 'aishiteru' according to certain people, is not that much of two-sided.

At any rate, people should just look the simple thing, when it comes to the poem-explore:
Shirley says, that Lelouch always slipped away somehow and realized his Geass was gentle when it came to his important people.
C.C well, don't really care much to write it, but none-romance at all.
Kallen, is the only one totally exploring the possibility of Lelouch loving her back and that is NOT open to any interpretation.
Make your own conclusions again.
Old 2009-02-16, 13:50   Link #2062
Eliarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
Yeah, except that the kiss is totally confirming the mutual feelings, while the 'aishiteru' according to certain people, is not that much of two-sided.
And at the risk of being called biased again, mutual kiss confirms mutual kiss.

Quote:
Kallen, is the only one totally exploring the possibility of Lelouch loving her back and that is NOT open to any interpretation.
Make your own conclusions again.
Nope, in your interpretation, Kallen is not only "exploring the possibility of Lelouch loving her back", she is so bloody convinced that this is the only thing he would have said, and in all honesty no less, that she dares claim it so firmly when she's supposed to be shy about such things. And yeah, some of us do think that clueless, what-is-this-love-thing-you're-talking-about Lelouch loving her so, so very much and being so sure of his own feelings that not only would he have used such a strong word out of nowhere, but Kallen herself would have understood that he saw her as his soulmate without a shadow of doubt, seems a bit too much.

Especially when most the fandom is still questioning whether or not he did have this kind of feelings for her and you need a complete essay to back up the logic behind this.
Old 2009-02-16, 14:03   Link #2063
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
And at the risk of being called biased again, mutual kiss confirms mutual kiss.
Lol, i am not gonna call you biased. Rudeness never helps. I hate it {most of the times} actually. |DD;
Anyway, like i have said repeatedly, the translators around these places, said that the word used for "kiss" goes for something more like this, and i am willing to trust them, till proven wrong. I have no other choice as well, i can't start looking at my agenda to call my Japanese friends that i do not have to convince me otherwise. 8DDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
Nope, in your interpretation, Kallen is not only "exploring the possibility of Lelouch loving her back", she is so bloody convinced that this is the only thing he would have said, and in all honesty no less, that she dares claim it so firmly when she's supposed to be shy about such things. And yeah, some of us do think that clueless, what-is-this-love-thing-you're-talking-about Lelouch loving her so, so very much and being so sure of his own feelings that not only would he have used such a strong word out of nowhere, but Kallen herself would have understood that he saw her as his soulmate without a shadow of doubt, seems a bit too much.

Especially when most the fandom is still questioning whether or not he did have this kind of feelings for her and you need a complete essay to back up the logic behind this.
This not exactly my interpretation but ok.
I am just gonna say, in relevance to "shy", that someone sure can be shy, but at some point or another, that person lets it go. I am not sure that Kallen was SO shy when she tongue-kissed Lelouch. She just let out all her feelings. Threw the shy-ness out of the Guren-window.
The 'shy' part, is more like, Kallen is not the type to go all "yokata, yokata, he luuuuved me". Not a chance, so there must have been a tiny reason that staff used certain words in the poem.
Also, i never claimed that Lelouch {if, let us put this here for the sake of the debate} loved Kallen romantically in the same level she did. Not a chance x 2, Kallen loved him like 4343094093 x 4834930 mountains combined together for a lot of reasons, that make her love so deep for certain reasons. [look foundation of her new existence, believing in win blah blah]

eta: and in general, being shy does not mean you are stupid and you can't comprehend certain things.

Last edited by incorrupts; 2009-02-16 at 16:49.
Old 2009-02-16, 18:30   Link #2064
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
LOL, you guys have me loling on the morning of my second school day~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lie View Post

aishiteru in the poem >>>>>>>>> the exchanging of kisses
I get this impression that the simple idea of them kissing each other scares people.
Lie-san!

