Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-01-30, 07:32   Link #3041
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamMeisterLockon View Post
yeah but maybe something like a assault rifle for him to use and he will be able to cause alot more havoc with that then with Gn pistols . He used cherudims GN sniper in assault rifle mode quite abit.

But when up agaisnt strong pilots he always switched to GN pistols and discarded the sniper so he is really comfortable with them and i guess they are his number one weapon of choice. I guess he doesn't like too heavy of weapons, The GN pistols are preety handy for counter shooting as we saw with the revive battle. Its good 4 dodging a shot and quickly returning fire.
Of course he did,the pistols are considered a close combat class weapon while the sniper rifle is more suited for longer ranges despite the vulcan mode.

Then again,the Sniper Rifle is there because it provides a long precise shooting ability to the team and compared to Seravee's attacks are more precise,easier to launch and less particle cost per shot.

I will be surprised if Zabanya comes lacking a Sniper Rifle though because Cherudim is predominantly a long range MS,and Zabanya is mentioned to be the "same type as Cherudim".That and the other Gundams seems to be following their previous roles from 00Q to Harute to Raphael.
Old 2010-01-30, 07:45   Link #3042
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Of course he did,the pistols are considered a close combat class weapon while the sniper rifle is more suited for longer ranges despite the vulcan mode.

Then again,the Sniper Rifle is there because it provides a long precise shooting ability to the team and compared to Seravee's attacks are more precise,easier to launch and less particle cost per shot.

I will be surprised if Zabanya comes lacking a Sniper Rifle though because Cherudim is predominantly a long range MS,and Zabanya is mentioned to be the "same type as Cherudim".That and the other Gundams seems to be following their previous roles from 00Q to Harute to Raphael.
Maybe with Zabanya ,the GN pistols will be its main weapons and the sniper will be its secondary weapons jus encase it might need to do some emergency sniping.
Old 2010-01-30, 08:08   Link #3043
xytrix

Quote:
Maybe with Zabanya ,the GN pistols will be its main weapons and the sniper will be its secondary weapons jus encase it might need to do some emergency sniping.
Basically what Lyle did with Cherudim. Lyle did use the sniper usually, but later on, he became using the pistols more.

Last edited by xytrix; 2010-01-30 at 08:22.
xytrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 09:23   Link #3044
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Don't know man , i never seen anyone looking THAT thrilled over juice or water B4. I guess if it is booze then it will make lyle the drunken meister haha. I see why he gave up sniping now, since if he was to continue sniping, he won't be able drink Alcohol because it throws his sniping concentration off , so when given the choice between booze or snipeing he chose booze.
Actually drinking is not that detrimental to sniping, a little allows you to be more relaxed on the trigger while aiming (Swiss Popular Sharpshooting Wisdom).
Old 2010-01-30, 10:17   Link #3045
xytrix

^ True, Lyle only needs enough to be relaxed, he doesn't need to get himself drunk, that will indeed screw his sniping, and the rest of his skills.

And regarding to which Lyle chose, booze or sniping? i don't think it's about that though really lol

It's just that pistols is his thing.
xytrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 10:51   Link #3046
furato
Chronic Googler

I doubt Zabanya would do away with long-range rifles entirely, unless that task is given to another Gundam. While Lyle tend to default to pistols, pre-emptively shooting down enemies as they approach is a useful tactic for a team that's always outnumbered. Not to mention if they need to do something like the Memento Mori mission where precise destruction is all they need.
furato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 12:34   Link #3047
Balder8472
I have a License

let's be fair Neil Dylandy was an ace with the sniper rifle and used the GN pistols for short-mid range targets and as backup weapons.Lyle didn't have his brother's long range experience and seemed to prefer short-mid range combat.
Balder8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 13:21   Link #3048
rocawarde
Gundam Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balder8472 View Post
let's be fair Neil Dylandy was an ace with the sniper rifle and used the GN pistols for short-mid range targets and as backup weapons.Lyle didn't have his brother's long range experience and seemed to prefer short-mid range combat.
Knowing that, I think they should re-design the pistols to be longer (Actually I like the design we saw in the promo, I just want it to be a bit longer)

(I gonna dig wayyyy back for this one) A good example would be Yazoo's Gunblades Velvet Nightmare from Final Fantasy Advent Children.

