AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Old 2006-11-06, 19:27   Link #6401
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
Has this thread finally lapsed into oblivion?

This is the problem of getting a forum of our own ... it has less discussion compared to the previous thread-only Rozen Maiden ...
that is so true >.< give us back our single thread! maybe what made this thread non dying in the first place was beacuse ppl keep bumping it up back to the top again...doesnt seem to work here >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziv View Post
it was nori's idea in the first place.

Spoiler:
nori...is desperate...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 22:28   Link #6402
GoTz
Deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mincemaker View Post
They will be scarred for life if that happens.
Quote:
Then do you remember in the first episode where Nori asks Jun if Shinku is a "foreign Dutch Wife"? Or how about the time he comes home with a book on the dolls and she says "You don't have to tell us what's in your bag if you don't want to. It's perfectly normal for boys your age to be interested in that sort of thing."

haha, maybe that's why i didn't get that part...i didn't know what a dutch wife was

Currently Watching:Bleach, Naruto, Vampire Knight, Nabari no Ou, Code Geass 2, Macross Frontier, KGNE, Higurashi,
Kanon 2006,
Top Favorites:Scrapped Princess, Wolf's Rain, Juuni Kokki, Hunter x Hunter, Code Geass, Serei no Moribito, Death Note, Eureka Seven, Claymore
GoTz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 14:38   Link #6403
Cinnabon-chan
Wilde Changeling Childe

Send a message via AIM to Cinnabon-chan Send a message via MSN to Cinnabon-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Cinnabon-chan
I really really want Nori and that guy who likes her to get together.......I think he's really sweet.

And Nori is desperate...........or very disturbed. Very very disturbed. She wouldn't be the first screwed up meganekko with a creepy fetish.

And on another note, I've found a tin of Orange Pekoe Tea in our cuboard. I like it, but I think Shinku will turn up her nose at how I make it. (pour tea in cup, pour on hot water, add milk.)
Cinnabon-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 10:31   Link #6404
Lost

Nawh.. she will just say that you made it with love; then refuse to drink anymore I cant figure out what that guy sees in Nori. She's weird, she's an obvious scatterbrain, she avoids him like the plague, and he leaves with a literal, physical, headache everytime he tries to propose (unless he gets drenched instead; then, he gets a cold).

In other thoughts, I can't believe Rozen Maiden hasn't got licensed yet.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 11:18   Link #6405
Cinnabon-chan
Wilde Changeling Childe

Send a message via AIM to Cinnabon-chan Send a message via MSN to Cinnabon-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Cinnabon-chan
Hmmm......Shinku sounds nicer then my mom in regards to tea. My mom just demands a fresh cup

Nooo! Nori is so cutely ditzy and kind. And it's never a dull moment with her.

And I rememeber seeign a dub of Rozen Maiden..........Souseiseki sounded terrible (like a squeaky girl trying to sound like a boy and failing), Hina sounded a bit like Sandy Fox..........and Suiseiseki had this evil squeaky voice.
Old 2006-11-09, 11:27   Link #6406
Lost

That must have been a fandub.. thats why it sounded like that (I'm sure they tried their best tho ).
Old 2006-11-09, 19:53   Link #6407
GoTz
Deleted

fandubs are hillarious...i just love them for their effort

Currently Watching:Bleach, Naruto, Vampire Knight, Nabari no Ou, Code Geass 2, Macross Frontier, KGNE, Higurashi,
Kanon 2006,
Top Favorites:Scrapped Princess, Wolf's Rain, Juuni Kokki, Hunter x Hunter, Code Geass, Serei no Moribito, Death Note, Eureka Seven, Claymore
GoTz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-10, 08:15   Link #6408
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
I'd say that if Rozen Maiden isn't licensed in 2007... It isn't going to be licensed. I mean, it's been around since late 2004, and the fanbase has been growing all the time but I haven't heard any talk at all about it in the industry. I don't even know how well the manga is doing.

Perhaps since the characters (if not the series) are still popular in Japan, the license is too expensive for US distributers to consider profitable.
Old 2006-11-14, 12:15   Link #6409
Shinku

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
Has this thread finally lapsed into oblivion?

This is the problem of getting a forum of our own ... it has less discussion compared to the previous thread-only Rozen Maiden ...
nooo! The traumend era will not die yet, like look how big it got! xD
Shinku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-19, 02:10   Link #6410
devilgirl11
nosebleed from hot anime

Send a message via MSN to devilgirl11
the german dub of Rozen maiden sounds funny
devilgirl11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-19, 09:37   Link #6411
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

I'm sure the English dub (if and when) will sound funny, too, simply because I'm so used to hearing the characters Japanese voices.
Old 2006-11-19, 09:54   Link #6412
Lost

Indeed.. I just can't hear an American voice saying "Desu." Of course, they probably wont leave it untranslated, but yeah, you get the point.
Old 2006-11-19, 15:13   Link #6413
Cinnabon-chan
Wilde Changeling Childe

Hmmm...............maybe, maybe not. There are times when "chi" and "su" find their way into my normal conversation.
Old 2006-11-19, 16:03   Link #6414
Nidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
Indeed.. I just can't hear an American voice saying "Desu." Of course, they probably wont leave it untranslated, but yeah, you get the point.
The official manga translates "desu" as "yes?" iirc, so presumably they would do the same for a dub, if it ever happens
Nidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-19, 22:44   Link #6415
Suiseiseki
どうぞ ★ヽ(´ー` )ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidas View Post
The official manga translates "desu" as "yes?" iirc, so presumably they would do the same for a dub, if it ever happens
No, they are planning to translate "desu" to "shazaam!" "Unyuu" will become "sizzle".
Suiseiseki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-20, 09:17   Link #6416
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

^I would not be surprised...

Seriously, though, whoever is in charge of "Anglo-cizing" the manga (meaning making the translator's sentences make better sense, I forget the real job title) must not have taken too much thought on our beloved "desu." For me, Suiseiseki's little speaking habit comes across as cute and childlike, whereas "yes?" makes her sound snobby and stuck-up. Grr... And how can strawberry daifuku be stretchy?!
Old 2006-11-20, 11:28   Link #6417
Choki
I believe i can fly

^ by adding rubber as 1 of the ingredient.
Can dolls die of food poisioning?
Choki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-21, 16:57   Link #6418
Cinnabon-chan
Wilde Changeling Childe

Hmm.........is it me, or have they taken out the Doll's titles? I thought Hina Ichigo's title was Kleine Beere, and not Lil' Strawberry.
Old 2006-11-21, 17:58   Link #6419
Ziv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnabon-chan View Post
Hmm.........is it me, or have they taken out the Doll's titles? I thought Hina Ichigo's title was Kleine Beere, and not Lil' Strawberry.
"Klein Beere" is German for "Little Berry" which is close to "Hina Ichigo" (hina can mean either chick or doll, and ichigo means strawberry). Klein Berry isn't a title, it's her name in German since all the dolls are German to begin with.
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-22, 13:37   Link #6420
Cinnabon-chan
Wilde Changeling Childe

Quote:
"Klein Beere" is German for "Little Berry" which is close to "Hina Ichigo" (hina can mean either chick or doll, and ichigo means strawberry). Klein Berry isn't a title, it's her name in German since all the dolls are German to begin with.
Yeah, but I think it sounds more authentic. While they both mean the same thing, I think Kleine Beere sounds better then Lil' Strawberry which just sounds Americanized and out of history (they're antique dolls after all.)

Tags
adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, nomad, peach-pit, seinen, sequel, supernatural