AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-12-09, 20:23   Link #6781
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

So the Tri-Punisher was something to make the Susanowo a "new generation suit"?

How does that work? Also, since the Susanowo was being overlooked by Union engineers, does that mean they knew about the Trans-Am?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 01:11   Link #6782
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
what is gn compression ratio? How is it used to disable the gn fields?
Old 2009-12-10, 01:22   Link #6783
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamAker View Post
I suppose it could mean, the strength of the GN Field.

Say the GN Field has a strength rating of 100, the GN-X particle beams from their rifles was probably...say...110. If you go past the GN Fields rating, it'll give out.

That's just my explanation, probably South of being right though.
Old 2009-12-10, 02:37   Link #6784
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I suppose it could mean, the strength of the GN Field.

Say the GN Field has a strength rating of 100, the GN-X particle beams from their rifles was probably...say...110. If you go past the GN Fields rating, it'll give out.

That's just my explanation, probably South of being right though.
That's the gist of it. But it's more complex. The GN Field rating is based on several factors like compression level (aka. particle density) efficiency of that particle wavelength for that task, and quantity of particles (you could have the strongest GN field ever, but if you don't keep pumping particles in to maintain it, I can chip away at it with whatever weapon I want).

In order to drop the field, you need to deal more "damage" to it that it has integrity. However, the field also has a recharge rate, if you deal more "damage" to it than it can restore in some amount of time, you weaken the field. This is evidenced in S1E21 when CB first fights the thrones. Tieria brings up Virtue's field, but after a few (3?) shots from the GN-Xs his field collapsed.
Old 2009-12-10, 05:59   Link #6785
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

can ms pilot set the gn cpompression ratio by himself or mechanic has to do it? can the ratio be changed whenever the pilot desires it ?
Old 2009-12-10, 06:03   Link #6786
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
So the Tri-Punisher was something to make the Susanowo a "new generation suit"?

How does that work? Also, since the Susanowo was being overlooked by Union engineers, does that mean they knew about the Trans-Am?
Susanowo itself is the prototype of the next generation production suits.The weapon itself doesnt make the suit a next generation but the technology on the suit as a whole.The weapon is just one of the suit's advances features of being a experimental prototype suit.

Put it this way,imagine that Susanowo is like an ordinary Custom Flag.Graham gets some personal say of the customisation he wants,so the suit is probably tweak for extreme acceleration and melee prowess.

But its still a production suit,or in the Susanowo's case the "base" of a production suit thats suppose to be more general purpose [The Flags may be more speed base than say the Tieren,but its still made general purpose for a variety of functions]

In Susanowo's case,Graham is basically getting a prototype of the next generation mass production suit.He may get some say in what he wants it to be but the engineers as well as the higher ups probably some say in what its suppose to be,hence the more "general purpose" functions of the suit,like the Tri Punisher and GN Fields.

Its also a bit like the Sakigake,Graham gets his say in tweaking it to his tastes,but at the very core the machine is still an Ahead.

Quote:
We're not completely sure but my general thoughts of the matter are far different than those that have been posted.

GN Compression ratio would probably be how the Gn Field is structured in terms of how compressed the particles are.In other words the amount of GN Particles.

But I never thought it was that simple of a case,from S121,I've held a rock papar scissors view of the GN Field Compression rate and GN Beams Compression rates.

I think that certain GN Beam Compression Ratios works well againts certain GN Field Compression Ratios,just like water does well againts fire.I dont have the ability to explain this in detail other than generally saying that there is a strenght vs weakness relationship here.

My guess is that Virtue's GN Field come equiped with a certain tweaked GN Compression Ratio that gives it the best performance.The UN Army was probably given this information and used set their beams weapons with a beam setting that is best at chipping away Virtue's set compression rate.

One big difference between what I think is that I dont think its as simple as being higher or lower[otherwise the Thrones would have easily used it last time],rather I feel like there is a certain rock-paper scissors-element working here depending on the elements.Most matches probably have a neutral effect,which would result in the GN Field usually winning but a each micro comrpession ratio adjustment probably has its own "weak" counterpart in another compression ratio adjustment.

My guess is that using this weakness would be impossible without exact data on the actual compression ratio that the Field is using[I believe the accracy of the compression rate needs to be correct to the microlevel,rather than just a general setting].Which is why I believe why we've never seen GN Field be penetrated easily by a 2 beam rifle feat was ever repeated again.

The usage of each compression ratio is probably based on what the mechanic perceives to be the best overall performance of the Field,IE the most efficient and powerful one.

I'm guessing Virtue keeps using a specific compression ratio but after the battles after S121,its adjusted to a different ratio.Oen thats probably less efficient,perhaps random one thats not even close to the best performance so that the enemy won't be able to take advantage of its weakness.

This has always been the opinion that I've held ever since I've watched the episode One and the half years plus ago.

Quote:
can ms pilot set the gn cpompression ratio by himself or mechanic has to do it? can the ratio be changed whenever the pilot desires it ?
Don't know,its anyone's guess.
Old 2009-12-10, 07:16   Link #6787
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

I think seravee's gn field compression , output etc is controlled by seraphim's gundam chest face! It has a set a new standard for gn particle control and output .
Old 2009-12-10, 08:37   Link #6788
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
I think seravee's gn field compression , output etc is controlled by seraphim's gundam chest face! It has a set a new standard for gn particle control and output .
Do you have any evidence or footage to back your claim? I hope you did.

