Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-16, 10:14   Link #32581
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Yeah I saw the video of that, it was a pretty big fail on their part - one guy directed a truck away from her... then two more drove over her later (admittedly to the second one she was buried under a foot of foam, but still). Maybe they were waiting for a medical unit to help her or something and didn't want to move her for safety or something (protocols maybe), but someone should have been with her the whole time. Still the firemen should have the means to move her alive or not. Although why she was dumped their in the first place, who knows... was she tossed from the plane? I imagine things will change in the way they do stuff in the future.
I think it is more like she was thrown from the plane, or she wandered into the path of the firemen.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2014-01-16, 10:37   Link #32582
Tiberium Wolf

I saw the vid and it's clearly the firefighters fault. They look at her and it seems dead so they assumed dead without checking vitals! WTF is this!? Unless a body has visible mortal wounds shouldn't be common sense to check if the victim is alive?
Old 2014-01-16, 10:48   Link #32583
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
I saw the vid and it's clearly the firefighters fault. They look at her and it seems dead so they assumed dead without checking vitals! WTF is this!? Unless a body has visible mortal wounds shouldn't be common sense to check if the victim is alive?
There are more lives to save at the plane crash; it is not prudent to leave a burning mountain to save a tree.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2014-01-16, 10:54   Link #32584
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Luxury in China loses luster as wealthy flee
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...A0F0H320140116

North Korea hawkish and dovish ahead of South-U.S. drills
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...A0F01120140116
Old 2014-01-16, 11:08   Link #32585
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Luxury in China loses luster as wealthy flee
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...A0F0H320140116
It was inevitable, China had raised income levels, but in the end it is not the best place to raise a family. Sure, it is still a good place to make money, but you don't need to live in China to do that.

And the wealthy are exactly the kind of people who can circumvent restrictions. There is nothing the government can do about it... Especially since officials are probably doing this for their own children themselves.
Old 2014-01-16, 11:52   Link #32586
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Yeah I saw the video of that, it was a pretty big fail on their part - one guy directed a truck away from her... then two more drove over her later (admittedly to the second one she was buried under a foot of foam, but still). Maybe they were waiting for a medical unit to help her or something and didn't want to move her for safety or something (protocols maybe), but someone should have been with her the whole time. Still the firemen should have the means to move her alive or not. Although why she was dumped their in the first place, who knows... was she tossed from the plane? I imagine things will change in the way they do stuff in the future.
the Fire Chief said no more helmet cams.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2014-01-16 at 18:15.
Old 2014-01-16, 12:59   Link #32587
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
There are more lives to save at the plane crash; it is not prudent to leave a burning mountain to save a tree.
IIRC at that point of the passengers and crew have already been evacuated.

Regardless, it was not as if the scene was so crowded (indeed, the field looks rather clear) that the truck would've had no choice but to run over a body, nor was there any excuse for the multitude of fire fighters (who are all qualified first responders with requisite medical training) to pass by the victim without checking her status and just leaves her there.

Was it malicious or intentional? no, but it is most certainly a violation of common protocol, and a display of gross incompetence and negligence. Nowhere will you find a dept. with a policy that says it's ok to run over people, dead or alive, while responding to a fire. The fact that their chief banned helmet cam after this should tell you all you need to know about the priority of those that are running that department.

I'm normally on the side of LE and first responders, but there is no excusing their failure in this incident.
Old 2014-01-16, 16:33   Link #32588
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Executed Killer Dennis McGuire Gasped And Snorted For 15 Minutes Under New Lethal Drug Combo
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_4610582.html
Old 2014-01-16, 17:58   Link #32589
maplehurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
the Fire Chief said no more dashcams.
where does it say that ?
Old 2014-01-16, 18:04   Link #32590
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehurry View Post
where does it say that ?
right after the crash when it was reveal that the fire truck had ran over the girl and was film by the trucks dashcamHelmet Cam.

First change the Fire Chief made was no more dashcamHelmet Cam.

Edit: my mistake Helmet Cam not Dash Cam.

Quote:
San Francisco's fire chief has explicitly banned firefighters from using helmet-mounted video cameras, after images from a battalion chief's Asiana Airlines crash recording became public and led to questions about first responders' actions leading up to a fire rig running over a survivor.
Chief Joanne Hayes-White said she issued the order after discovering that Battalion Chief Mark Johnson's helmet camera filmed the aftermath of the July 6 crash at San Francisco International Airport. Still images from the footage were published in The Chronicle.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/articl...sh-4741338.php
Old 2014-01-16, 18:24   Link #32591
maplehurry

Personally I don't really blame the firefighters here, but yea... that fire chief's excuse to ban helmet camera is BS imo.
Old 2014-01-16, 20:19   Link #32592
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Without the cams, watch disasters repeat themselves over and over again.

Old 2014-01-16, 20:21   Link #32593
Seitsuki
Onee!

Can't watch anything if it wasn't recorded. Can't sue over it either!
Old 2014-01-16, 23:47   Link #32594
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
right after the crash when it was reveal that the fire truck had ran over the girl and was film by the trucks dashcamHelmet Cam.

First change the Fire Chief made was no more dashcamHelmet Cam.

Edit: my mistake Helmet Cam not Dash Cam.
The most likely reason is the civil suit that is sure to follow with this incident thanks to the helmet camera that captured the evidence. Fire Chief is being ordered or just proactive to save the city from future civil liability.........
Old 2014-01-17, 01:37   Link #32595
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
The most likely reason is the civil suit that is sure to follow with this incident thanks to the helmet camera that captured the evidence. Fire Chief is being ordered or just proactive to save the city from future civil liability.........
the camera recording was just the icing for the lawsuit.

the coroner had rule that the girl was alive until she ran over by the fire truck.

what recording did show was how inept the fire dept was.
Old 2014-01-17, 01:43   Link #32596
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
the camera recording was just the icing for the lawsuit.

the coroner had rule that the girl was alive until she ran over by the fire truck.

what recording did show was how inept the fire dept was.
Considering all the mass these Firetrucks carry and the speed they move at, it probably took some some time for that truck to come to a complete stop. I feel for that poor girl...
Old 2014-01-17, 02:01   Link #32597
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

They weren't moving very fast in the video from what I remember, it was mostly them positioning themselves. Heck i think one of them stopped on top of her, if i remember from the news report.. even showed it in the video clip.
Old 2014-01-17, 02:34   Link #32598
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Heck i think one of them stopped on top of her, if i remember from the news report.. even showed it in the video clip.
So does that mean they didn't see her?
Old 2014-01-17, 04:05   Link #32599
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

If I'm remembering right, one firefighter did initially, and directed a truck around her, no one directed the second and third trucks, so I'm guessing in their case nope. She did kind of blend into the long grass, and after she was covered in foam there was no hope of seeing her.
Old 2014-01-17, 04:13   Link #32600
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
If I'm remembering right, one firefighter did initially, and directed a truck around her, no one directed the second and third trucks, so I'm guessing in their case nope. She did kind of blend into the long grass, and after she was covered in foam there was no hope of seeing her.
Gah! She just survived a plane crash but only to be killed by a firetruck. What a way to go. May she rest in peace.
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international