AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-22, 16:37   Link #541
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

It's like the one who wrote the plot line actually thought we could not figure out who the attacker is after throwing such blatantly obvious hints so much that I was actually speculating the opposite.
RegalStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 18:17   Link #542
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Definetively this episode was below average, I would have preferred if they had hit us with something from left field (demonic possession, extraterrestrial invasion, youkai hunt, etc. ) than with this unsavory "yeah, it is me, I spank teenagers for fun, isn't that great?" stuff *facepalms* This is the kind of stuff that merits a rewrite for the BD release.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 03:39   Link #543
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
Definetively this episode was below average, I would have preferred if they had hit us with something from left field (demonic possession, extraterrestrial invasion, youkai hunt, etc. ) than with this unsavory "yeah, it is me, I spank teenagers for fun, isn't that great?" stuff *facepalms* This is the kind of stuff that merits a rewrite for the BD release.
In a way, she's the lighter version of the final boss(not true) of Persona 4.
Old 2013-03-24, 15:31   Link #544
Akka

One thing that annoy me since the end of the first arc, is how Kotoura's psychic abilities (despite being the PILLAR concept of the show) are awfully underused (and often completely forgotten).

The first arc was very good at constantly letting us hear what people were thinking, and build story upon that. But thereafter, it has become very minimal, to the point you wonder if her ability still actually works. A lot of the show's potential is being wasted here.

This episode was particularly bad about it - the very idea of the guilty being a surprise to a mind-reader is absurd (even with the attempted cop-out "it's another personnality so she couldn't hear it").
Akka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 15:59   Link #545
YourIdeas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akka View Post
One thing that annoy me since the end of the first arc, is how Kotoura's psychic abilities (despite being the PILLAR concept of the show) are awfully underused (and often completely forgotten).
I think it's mainly because the anime deviates pretty hard from source material, which is a 4-panel comic. (they have far less source to work with. The first episode, which corresponds to the first chapter, had to add in the car scene, the first 12 minutes of the episode, etc. Kotoura was also a lot snarkier) Also, I wouldn't say that Kotoura's mind reading is the biggest aspect of the show, especially when the focus has always been trying to make her realize that not everyone will leave her. It's always been labeled as a romanitc comedy, but the anime just added an extra drama tone to it, which as of late, hasn't been working its magic like in the first arc.
YourIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 21:18   Link #546
FateAnomaly

I think the main thing about this episode is that it tells us what could have happened to koutora if she had not met Manabe and friends. She could turn out like that police girl and use her powers to harm others.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 21:59   Link #547
kitten320

Duno I liked the episode.
Show is full of cheesy moments but what makes it stand out is that it tries to tweak them a bit.
Yes, detective being a culprit was very obvious. However, I did not expect her to have split personality issue. It also explains why Kotoura did not pick up any negative thoughts from her while she acted normal.

It could be better but it was not horrible.
Old 2013-03-24, 23:15   Link #548
AC-Phoenix
Detective

It was not just obvious the police woman was the attacker, but also that she had some kind of split personality, since its the only way how Kotoura wouldn't be able to read her thoughts.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2013-03-24 at 23:49.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 10:12   Link #549
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The best parts of this episode were the scene with Manabe and Moritani and the one with Yuriko and Daichi. The rest was blindingly obvious and pretty forced. Moritani breaking down in tears after bravely wishing Manabe and Kotoura good fortune was particularly emotional.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 14:36   Link #550
Midonin
Last Engage

The Secret of Haruka Kotoura END - Level 2 Flashback

The finale had a lot of nice little callbacks to the early episodes. The "UMA" catcher picking up one of those.... things that broke Haruka out of her funk, another botched karaoke session (this time with the ED), and perhaps most importantly, the return of Haruka's mother. While it got really dramatic at some points, the end result was ultimately a positive one. As far as supernatural romantic dramadies go, I liked this series' approach a lot more than, say, Kokoro Connect, mostly because it leaned more towards the comedy side. The middle stretch of episodes was my favorite part, but the whole package was ultimately pretty appealing.

Great voice work from everyone involved, Kanemoto most of all. There is one thing Kotoura did that I'd like to see more of. Male-aimed romcom series with a female lead. Aside from this one, Tsuyokiss is the only other show I can think of that even attempted that. It's a concept that needs to be explored more. I liked that Hiyori and Haruka's mother were able to be redeemed, and Haruka herself is an admirable person. A person of peace, one might say. I wouldn't rank it as one of my favorite shows of the season, but it was enjoyable.

And I love the ESP theme included with the rest of the EDs.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 15:51   Link #551
ookamigirl

ESP Research Society meets its end.
Lots of flashbacks this time.
Kotoura's awkwardness was really cute ^^
This anime was pretty fun though.
It was a good combination of fun, romance and drama.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 16:08   Link #552
HandofFate

Final episode was great. Thought it was just gonna be a whatever sending off episode.
But it ended up being on the same level as episode 1 imo.

