AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-01, 03:10   Link #1
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

[Manga] Claymore Chapter 78 Discussion

Welcome to the monthly discussion thread for Claymore, Chapter 78.

The thread was created before the chapter was published. Usually false spoilers start to appear early so (naturally) people always need a place to discuss them.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • The Claymore manga is licensed by Viz so questions about scanlations or answers about scanlation are not allowed. Remember that AnimeSuki does not enable downloading of any licensed anime or manga.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.

Chapter 79 will probably be released on April 4th, a month from now. That's the usual release date.
Update: Chapter 79 is being released on May 4th. Yeah, everyone else is disappointed also.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2008-04-24 at 03:45.
Old 2008-03-01, 03:30   Link #2
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Wow... I was wondering when this thread would be started.
Old 2008-03-01, 03:31   Link #3
Synria_
Aboard Kallen's Bandwagon

You got me all excited and by creating this thread I thought it was released already... damn...
Old 2008-03-01, 03:32   Link #4
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, this month's installment? Lots of blood flying around, that's for sure.
Old 2008-03-01, 03:32   Link #5
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
LOL You're not the only one.

Just 3 more days until the release, so I give it maybe 12 hours after the initial release before a subbed version comes out :3

I am so looking forward to see what the Survivor 7 are going to do to Agatha. By the looks of it, Clare is going to lay waste upon her, considering she already slashed the poor Awakened Being's leg to pieces :3

Plus, I'm looking forward to more development between Miata and Clarice, if there is going to be any, however. I like them personally, so I hope they get some more character development done on them.
Old 2008-03-01, 03:51   Link #6
Lights of Euphoria
Ilene's Squeaky - Toy...

Send a message via MSN to Lights of Euphoria
I'm still rather dumbfounded how come Galatea took her precious time with Bloody Agatha, nevermind little Miata in the background.
She was a former no. 4 for crying out loud...
Old 2008-03-01, 03:54   Link #7
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lights of Euphoria View Post
I'm still rather dumbfounded how come Galatea took her precious time with Bloody Agatha, nevermind little Miata in the background.
She was a former no. 4 for crying out loud...
So?

Galatea was a former number 3, but Agatha was a former number 2 before she awakened and became even more powerful. Also Miata's number is below her strength rating because of her mental handicap. Honestly, Galatea needs to be a lot more powerful than a number 3 just to keep up with those two.

Galatea was not taking her time, she was struggling to stay alive while fighting out of her depth.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2008-03-01, 03:58   Link #8
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

No.3 actually. Also, note that she's a defensive. I guess she's the "balanced" type, good at attack and defence. Remember, Jean had the greatest penetration power of her time, and she was only no. 9.

Besides her manipulation of Yoki, Galatea's other asset is the extent of her power boost when she taps into her own Yoki, which is something she's not doing now.
Old 2008-03-01, 04:11   Link #9
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Anyway, I digress. Who wants to bet that Helen would be so preoccupied that she won't have any smart retorts at all for this chapter?
Old 2008-03-01, 04:12   Link #10
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Huh? All fights which Helen has participated in, she was useful. Why do you think she would be preoccupied this time?
Old 2008-03-01, 04:16   Link #11
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I mean she usually has a smart retort even as she struts her stuff. I wonder if the naked hag would be able to keep her on her toes so much that her motor mouth becomes quiet?
Old 2008-03-01, 04:32   Link #12
Mikke
Sleepy Male Claymore

I'm waiting for Galatea's reaction to whe she sees Clare. She'll be like: "It's you!" "Damnit I should've killed you and your browless friend back there! Because of you they sent me to feed the yoma in their yoma farm!"
Old 2008-03-01, 04:47   Link #13
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikke View Post
I'm waiting for Galatea's reaction to whe she sees Clare. She'll be like: "It's you!" "Damnit I should've killed you and your browless friend back there! Because of you they sent me to feed the yoma in their yoma farm!"
Haha!!

On a more serious note, I think Galatea would only know it's her after the battle, since she cannot see or (apparently) sense them.
Old 2008-03-01, 05:10   Link #14
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Haha!!

On a more serious note, I think Galatea would only know it's her after the battle, since she cannot see or (apparently) sense them.
But that's also another question that would be answered in this chapter. Can Galatea sense them or not? I think she will be able to once she is focused and not distracted or she might just regrow the damn eyes again since the reason of why she took them off is no longer valid
Old 2008-03-01, 05:14   Link #15
mosmos
Awakend Of Course

C78 is out!

Search for it now!
Spoiler for 78:

Thats Agatha true awakened face

Spoiler for 1 more:

Last edited by mosmos; 2008-03-01 at 05:25.
Old 2008-03-01, 05:15   Link #16
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Assuming that Claymores have to reopen their wounds in order to heal scars....

Man, if Galatea's eyes stare through that bit of blood, I'll go,"WTF". Seriously.

EDIT: That looks so much better. Sick of looking at a naked killer.
Old 2008-03-01, 05:18   Link #17
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Man, Galatea working on the farm. I'm sure whoever hires slaves from the north says to all the men slaves who work there, "You can work for I while and I'll set you free. Just don't touch my daughter... er Galatea..." No one makes it off the farm alive.

And that pic is terrifying. I love claymore so much.
Old 2008-03-01, 05:20   Link #18
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, I won't say it's terrifying. Then again, the One Piece I read this afternoon is having a hangover effect on me.
Old 2008-03-01, 05:31   Link #19
Sunater
Słnater Annčs

Send a message via MSN to Sunater
Btw, Is Galatea gonna get her arm back?
I mean she`s blind and no arm:S and fighting a former #2 awakened and yet she`s not trying to kill miata. Now that`s hard work! She must be really powerful now^^
But now her friends are back^^ I think she`s gonna join the 7 ghosts.
Old 2008-03-01, 05:32   Link #20
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunater View Post
Btw, Is Galatea gonna get her arm back?
Galatea is a defensive type. All defensive types are able to regenerate their limbs.

Closed Thread