Well, I am surprised and {overjoyed} that they dared to use Aishiteru at all after{you know what}.
(And I don't even know where the "probably" comes from, it's not a story about a girl with zomg devotion trying to win over some emo guy's heart after all....)

Not to mention it was Lelouch's behavior and attitude that triggered Kallen's "What am I to you?" question.

Last edited by dec4rhapsody; 2009-02-16 at 23:37.
Old 2009-02-16, 18:35   Link #2065
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
LOL, you guys have me loling on the morning of my second school day~
What, are we jesters and we do not know it or something?

@Levy:: I kinda agree with what you said there. Oh, and do not try to search for a lot of politeness in this section, it is like CCxL in R2, you barely notice it.
I do not actually agree with Narona's question, about asking for a certain "author", cause it is like extremely difficult to find a certain name, and in the end, does not matter much, since it comes from the staff, but saying something "right" with the wrong words { "ridiculous" for example} can lead to opposite results. :x

At least we "entertain" people with our debates, we gotta give credit to ourselves for that one.

Last edited by incorrupts; 2009-02-16 at 19:15.
Old 2009-02-16, 19:28   Link #2066
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Since someone brought up aishiteru again. I thought I try to find an article regarding the word. Even though an very good article was posted in the kalulu group, I wanted to find a different one to post here.

Spoiler for aishiteru:

The sentences I underlined really caught my attention. In relation to Kallen. Since Kallen was the other party involved during turn 22 with Lelouch and her poem gave some insight on to why Lelouch stayed silent(Did anything else come out offically regarding Lelouch's silence? Since Lelouch was pretty much OOC at that moment). I would think she understood Lelouch at that moment after realizing what he was planning on doing for ZR. I'll give Kallen the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited by SonOfHeaven; 2009-02-16 at 19:47. Reason: Added a sentence.
Old 2009-02-16, 19:34   Link #2067
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
Since someone brought up aishiteru again. I thought I try to find an article regarding the word. Even though an very good article was posted in the kalulu group, I wanted to find a different one to post here.

The sentences I underlined really caught my attention. In relation to Kallen. Since Kallen was the other party involved during turn 22 with Lelouch and her poem gave some insight on to why Lelouch stayed silent. I would think she understood Lelouch at that moment after realizing what he was planning on doing for ZR. I'll give Kallen the benefit of the doubt.
Well i guess it depends on each situation as well, cause watch Lyle in Gundam for example saying 'aishiteru' through the visual-wallie and you get what i mean. |DD;
Not exactly, the ultimate-form-of-love-unique-moment material.

Words can be exaggerated as in their context of meaning, if one is willing to do so. The important thing, is that it was mentioned in Kallen's poem. Everything else, is kind of more sauce to the pizza for me. 8DD
Old 2009-02-16, 19:41   Link #2068
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Well i guess it depends on each situation as well, cause watch Lyle in Gundam for example saying 'aishiteru' through the visual-wallie and you get what i mean. |DD;
Not exactly, the ultimate-form-of-love-unique-moment material.

Words can be exaggerated as in their context of meaning, if one is willing to do so. The important thing, is that it was mentioned in Kallen's poem. Everything else, is kind of more sauce to the pizza for me. 8DD
I'm not an fan of romance in Gundam series personally(Or most anime series actually). Especially one's that two characters interacted one time, then time skip, then out of nowhere two people are together lol.

I understand that and I agree.
Old 2009-02-16, 19:48   Link #2069
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
I'm not an fan of romance in Gundam series personally(Or most anime series actually). Especially one's that two characters interacted one time, then time skip, then out of nowhere two people are together lol.

I understand that and I agree.

