Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-11-22, 07:02   Link #6501
Rickketik

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/8182/photo002cd.jpg

A much bigger picture of the new elusive GNZ suit.
Photoshopped:

http://img134.imageshack.us/i/73991173.jpg/

http://img72.imageshack.us/i/90280211.jpg/
Rickketik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 07:44   Link #6502
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
But...it's not really a GN Sword type of weapon to bridge the gap. It looks like a heavy weapon for overwhelming attack. The longer barrel suggests higher firepower (could be the same as the Buster Launcher), then you have the condenser material. Doesn't look like it's for cutting, but rather smashing. I'm not saying it isn't the GN Sword 2.5 (just a name I'll use to an official one comes), but looks like something different.
Actually,if you think about it it makes sense for this to be the GN Sword 2.5.It was hypothesized by Homeless to be the case not long after the image came out,and I guess it turned out she was right.

Now looking at the design,one thing most of us agreed about is that it combines the design features of both the GN Sword II and GN Sword III,you can see obvious elements of both in there,GN Sword II handle and sensor while a bit of II's body in the early main body section.While the blue bottom shield thign is from III,as well as the overall larger green blade,not to mention the probablility that its made from the same Condenser material we're all aware off.

The similarity to Reborns and 1 Gundam's Rifle is there of course,if you were to analyse the overall shape,but the elements of this being a GN sword familiy is fairly obviousl as well.

And as you said,it does look like its meant to be suggest that it has high range firepower.Well,just look at the GN Sword III,especially in S223,when 00 destroyed a battle ship with a large beam after avoiding a few yellow beams from it.That is heavy firepower.The GN Sword 2.5 is probably an early prototype of the design team tyrying to improve the next generation of GN Sword series,the blade is probably there for heavy melee attack as well with the new material,while the Buster Launcher like weapon is probably there for high range firepower.

But as they developed more on it,they'd probably improved both aspects.They've probablymanaged to compress the high beam technology into a more simple and less deadly looking cannonas well as with a more traditional GN Sword design.

The features of both weapons are probably there because its still in the developement stage.Some things may have ultimately been kept with on the final design,while some elements may have been dropped,including some GN Sword II features.

So in my opinion,this being a GN Sword 2.5 makes alot of sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbore View Post
Remember, that condenser material blades don't cut with sharpness, but with heat. They generally melt material before contact, which was the main problem with the GN Katars from the 00 Seven Swords, they kept melting themselves.
Actually,they do cut with sharpness.The sharpness would probably there to help the usual damage dealing method,combined of course with the kinetic energy of the blade when its swung.The heat is probably used to help weaken the surface beforehand when the weapon is near,as well as probably in the when the weapon is the middle of cutting.It sort of helps damage the target surface,combine this with the usual sharpness helps deal damage.

So I guess from being a sharp balde,its become a hot sharp blade.
Old 2009-11-22, 10:42   Link #6503
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

My friend, you are a god! Finally we can see some better details of the unit. Too bad we can't get translations on the macroscopic Kanji...but hey, what can ya do right? Thanks for the work, I'll be inspecting these for quite a while. Part of me hopes it's for the movie (though I don't think Sunrise would tease us this early of enemy units), and the other part of me really hopes it's either the GNZ 2 or 6.

If so...it's a damn shame they never appeared in combat, oh well...cue in some 00V Senkai.

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2009-11-22 at 14:01.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 11:17   Link #6504
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
makes me wish that we own the same technology used by the guys at CSI to zoom-in that pic, but well, thats good already, should do enough
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 15:42   Link #6505
rocawarde
Gundam Mechanic

Big update:

http://z11.invisionfree.com/gundam00...&#entry4668277

00V senki is about to begin

The rifle is called GN Sword II Blaster(Buster?), so calling to the GN Sword 2.5 was spot-on

O! it seems to be confirm they lost two GN Drives

Last edited by rocawarde; 2009-11-22 at 15:55.
rocawarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 12:45   Link #6506
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Is the GN Conderser material naturally hot, or do GN Particles have to be flushed into them to convert into heat?
Old 2009-11-25, 12:49   Link #6507
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

Quote:
Is the GN Conderser material naturally hot, or do GN Particles have to be flushed into them to convert into heat?
i would think that the GN particles would cause the GN condenser material to become hot.
Old 2009-11-25, 16:11   Link #6508
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Heh, I just noticed that one of the ships the Gaga Force destroyed was the lab transport ship that brouhg the 0 Gundam to Ptolemaios.

God damn I really need some new eyes...
Old 2009-11-25, 16:13   Link #6509
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamMeisterLockon View Post
i would think that the GN particles would cause the GN condenser material to become hot.
I would can insert GN Particles into antyhing and it becomes hot.

Still,its hard to know.Of course it will become hot,but the significance of the heat is unknown so far.The Condenser Blade was made from the same materials as the Condensers,but they're using different application nonetheless so its hard to tell at this point whether they're using the same materials and specifying/modifiyng for different purposes because they're good at both or whether they're using the same material for a common trait that they want,which may in this case be a powerful heat conductor.

