AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2010-06-27, 05:15   Link #541
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Besides your characters can die and not gaving a game over(just not the whole team), while in Aselia it results in to a game over.
In Aselia, this ends up makes the character have a 'permanent death' when they are killed in a war....Does this concept not exist in Seinarukana ?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 09:32   Link #542
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

well in both cases when they die, they turn to mana. So it is possible to reverse it if it's done fast enough. I guess in Aselia they didn't know how to do it
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 12:43   Link #543
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well...this has been a long time coming...I finally got this game working again. Christ, has it really been 18 months since I last played this?

Well, thankfully the save game cache held so I was able to use the accumulated Katima route gains to finish the Satsuki route. I have to say, Igaya was a much harsher final boss than Et Cafa Rifa was. From my memory anyway. Now to retrigger all those memories in more playthroughs. I'm just happy to have this working again. Can finally gaze upon the awesomeness of Katima-sama once more. ^^
Old 2010-08-01, 08:23   Link #544
lightl

cool to hear that you got it to work again and sometime down the road fan translation will be out
lightl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-01, 18:04   Link #545
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I have a decent translation of around 10 chapters worth from some random guy, but he only did the Satsuki route.
Old 2010-08-11, 08:57   Link #546
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

If anyone still watches this thread/remembers how to play - does anyone remember how to beat the final boss of the Narukana route? I think it was Igaya, same one as the Satsuki route, except she seems more formidable this time. I can only stay in the fight with Immortal Will and the Mana Leak+Heal combo with the stats up/attributes down buff on turn 1, then once I've used all 7 Immortal Wills, Nozomu is toast. I can't figure out what it is I'm doing wrong. Any ideas how to fix this?
Old 2010-08-11, 10:48   Link #547
lightl

you mean Naru Yaga, well on Satsuki route I did attack up , def down move, then went + 10% heal move. For attack skill I was swapping between name breaker and Immortal Will, got a few crit hits since she did not have enough mana for her def skill. Took a few tries though 1 wrong move and your dead lol. I assume your on normal?
lightl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 17:50   Link #548
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Yeah, Normal. Doing every route on Normal before I dare to do Hard. I had a feeling I was supposed to switch between Immortal Will and Name Breaker but I did it wrong last night. I'll try it tonight.
Old 2010-08-12, 13:26   Link #549
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

The answer lies in the anti interrupt skills. Always use デイスペランススフイア as defense. And only use immortal will when she has a support skill that targets the attacker. When she doesn't use that skill use Name breaker
Old 2010-08-23, 11:16   Link #550
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well, finished my 6 playthroughs on Normal and now moved onto Hard. Managed to get 2-1 and 2-2 with SS done with the hour and a bit I had to play Hard tonight, but 2-1 was so tight...I burnt literally every good attack move on all 4 available characters just to finish. -_- 2-2 was better and managed to level the available 3 once each. Hoping that I don't fall behind in levelling, because I'm finding it near impossible to take out any group in a single battle on Hard at present. I sincerely hope that is meant to be the case. Well, it is Hard mode after all. But so far, it has been doable.

Any recommendations for a suitable character to do as first route on Hard mode? Was thinking of doing around the same order as last time. (Katima>Satsuki>Narukana>Nozomi>Ruputna>Naya)
Old 2010-08-24, 05:55   Link #551
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

well every route is just fine. On hard and super-hard it's all about <s>abusing</s> using attacks that deals % damage and finish it off with support attack. all the black units start to shine and Nozomu starts to fall behind
Old 2010-08-27, 11:47   Link #552
cranston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Any recommendations for a suitable character to do as first route on Hard mode? Was thinking of doing around the same order as last time. (Katima>Satsuki>Narukana>Nozomi>Ruputna>Naya)
Hey, it's been a while. I'm currently finishing Satsuki on Superhard with one last map to clear, after which I've only got Ruputna's route yet undone.

My suggestion for Hard mode is Naya. Her route skills are awesome to the extent that you'll probably use her as an all-rounder for every mission in every subsequent replay.
cranston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 05:47   Link #553
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Finally got around to finish Eien no Aselia (Aselia and Tokimi are the best), and that sparked my interest in the Eien Shinken-verse, extending to Seinarukana. Sadly, Seinarukana's project stopped due to missing translator, and I fear it will stay that way for awhile, maybe even ending up incomplete forever... ;_;

I'm immensely interested in the lore/story of Eien Shinken's verse, and I have lurked, sampled, and searched for whatever I can. I'm mostly here for story spoilers/summaries/info, so I have questions and requests. If anyone kind enough could explain/provide, I'll appreciate it.