Oh lol, is this reverse-situation from the afternoon? Just go to Gundam and you will see my thoughts there. |DD;

But about 'aishiteru' i just meant, that this you provided, was more of a poetic-nice touch. The point is, that this word is being defined as the ultimate word for "love" whether that one is family or romantic one.
And i think, it is great to see that word so few times in Geass world, and Kallen got a piece of that.
Old 2009-02-16, 20:00   Link #2070
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:

Oh lol, is this reverse-situation from the afternoon? Just go to Gundam and you will see my thoughts there. |DD;

But about 'aishiteru' i just meant, that this you provided, was more of a poetic-nice touch. The point is, that this word is being defined as the ultimate word for "love" whether that one is family or romantic one.
And i think, it is great to see that word so few times in Geass world, and Kallen got a piece of that.
Going to an romance thread for a Gundam show . I'll check it out but I just find the romance isn't even interesting in Gundam 00 or even the show itself(I won't expand on this here and upset some of the hardcore fans of Gundam 00).

Main reason I posted that bit from an article was because of what I underlined. Since it reminded me of Kallen's character post season on how Lelouch became so important to her. It was nice to see Kallen use the word in her poem too bad it wasn't in the show(Gum line I'm looking at you. Too bad we'll never know the exact reason why it was cut.).
Old 2009-02-16, 21:43   Link #2071
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
[B][FONT="Tahoma"]

@Cosmic Eagle:: There was a connection before-hand, because with this logic, Lakshata would have gotten it on with Ougi, Tamaki with C.C and so on.
I'm sorry, but if i were Kallen i would look to cover my ass not to get pawned by Lancelot and not spending my time topping Lelouch or drink my milk-shake and get the jealous-pants because he hangs out with pizza-women and stuff. And Lelouch, telling her, all these teasing jokes too. {two sided ftw! 8D}
These things, do not happen every-day in the land of rebellion-war. It's not butterflies and rainbows.
--------------------
From Gundam romance thread, redirected. {dammit, the romance in Geass, is like diseassoo lol}

ETA: Can someone provide the scan and the name of the "author" of this goddamn mutual-line again you guys? And the translation of it? {i am tired to do the search again among the pages |DD;}
I meant in the sense of actually fighting together, braving combat etc like two soldiers.
Old 2009-02-16, 23:29   Link #2072
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
@Nobody:: I never said that Shirlulu is not great in its own aspects. It is just, that Shirley is more supporting that one. And crap, had Sunrise not pulled so much tragedy-air towards her, we might had have seen something more, but alas.
I never said you did. I simply read your post and I added my own two cents worth in regards to Shirlulu.

But you are right that Shirley contributed more to the relationship (that is what you meant, right?). Of course, it couldn't really be helped since Lelouch decided to distance himself from her in order to protect her (so much for that). And the same could be said about Kallen since he didn't want to get her involved in ZR. On a lighter note, I think Lelouch's love life could be summed up with this paraphrased quote:

"There's someone out there for everyone. And sometimes there's two people for one person. I call that a jackpot."
Old 2009-02-16, 23:44   Link #2073
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
The sentences I underlined really caught my attention. In relation to Kallen. Since Kallen was the other party involved during turn 22 with Lelouch and her poem gave some insight on to why Lelouch stayed silent(Did anything else come out offically regarding Lelouch's silence? Since Lelouch was pretty much OOC at that moment). I would think she understood Lelouch at that moment after realizing what he was planning on doing for ZR. I'll give Kallen the benefit of the doubt.

Hmm, Kallen's poem was sorta the first material concerning Lelouch about this "silence" matter.
In general we have sth like "because you keep those who are truly precious to you away" in regard to Lelouch's attitude(or inaction) towards Rivalz and Kallen from the same source of the mutual chuu line.

@sky
Gomen, I didn't mean that.
I am just surprised (and happy) to see the romance thread revived~
Old 2009-02-17, 00:20   Link #2074
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
Hmm, Kallen's poem was sorta the first material concerning Lelouch about this "silence" matter.
In general we have sth like "because you keep those who are truly precious to you away" in regard to Lelouch's attitude(or inaction) towards Rivalz and Kallen from the same source of the mutual chuu line.
Thanks, I was wondering about that.