Kotoura-san and her mom yelling at eachother was good. At least Kotoura finally got to vent for her.

I always thought that the mom was crying when the priest was shocked for some reason at seeing her face.
Kind of funny that they both are a lot alike, other than the ESP thing.

Also he didn't have much screentime, but I love the priest. Looks like he put in a lot of effort behind the scenes.

Liked the ending credits showing the mom seems to now frequently visit Kotoura. At least their relationship is starting to meld.

Last edited by HandofFate; 2013-03-28 at 16:20.
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 16:36   Link #553
kitten320

I had good laugh when Koutora and her mother ended up having pillow fight. Finally both of them were able to say everything they kept inside.

They defiantly needed a fight of this sort.
Old 2013-03-28, 18:02   Link #554
mistress_kisara

The ending was better than expected, thank God last week's episode wasn't the last or I would have facepalmed
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 18:08   Link #555
YourIdeas

Still find it hard to fully redeem the mother, even if I understand why she disowned Haruka. Leaves her daughter just to date other unfaithful/perverted dudes for their money, and gets drunk. Just comes off too bitchy for me, but ah well. Either way, that random pillow fight seems to have rekindled their bond, and she seems to visit Haruka frequently to mooch off her cooking (or maybe relearn how to cook?). Also shows just how much Haruka has become more of the mother figure, while Kumiko seems to at least attempt to put effort to redeem herself, so I'll let this pass as an alright conclusion.

Kotoura confesses to Manabe and the two are now officially a couple. Cute confession from both sides, I might add.

Outside of this, episode was pretty typical, harking back to some of the previous moments in the series. Disappointed that the show couldn't keep up with the tone and pace it set in the first three episodes, but I have to give the writers credit for making that out of a yonkoma. Decent show but it seemed to be trying too hard to pull audiences into a premise that wasn't going to last long. The police-arc never caught the charm of the first three episodes and just came off as rather strange filler to get Mifune's avenge out of the way. Overall, though, Kotoura-san was a fun little romcom, with main characters who I enjoyed watching.
Old 2013-03-28, 18:12   Link #556
sikvod00

^Just a quick correction: the Mom isn't dating other dudes for their money. Her family is rich. I initially thought the guy she previously dated was after their wealth, but this episode revealed it was because he was a pedo bear.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 18:19   Link #557
YourIdeas

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
^Just a quick correction: the Mom isn't dating other dudes for their money. Her family is rich. I initially thought the guy she previously dated was after their wealth, but this episode revealed it was because he was a pedo bear.
The grandfather essentially disowned her. Even if he was paying her off to never have to see her again, she's been very much only dating men who appear wealthy.
Old 2013-03-28, 18:33   Link #558
ellessarr
Banned

why more romance animes can't be like this?????? why 90% must be a harem or love triangle, this anime proofs who you can make a awesome anime without use that "trash cliches" and "MANabe, really a amazing MC(again why we can't have more mcs like him, why aways must be a "dense" or chickening/coward or tsundere why we can't have a true MAN like him)

hands down to manabe-kun for me.

perfect anime for me 10/10 overal i liked all the drama, comedy and romance.(get disturbed on the start from her mother and from moritane but their get their redeems)

i gonna miss you MANabe
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 21:48   Link #559
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.12

winter time so disband esp club oh wait it just rename all fine so time for karaoke singing before that mifune confess & sorry to kotoura give all fine with wonder to notice yet to see kotoura & manabe confess to each other.

after karaoke singing yea kotoura still a bad singer well time to enter the home to see the "mom" is in kotoura's room want food & drunk give bit bitter yet it's finally BOOM here come drama bombs.

give kotoura & her mom confess probs have in their life to lead to pillow fight after all that confess is out & all relax fine oh kotoura mention her mom's date is like a manabe & kotoura's grandpa (yea really why got pery person magnet on them).

then all clean kotoura saw her mom's thought give feel guilty & sad since leaving kotoura after nap together well at her mom give her eggs meal to have.

& yea back kotoura trying confess to manabe even mori try to help til wrong timing door enter manabe thinkinh kotoura-mori route cue mifiune chop drag manabe time.

now one more try give snow & christmas tree well it ok sorts with all fine from esp having fun, grandpa & monk have drink, kotoura's mom is more defrosting, etc yep kotoura's life is back to normal.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 22:00   Link #560
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

A very nice ending and Koutora and her mother pillow fight at the end was just great

8/10 needs anther season just to see more of Manabe

Tags
4-koma, drama, romantic comedy, school life, seinen, slice of life, supernatural, tragedy