1) Why is Euphoria-chan a Law Eternal when Aselia and Yuuto are Chaos Eternal?

2) What rank shinken does Nozomu end up with in canon (supposed one) route?

3) Are there more Law than Chaos Eternals?

4) Which side does Narukana-sama favors more? Law or Chaos?

5) Is Narukana-sama considered an Eternal or is she beyond them?

6) Could someone please list all the shinken from rank 1 to 3, including their owners for me?

7) I heard Aselia possess a rank 1 shinken, and she doesn't know that she does. Is that true?

8) How godly are Eternals with rank 1-3 shinken really are?

*) I heard there isn't a route for Euphoria in Seinarukana. WHY!? Just to put it out there: Euphoria-chan > Narukana-sama > impassable wall >> *. Really, if Eien 3 ever comes out, they should make it so Euphoria has stopped aging (could be easily explained as a mental thing), and her appearance is exactly as she was in Seinarukana.
Zetsuen_no_Myuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 07:31   Link #554
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailEmperor View Post
Finally got around to finish Eien no Aselia (Aselia and Tokimi are the best), and that sparked my interest in the Eien Shinken-verse, extending to Seinarukana. Sadly, Seinarukana's project stopped due to missing translator, and I fear it will stay that way for awhile, maybe even ending up incomplete forever... ;_;

I'm immensely interested in the lore/story of Eien Shinken's verse, and I have lurked, sampled, and searched for whatever I can. I'm mostly here for story spoilers/summaries/info, so I have questions and requests. If anyone kind enough could explain/provide, I'll appreciate it.

1) Why is Euphoria-chan a Law Eternal when Aselia and Yuuto are Chaos Eternal?

2) What rank shinken does Nozomu end up with in canon (supposed one) route?

3) Are there more Law than Chaos Eternals?

4) Which side does Narukana-sama favors more? Law or Chaos?

5) Is Narukana-sama considered an Eternal or is she beyond them?

6) Could someone please list all the shinken from rank 1 to 3, including their owners for me?

7) I heard Aselia possess a rank 1 shinken, and she doesn't know that she does. Is that true?

8) How godly are Eternals with rank 1-3 shinken really are?

*) I heard there isn't a route for Euphoria in Seinarukana. WHY!? Just to put it out there: Euphoria-chan > Narukana-sama > impassable wall >> *. Really, if Eien 3 ever comes out, they should make it so Euphoria has stopped aging (could be easily explained as a mental thing), and her appearance is exactly as she was in Seinarukana.
1. Because. Head of Law Eternals has something to do with it.

2. Rank 1 Murakumo, albeit only a Naru Eternal. If one is to believe the fandisc is canon.

3. We never know. They never said the total count. Plus, it's not like cutting down their numbers is easy.

4. All Narukana wants to do is beat the crap out of Logas. She could care less about Law or Chaos Eternals (though her personality tends to make one believe she might side with Chaos Eternals).

5. She is an incarnation and a necessary piece of the Rank 1 Eien Shinken Murakumo. Eternals, in order to become Eternals, need Eien Shinken. Enough said.

6. http://www38.atwiki.jp/eternity_sword/pages/38.html Have fun.

7. It's asleep. Both Aselia and the Eien Shinken have no idea it's a Rank 1 in disguise. Same with Euphoria and the sheath she's carrying.

8. Snap finger, world/s explode, if they so will it.

*) Because Euphie was planned to be EnA 3's heroine; as the focal point of the last title, with the Law vs Chaos Eternals, and Mother vs Daughter.
Old 2011-03-11, 10:12   Link #555
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
1. Because. Head of Law Eternals has something to do with it.

2. Rank 1 Murakumo, albeit only a Naru Eternal. If one is to believe the fandisc is canon.

3. We never know. They never said the total count. Plus, it's not like cutting down their numbers is easy.

4. All Narukana wants to do is beat the crap out of Logas. She could care less about Law or Chaos Eternals (though her personality tends to make one believe she might side with Chaos Eternals).

5. She is an incarnation and a necessary piece of the Rank 1 Eien Shinken Murakumo. Eternals, in order to become Eternals, need Eien Shinken. Enough said.

6. http://www38.atwiki.jp/eternity_sword/pages/38.html Have fun.

7. It's asleep. Both Aselia and the Eien Shinken have no idea it's a Rank 1 in disguise. Same with Euphoria and the sheath she's carrying.

