Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-07-20, 20:53   Link #141
Melty Snow
<3 WoW undead girls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
And this is a bad thing? Hehe. I'd be thrilled to be fought over by women. There's some something weird but fun about this thought. hehe.
Unless your a gay bishounen Seiren. Seiren men who live hidden lives, unable to freely express themselves. Truly tragic figures .

Yea, I want to see some yaoi Sieren men!!
Melty Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-20, 20:56   Link #142
AkihaTohno
Head of the Tohno Family

Send a message via ICQ to AkihaTohno Send a message via AIM to AkihaTohno
and by yaoi you mean 2 lesbians?
AkihaTohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-20, 21:02   Link #143
Melty Snow
<3 WoW undead girls

Man on man! Man on man!!
Or Yukinari on Sieren man!

It's just yaoi Seiren's could be the sub plot for a potentially hilarious filler episode.

Then they can devote one to yuri's to make us happy.
Old 2004-07-21, 16:27   Link #144
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

judging by the way the townspeople reacted, Men are likely chained up in rich/powerful/both women's "special chambers" and the only contact they have with the outside world is when some girl comes down to get some action...
...maybe i need to lay off the ero stuff...
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-21, 17:51   Link #145
onigiri
....always have hope =)..

..lmao....
onigiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-21, 19:26   Link #146
Itlandm
Porcupine

If men were kept locked up, the townspeople would assume that Yukinari was an escaped slave, and they would not ask him to marry them. It seems that single men will sometimes wander into towns to let themselves be chased by the locals. The women who blocked the passage seemed to have some experience in cooperating with that trick, so it was probably not their first time. ^_^
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 07:55   Link #147
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Is it just me? Or did anyone think the banana man blushing was kinda odd reaction? ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 08:34   Link #148
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
Is it just me? Or did anyone think the banana man blushing was kinda odd reaction? ^^
Spoiler:
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 09:14   Link #149
Melty Snow
<3 WoW undead girls

Those blasphemous sons of mothers!!
I mean seeing boobies and breastststss in their raw fleshy glory doesn't add anything for me, so the fog censoring was okay.

BUT
Spoiler:

This is sick. This world is sick. A world that removes such a thing makes me sick.

Buying the dvds is more than a good idea at this moment, it is a mandatory goal in life.
Old 2004-07-22, 10:07   Link #150
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Just to see a girl deep throught a banana? Sheesh. If I wanted to see that, I'd go get a copy of Futari Enchi.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 12:45   Link #151
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
Spoiler:
ok that explain alot. ^^;; The way they censored it was very subtle. I wouldn't even guess there was more in that scene at all if you haven't told me.

At first I tought the banana man has a thing for watching a girl eating. ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 13:08   Link #152
Green²
It's bacon!

What is the reason for this censoring though? Sponsor request, or perhaps network policy? This show appears to have some really good ecchi-ero potential, but with these obvious edits, they had just thrown it completely out the window.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 19:20   Link #153
Wilcon

Send a message via ICQ to Wilcon Send a message via MSN to Wilcon
Kind of weird that censour thing, I mean, it was just a banana anyway...

I like the anime, not as good as I hoped, but it's enough, hope it'll be abit better over time.
Wilcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 21:12   Link #154
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilcon
Kind of weird that censour thing, I mean, it was just a banana anyway...

I like the anime, not as good as I hoped, but it's enough, hope it'll be abit better over time.
I personally blame the censoring, but hey please watch it, iam.

I wil lof course going to get it again, when the uncensored versio comes out.

To not do so, would be an insult to the dreams and efforts of the creators/animators, we must watch them as they intended. Its the true Ameri- er Anime Otaku way!!!
Old 2004-07-22, 21:28   Link #155
Melty Snow
<3 WoW undead girls

Just venting before. The thing is they removed actual gags and jokes. The unedited banana scene would have probably made me laugh and go and post about it being funny as heck, but the edited scene I just didn't care about, she just ate a banana and that's it. Nudity just for the sake of nudity isn't funny, so I don't care about that being censored, unless there was a joke pertaining to that too. They're just taking away a few laughs and lowering the enjoyability of Girls Bravo.

"This week the episode 3 of Girls Bravo was put off on account of the special sports program. The epi.3 will be aired on July 26th."

More hurt upon hurt .
Old 2004-07-22, 21:39   Link #156
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

i hope ADV or Geneon (has to be one of them, they're the only ones that touch titles like this) pick up this one real quick
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-23, 04:50   Link #157
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
They haven't even released the native Japanese DVD yet, let alone when the western version will come out....
hehhe R2!!! UK is R2 region!!! BAAANZAAI!

Does anyone have a time estimate on it?
Old 2004-07-23, 06:07   Link #158
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
They haven't even released the native Japanese DVD yet, let alone when the western version will come out....
hehhe R2!!! UK is R2 region!!! BAAANZAAI!

Does anyone have a time estimate on it?
Your region coding may be the same as Japan's but your video standard (PAL) is dfferent than the Japanese standard(NTSC). A regular, unmodified British DVD player still will not play an R-2 Japanese DVD. Plus those are so expensive that only the Japanese people who can afford it and insane(ly) rich or dedicated fans outside of Japan, would spring the cash to buy them.

Take the Girls Bravo release for instance, it will hit the Japanese storeshelves on 10/22/2004 and has a MSRP of 24990 Yen(according to Amazon.co.jp), that's roughly $227 USD at current exchange rate + international shipping and/or dealer mark-up. The contents are tentatively 4 Discs each holding 2 episodes. That's 8 episodes for $200+ USD.

If I were to buy this series, I'd wait until either ADV or Geneon gets it. However you look at it, it's the more economical solution even if you import the R1 North American release into the U.K. Of course, then you still need to do something about the NTSC video on the R-1 discs
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-23, 08:56   Link #159
oDin01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melazoma
Plus those are so expensive that only the Japanese people who can afford it and insane(ly) rich or dedicated fans outside of Japan, would spring the cash to buy them.
Amazon Japan has it listed and I pre-ordered it yesterday. This is one show that I can't possibly watch with all the censoring it's just not funny with all the fog and such.

I've been hearing that Girls Bravo is going to air on another station I believe Bs-i not sure and Fuji TV is planning on dropping the show. Either way expect some looser censoring's soon.
oDin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-23, 10:10   Link #160
sparrow
spontaneous comedian

Send a message via ICQ to sparrow
sorry, is there any Girls Bravo episode showing in Japan this week ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Ok, if that's true, then why can she see Earth from the horizon of her planet as though her planet were in low Earth orbit or something? Seriously, for Earth to appear that large on the horizon, the highest that planet could be would be about 150 miles straight up.

So scientifically that makes zero sence. HOWEVER, throw in a dimentional ripple (which would explain the jumbo sized earth on the horizon and their teleporting back and forth between Earth and her homeworld) and you've not only made it believable, but scientifically feisable. Ok, I'm over cranializing this, but still, if you're going to toss around science like they are in this anime, they had better get it right. At least as far as I'm concerned.
the thing that made Gaia in Escaflowne exist unknown to peoples on earth, coupled to the effect that made the full moon in anime significantly larger than it should be ?
sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, harem, shounen