This is off topic but I will never read a GxK fanfic ever again(My friend sent me an link to the fanfic, to get my reaction). Kallen's is just too OOC(author believes GxK is canon due to the wedding pic). In two days in the fanfic, Kallen had fallen for Gino and Lelouch never made Kallen happy like Gino lol.

/of my small rant.
Old 2009-02-17, 00:47   Link #2075
Nosauz

is this deja vu? lol I'm glad i wasn't here at the begining of this thread let alone the first 3 iterations of this thread, but yea go shirlulu/kalulu,/cluclu w/e floats your boat, see who really needed to get shipped is cecile, she really has that milf thing going
Old 2009-02-17, 01:17   Link #2076
mngafan

Quote:

it is like CCxL in R2, you barely notice it.
Not every fan thinks this way. If that was the case, what would be the purpose of the scenes between them? Why would the staff bother to make kallen ask c.c in turn 24 if she loved lelouch? Just to say it's not like c.cxlelouch was almost invisible.

The problem with Kallen's poem is that it represents her thoughts and what she wanted to hear. "If you had said 'I love you'"; she yearned for lelouch to tell her that because she loved him deeply. I remember the phrase "even if it was a lie": the way the sentence was written, that part was supposedly given less importance. Ok. But still, was there even a reason to add this part then? My point is, Lelouch's feelings cannot be confirmed via this poem.

What is the translation for the "understood his feelings" matter? Gino said the same thing to kallen in turn 24, so did lelouch to nina in the next turn... Yet, they were not talking about romance... Was it explicitly stated that she understood that lelouch loved her? She could well have understood his feelings towards zero requiem, or anything else.
Old 2009-02-17, 01:31   Link #2077
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mngafan View Post
The problem with Kallen's poem is that it represents her thoughts and what she wanted to hear. "If you had said 'I love you'"; she yearned for lelouch to tell her that because she loved him deeply. I remember the phrase "even if it was a lie": the way the sentence was written, that part was supposedly given less importance. Ok. But still, was there even a reason to add this part then? My point is, Lelouch's feelings cannot be confirmed via this poem.

What is the translation for the "understood his feelings" matter? Gino said the same thing to kallen in turn 24, so did lelouch to nina in the next turn... Yet, they were not talking about romance... Was it explicitly stated that she understood that lelouch loved her? She could well have understood his feelings towards zero requiem, or anything else.
Just trying to do anything possible to dismiss those two, huh? The feelings matter is not the same as Gino to Kallen or Lelouch to Nina. It's not toward anything else. To suggest that she understood his feelings toward Zero Requiem just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

The poem is written by the staff, which means that it's more than just longing. It's not something she would just assume unless she knew it were true.
Old 2009-02-17, 01:39   Link #2078
Nosauz

ok that doesn't make sense, because if thats the case, the staff wrote the show therefore all the characters are omniscient?
Old 2009-02-17, 01:49   Link #2079
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
ok that doesn't make sense, because if thats the case, the staff wrote the show therefore all the characters are omniscient?
Not the point I was trying to make. In any side material, what the staff writes is to emphasize a certain point. With Kallen and Lelouch, it's always emphasizing what they feel for each other. His "little wish" for her, the poem assuming that very strong form of love, hiding his "true feelings" in Turn 22, etc, and Kallen likewise understanding him in the end.
Old 2009-02-17, 02:06   Link #2080
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Not the point I was trying to make. In any side material, what the staff writes is to emphasize a certain point. With Kallen and Lelouch, it's always emphasizing what they feel for each other. His "little wish" for her, the poem assuming that very strong form of love, hiding his "true feelings" in Turn 22, etc, and Kallen likewise understanding him in the end.
The argument against against it is (as I understand it) that Kallen came to understand Lelouch's feelings for Zero Requiem I mean in regards to ZR but couldn't come to see Lelouch's feelings towards her.

And "Even if is a lie" doesn't connect with "Even if you had lied about loving me" which is the simpler case, it seems to connect with "I have no idea what you felt for me so I would have accepted a lie"

Last edited by yvj; 2009-02-17 at 02:25.
Closed Thread