Though I think it might be possible, considering that Seravee is the next generation successor to the Virtue, with improved technological feats and etc.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 09:18   Link #6789
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

just observe seravee or garazzo in s2. mostly focus on seravee!

Last edited by GrahamAker; 2009-12-10 at 11:21.
GrahamAker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 11:19   Link #6790
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

We know that Seraphim helps Seravee particle control system for awhile now.Seraphim is basically a giant Clevical Antenna.It helps the total partical control ability of Seravee as awhole.

Stuff like quick charging,using GN Field as a beam focal point,turning Seravee's beam into a sphere form,etc.
Old 2009-12-10, 11:29   Link #6791
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Somebody mentioned the garazzo's buyonets can penetrate the field. How much can they penetrate? I wonder what improvement raphael will have gn field development.
Old 2009-12-10, 11:38   Link #6792
Balder8472
I have a License

The Garrazzo's finger Sabers probably could pierce a GN field if both hands were used,but if additional GN particles were redirected from other systems to GN field emission then maybe not.
Balder8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 11:53   Link #6793
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

for that seravee might have to use face burst mode gn field!
Old 2009-12-10, 12:12   Link #6794
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Somebody mentioned the garazzo's buyonets can penetrate the field. How much can they penetrate? I wonder what improvement raphael will have gn field development.
Its hytpothetical though its a possibility but its hard to tell.

The problem here is the GN Cutters are not only small but their on the elbows.So even if they can pierce fields,they'll have a hard time doing anything else,unless its possible to get the entire arm inside.

In Seraphim's case,the hands itself has the ability to penetrate,and the ability to transform into a GN Cannon helps alot after said penetration is done.

As far as official info goes anyways,the Gn Cutter's main role is to provide a quick melee attack available if it ever comes to that.It probably something similar to Master Chief;s melee attack from the Halo series,useful for close encounters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balder8472 View Post
The Garrazzo's finger Sabers probably could pierce a GN field if both hands were used,but if additional GN particles were redirected from other systems to GN field emission then maybe not.
I don't know,it is pretty powerful but its still a beam and they have a really really hard time piercing GN Fields.Of course beam thats so much more powerful than the Gn Field could penetrate it easily,but since it rarely happens in the series,its hard to judge.
Old 2009-12-10, 12:55   Link #6795
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

can seravee defeat garazzo using its six beamsabers?
Old 2009-12-10, 12:59   Link #6796
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Probably not. Garazzo is still faster than the Seravee. Quantity can't always beat quality. The Garazzo would probably have to really work for a kill against six beam sabers and probably wouldn't come out unscathed, but I don't think Seravee would come out the victor there.
Old 2009-12-10, 13:03   Link #6797
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

tieria will have use god skills to become victor in this bout (la kira)
Old 2009-12-10, 13:45   Link #6798
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
can seravee defeat garazzo using its six beamsabers?
Um.... no.

Ladies and Gentlemen......

Spoiler for Masuruo 1:

Spoiler for Masuruo 2:

Spoiler for Masuruo 3:

Picture Credits: Homeless

Um....excuse me,Susana....what?I've never heard of that mobile suit before.This thing on the other hand was constructed with strongest steel from heaven and hell it seems.

Man,I'm sorry Masuruo.I'm sorry for cheating on you with the other knockoff,please forgive me*erases Susanowo from memory and scraps HG Susanowo*.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioactive 28
Tidbits from the description of the machine:
- was a testbed for the next-gen UN mainline machine after the GN-X and Ahead
- was initially based off the Ahead, blah, blah, blah
- GNX-U02X, because it is the successor to the GN Flag SVMS-01X
- Susanoo was GNX-Y901TW because it was a prototype machine in the series after the Ahead
Quote:
Originally Posted by radioactive 28
Nope, nothing on that. Doing their best to keep up the suspense, I expect >_>

More info from the pictures:
* GN Field
- dualwielding MS, therefore lacking a shield
- compensated by small GN field generators at the elbows (those pointy things) which double as sub-thrusters
* Cover Armor
- cover armor at the back (the Union mark) covers the charge connector
- possibility of adding a GN Condenser
* Beam Chakram
- the head antenna and the waist thrusters (the giant spikes, I presume) inherit their clavicle antenna functions from the GN-X's cross-shaped binders, hence the ability to create the beam chakram

There's some information about Howard with regards to thruster and keeping aloft, but I can't see some characters, can't make sense of the description either.
The Darryl and Howard thing is still creepy but its nothing new,we've heard that the beam sabers are named like this for the Masuruo's in the HG Susanowo manual as well.So this kinda confirms it even more.

But actually seeing it in the weapon's profile name in plain English instead of a translated profile?Thats bring the experience to a new level.

I personally wish it would be GN Howard and GN Darryl actually.Sounds more cooler and less weird.

The Laser Machine Gun section is interesting as well,I wonder if it will the 2nd time we've seen a Laser weapon equiped on a mobile weapon in the AD timeline,if the name is what it says.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2009-12-10 at 14:19.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 18:11   Link #6799
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Laser machine gun? WTF? That's gotta be some sort of mis-print...
Old 2009-12-10, 18:27   Link #6800
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Um,no why would it be?We've seen laser weapons in AD timeline before,its not something new.