GN Particles are converted into heat directly in the Condenser Blade,so maybe the heat plays some sort of important role in the material being used to store GN Particles as well.
Old 2009-11-25, 16:22   Link #6510
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I still wanna know how GNCM is made....is it purely GNP centric, or is it a pre-existing tech? I guess we'll never know.
Old 2009-11-25, 23:59   Link #6511
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Considering its heavily related to GN Particles,its probably a new material.Its hard to figure out because its so GNP related.
Old 2009-11-26, 07:10   Link #6512
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Some interesting new lineart released today from Dengeki Hobby, showing some interesting mechanisms and lineages (courtesy of Mookster3799 from Mechatalk):

Spoiler for Masurao Prototype:

Spoiler for Liang/Throne Drei docking mechanism:

Spoiler for Arios GN Beam Shield defense mode:

Spoiler for Ahead chest details and Booster pack:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2009-11-26 at 07:20.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 07:31   Link #6513
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Thats interesting,not only do we get further clarification on the issue but we get a picture as well,this is probably that partial suit we saw in the anime.The [probable] GN Drives seemed to have been mostly the same,if not completely.

Ah Rian's rifle sure looks nice being wielded by the Drei.
Old 2009-11-26, 07:54   Link #6514
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
didn expect arios' s gn shield to be in the binders!
Old 2009-11-26, 12:19   Link #6515
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Graham changed that Ahead-based MS?

IDIOT!

Quote:
Considering its heavily related to GN Particles,its probably a new material.Its hard to figure out because its so GNP related.
Sometimes I wonder if it's GNP but solidified.
Old 2009-11-26, 12:24   Link #6516
Balder8472
I have a License

Quote:
Graham changed that Ahead-based MS?

IDIOT!
Graham's mobilesuit requirements were "the fastest speed and the strongest sword" the Ahead frame is heavier and bulky compared to the Light Flag frame and combined with the two pseudo GN drives it gives extra strength to both Beam Sabers and GN Verniers.

The Masurao is a close combat mobilesuit designed solely for a duel with Setsuna.

Who knows maybe in the future 00V issues they will bring out the Ahead based Masurao

Last edited by Balder8472; 2009-11-26 at 12:36.
Balder8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 12:27   Link #6517
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

It's an aesthetic thing. I like the head design much better. I really would have loved to see it fully complete, un-Grahmed.
Old 2009-11-26, 13:50   Link #6518
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Spoiler:
Anti-beam grenades? Those cylinders seem smaller than the ones carried around by the GN-XIIIs, but one never knows how much one can miniaturize the A-B hardware. Otherwise they could serve as smokescreen, flash grenades, beacons, etc. dispensers.
Old 2009-11-26, 14:20   Link #6519
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

The hips on the Ahead look like they can hold many things, not just one certain type of armament. I always wondered why the Ahead had two rifle configurations, what are the two (magazine) type things on the rifle when it has the longer barrel?

After some re-reading of posts on the whole discussion whether or not grunt GNMS have composite armor or not, I came to the conclusion that they DO NOT have it. In S2 Ep19, Cherudim Gundama killed two Ahead's with the GN Pistole, in one shot. Where as in episode 25, the Gadessa took two shots directly to the face, and they merely splashed on the armor.

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2009-11-26 at 14:40.
Old 2009-11-26, 15:53   Link #6520
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhus12 View Post
didn expect arios' s gn shield to be in the binders!
We have knowned that for awhile now,though we have not seen a pic of it in aciton yet.

Quote:
The hips on the Ahead look like they can hold many things, not just one certain type of armament. I always wondered why the Ahead had two rifle configurations, what are the two (magazine) type things on the rifle when it has the longer barrel?

After some re-reading of posts on the whole discussion whether or not grunt GNMS have composite armor or not, I came to the conclusion that they DO NOT have it. In S2 Ep19, Cherudim Gundama killed two Ahead's with the GN Pistole, in one shot. Where as in episode 25, the Gadessa took two shots directly to the face, and they merely splashed on the armor.
1)The 2 configurations of the Ahead Beam Rifle is a little bit similar to the dual fiiguration of the Orginal GN-X,which does have a long barrel attachment.

The main difference as I recall is that the NN-X's long barrel does nothing to the power,it merely reduces the firing rate and increases the distance,power remains the same.

While in the case of the Ahead's barrel attachment,power is actually increased when the barrel is attached due to the extra GN Condensers it brings.I cant remember the detail on the firing rate and stuff for this one.

2)What that simply shows is that they have far weaker defenses,that does not mean they lack actual GN Composite Armor.They could have gotten a greatly reduced cheapened less powerful version.Still,I get the point you are trying to present,and sort of agreeing with the points,though not necessaily with the conclusion,as far as how definitive it is.

Its possible that the they may have been forgone altogether or get cheapened because of cost related issues.They are grunt suits afterall.