And why not add a lil condenser on the pistols for pulse shots
Old 2010-01-30, 15:29   Link #3049
GundamFan

I agree that Lyle is better at short to mid-range than the long range. However the a submachine would be a better choice for a primary weapon then a pistol if that's the plan for the suit.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 15:44   Link #3050
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
I agree that Lyle is better at short to mid-range than the long range. However the a submachine would be a better choice for a primary weapon then a pistol if that's the plan for the suit.
Not really, a sub machine gun is more of a sub weapon rather than a main one. With more powerful GN Pistols, a blast could take out an enemy MS in one blast. Otherwise, Zabanya wouldn't have them out. Whereas a machine gun would take a few well placed numerous shots to kill a unit.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 16:07   Link #3051
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Actually the GN-Pistol II was already capable of killing an enemy mobile suit in a single shot. The Cherudim's first use of the shield bits' Assault Mode showed this, when Lockon made four kills at once by taking two out with a pistol each, and another two out using the eight Shield Bits firing simultaneously.
Old 2010-01-30, 16:10   Link #3052
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Actually the GN-Pistol II was already capable of killing an enemy mobile suit in a single shot. The Cherudim's first use of the shield bits' Assault Mode showed this, when Lockon made four kills at once by taking two out with a pistol each, and another two out using the eight Shield Bits firing simultaneously.
Ah damn it, can't believe I forgot about that.

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2010-01-30 at 23:28.
Old 2010-01-31, 01:26   Link #3053
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

As for long range capability in the entire team,it would help if we know the interactivity between Zabanya and Dynames Condenser.Like Arios and Archer,Arios default doesnt come with missles as part of its armament or even normally used optional armament like Kyrios,that roles was relegated to the GN Archer.

So if Zabanya and Dynames Condenser have sort of a in field deployment configuration where they support each other[Possibly a recharge particle type of relationship,the gunhanjdle and Condenser Magazine is still suspicious],it may explain any lack of sniping ability on the Zabanya if it does turn out to be the case,because it may mean that Dynames Condenser is meant to be part of the standard deployment team,just like GN Archer.
Old 2010-01-31, 01:31   Link #3054
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
As for long range capability in the entire team,it would help if we know the interactivity between Zabanya and Dynames Condenser.Like Arios and Archer,Arios default doesnt come with missles as part of its armament or even normally used optional armament like Kyrios,that roles was relegated to the GN Archer.

So if Zabanya and Dynames Condenser have sort of a in field deployment configuration where they support each other[Possibly a recharge particle type of relationship,the gunhanjdle and Condenser Magazine is still suspicious],it may explain any lack of sniping ability on the Zabanya if it does turn out to be the case,because it may mean that Dynames Condenser is meant to be part of the standard deployment team,just like GN Archer.
I'm not really sure how I can see that happen....unlike Archer Arios, I don't see how Zabanyames (just made it up) can develop a particle recharge relationship.
Old 2010-01-31, 01:56   Link #3055
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

It depends on what the arms inside Zabanya shields are[because arms couls mean alot of things],and whether theres room for condenser magazines there,because on closer ins section on the black and white lineart,the middle section has a long rectthaangular line with a decoration that is similar to the magazine seen on Dynames Condenser lineart

I also find it interfesting that Dynames Condenser magazine is showed in the lineart to be removable like a real magazine with arrows and all,while Zabanya's Container is unusually rectangle size shape.The unusual large gun handle on Dynames doesnt help to dispel the idea from my head either.

