AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2007-09-30, 18:01   Link #1001
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

Just watched the OP, it looks to combine aspects from both Kanon 2006 OP (snow intro) as well as AIR TV OP (characters w/names). It seems a bit faster paced than Kanon's, but probably because the snow scene takes up almost 30 seconds or a third of the OP itself. Kanon's snow scene intro is a lot shorter but stretched out the individual character scenes.

Th ED is quite a change from Kanon and AIR as well, displaying a story through some cute children's book style imagery, althou it still follows in Key-KyoAni's tradition of portraying a main theme of the series. I really like the ED song.
Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 21:53   Link #1002
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
The character names are animated. Maybe it's more difficult to overlay animated text than static text, like the CLANNAD logo itself, is.
Maybe so, but I bet they could've animated the CLANNAD logo if they wanted to. They went through all the trouble to animate the character names, then why not the title (which is definitely more important than the cast names) as well? I mean, they did it in Air and Kanon... why not here?

But all these rhetoric questions really isn't going anywhere, since only KyoAni would know. And I guess I'm the only one who really cares about the title not showing up in the creditless OP/ED, and probably the only who cares if the Clannad logo is plain compared to the cast names. >_>

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 02:46   Link #1003
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
But you just stated how successful Code Geass was. What's your opinion on it?
It was excellent, one of the best anime in the last few years and I eagerly await the sequel which should be out next year. Sunrise made up for a lot of crap gundam in the last few years with Geass and Lelouche was one of the most interesting leads in anime in a long time.

Here's my short impressions of Geass in the Geass overall impressions thread

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...6&postcount=30

Anyway we are getting off topic now....
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 03:17   Link #1004
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Oh? I guess I wasn't as interested in Code Geass as the general population then. Although I have a feeling that the success of Code Geass wasn't due to the 3 months they took to release the final episodes, and due to other factors.

Honestly, I still don't think it's a good idea. It's just my personal opinion, but I like seasons to have a general feel of finality, even if it isn't complete, before taking a few months to a year to start a new season.

But you just stated how successful Code Geass was. What's your opinion on it?
All I'm going to say without taking things even more off topic is to try a greater variety of genres and see for yourself what you think. The only way to know for something for sure is to see it first hand, and no second hand opinion, no matter how detailed can give you the full experience of something.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 03:45   Link #1005
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
Oh same here! I started loving KEY's works after playing Kanon. Although Air has a large fan base I personally don't like tragedies too much. I think I'll be skipping Little Busters! due to its story line...

And for fighter scene...we should say 'one-sided-slaughter'...they're all hilarious, unlike Mai's fight.

Yes, Clannad has arcs for different characters. However the characters in Clannad are all closely linked with each other that the whole game of Clannad is one big story, as opposed to multiple stories in Kanon.

There's only one and only true ending for Clannad but I don't think 26 episodes is enough to show it. The Kyou route and Tomoyo route are both long enough to make a 52 episode show themselves.

Thanks for the info on Clannad!
The way how there is only one story for Clannad despite the multiple individual character stories, the whole Kyou and Tomoyo route thing sounds like Kyoto animations might have a little trouble pacing the story...but I think they can handle it though.
Well, looks like I'll be looking forward to this new anime in the fall.
EDIT: I've seen the ED for the anime, but not the opening yet...
But what's up with the ending though?...The song I might have to get used to, but the whole meaning behind the ending...is that the main character's favorite food or something?
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 04:21   Link #1006
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

herr... no, these "blob" have nothing to do with food.
It has blatant family mood, which fits the song as well.
I believe you should check houkoholic lyrics of the ED, it might help.

Of course, if you are a complete clannad newbie, that doesn't make much sense. But the strong family mood is a big indicator, and the ED certainly delivers it very well.
Old 2007-10-01, 04:31   Link #1007
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
herr... no, these "blob" have nothing to do with food.
It has blatant family mood, which fits the song as well.
I believe you should check houkoholic lyrics of the ED, it might help.

Of course, if you are a complete clannad newbie, that doesn't make much sense. But the strong family mood is a big indicator, and the ED certainly delivers it very well.
yea, I'm a total Clannad newbie.
So basically, the ending song just tells a small story about a "dango" family.
This should be interesting since people experienced in the Clannad story knows what this ending is about.
Old 2007-10-01, 09:20   Link #1008
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Since it's against the rules to spoil you too much, if you want to ask game related questions, I'd suggest you go to this place:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=55257

but you're likely to be heavily spoiled since that area is made just to spoil newcomers. You can try the Q & A sections if you only want to be lightly spoiled.