8. Snap finger, world/s explode, if they so will it.

*) Because Euphie was planned to be EnA 3's heroine; as the focal point of the last title, with the Law vs Chaos Eternals, and Mother vs Daughter.
Fast reply is fast. Thanks. More questions that'll be directed at no one in particular, meaning anyone willing.

1) Including her amnesia? Huh. Yuuto and Asleia aren't going to be happy when they find out...

2) For Class, there are Eternal, High Eternal, and Naru High Eternal. But story-wise, everyone simply goes by Eternal, right?

6) Just need a translation of that list now :3

7) It bothered me that Eternity (永遠) is only a rank 3. After all, that shinken embodies eternity, and eternity/eternal is a deeply rooted motif of the series. Going by the atwiki, it seems like Eternity's true form (永劫) is the whole/complete shinken that Law Eternal are trying to return to. Is that correct? Also, is there any subtle difference between the word 永劫(えいごう) and 永遠(えいえん)?

Euphoria's shinken (true form) also seems to be above rank 1...

8) World as in universe or planet? Near god-like as they are, even they have to be restricted to the amount of mana in any given world (still not sure if universe or simply the planet/local region of space). So, it really depends, right?

*) I hope that plan is still being planned and worked on. Damn it, Xuse. Don't disappoint me. It sucks that most of the staff behind the first two game left Xuse....

Anyone feels like some of the lower rank shinken should be ranked higher? I mean, Existence feels like it should be a rank 1 or 2 shinken, and not lowly 7. Anything related to time-space and concepts should be high, and anything primordial or related to it should be just as high, if not higher. So, something like existence naturally seems like it should be top tier.
Old 2011-03-11, 11:50   Link #556
Zexas

If anyone interested there is Eien no Aselia Drama CD -Eternal Sky- which describe Yuuto Aselia and Euphoria early life as a family. (Released on 28-01-2011)

Synop:

Yuuto, Aselia, Euphoria living peacefully in a certain world. Eating meals together, playing with animals, taking a walk across the hill, seeing the ocean.

Such thing seems frivolous but this was truly a scene of an intimate, happy family.

However one day an unknown Eternal came to visit Euphoria. This person is Logas of "Fate" the leader of the Chaos Eternals. By Logas appearance Yuuto and his family stood across each other...

Edit: Well can't be helped here you go nico link (must have an account) :

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm13533783

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm13533729

Last edited by Zexas; 2011-03-11 at 12:06.
Zexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 12:48   Link #557
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Fast reply is fast. Thanks. More questions that'll be directed at no one in particular, meaning anyone willing.

1) Including her amnesia? Huh. Yuuto and Asleia aren't going to be happy when they find out...

2) For Class, there are Eternal, High Eternal, and Naru High Eternal. But story-wise, everyone simply goes by Eternal, right?

6) Just need a translation of that list now :3

7) It bothered me that Eternity (永遠) is only a rank 3. After all, that shinken embodies eternity, and eternity/eternal is a deeply rooted motif of the series. Going by the atwiki, it seems like Eternity's true form (永劫) is the whole/complete shinken that Law Eternal are trying to return to. Is that correct? Also, is there any subtle difference between the word 永劫(えいごう) and 永遠(えいえん)?

Euphoria's shinken (true form) also seems to be above rank 1...

8) World as in universe or planet? Near god-like as they are, even they have to be restricted to the amount of mana in any given world (still not sure if universe or simply the planet/local region of space). So, it really depends, right?

*) I hope that plan is still being planned and worked on. Damn it, Xuse. Don't disappoint me. It sucks that most of the staff behind the first two game left Xuse....

Anyone feels like some of the lower rank shinken should be ranked higher? I mean, Existence feels like it should be a rank 1 or 2 shinken, and not lowly 7. Anything related to time-space and concepts should be high, and anything primordial or related to it should be just as high, if not higher. So, something like existence naturally seems like it should be top tier.
1) There are subtle hints that her amnesia might not be what it appears to be.

2) Storywise everyone just calls them Eternals, but there is a huge difference between Eternals and High Eternals. Also, Naru Eternal goes by the same hierarchy; Naru Eternal, and Naru High Eternal.

6) Ask someone else to do it.

7) The Singularity Sword is Aselia's Sword + Euphoria's Sheath, from what has been hinted before in various materials.

8) They are limited by the World Tree, not just by the world per se. If Narukana had a wielder, she could have truly obliterated worlds with ease with just a wave of an arm (But it's a special case for her not just because she's Rank 1 but also of the Naru mana). At least that's what I recall. Seinarukana can be inconsistent in this one due to conflicting gameplay and story elements.