Of course,the only way to know for sure is to wait for the actual answers.
Old 2010-01-31, 02:00   Link #3056
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
It depends on what the arms inside Zabanya shields are[because arms couls mean alot of things],and whether theres room for condenser magazines there,because on closer ins section on the black and white lineart,the middle section has a long rectthaangular line with a decoration that is similar to the magazine seen on Dynames Condenser lineart

I also find it interfesting that Dynames Condenser magazine is showed in the lineart to be removable like a real magazinw with arros and all,while zabanya's Container is unusually rectangle size shape.The gun handle on Dynames doesnt help to dispel the idea from my head either.

Of course,the only way to know for sure is to wait for the actal answers.
GN Condenser Magazines would pretty neat, and effective. It would eliminate the dependency of the one unit to constantly rely on the other one for particles.
Old 2010-01-31, 06:50   Link #3057
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Well,if the idea does become true,Dynames will still rely on Zabanya for charging the particles,its just that they don't have to dock.

Well,the idea has been around before ever since the linearts came out,while the idea came up to me in my thoughts,I wasn't the only person who came to that hypothesis,a lot of people thought of it.Because well,the signs are just that strong visually,though we'll just have to wait and see if it does come true or not.

We'll also have to wait for the new Zabanya lineart,I'm pretty sure with all these purported color changes there will be some physical changes as well.Current 00Q Sword Bits for example are completely different from when we first saw them.

So,we'll probably have to wait for the new Zabanya version to see whether the idea becomes more plausible or not,because the latest lineart we've gotten we'll probably outdated by now though its all we have.

Of course,nothing could be changed in the end,though I'd doubt it at this point.

Another possible thought in my head is that Dynames will be a drone and Lyle will snipe from it remotely when needed while it acts more normal functions when he's not.Maybe even a Haro could control its movement,its already been doing so for Dynames and Cherudim when sniping mode is active.Just a thought though,don't draw too deep into this.
Old 2010-01-31, 07:24   Link #3058
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

Quote:
Well,if the idea does become true,Dynames will still rely on Zabanya for charging the particles,its just that they don't have to dock.

Well,the idea has been around before ever since the linearts came out,while the idea came up to me in my thoughts,I wasn't the only person who came to that hypothesis,a lot of people thought of it.Because well,the signs are just that strong visually,though we'll just have to wait and see if it does come true or not.

We'll also have to wait for the new Zabanya lineart,I'm pretty sure with all these purported color changes there will be some physical changes as well.Current 00Q Sword Bits for example are completely different from when we first saw them.

So,we'll probably have to wait for the new Zabanya version to see whether the idea becomes more plausible or not,because the latest lineart we've gotten we'll probably outdated by now though its all we have.

Of course,nothing could be changed in the end,though I'd doubt it at this point.

Another possible thought in my head is that Dynames will be a drone and Lyle will snipe from it remotely when needed while it acts more normal functions when he's not.Maybe even a Haro could control its movement,its already been doing so for Dynames and Cherudim when sniping mode is active.Just a thought though,don't draw too deep into this.

Maybe the dynames can also act like a giant shield bit and protect zabaniya from shots using its full shield.
Old 2010-01-31, 09:20   Link #3059
Zantetsuken

Quote:
Maybe the dynames can also act like a giant shield bit and protect zabaniya from shots using its full shield.
I don't think it will be cost effective. A shield bit is just a solid block E-Carbon with thruster, condenser, and beam weapon. If it's destroyed, making a new one is easy, but using a fully functional if outdated but still effective MS for a specific role for a shield is... wasteful
Old 2010-01-31, 09:56   Link #3060
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
I don't think it will be cost effective. A shield bit is just a solid block E-Carbon with thruster, condenser, and beam weapon. If it's destroyed, making a new one is easy, but using a fully functional if outdated but still effective MS for a specific role for a shield is... wasteful
I didn't mean it as a specific role i mean't it as one of the role when i said it can ALSO be used as a giant shield bit. Yes i do agree with your cost effective statement.

Tags
gundam 00 movie