What I think is KyoAni is going straight for the main heroin(Nagisa) and have little corners of the other characters. For CLANNAD, this is actually easier than Kanon as it is possible for everyone to be involved in Nagisa's route. We won't see the ending of the other characters, but I think they will somehow find a way to shift the classic scenes into the story (e.g. Tomoyo 64 hits, look at her legs flash in the promo!)
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 09:29   Link #1009
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
What I think is KyoAni is going straight for the main heroin(Nagisa) and have little corners of the other characters. For CLANNAD, this is actually easier than Kanon as it is possible for everyone to be involved in Nagisa's route. We won't see the ending of the other characters, but I think they will somehow find a way to shift the classic scenes into the story (e.g. Tomoyo 64 hits, look at her legs flash in the promo!)
Ah nice to see the other characters are a bit more integrated with Nagisa than say Ayu and Kanon's cast.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 11:42   Link #1010
nknownspeedr

hi

does anyone know any subs that will do clannad tv?
i just cant wait to see the 1st ep =) and I was wondering which subs would do it
nknownspeedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 12:54   Link #1011
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Currently rewatching Kanon with one of my housemates, so I'm definitely getting in the mood for Clannad. Glad to see the forum is already so lively. I'm very busy this semester, so this might be the only anime I have time to watch right now...

The ED...it looks so innocent! Aww...(and less boring to watch than Kanon's ED >.>)
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 13:20   Link #1012
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

The OP for Clannad is looking really impressive. I am definitely looking forward to it.

Moon Phase's post about how that Clannad will be split into 2 segments and aired in fall and spring, with Winter dedicated to Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi would be the one thing that I would like to have confirmed by that point.

Sunohara's design is nice.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 13:23   Link #1013
nanafan
horo fan

i got a dumb question, what is this anime about?
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 13:42   Link #1014
Nyao
>Enter title here<
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Nyao
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanafan View Post
Read the thread o.o? Or post in Q/A

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=55248
Nyao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 13:50   Link #1015
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanafan View Post
Believe or not, the ending animation as well as the lyrics to the song pretty much summarises the basic plot of the story.

There is no plot twist nor anything extra ordinary to this anime (or rather the game that this anime is based on), it's all about immersing oneselve in one of the most fundemental human social qualities - that of "families" - ordinary people forming bonds and making "families". It's about love and making sacrafices for your family, and the happy and sad things which occurs in life. It really is that simple.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 14:09   Link #1016
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
There is no plot twist nor anything extra ordinary to this anime (or rather the game that this anime is based on), it's all about immersing oneselve in one of the most fundemental human social qualities - that of "families" - ordinary people forming bonds and making "families". It's about love and making sacrafices for your family, and the happy and sad things which occurs in life. It really is that simple.
You made it sound so simple, but it took me quite a while of playing to figure that out. The theme of CLANNAD: family. It is so well blended into the story line that it became so unnoticeable, yet important.

It seems like I'm the only one who doesn't like the ED.
Don't get me wrong, I like the animation and the concept, just this variation of Nagisa's theme song I don't like.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 14:54   Link #1017
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Since it's against the rules to spoil you too much, if you want to ask game related questions, I'd suggest you go to this place:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=55257

but you're likely to be heavily spoiled since that area is made just to spoil newcomers. You can try the Q & A sections if you only want to be lightly spoiled.
Thanks for the advice, but I don't think I want to get heavily spoiled for Clannad. I tried to resist looking up on what was going to happen in Kanon through Wikipedia, but I resisted and watched it through without spoilers.
I just wanted to know what was the meaning through the whole ending.
So I guess family is the theme for Clannad.
Old 2007-10-01, 16:12   Link #1018
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Well, "Clannad" does mean "family" in Irish...^_^
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 16:28   Link #1019
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

@houkoholic
Whoah there, hold your horses. Too much info. Now I guess I'll never touch the ED ever until the end of the show. If it wasn't pointed out that well, I would've just thought it was something totally unrelated to the main plot (like say one of Nagisa's plays).

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 16:40   Link #1020
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

The ending only describes people making families, that's all it says. The anime's central plot is the same. You can't be spoiled about the plot this way because it's just basically about life in general (people born, grow, love, marry, give birth, die - all facts of life). The plot in Clannad is very very simple, and it IS about life and family, but the plot is not the point of the anime.

Like all Key works, it's not about starting from A to reach destination B - it's about enjoying the scenary in between. In a way, that's just like life itself. And if you think you've been "spoiled" from my description as well as the lyrics in the ED, then you're not going into Clannad with the right mind set to begin with.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, key, romance, school life, seinen