Applying the same concept you used to point out why Existence should have been a higher rank - no, Rank 7 for it is fine. It symbolzes Aselia's base, empty, almost primal existence and the lowly stature of such an empty...well, existence. The Shinken's concepts are more about the wielder than they are about the world or general concepts.
Old 2011-03-11, 15:41   Link #558
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Thanks for the link. I've searched for it before, but far as I can tell, it hasn't been uploaded yet. I guess streaming is fine, too.

*Listens to it all* I can only make out 10-15% of it, but that was interesting nonetheless. Yuuto's voice doesn't really fit him (imo). And Logas... He seems really easygoing and a friendly guy. Too nice and sincere to be leader of Law Eternals. Translation: walking dissonant serenity psychopath.

R-18 drama cd. That scene with Euphoria walking in on Yuuto and Aselia's aftersex//Yuuto trying to get dressed... huhuhu. And did Aselia just agreed to let Euphoria help/work with Logas? Unbelievable. Is that why in Seinarukana...

From just the drama cd alone, I can see why Euphoria was rank 1st in the popularity poll. 1000% innocence, right amount of naivety, total endearment, brimming with vitality, and cuteness that is the miracle of the multi-verse. Also, the fact that she's a loli with world-ending powers, and has the potential to be one of the top of top most powerful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
1) There are subtle hints that her amnesia might not be what it appears to be.

2) Storywise everyone just calls them Eternals, but there is a huge difference between Eternals and High Eternals. Also, Naru Eternal goes by the same hierarchy; Naru Eternal, and Naru High Eternal.

6) Ask someone else to do it.

7) The Singularity Sword is Aselia's Sword + Euphoria's Sheath, from what has been hinted before in various materials.

8) They are limited by the World Tree, not just by the world per se. If Narukana had a wielder, she could have truly obliterated worlds with ease with just a wave of an arm (But it's a special case for her not just because she's Rank 1 but also of the Naru mana). At least that's what I recall. Seinarukana can be inconsistent in this one due to conflicting gameplay and story elements.

Applying the same concept you used to point out why Existence should have been a higher rank - no, Rank 7 for it is fine. It symbolzes Aselia's base, empty, almost primal existence and the lowly stature of such an empty...well, existence. The Shinken's concepts are more about the wielder than they are about the world or general concepts.
1) After listening to the drama cd, it' possible that it was planned or something. I could be wrong, though.

2) The only way to tell is through checking a character's class under status, no? Since 'Eternal' or 'Naru Eternal' is what everyone goes by and identifies, it doesn't sound like Eternals discern regular Eternals from High Eternals.

6) My comment there wasn't directed at you, it was directed at anyone who saw it and was willing. I apologize if I made it sound like it was asking you.

7) I see.

8) Wat. W-Wouldn't Narukana-sama be stronger as she is? Or does being wielded as a sword make her complete or something?

But the shinkens come from the Singularity Sword or are created/born from other shinkens. Normally, people/beings don't assign/name a shinken. So, that means each shinken became defined the moment they came to be.

Most of the shinken are ranked as they generally should be. But some of them, I feel are either too low or too high. 'Existence' feels like the former for me because without existence, there'd be nothing. Not even eternity. Maybe it should be 'Presence' instead', but the TL simply choose 'Existence' instead. Then again, not all shinkens have powers that reflects their name/meaning...
Old 2011-03-11, 22:52   Link #559
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Logas is the leader of the CHAOS Eternals. The leader of the Law Eternals is Myugi.

Eien Shinkens, no matter how powerful or wise they are, need wielders for them to fully manifest their strength. And no, Eien Shinkens are defined by their wielders for the most part, because without them they are not complete. Eien no Aselia and Seinarukana emphasizes on this. And not all of their names are meant to represent their powers. For example, Nozomu's "Dawn" and Zetsu's "Dusk". Their names refer closely more to how they were born and what they meant to either of them.

Think of it this way. While they do come into existence on their own, they still pretty much require a wielder, are defined by their wielder, and similarly also define their wielder. Eien Shinkens are less about concepts and more about that.
Old 2011-03-11, 23:02   Link #560
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Eien no Aselia got licensed and released in English a month ago or so. I daresay that Seinarukana will also be in the next few years. So seeing Seinarukana translated in full may happen eventually.

Tags
battle action, ero-game, eroge, fantasy, rpg, visual novel